Spk comics

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
jimc

Spk comics

Post by jimc »

It does appear that another site about our passion has been deleted.SPK COMICS does seem to have left Tumblr. It does seem like another spanking purge may be coming.I really enjoyed it even though it did have f/ and young spankings it did have all different types of media( films,manga,comic strips and foreign spankings). Does anyone know of other sites other than CSR that has like material. Thanks
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Spk comics

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:20 am It does appear that another site about our passion has been deleted.SPK COMICS does seem to have left Tumblr. It does seem like another spanking purge may be coming.I really enjoyed it even though it did have f/ and young spankings it did have all different types of media( films,manga,comic strips and foreign spankings). Does anyone know of other sites other than CSR that has like material. Thanks
Jim
It's funny, Jim, but I would have thought we had a separate topic for SPK here on the forum, but I see we don't so I guess we'll just leave these posts here for now where we've mentioned them in the past.

I haven't had time to visit SPK for several years now (I haven't even been able to catch up on this board yet!), which is a pity because Andre did some incredible work there, and I closed down my Tumblr ID several years ago when they started censoring spanking sites out of what we would now call "woke-ism" (or is it "wokesterism"?), i.e. "This is sexist, patriarchal, demeaning to women etc." - the usual crap from this noisy bunch. Now for the good news: I checked just now, and SPK is still there! :) Try this link if nothing else works.

It does have X/M and child spankings, and I don't believe they're sorted, probably because Tumblr does not provide that facility. (To blow my own horn a little, because I wrote the PHP code for the CSR Comics Spanking Data Base myself, I put in a filter that allows you to select spankings by type, so that you can view only M/F if you want to, for example). Still, SPK has some wonderful stuff, and I used some of it a few years ago when Chief Strip Researcher Phil Sweetspot :geek: and I were doing the second strip series here (the first was of course with you, Jim, back in 2010, I think). I may even have some of it already in my files.

I need to either go through their site manually and download the choicer items or else send a robot - if I still have one that works or can write a new one - to gather all the picture files for me so I can sort through them later. Alternatively, I'm on the path to locating some of their finds on my own now that I finally have a source for Golden Age Marvel and Archie comics. :D

As to other sites that concentrate on comics spanking the way CSR and SPK do, I'm not aware of any although Richard Windsor has occasionally turned something up while looking for more photos.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Yes it does appear to be back,but it was gone for at least 3 days or my link was bad.I too thought there were more posts about SPK, but I could not find one. Yes it was great when we first began way back then and I had been without a computer for several months as I dropped my tablet and my wife had taken over the family computer and my phone is set for parental controls ( it is paid by my daughter so I cannot ask her to remove it). Sorry to hear about Phil's passing..I really did enjoy his art .I am spending more time at deviant art and I have found some great super heroes art and some foreign as well..as you know I am more of an otk fan and many comics are just bending over for some spanks .have a great day.
Jim
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Yes, SPK seems to be back for now... but it doesn't look as if it's been updated recently.

Meanwhile, I noticed something disturbing at all the "Blogger" sites: They now require a sign-in. I can't sign in because I'm not a member.

So, I guess Wolfie-toons is now off-limits to me. :( :( :( :(
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

SPK comics is up and running
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

solsunbeach wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:17 am SPK comics is up and running
Good to know - thanks, Solsunbeach!
hugob00m wrote: Yes, SPK seems to be back for now... but it doesn't look as if it's been updated recently.

Meanwhile, I noticed something disturbing at all the "Blogger" sites: They now require a sign-in. I can't sign in because I'm not a member.

So, I guess Wolfie-toons is now off-limits to me. :( :( :( :(
It looks like it was last updated this past July. I regret not having had the time to check in on it, because Andre really did a lot of fine work there. Some of the later posts were child spanking cartoons already known to me, but I didn't mention them here because I don't have a data base of non-Humorama spanking cartoons (e.g. the one by Frank Beaven where the boy has taken the T. V. apart), although I think I did mention the two Ward F/M spanking cartoons involving boys under 18. And of course I didn't post them, either. If anyone is interested for scholarly purposes, drop me a line and I'll see if I still have them somewhere in one of my "Unusable" folders.

I miss Wolfie-toons too, B00m, although I could only get over there every month or two, and also "Spanking Minnesota". That's one of the big problems with blogs - you're at the mercy of the host's terms of service. Another is that you can't lay out the material in any organized way except for whatever the host provides (usually a chronological "archive"), nor provide a searchable data base. In return, of course, you get a nice, easy layout with no HTML coding required on your part, which makes it possible for anyone to blog (and which is both good and bad!), and you can always search with an engine if you know how to limit the search to the one site so you don't get a lot of extraneous junk. That's actually an option on the Home Page for a search confined to CSR, but all you have to do is select the "Chicago Spanking Review" option and my code will write the search query for you automatically.

With CSR, not only do I have to write the HTML code, which is no big deal any more (I'm basically just cloning page after after page, and I could teach anyone how to do that much since HTML is only a markup language, not a programming one), but I also had to design and create the SQL tables (little data bases) that power the Comics and Humorama DBs and write the PHP code to access them. For this forum I had to provide a DB and install the PHP code to create and access the tables that hold these posts and other information, like our user names, etc. That makes CSR much more flexible than a blog but also more time-consuming to maintain. :geek:
-- Web-Ed