Good Marks

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #69

Post by web-ed »

It's really pretty amazing how this story keeps rolling along. You must be doing something right, Phil, because everyone is waiting with bated breath to hear the rest of Xandra's story, and of course none of us have forgotten, especially with Peggy to remind us, that Xandra really deserved the spanking she got :D .

As Butch noted, they're going to need more pillows in that dormitory! Wish I had the pillow concession for Overbarrel U. :lol:
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Good Marks

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Can`t wait to hear Peggy`s story think they going to need more pillows in that room :lol: :lol: :lol: Very HOT!! Story 8-)
HI Butch,

It's interesting but when I replied to Boom's comments and Willjohn's, I didn't see your comment even though it now shows that yours came in first?? This is the third or fourth time this has happened to me recently and I am at a loss to understand it. I don't know if I've just been so busy that I haven't been catching everything or if sometimes there is some time lag between the time a comment is submitted and it's actual arrival here at CSR???

In any case, I do think you're right about the pillows, although I would think that the girls who are experienced at getting spankings would realize this and would be smart enough to bring their own when they stop by :lol: . I'm glad you're still enjoying this toon :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:It's really pretty amazing how this story keeps rolling along. You must be doing something right, Phil, because everyone is waiting with bated breath to hear the rest of Xandra's story, and of course none of us have forgotten, especially with Peggy to remind us, that Xandra really deserved the spanking she got :D .
HI web-ed,

This has turned out to be a lengthy story for sure :lol: . This panel and the next one, assuming I get time to do it, are just to maintain the continuity of our story between spankings. Knowing that our CSR members always like to know the whole story about a spanking, such panels are necessary, even if I'm not showing any actual spanking action. Of course, I still like to make such panels as interesting as possible as we lead into the next spanking flashback. That's why I really like hearing that you think everyone is waiting for the rest of the story and that Butch thinks the toon is still hot :D . Xandra did indeed deserve her spanking and still deserves what's coming to her for lying to Walter. This will all be coming up shorty, I hope, if I can just get time to do that pics. It's been a real struggle to get time to work on them lately but I don't want to stall out now that we're coming into the home stretch in this toon.
web-ed wrote:As Butch noted, they're going to need more pillows in that dormitory! Wish I had the pillow concession for Overbarrel U. :lol:
I hadn't thought about this but it certainly would be a good idea for an enterprising young man :lol: . Perhaps you could get permission to actually set up shop inside the dorm. Make sure you advertise your pillows as the softest and most soothing for a well spanked bottom :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Time Stamps on this Board

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:
HI Butch,

It's interesting but when I replied to Boom's comments and Willjohn's, I didn't see your comment even though it now shows that yours came in first?? This is the third or fourth time this has happened to me recently and I am at a loss to understand it. I don't know if I've just been so busy that I haven't been catching everything or if sometimes there is some time lag between the time a comment is submitted and it's actual arrival here at CSR???
O.K., time to put on my computer geek hat :geek: and make with another of my patented explanations that leave everyone more confused than before :lol: .

First, there should be no substantial delay between the time a comment is submitted and the time it posts. When you click "Submit" some PHP code should execute out on CSR's server to execute MySQL queries that update the necessary tables (little data bases). (The tables hold things like our posts, our personal information, the board's structure, etc. - most everything but the images, which don't concern us here). Now of course the MySQL query can fail for any number of reasons, and I believe this had happened to Hugob00m more than once, but if it succeeds you should get quick confirmation. (Be sure to copy your post to your clipboard if it's a long one so you won't lose it if the query fails). Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that Butch would have submitted his post only to have it actually update the tables minutes or hours later.

I just made some tests to determine how the board displays the time. First, there is the Board's own time, which is set by me to U.S. Central Time. Then each of us sets his own time zone at registration, and this can be changed whenever you want through your User Control Panel (UCP). It is this "personal time" that determines the time stamp displayed on the posts as you view them. For example, Phil's response to Butch carries a time stamp of 7:56 A.M., which means Central Time since that's what I've set in my UCP.

Therefore, it seems to me Butch's post really did come about 3 hours before B00m's and Willjohn's. Why didn't Phil see it? I'll hazard a guess that he clicked on the hyperlink that took him to the last post, a feature we didn't have until a few months ago (at least I think we didn't) instead of clicking on the page link which should have been set to the first post on the page.

And if anyone wants to reset his time zone, the board calculates relative to what I think of as Greenwich Mean Time and is abbreviated UTC. Here is a helpful guide to translate your American time zone into boardspeak:

Eastern: UTC - 4 hours
Central: UTC - 5 hours
Mountain: UTC - 6 hours
Pacific: UTC - 7 hours

Of course that won't help Willjohn in Australia, whose three time zones are UTC + 8, 9, or 10. (I believe he's set at UTC +11).

And now that I've cleared that up, I'm off to solve another crisis across the globe. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

It would appear that the beginning of Xandra's story has gotten all the girls on their feet with excitement!.......or perhaps they've just done as much sitting as their sore bottoms can take for now :lol: . I hope you enjoy the new pic . Phil
marching
marching
070.jpg (386.37 KiB) Viewed 5444 times
willjohn

Re: Time Stamps on this Board

Post by willjohn »

web-ed wrote:
overbarrel49 wrote:
HI Butch,

O.K., time to put on my computer geek hat :geek: and make with another of my patented explanations that leave everyone more confused than before :lol: .

First, there should be no substantial delay between the time a comment is submitted and the time it posts. When you click "Submit" some PHP code should execute out on CSR's server to execute MySQL queries that update the necessary tables (little data bases). (The tables hold things like our posts, our personal information, the board's structure, etc. - most everything but the images, which don't concern us here). Now of course the MySQL query can fail for any number of reasons, and I believe this had happened to Hugob00m more than once, but if it succeeds you should get quick confirmation. (Be sure to copy your post to your clipboard if it's a long one so you won't lose it if the query fails). Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that Butch would have submitted his post only to have it actually update the tables minutes or hours later.

I just made some tests to determine how the board displays the time. First, there is the Board's own time, which is set by me to U.S. Central Time. Then each of us sets his own time zone at registration, and this can be changed whenever you want through your User Control Panel (UCP). It is this "personal time" that determines the time stamp displayed on the posts as you view them. For example, Phil's response to Butch carries a time stamp of 7:56 A.M., which means Central Time since that's what I've set in my UCP.

Therefore, it seems to me Butch's post really did come about 3 hours before B00m's and Willjohn's. Why didn't Phil see it? I'll hazard a guess that he clicked on the hyperlink that took him to the last post, a feature we didn't have until a few months ago (at least I think we didn't) instead of clicking on the page link which should have been set to the first post on the page.

And if anyone wants to reset his time zone, the board calculates relative to what I think of as Greenwich Mean Time and is abbreviated UTC. Here is a helpful guide to translate your American time zone into boardspeak:

Eastern: UTC - 4 hours
Central: UTC - 5 hours
Mountain: UTC - 6 hours
Pacific: UTC - 7 hours

Of course that won't help Willjohn in Australia, whose three time zones are UTC + 8, 9, or 10. (I believe he's set at UTC +11).

And now that I've cleared that up, I'm off to solve another crisis across the globe. :)
Sydney Australia is on Australian Eastern Standard Time this time of year.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

overbarrel49 wrote:Hi everyone,

It would appear that the beginning of Xandra's story has gotten all the girls on their feet with excitement!.......or perhaps they've just done as much sitting as their sore bottoms can take for now :lol: . I hope you enjoy the new pic . Phil070.jpg
By now Xandra's bum must be going into a serious bruise. :o
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

Mmmm! I love Xandra's description of Walter marching her to his place, and all the sorority girls and fraternity boys along the way knowing exactly what was in store for her when she got to where she was going! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was sure an em-BARE-ASS-ing day for her, wasn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote: By now Xandra's bum must be going into a serious bruise. :o
Hi Willjohn,

Xandra is certainly one well spanked young lady at this point in time :D . The question is, what's going to happen to her next 8-) . We'll be finding out soon. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

Mmmm! I love Xandra's description of Walter marching her to his place, and all the sorority girls and fraternity boys along the way knowing exactly what was in store for her when she got to where she was going! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was sure an em-BARE-ASS-ing day for her, wasn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Boom,

I'm glad you enjoyed Xandra's narrative :D . It just seemed to me like something that could happen on a college campus 8-) . It was indeed an embarrassing day for her but that's what she gets for trying to lie her way out of trouble. I figure she'll think twice before doing something like this again :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #70

Post by web-ed »

As Walter was leading her home, Xandra must have felt like she was being marched to the scaffold! It's a little like an extended version of those last few seconds before the spanking, when the man pulls the woman toward him just prior to taking her OTK. At that point, her knees usually feel so weak she can hardly stand, so to have to endure that feeling on the long march home (and that's probably why she tripped and stumbled, by the way) would be difficult.

Then there was the embarrassment of having all those onlookers know exactly what was going on, added to which is her housemates' reminder that her first spanking has been posted on Facebook for everyone to see :oops: . Poor Xandra - except she deserves every swat she got!

So - what happened when Walter finally got her home?
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The suspense is incredible! 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:As Walter was leading her home, Xandra must have felt like she was being marched to the scaffold! It's a little like an extended version of those last few seconds before the spanking, when the man pulls the woman toward him just prior to taking her OTK. At that point, her knees usually feel so weak she can hardly stand, so to have to endure that feeling on the long march home (and that's probably why she tripped and stumbled, by the way) would be difficult.
Hi web-ed,

I like your comment "It's a little like an extended version of those last few seconds before the spanking, when the man pulls the woman toward him just prior to taking her OTK." I hadn't thought of it like that but I think all the same emotions are in play and this is probably the best analysis of what's happening to Xandra emotionally that I've seen :D . I also have to agree that trying to walk along, especially quickly, knowing she's gonna get it when they get home, probably does have her knees in a weakened condition and is a contributing factor to the awkward way she was walking :lol: .
web-ed wrote:Then there was the embarrassment of having all those onlookers know exactly what was going on, added to which is her housemates' reminder that her first spanking has been posted on Facebook for everyone to see :oops: . Poor Xandra - except she deserves every swat she got!
Everything that's happened to Xandra may seem excessive to some but it's all her own fault. Had she changed her behavior at any point in the story, she could have prevented at least some of the pain and embarrassment she's gone through. Instead, she just kept going, trying to get out of her punishment. This is what happens to naughty girls, or at least what should happen, and the more she pushed it, the more trouble she caused for herself. She seems to have changed her attitude for now but I'm not sure a tiger can change her stripes that easily and it's possible that she isn't yet done causing problems for herself 8-) .
web-ed wrote:So - what happened when Walter finally got her home?
Since I'll be posting the next pic in a few minutes, you won't have long to wait to find out :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:The suspense is incredible! 8-)
Fear not Willjohn,

I'll be posting the next pic in a few mintues :lol: . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

Well, it looks like Xandra's OTK again :D with her bare bottom up in her story as the girls discuss their attempts to get out of a spanking......attempts that never work :lol: . I hope you enjoy the new pic . Phil
panic
panic
071.jpg (417.43 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Good Pic 8-) like how this pic focus only on Xandra`s very red hot bottom and the ruler that is spanking it soundly! :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-) A Spanking Master Piece THANKS!!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

That is one red raw rump that Xandra has on display. Any butcher would be proud of it.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

I really liked the view of Xandra's bright red hiney. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I enjoyed the description of how Xandra tried to postpone the inevitable by saying she had to go to the bathroom. I suspect she's about to learn how futile it is to stall!

And... considering how much naughtier Xandra has been than Anna or Barb, I'm guessing she's in for a much more severe punishment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Good Pic 8-) like how this pic focus only on Xandra`s very red hot bottom and the ruler that is spanking it soundly! :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-) A Spanking Master Piece THANKS!!!
Hi Butch,

I did think that Xandra's recently spanked bottom was the natural focus of this pic and I'm glad you enjoyed it :D . Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:That is one red raw rump that Xandra has on display. Any butcher would be proud of it.
Hi Willjohn,

I'm glad you enjoyed the way Walter is displaying Xandra's bottom :D . I have to tell you, though, I didn't have any thoughts about butchers when I did this one :lol: . Thanks, Phil