Phil Overbarrel

Board-wide announcements of general interest will be posted here. There may also be forum-specific announcements which will be marked as such and posted under the appropriate forum.
hugob00m

Phil Overbarrel

Post by hugob00m »

I just read on the Consensual Spanking blog that Phil O's health has deteriorated even more, and they think he doesn't have long to live.

Phil, if you still read any C.S.R. posts, I'd like to say I'll miss your funny spanking stories and our long-distance friendship.

I'm going to post this message on more than one thread.

b00m
willjohn

Re: Phil Overbarrel

Post by willjohn »

Sorry to hear about Phil's declining health. I wish him the best and hope he is not in pain.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

This is the thread for this very sad news given Phil's importance to CSR. I didn't realize there was any source for news about Phil O. other than Phil himself, and he may no longer be able to type posts on this board. Phil has his own blog, of course, although I seldom visited there because he was good enough to post pretty much everything he did in his own gallery here. Here is the link: http://overbarrelspankingtoons.blogspot.com/

I went over there just now but I found I simply could not say good-bye to Phil - it hurt too much. So I thanked him for all he's done for us at CSR and in the broader spanking community. I hope he's still well enough to see the post.

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and I really have nothing more to say right now. Obviously if anyone hears anything more about Phil please post it here.
-- Web-Ed
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

I have posted on overbarrel's site here on CSR that he has started to work again and has posted some drawings on his blog site
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Some good artwork it is too.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Very :( :( love his art work
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Glad to hear it - thanks, Solsunbeach! I'll head over there as soon as I can.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

It's been over a year since we were talking about Phil O. I had heard that his health was worse and he didn't have long to live. Then he got active again... for a while... There were some more posts on his blog. But I see now the latest one is from June.

Does anyone know how he's doing now?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:46 am It's been over a year since we were talking about Phil O. I had heard that his health was worse and he didn't have long to live. Then he got active again... for a while... There were some more posts on his blog. But I see now the latest one is from June.

Does anyone know how he's doing now?
I'm afraid I have no information, B00m. I just checked his blog, the Consensual Spanking blog, and did a general internet search with no results. I hope for the best but fear the worst.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Thoughts and Prayers for Phil Overbarrel and his Family that he is doing well :cry: :cry:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Dave Wolfe (Wolfietoons) has posted a really nice tribute to Phil Overbarrel.

You can find it here. https://wolfietoons.blogspot.com/?zx=bc160b475467554a

I asked him, and he said that Phil is still alive, but in bad health. His family is taking care of him the best they can.

Our thoughts and prayers with him and his family.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Really wishing Phil the Best in Health and take care :cry: :cry:
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for the update, B00m, and the good wishes, Butch.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

And to you, Phil.

I know you can't post your clever stories anymore... but if you still read now and then... know that we're thinking about you.
web-ed
Site Admin

Phil Overbarrel, R.I.P.

Post by web-ed »

I regret to announce that Dave Wolfe has informed me Phil has passed away after his long battle with ALS. Dave has posted a moving and fitting tribute to Phil here. (I should make it clear that Dave sent me an email right away but I didn't see it until yesterday, nor have I been able to visit Wolfietoons lately where of course I would have seen his tribute. I would guess that the timing, coming as it did during the holiday season, is why more people didn't come across it.) I know that we're all deeply saddened by the news even though we expected his loss, and that I speak for all of us in expressing our condolences to his family and friends.

Everyone here is aware of how much Phil contributed to CSR. His strips - and I don't know how many there were, but they occupy 41 topics in his gallery on this board alone, plus there is some additional material on his own blog - astonished us with their variety even as they delighted us with an unbelievable quantity and quality of intense spanking action. I would encourage everyone to take a moment, pick a topic in Phil's Gallery, and take another look at one of his strips. I think he'd like that.

In Phil's honor I have placed a black border on the Home Page of the main site and will postpone this week's scheduled updates until next week. His gallery here will of course remain open and active in case any newcomers wish to add their comments.

Thanks for all you did, Phil. None of us here will ever forget you.
-- Web-Ed