Seventh O.T. Katie thread

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Re: Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:Funny - the idea that fans would notice the substitution of a stunt-behind for the spanking scene! If the controversy spreads, will Katie find herself being unwittingly dragged into it? Stay tuned to find out!
There have been times... usually right after an action film has been released on disc, when fans will look at certain scenes to pinpoint the moment when the stuntman is substituted for the star. Spanking scenes... ? I don't know of any, but I think it makes a good premise for my story. And I think someone would notice the callipygian Katie being substituted for the not-so-endowed Lila.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Seventh O.T. Katie thread

Post by web-ed »

You know, B00m, I think it was suspected in one spanking scene, but I can't think of the name of the movie (I'm just not a Hollywood guy). It was a fairly well-known actress, and she was relating her fantasy of being spanked by a mob boss in front of several other men. We see a nice bare bottom, but her face isn't in the shot and I seem to recall some spankos theorizing that an uncredited stunt butt was being used for the spanking. :D
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

That would be Dana Delany in " Live Nude Girls."
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

Great to see you back, boom
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.

Thanks for commenting on my latest O.T. Katie cartoon.
daneldorado wrote:.
Help me out here... The number of years between 1997 and 2017 (now) is twenty... no?

So, how can Katie expect to look like Belle Flamme TODAY, wearing the same costume she wore TWENTY YEARS AGO, especially without alterations?

Unless, of course, she's Christie Brinkley. :P

Okay, stop rolling your eyes. I can see you. Yes, I realize that "O. T. Katie" is fantasy, but a successful fantasy has to maintain at least a shred of reality, in order to work.
You have a valid point. To have Katie wear something she wore twenty years earlier stretches credibility (as well as the fabric of that outfit!) But I think I can get away with it for reasons that Katie herself is going to explain...
explanation.jpg
explanation.jpg (106.82 KiB) Viewed 2517 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil.

Thanks for your very detailed comments. I like to read about little details that I hoped someone would notice, but wasn't sure if anyone would.
overbarrel49 wrote:I am usually really good about catching everything posted but CSR has been a veritable flurry of activity recently. So much so that I almost missed this episode of O T Katie.
Easy to miss. It's been a while since I posted an O.T. Katie story, and I was worried that no one would bother to check for anything new in my thread.
overbarrel49 wrote: I probably haven't mentioned this before but Katie looks really cute in your opening logo.
Thanks for noticing. I have a "standard" title page that I usually use, and sometimes I alter it slightly to fit the current story.
overbarrel49 wrote:I had no trouble telling that wasn't Katie in the second panel for the exact reasons that led the fans to think the spanking had been faked, that is to say, Katie's highly recognizable backside.
I'm glad I was able to differentiate enough between the two women.
overbarrel49 wrote:I thought you did an excellent job with Lila's expressions in panels 2 and 3. Either that or Lila's a really good actress.
Thanks for that. I wanted Lila to look as if she was worried for her backside... even though she knew good and well that the was never in any danger. Like Jon Lovitz said, "AC-ting!"
overbarrel49 wrote:I also love Katie's expression as she watches the show in panel 3 and panel 4.
I was glad you could discern her expression with so little of her face showing.
overbarrel49 wrote:The spanking part of panel 4 is just classic Katie, bottom bouncing, legs kicking up a storm. I was wondering how Katie feels about knowing what her delicious bottom looks like during a spanking. From her comments, she certainly had no trouble determining the difference between her and Lila.
Like many callipygian women, she thinks her butt is too fat!
overbarrel49 wrote: I love her expression as she watches in panel 5 too. It's almost as if she is reliving the spanking .
Heh heh! I think she is!
overbarrel49 wrote:Of course, I always love those closing credit shots.
Mmmm! I had fun drawing that one too!
overbarrel49 wrote:That's a nice view of Katie in panel 6 and I love her smile because whenever she gets that smile, it's followed by a spanking.
Yeah. I believe you're right.
overbarrel49 wrote:Thanks for posting this informative article about the movie. Now we know what's been going on during the intervening time .
I'm glad you liked that. I thought it might be a way of explaining some things without bogging the story down too much.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:You know, B00m, I think it was suspected in one spanking scene, but I can't think of the name of the movie (I'm just not a Hollywood guy). It was a fairly well-known actress, and she was relating her fantasy of being spanked by a mob boss in front of several other men. We see a nice bare bottom, but her face isn't in the shot and I seem to recall some spankos theorizing that an uncredited stunt butt was being used for the spanking.
willjohn wrote:That would be Dana Delany in " Live Nude Girls."
I've never seen that movie, but it would be interesting to find out if Dana Delany "cheated" her fans that way!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

solsunbeach wrote:Great to see you back, boom
Thanks, Solsunbeach. I hope this new O.T. Katie story will be worth the wait.
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

It's time for the second installment of Katie's newest adventure.
000002cosplay01.jpg
000002cosplay01.jpg (96.77 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay02.jpg
000002cosplay02.jpg (114.36 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay03.jpg
000002cosplay03.jpg (110.14 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay04.jpg
000002cosplay04.jpg (117.78 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay05.jpg
000002cosplay05.jpg (109.66 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay06.jpg
000002cosplay06.jpg (103.41 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay07.jpg
000002cosplay07.jpg (107.86 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay08.jpg
000002cosplay08.jpg (118.45 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
hugob00m

Cosplay

Post by hugob00m »

000002cosplay09.jpg
000002cosplay09.jpg (109.02 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
Well... that's it for now. There's more to come!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:That would be Dana Delany in " Live Nude Girls."
Right you are, Willjohn - thanks! :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Explanation

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Dan.

Thanks for commenting on my latest O.T. Katie cartoon.
daneldorado wrote:.
Help me out here... The number of years between 1997 and 2017 (now) is twenty... no?

So, how can Katie expect to look like Belle Flamme TODAY, wearing the same costume she wore TWENTY YEARS AGO, especially without alterations?

Unless, of course, she's Christie Brinkley. :P

Okay, stop rolling your eyes. I can see you. Yes, I realize that "O. T. Katie" is fantasy, but a successful fantasy has to maintain at least a shred of reality, in order to work.
You have a valid point. To have Katie wear something she wore twenty years earlier stretches credibility (as well as the fabric of that outfit!) But I think I can get away with it for reasons that Katie herself is going to explain...

explanation.jpg
I'm inclined to accept Katie's explanation ;) . As to the question of believability, there's no doubt it's important in fiction. (There's a reason for the old saying "Fact is stranger than fiction" - fiction needs to be more believable than real life often is!). On the other hand, there's also something called "The willing suspension of disbelief," and readers should be willing to cut the writer some slack. In fantasy we're willing to grant, at the beginning of a story, that some natural law will be suspended (this is known as the "one gimme" principle in science-fiction), but resolving the story that way would be cheating.

I'd guess most of us want to see Katie spanked looking like Belle Flamme, and therefore are willing to forget about the likelihood she could fit in the original costume. By the way, I believe Irish McCalla, whom we'll be seeing a bit more of in the future in the "Humorama Models" topic, was able to fit into her old Sheena costume as late as the 1990's forty years later!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Cosplay Chapter 2

Post by web-ed »

O.K., now on to Chapter 2. This was really kind of sweet, B00m, and of course we did get to see Katie spanked. Her attempt to avoid the spanking scene by suggesting she could sing the theme song from the movie was of course futile - Katie may think she can avoid spanking, but we know better :lol: !

So, how many readers caught Moosey's homophonic pun: "When you hit a high note, it 'Hz' my ears!" Audiophiles and physics majors will recognize "Hz" as the abbreviation for Hertz, or cycles per second. A soprano's high "C" (two C's above middle C) would be 1046.5 Hz in the modern tuning system and is certainly hard on the ears if the soprano isn't very good.

And of course Moosey understands audience tastes: if a play or movie has a famous spanking scene, audiences really want to see it! Imagine a cranky feminist version of Kiss Me Kate with the spanking removed - everyone would hate it :x ! So it's time to rehearse the spanking scene, and it's fun to see. But as Katie says, we meanies want to see her get a real spanking, and I'm sure it won't be long in coming, as even Katie (for once) realizes :lol: .
-- Web-Ed