Lena Pry As Recalled By JS666

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Sweetspot

Lena Pry As Recalled By JS666

Post by Sweetspot »

I was recently provided with several leads through the research of JS666 by way of the Web-Ed who got in touch with me with the information. JS666 recalled - because of his extensive time spent looking at 'microfilm' - two additional spanking scenes one from Lena Pry and the other from Jane Arden.

Lena Pry Arizona Republic October 9, 1938 - Lena Pry moved to Sparrow Gulch in January 1937. She inherited a 'farm' there from her uncle Lem Squares. The men of the gulch are pretty much lazy bums that put the work load on the 'henhussys' as the women are commonly called. So the women strike! The sit-down strike seems to be almost craze like in it's commonality in the late 1930's. As we can see at least one of the striking ladies will be doing very little sitting-down any time soon. There's a lot of fish-out-of-water, Green Acres style humor in this strip and in general, but not always, Lena seems to get the worse of the bruising.
Lena Pry AZ Republic October 9, 1938.jpg
Lena Pry AZ Republic October 9, 1938.jpg (157.13 KiB) Viewed 6107 times
Lena Pry rejoins the Jane Arden comic strip at the very end of 1945. In fact, at this point, her identity hasn't been fully revealed as she spanks the receptionist who work in the same office as Jane. The rude girl is a flirt who let's the men proceed while Lena has to cool her heels in the reception area. It appears that Lena was at one time the office manager here before moving to Sparrow Gulch. Jane Arden December 23, 1945
Jane Arden (Lena & receptionist)Dec 23, 1945.jpg
Jane Arden (Lena & receptionist)Dec 23, 1945.jpg (47.86 KiB) Viewed 6107 times
Jane Arden December 30, 1945 The young lady is still feeling the effects of the spanking as Lena gets reacquainted with some old friends.
Jane Arden December 30, 1945 Better.jpg
Jane Arden December 30, 1945 Better.jpg (54.89 KiB) Viewed 6097 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Lena Pry As Recalled By JS666

Post by web-ed »

More excellent finds, Phil! Especially the receptionist getting spanked - in that last panel it looks like both sets of cheeks are blushing red :lol: ! These of course will be added to Comics Gallery 2.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HOT FIND Phil 8-) 8-) love the look on the young receptionist face as she rubs her burning bottom :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS!!
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Here's something extra I found a few weeks ago while researching Lena Pry material for JS666.

Lena Pry Arizona Republic September 3, 1939
Lena Pry AZ Republic September 3, 1939.jpg
Lena Pry AZ Republic September 3, 1939.jpg (48.24 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Nice Find 8-) 8-) THANKS!
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Think I saw the one with the receptionist spanking when browsing old newspaper. comics years ago."Flibbertigibbet"- now thats a word you don't hear nowadays!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I think "flibbertigibbit" is an old word for what is now known as an airhead.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:I think "flibbertigibbit" is an old word for what is now known as an airhead.
I believe that's correct, Willjohn. The only other time I can remember hearing this word used was in the song "Maria" from The Sound of Music: "A flibbertigibbit, a will 'o the wisp, a clown" which is one of the nuns' none-too-kind description of their novitiate Maria. (At least if memory serves - I have the full score but I'm not at home now and can't refer to it).

So Oscar Hammerstein, who would have been in his late forties at the time Lena spanked that "flibbertigibbit" secretary, probably picked it up at that time (maybe even from that exact strip) or earlier and then used it 14 years later in "Maria".

And in case anyone's wondering, the reason I didn't post on this thread before now is that I really couldn't get to until four months had passed, and by now probably everyone's forgotten about it. :roll:
-- Web-Ed