publicity photos... real and fake.

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: publicity photos... real and fake.

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote: No, b00m, please don't cancel this thread. As you said, many spanking fans have these publicity photos in their private collections, and I'm sure some of them will eventually begin to post them here.
OK. I think I'll keep this thread going a little longer. (Although, if i followed your example , it would be gone. It took well over 48 hours for anyone to respond.)

daneldorado wrote: Here are two that I have... and as it happens, in these two films, the spankings really DO occur on the big screen. First, here is a photo from the 1941 film "Our Wife," in which Melvyn Douglas spanks Ellen Drew.
Yes. And it's an example of the posed picture being a lot different than the actual scene. The background looks like an indoor shot, whereas the spanking in the film took place out on the patio. Ellen Drew really did look cute in this OTK pose!

daneldorado wrote: And here is a photo from the 1949 film "Stagecoach Kid," with Tim Holt spanking Jeff Donnell. If you are not familiar with this movie, there are a few things you should know. First of all, Jeff Donnell, the spankee here, is female, not male as her given name might imply. The confusion here is furthered by the fact that in this film, Jeff Donnell plays a girl who is trying to pass herself off as a man. Tim Holt's character is initially fooled, but eventually he realizes her deception, and gives her a royal spanking.
I haven't seen this movie, but I find it difficult to believe that Ms. Donnell could possibly pass herself off as a man... for even a short time! The first time he saw her decidedly feminine rear end in those tight jeans, I think the cat would be out of the bag! On the other hand, I suppose I could believe that he'd pretend to fall for her ruse, while looking for any excuse the could find to "punish" that denim-clad backside!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:THANKS BooM 8-) Remember seeing an young adult Shirley Temple being spanked in a still for a movie forget the name and Fred Mac Murray spanking a woman otk in a still also don't think these movies had spanking in them :x
Hi Butch.

I have one of the Shirley Temple pictures. Here it is: from Kiss and Tell I haven't seen this film, but I've read that no actual spanking took place.
Attachments
kiss and tell.jpg
kiss and tell.jpg (66.98 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

THANKS bOOm 8-) Love seeing Miss Temple in spanking position otk! too bad the only movie spanking she got happen when she was a little girl! remember her being threating with a spanking in a movie once :lol:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan. Thanks for adding one more photo to this collection.
daneldorado wrote: Here is another publicity still with June Haver in it, this time over the knee of her co-star Mark Stevens, in the 1949 film "Oh, you Beautiful Doll." In this case, however, there is NO spanking in the actual film.
It's a shame that there wasn't another film (besides Look for the Silver Lining) that featured a spanking for Ms. Haver's lovely spankable bottom!

daneldorado wrote: When I was much younger, I had a big crush on June Haver. I met her, in 1978, when I was writing for an old movie magazine called American Classic Screen. I arranged to meet Miss Haver and her husband, Fred MacMurray, and do a combined interview with them at their Brentwood home. They are -- check it, they are both deceased now -- they WERE two of the friendliest people I have ever met. No airs about their film careers, no, they were just normal folks. And I got a great interview from them.

Of course I wondered if I should mention anything to June about her on-screen spanking... and, as I'm sure you have guessed, I decided to say NOTHING about that scene. She had a lot to say anyway, primarily about her life as a Catholic nun... actually, a novice... right after her departure from the screen, in 1950 and 1951.
That sounds like it was a very fun interview!

daneldorado wrote: Anyway, let me know what you think about the picture I'm sending you today.
It's a beautiful picture. As a couple of others have already pointed out, I doubt she'd feel much if she was actually spanked in that outfit... unless Mr. Stevens were to raise that skirt and all those petticoats!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Hey B00m,

I'm glad some others responded to this - it's a worthy thread, and I thank you for starting it. As for myself, I couldn't even get here until today - I've been ill twice and have had my hands full just keeping the board up and running and doing minimal updates on the main site.

On the Thin Man one, that was a very nice version. I have another on the main site here, to which I must remember to add this new one.

Here are the two on that page for those who don't want to have to follow the link:
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed! Thanks for getting in on this thread! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was interested in the topic.
web-ed wrote: I'm glad some others responded to this - it's a worthy thread, and I thank you for starting it. As for myself, I couldn't even get here until today - I've been ill twice and have had my hands full just keeping the board up and running and doing minimal updates on the main site.

On the Thin Man one, that was a very nice version. I have another on the main site.
Yeah. I like those too. Actually... on the second one, I think the artist who drew it might've deliberately reversed the image to make the man appear to be using his right hand.
web-ed wrote:William Powell gives Myrna Loy several whacks using a rolled-up newspaper of all things. Dude - she's your wife, not the family dog! Next time, use your hand, or try a hairbrush or paddle!
Maybe someone should start a thread about ridiculous implements! However... the only one I can think of besides this one is the fireplace shovel used in McLintock! I can speculate about one possible reason for using the newspaper: Perhaps it was to get the scene past the censors by making it seem less erotic and more slapstick.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

hugob00m wrote:
butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:THANKS BooM 8-) Remember seeing an young adult Shirley Temple being spanked in a still for a movie forget the name and Fred Mac Murray spanking a woman otk in a still also don't think these movies had spanking in them :x
Hi Butch.

I have one of the Shirley Temple pictures. Here it is: from Kiss and Tell I haven't seen this film, but I've read that no actual spanking took place.

I saw an interview with Shirley once, she said her mother told everybody on the set it was OK to spank Shirley when she was little.

Mummy Dearest!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'll have to check my files to see what movie publicity spanking photos I have there. I haven't pushed this genre much because Hollywood isn't my specialty and I always figured anything I had, someone else would already have posted somewhere. In fact, I'm sure Dan has posted some on another topic on this forum. (Speaking of Dan, one reason he didn't comment earlier on this thread is that he had some real problems signing on to the board, but let's hope those are all fixed).

Although of course I love to see a good spanking scene in a movie, I've always hated Hollywood and I've provided few movie clips on this site. I've done more with 60's TV shows primarily because some of these were surprisingly unavailable from other spanking sites (they may have been on Dan's VHS Cinema Swats series). I do have a spanking of actress Evelyn Brent, but it's in a comic book we haven't seen yet and of course will be scheduled some time. Interestingly, it depicts not an on-screen spanking but one given to her in real life by her father!
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

I think The Thin Man spanking his wife with a roll up newspaper was better than the newspaper spanking in June Bride :lol: the weirdest spanking tool I seen in a movie was and Asian film where the man spanked a woman with a chicken drumstick :o :twisted: :lol:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Here are two (2) more samples of publicity stills showing spankings from early films.

By the way: This will be my FIRST posting to the Chicago Spanking Review since some time before last December. For some crazy reason, the Internet "cancelled" my Password to this site, and I only got it back due to some vigorous cajoling by our leader, he who is known as Web-Ed. Thank you Sir!

The first of these stills shows us the great Western film hero, William S. Hart, "spanking" his teenage niece (played by Gertrude Short) in the 1918 film "Riddle Gawne," but it's all in fun. The picture fools us into thinking Hart is giving the girl a severe punishment, but in the film itself we can see that they were just playing games. ("Messing around.") Maybe the studio floated this publicity still hoping to attract some serious spankos into the theaters. I'm guessing it worked.

The second still shows us a clip from "Her Big Night" (1926), a sophisticated comedy of the type Hollywood doesn't seem to know how to make any more. It's a stellar vehicle for its star, the blonde Laura LaPlante, who would become the silver screen's first "Magnolia" in the 1929 version of "Show Boat." Here, Laura is being spanked by actor John Roche, who thinks he's caught his wife cheating on him with another man. But Laura is actually the body double for Roche's wife, a movie star named Daphne Dix and played in this film by... yes, Laura LaPlante herself! At the right, we can see supporting actor Nat Carr, who's trying to tell Roche he is spanking the wrong girl! So the spanking ends, but not before Roche has delivered eleven (11) swats to the LaPlante derriere! (Three swats are seen to land.)

I hope you guys will continue to post these publicity stills from movies. Hugob00m got the ball rolling a couple of months ago in this thread, and we all got to see some good pics. Hope to see lots more.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Two good ones, Dan! I'm very glad you're back with us at last! :)
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks, Web-ed. It's good to be back.

By the way: This comment actually has nothing to do with spanking, except that it is related to a film that DOES show us a good spanking scene.

The above-mentioned 1926 film, "Her Big Night," ends with Laura LaPlante in BOTH her roles, as a movie extra named Frances, and as Daphne Dix the big star. In a shot that I am not sure was tried before 1926, the two women come together and share a chaste goodbye kiss. So, it is Frances and Daphne kissing each other... but hey! Aren't they played by the same actress? Yeah, they are both Laura LaPlante!

Of course, in this day of computers and CGI effects, a scene like that would be easy for the special effects guys to put together. But in 1926? Hey, that was before any of us were born!

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

I once had a still from The Roots Of Heaven and Blue Beard Eighth Wife showing the spanking unlike the movies where they are off camera! Hope to see more still 8-)
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

I think that by now, all of us know that there is NO spanking in the 1948 film comedy The Fuller Brush Man. Nevertheless, that movie produced one of the prettiest publicity photos in filmdom. Here, we can see Red Skelton appear to "spank" the lovely Janet Blair.

If anyone is interested, check out a film called Three Girls About Town (1941). I believe it is available in full, on YouTube. In that picture a very young Janet Blair DOES get spanked, right near the end of the movie.

Do any of you guys have any publicity pics that show a spanking? Doesn't matter if the spanking is actually in the movie or not. When b00m started this thread, he asked us to submit any pics that show a movie spanking.

We'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote:I think that by now, all of us know that there is NO spanking in the 1948 film comedy The Fuller Brush Man. Nevertheless, that movie produced one of the prettiest publicity photos in filmdom. Here, we can see Red Skelton appear to "spank" the lovely Janet Blair.
Thanks. Dan. This picture has been floating around the internet for several years now, but I think the one you just posted is the clearest scan I've ever seen. And you're right about it being one of the prettiest publicity photos around.

The Fuller Brush Company was a bit before my time, but I'm guessing that they must've made at least one product that was useful for spanking adult women, even if it was marketed for some other ostensible purpose. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
butch46163@yahoo.com

I once had the still from Three Girls About Town plus I saw one from Public Deb no.1 and beauty and The Bandit :D
jimc

Post by jimc »

Fuller Brush Man was my favorite posed spanking. I loved Janet Blair's expression, her position (otk of course ) and of course the over-sized hairbrush. I heard somewhere that she was spanked by Glenn Ford in one of her movies. Does that ring a bell with anybody? Another great thing about Fuller Brush Man was that it actually had 2 posed spankings and that was another great thing about the movie. Another great posed spanking was in the ADVENTURES OF JIM BOWIE and he got to spank his wife and Ken Berry got to spank his wife in F Troop in a posed spanking and I heard that there was a fake spanking out there of Cary Grant spanking Dyan Cannon Wouldn't you have loved to have seen that one. Have a great day.
Jim
butch46163@yahoo.com

I thought the Cary Grant spanking his wife story was real! read about it once in his bio it also said that it happen in front of their maid :lol: reason he didn`t approve of her wearing mini skirts :lol: there a fake still of Shelly Winter been spanked in Behave Yourself :D
jimc

Post by jimc »

There is a great article over at Vanilla spankings about posed spankings and a great collection of spankings with back stories that everyone interested in this thread should look at. I am not very good at getting the pictures and posting them myself, but I do try to tell people where to find them. Have a great day.
Jim
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:I thought the Cary Grant spanking his wife story was real! read about it once in his bio it also said that it happen in front of their maid :lol: reason he didn`t approve of her wearing mini skirts :lol: there a fake still of Shelly Winter been spanked in Behave Yourself :D

Dyan Cannon divorced Cary Grant because of his erratic behaviour, including spanking her in front of their household staff while under the influence of LSD.