Good Marks

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Re: Good Marks

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

I'm glad that, in spite of your recent difficulties, you were able to take a little bit of time out for something fun.

I had been wondering if the ruler would remain unused... but Phil (Phictitious Phil, that is) was able to come up with a reason for using it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really like the pose, and the view of Barb's increasingly red bottom!
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Phil
I hope all has gone well and that your wife has a speedy and full recovery. Thanks for the fine art, I trust it offered you a bit of relaxation in the midst of your hectic schedule. You can be assured that we all understand where your priorities must be for the time being.
Phil S.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Sorry to be late in responding, Phil. None of the women in my life has ever needed a hysterectomy, so I remain blissfully ignorant of what sort of condition leads to that procedure. After reading that your Karen had the operation, I took the time to look it up.

Yes, I understand your concern, and I pray for you and Karen. But the internet tells us that there are several kinds of hysterectomies, and some of them are more severe than others. If your Karen had a vaginal hysterectomy or an LSH, her recovery time will be relatively brief and she will probably be able to walk again within a week. You say she had the op on the 14th, so she is perhaps up and around already... in which case, cheers!

Know that I, and all your friends here at the CSR, are keeping you and Karen in our prayers. I will add her name to my daily novena. And we all look forward to your return to our Resident Artists pages when, but not before, your dear one is out of the woods.

Love,
Dan Rivera
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Good Marks #66

Post by web-ed »

I love paddles of all kinds, so of course I'm very happy to see Barb get the ruler across her deserving behind - let justice be done :lol: ! Anna's reaction is quite realistic, and she doesn't even pretend to be sorry Barb gets the extra swats. Another great panel visually, also. :)

Any further commentary would be superfluous given your wife's recent surgery. Allow me to add my best wishes for her speedy recovery to those of the rest of the CSR gang. Don't worry about getting caught up - all of us seem to falling behind right now except for Phil Sweetspot, and as soon as April's breakneck pace can be abandoned in a few days I'll be taking it a bit easier here myself. Life sometimes makes enormous demands on our time, and I think everyone understands that. I'll keep the lights on at CSR, and all of us will just contribute what we can when we can. Thanks for your recent efforts with Good Marks. :D
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

Karen has had her last "procedure" and I am hoping that from here on out she can concentrate on just healing and getting back to normal. We have a doctors appointment today so that will probably tell us what we need to know. In the mean time, thanks to all of you for your good wishes. I also need to get back to normal. I have only one pic left to post so I need to get on with more and I am hoping to get to work on a new one soon. Yesterday I had my first good workout on the trumpet since the 13th so maybe that's an indication of something more normal. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi everyone,

In today's episode, we are going to take a peek at Barb's paddling :D ........and the results 8-) :shock: ! I hope you enjoy the new pic . Phil
the ruler caused a "measure" of happiness
the ruler caused a "measure" of happiness
067.jpg (420.63 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Looks like Barb`s punishment has change to pleasure :D glad they both enjoying it :D :D 8-) that ruler wicket!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Looks like Barb`s punishment has change to pleasure :D glad they both enjoying it :D :D 8-) that ruler wicket!
Hi Butch,

It did indeed wind up being pleasurable for Barb 8-) . The girls will be discussing all this next week :D I'm glad you liked the ruler. It seemed like a ruler was a good implement considering this is a school setting 8-) . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Awesome art work! Barb's butt looks like two egg shells dipped in dark red Easter egg dye.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Sweetspot wrote:Awesome art work! Barb's butt looks like two egg shells dipped in dark red Easter egg dye.
Thanks Phil. I'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . Phil O.
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Hi Overbarrel, I love your wonderful drawings, but I miss the costume drama's you used to draw. The stories now are more domestic and do not have the edge or excitement of your previous work. This is not criticism, just a readers point of view.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

solsunbeach wrote:Hi Overbarrel, I love your wonderful drawings, but I miss the costume drama's you used to draw. The stories now are more domestic and do not have the edge or excitement of your previous work. This is not criticism, just a readers point of view.
Hi Solsunbeach,

I'm not sure just what you mean when you say "costume drama's? perhaps you could give me an example since I am in the process of trying to plan out a new toon when this one is over. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying my toons. Thanks, Phil
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Hi Phil

You had some Wild west stories including the lone ranger and a series with a college girl getting a spanking in the park by a policeman. These are stories with different locations and more diverse story lines. If you look at all the different situations that Katie (BOOM) gets in you will understand what I mean. Thanks for listening.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

Your latest panel is really yummy! Barb's round buttcheeks are almost glowing from the heat she's feeling! She's crying and kicking... as would be expected, getting paddled with that ruler! But the narration indicates that she was soon enjoying her man's attention!

It looks like Barb's spanking is over. So then... what will be next? Do we get some details on Xandra's second spanking? Another girl from the dorm?
solsunbeach wrote: I miss the costume drama's you used to draw. The stories now are more domestic and do not have the edge or excitement of your previous work. This is not criticism, just a readers point of view.
Hmmmm! A costume drama? Even though the girls usually end up with nothing covering their derrieres, it might be interesting if they start out wearing something besides "normal" pants and dresses. Have you ever though about featuring a supervillainess in tights?

I like your "domestic" stories myself, but some variety might be nice too.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Costume drama? Not like the lady having a couple of dozen petticoats under a crinoline lifted?
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Yes exactly, WillJohn
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I think I can pass over the girls' conversation since that's already been addressed. What I like best about this one is the very unusual camera angle. It's hard to describe except in reverse: a line projecting straight out from Barb's rear and perpendicular to her thighs (long dimension). This gives us the best possible view of that nice red well-paddled ass. Luckily for Barb no one was recording her spanking the way she recorded Xandra's - this is one view she wouldn't want the world to see :lol: !

Also worthy of mention is the hip abduction - the technical term for the thighs being spread apart. This serves a practical purpose as it prevents the spankee from clenching even if she's not bent as far over as she should be (angle between upper and lower body less than 90 degrees). Also it looks nice :lol: !

Good work Phil, and thanks for doing this despite the distraction of you wife's recent hospital stay - and I hope she's recovering swiftly.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

solsunbeach wrote:Hi Phil

You had some Wild west stories including the lone ranger and a series with a college girl getting a spanking in the park by a policeman. These are stories with different locations and more diverse story lines. If you look at all the different situations that Katie (BOOM) gets in you will understand what I mean. Thanks for listening.
Hi Solsunbeach,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Now I understand what you meant. I guess my stories have changed a lot over the years as the ones you mentioned are all fairly old. Our current toon doesn't have too much longer to run and I still haven't decided on what to do for the next one and I'll keep your comments in mind. Perhaps it is time for a change. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Phil.

Your latest panel is really yummy! Barb's round buttcheeks are almost glowing from the heat she's feeling! She's crying and kicking... as would be expected, getting paddled with that ruler! But the narration indicates that she was soon enjoying her man's attention!
HI Boom,

I'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . You're right that she does enjoy Phil's attention. She may indeed even be enjoying it during the paddling but the ruler isn't allowing her to realize that until afterward :lol: . Let's just say that ultimately, she does enjoy his confident, masterful approach 8-) .
hugob00m wrote: It looks like Barb's spanking is over. So then... what will be next? Do we get some details on Xandra's second spanking? Another girl from the dorm?
What indeed :lol: ? It won't be long until we find out what's next so just stay tooned 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:Hmmmm! A costume drama? Even though the girls usually end up with nothing covering their derrieres, it might be interesting if they start out wearing something besides "normal" pants and dresses. Have you ever though about featuring a supervillainess in tights?

I like your "domestic" stories myself, but some variety might be nice too.
After what Solsunbeach had to say, this comment is especially interesting. I guess those normal clothes you mentioned do tend to be my favorites. The same can be said for my domestic stories. However, that doesn't mean we can't have something else for a change and I'll be thinking about this as I'm trying to plan a new toon. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I think I can pass over the girls' conversation since that's already been addressed. What I like best about this one is the very unusual camera angle. It's hard to describe except in reverse: a line projecting straight out from Barb's rear and perpendicular to her thighs (long dimension). This gives us the best possible view of that nice red well-paddled ass. Luckily for Barb no one was recording her spanking the way she recorded Xandra's - this is one view she wouldn't want the world to see :lol: !
Hi web-ed,

I'm glad you enjoyed the camera angle and the resulting view of Barb's plump bottom :D . I hadn't thought about anyone recording this spanking but I'm betting that if Barb knew what she looked like, she would agree with you :lol: .
web-ed wrote:Also worthy of mention is the hip abduction - the technical term for the thighs being spread apart. This serves a practical purpose as it prevents the spankee from clenching even if she's not bent as far over as she should be (angle between upper and lower body less than 90 degrees). Also it looks nice :lol: !
I'm not sure Barb is aware of this either :lol: . In this case, I think it's just Barb's natural reaction to Phil's application of that ruler to her sit spots 8-) :lol: .
web-ed wrote:Good work Phil, and thanks for doing this despite the distraction of you wife's recent hospital stay - and I hope she's recovering swiftly.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. My wife is recovering and all the procedures are now over :D It appears that all is well and we go Monday to get a scan to verify that so hopefully she will now be getting back to normal. Thanks, Phil