New Finds

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Kid Eternity Spanking

Post by web-ed »

Found a 2nd spanking in Hit Comics (the first, from Bob and Swab, was already posted on a non-spanking site when I located it). It's not great, but not bad either - in fact it's a double spanking of two villainesses in Kid Eternity, one of Quality's better-known superheroes. These will be posted soon, I hope, but I've got a lot of strips that really need to get out there.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Results from Phase 4 and Phase 5

Post by web-ed »

My great Golden Age comics search has resumed, and since it's going on so long I decided to give the results by phase, although I haven't kept as strict track of the numbers as I did earlier.
Phase 4 (Quality Publications) - nearly 8,000 more pages did yield several spankings, including this week's Kid Eternity and several from their teen humor line, which I'm going to hold back until SpankingPanels.com has had a chance to present their versions.

Phase 5 (Quality and Ace) - 8500 more pages didn't yield anything usable, only missed opportunities. Disappointing, but then you never know what you're going to get. I'm discovering just how many comics were published during this era, and that spankings in them were not as common as they might once have seemed to be. The Comics Spanking Data Base is now up to 175, but that includes strips, and when you consider the vast number of comics pages out there, the occurrence of spankings is probably less than the 1 per 1200 pages we reported earlier.

Phase 6 is ongoing, but has only produced one spanking so far.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Re: New Finds

Post by daneldorado »

Web-Ed, know that I consider you a hero for all the research you do into TTWD. In my younger days, I too was a tireless researcher -- not only for spanking pictures, but also for pics of another fetish of mine. (See below.) And I found, literally, hundreds.

Most of my finds came from scouring the inventories of old book stores that had a lot of old fan magazines. Now, I didn't go the microfilm route, as you have; but searching through hard copies of old mags is exhausting in itself.

Keep up the good work, friend!

Cheers,
Dan N.
Attachments
The Lovely Patrice Wymore at Warner Bros., circa 1951.
The Lovely Patrice Wymore at Warner Bros., circa 1951.
Patrice3.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks, Dan! Like the leggy photo, too!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Phases 6 and 7, and Two Unrelated Discoveries

Post by web-ed »

Phase 6 is concluded with only 1 spanking; Phase 7 is currently underway. It's quite amazing how many comics were published during the Golden Age - I've only been able to get to a small fraction of them, and even so this represents over 60,000 pages with no end in sight! This phase covered Ace, Ajax-Farrell, American Comics Group, and some Charlton. The War books had few women, but the Westerns did, and the Crime ones, and of course the Romance - but no spankings. I was only able to get to some and not all the issues of particular titles, which may be part of the problem. So far Fawcett and Quality had more spankings than the companies I've looked at since. I'm disappointed in finding so little, especially in Romance comics, but there's a silver lining to this cloud.

Even though I've had to put most of my regular search activities on hold to make time for the Great Golden Age Search, I did manage to find actual copies of four Charlton Romance comic books with spankings. Two of these have already appeared on the Web (with low-quality scans, however, and they are not currently on CSR) and two (to the best of my knowledge) have not. All four of these are, as I write this, en route to me by USPS. So if the Post Office can make only one delivery this week, let's hope it's this one! I will make some good scans and post all four as a series probably in October.

For the benefit of other spanking scholars, so they can avoid covering the same ground I've already gone over, I'd like to make available all the titles and issue numbers I have searched, but as it must be about 3000 books (and still increasing) it would be far too much work by hand. Maybe I can write a Java program to read through all the folders and output the list, but such a project will have to wait.

[Aug 25 update] - Phase 7 finished with only one spanking, and it was one I already knew about. I'm somewhat disappointed at not finding anything in thousands of pages of Charlton comics, including a few romance books. I'd have thought there would be at least one or two. I'm more familiar with the Charlton of later years, and was surprised at how many titles they had during the 50's. Still, less than half of their output was available for searching, so something may yet surface, probably years from now.
Last edited by web-ed on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Revised existing and added new paragraph.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Golden Age Search Phase 8

Post by web-ed »

Found another source for Fawcett comics, so resumed searching there, while Ziff-Davis (who published the Little Al spanking) and Standard/Pines are winding up. Here are the final totals:

Pages searched: 9200
M/F - 1 (From Judy of the Jungle, but alas it's an heiress and not Judy who gets turned OTK)
F/F - 1 (will not be posted - Alice spanked by her own rag doll - but will put into DB)
F/M - 2 (Mary Marvel is at it again, one good OTK and one badly-positioned with a switch!)
M/M - 2 (#1 was close to another Mary Marvel spanking, but the boy's father got there first; #2 is Captain Future and the issue's villain)
Last edited by web-ed on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated with final totals after Phase 8 was completed.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Golden Age Search Phase 9

Post by web-ed »

The final totals are:

Pages searched: 9286
M/F: 2 (Captain Marvel, which was already known, and CM Jr., which is new but doesn't involve CMJ himself)
F/F: 0
F/M: 0
M/M: 3 (from Captain Marvel Jr; unique in that the spanker/spankee roles are reversed on the same page! The third is also somewhat unique in having Sivana Sr. spank Sivana Jr. for not being evil enough. This one I've put in the data base but will not post, while the first two will be posted since they both involve CM Jr. himself).

I was disappointed in finding nothing more from Standard/Pines; not Miss Masque or even their #1 superhero, The Black Terror (refer to the "Missed Opportunities" topic to see what these two look like if you're curious). From Fawcett, I was able to find the original source for the "Captain Marvel spanks Wildcat" panel I posted in June, while Captain Marvel Jr. proved a rich source of more spankings (4 of them), but with only 1 M/F.

Still no M/F pairing involving CM Jr. personally, which is a great shame since he was drawn more realistically than CM Sr. In fact, CM Jr. was rather handsome, which could make for a sizzling M/F spanking panel, but I don't think this was deliberately intended to draw more young female readers (whom Fawcett probably expected to read Mary Marvel instead), although it may have done so.

The Fawcett search continues in Phase 10, however, so perhaps something more will yet turn up. As to the non-M/F spankings that involve superheroes, the F/M ones will appear in due course, probably in the next "Marvel Family" series, while the M/M will be placed there or relegated to another series of "Weird Spankings".
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Golden Age Search Phase 10

Post by web-ed »

The final totals (09/14) are:

Pages searched: 9000 Cumulative pages: 93 907
M/F: 0
F/M: 0
M/M: 8
1. Captain Marvel Jr. spanks a giant boy.
2, 3. Uncle Sassafras canes Mike in Buck Jones, Frontier Marshal - twice!
4, 5. CM Jr. spanks Nazis on cover and two different Nazis inside the book.
6. CM Jr. spanks a young male criminal named Jolly Roger.
7, 8. CM Jr. spanks some midgets and, for good measure, teaches some giants how to spank the midgets as well, which they do. This one's going in "Weird Spankings" for sure!

I don't "twitter" or "tweet" or whatever it's called, but my mood right now is FRUSTRATED! Did CM Jr. HAVE to spank so many males? Is there some good reason why I haven't been able to find a single example of him spanking a female? :x

I'm not quite done with the Marvel Family even yet, so we may get something more there. Two strips disappointed with their total lack of spankings, Bulletman and Nyoka the Jungle Girl. I think I've finally seen the last of Bulletman, but Nyoka had her own book for a while and I haven't gotten to it yet. Let's see two examples from these strips.

First, Nyoka the Jungle Girl throws a paint can or jar, hitting a woman on the butt and thereby saving her from a deadly dragonfly! This is one of the sillier near-spankings we've come across.
Nyoka throws a can of paint, resulting in can-to-can contact.
Nyoka throws a can of paint, resulting in can-to-can contact.
master_comics_no_70_nyoka.jpg (212.7 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
I've got another one of Bulletman I'm going to put under the "Missed Opportunities" topic, but let's take a look at him and his female companion Bulletgirl:
Bulletman and Bulletgirl enjoy a good cigar.
Bulletman and Bulletgirl enjoy a good cigar.
master_comics_no_75_bullet_cigar.jpg (104.57 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
About to be knocked off by exploding cigars(!) - they sure don't seem like the brightest rounds in the clip, do they? Bulletgirl was never high on my spankability list, but after seeing her get coshed on the head (her least vulnerable area) time after time, I couldn't help wondering why the bad guys didn't go after a certain less-protected portion of her anatomy.
Last edited by web-ed on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Finalized totals and added pictures.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Golden Age Search Phase 11

Post by web-ed »

Pages searched: 6392 Cumulative pages: 100 299
F/M: 1
M/M: 3

This phase covered Centaur and the rest of Avon. No M/F scenes at all, which is disappointing. None of the others will be posted, but they have been duly logged into the Comics Spanking Data Base. I should mention that comparatively little of Avon's output is available, and I'm nearly certain that there's another spanking to be found within Avon somewhere. Centaur was always less likely to prove fruitful, because they were from an earlier era with no Romance books.

Back to Fawcett now for Phase 12 - there are still quite a few strips with the members of the Marvel Family as well as some other books to review.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Golden Age Search - Phase 12

Post by web-ed »

Pages searched: 10 179 Cumulative pages: 110 478
F/M: 2
M/M: 3

This was all Fawcett. I still have some Whiz Comics with Captain Marvel to go over, but I think I'm done with Mary Marvel and Capt. Marvel Jr. CM Jr. yielded only one M/F spanking (in phase 11), and that's one he wasn't involved with himself. Nyoka the Jungle Girl has potential, although it's unlikely that any jungle girl would get spanked in her own title, more's the pity (the Judy of the Jungle spanking we discovered was a spoiled heiress rather than Judy herself).
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Must commend you for your diligent research. Plan on posting the Judy of the Jungle spanking anytime soon?
web-ed
Site Admin

Judy of the Jungle

Post by web-ed »

Thanks, Tanner - I was planning to get Judy of the Jungle ready for 10/15, but I may have to push it back a few weeks because I have two big updates planned for 10/22 (Halloween Horror, 12 F/M spankings) and 10/29 (9 Weird spankings). Most of these pages are already coded, though, so maybe I can still work it in somewhere during October. We need some relief in the form of M/F stuff to counterbalance those 20 pages! I wish it were Judy herself taken OTK. Anyway, November at the latest.

I know we'd love to see a jungle girl spanked in her own book, but it doesn't seem likely to happen. I do still have quite a few Nyoka the Jungle Girl stories to check, though - maybe we'll get lucky.

[09/28 update] - no Nyoka spankings, but there are probably another hundred stories with other Jungle Girls I've yet to go over. At this point, I'd settle for another spoiled-heiress spanking.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Phase 13 of the Golden Age Search

Post by web-ed »

Pages searched: 7 576 Cumulative pages: 118 054

This was the last few issues of Whiz, plus a huge amount of non-Marvel Family stuff. A big goose egg - nothing! Of course I'm disappointed, especially with Nyoka (I have more to say about this under "Missed Opportunities"), but I'm undeterred. Probably the Western comics are the most boring, but I'm going to go through them all - you never know where a spanking panel may be lurking, although I mostly skip the funny-animal and horror stuff since they're not likely to yield anything useful.

Fawcett Publishing is complete now. Because all the spankings I found were in the Marvel Family books, I'm beginning to wonder if Otto Binder (who was the unofficial head writer) was perhaps a spanko, or if spanking was just a convenient plotting element for him.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Phase 14 of the Golden Age Search

Post by web-ed »

Pages searched: 7 243 Cumulative pages: 125 297

Nothing! This was the last of the Fawcett stuff, plus Columbia (didn't expect much there), and about 5000 pages from Fox. That was disappointing, and I'll post another Topic under "Threats and Missed Opportunities" explaining why.

I'm not done with Fox yet, though, so perhaps something will turn up there yet.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Phase 15 - A Good New Spanking Discovered!

Post by web-ed »

Pages searched: 7 236 Cumulative pages: 132 533

This was all Fox, my search of which is now complete, and this time I did find six spankings:

M/F: 1 (this is the only one that's going to be posted)
F/F: 2 (mean stepmother spanks daughter)
F/M: 1 (odd, sort of funny-animal)
M/M: 2 (one of these was incomprehensible, while the other - well, I've described it below)

The disappointments were (1) no Phantom Lady spanking, and (2) no Jungle Girl spanking. Now as I've pointed out elsewhere, it's not very likely that a female protagonist will be spanked, but in the case of Fox there was so much gratuitous "cheesecake" (a/k/a "Good Girl Art") and some gratuitous bondage (e.g. the notorious Phantom Lady #17) that it really wouldn't have been asking too much for them to go one step further and give us some spanking.

Phantom Lady could have been captured by a villain and subjected to this indignity just because he was a warped, evil guy (who thinks like us spankos!), or one of the Jungle Girls in the male Tarzan-type hero strips could have misbehaved and earned "traditional jungle discipline". Instead, the only jungle-spanking was between two guys, both of whom were clad only in loincloths - to a modern eye it looks incredibly gay!
Phantom Lady as close to being in spanking position as we could find.
Phantom Lady as close to being in spanking position as we could find.
phantom_lady_29_p3.jpg (209.61 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
Now for the good news - I found a hitherto unsuspected M/F Romance Comic spanking! :D How I cheered when my long hours wading through more than 10,000 pages of Fox comics were at last rewarded! It's a pretty good scene with a girl who treats everyone badly - eventually her boy friend gets fed up and lets her have it. The only weak point is that the spanking doesn't really reform her, she just comes to "see the light" sort of on her own. But the spanking panel itself is nice, with her rear end pointing in the direction of the camera. I have never seen this one anywhere before or even heard about it, although it's always possible Riley over at SpankingPanels.com already knew about it.

Watch for it in November, when I'll have another series of 8 Romance Comic spankings.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Phase 16 - Another Good New Spanking Discovered!

Post by web-ed »

Pages searched: 6 714 Cumulative pages: 139 247

This is Comics Media and Comics House/Lev Gleason. The one spanking, which I have never seen before, came from an odd source, a series called Dickie Dean, Boy Inventor which ran in Daredevil. It is, however, a nice scene in which a female spy receives her just desserts! The OTK positioning is fair, and the spankee's name is Rosita Spano, which of course makes every one of us think Spanko!

I've a lot more Gleason stuff to go over - in fact, it will probably occupy most of Phase 17 - so we may hope to find another M/F spanking in there somewhere. Another good thing about Gleason is that they don't feature M/M stuff, which is a relief after all the ones in Fox and Fawcett!

Almost forgot - readers might want to know when they can expect to see this posted in the Comics Gallery. I don't want to hold back on any of these new discoveries, but I also don't want to run more than one of them in any single week. Therefore, it looks like we'll have Judy of the Jungle, Intimate Confessions, and Dickie Dean on successive weeks in November.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Golden Age Search - Lev Gleason and Croydon

Post by web-ed »

I've decided to report my findings to you by publisher rather than by phase from now on because I think it will be more meaningful that way. Accordingly, here are the results of the remainder of my search through Lev Gleason Publications and Croydon Publications.

Publisher Lev Gleason (2nd) Pages 15 155 Spankings 4
Publisher Croydon Pages 879 Cumulative Pages 155 281 Spankings 0

Croydon was a small publisher, and as far as I can tell from what I've sampled their comics were pretty derivative. Unfortunately, when they copied the ideas of other publishers, they didn't copy any spankings!

Gleason was a more substantial house, with some genuine talents and an editorial vision. The only problem is that Charles Biro, who co-edited the line and wrote many of the stories, seemed most comfortable with boys' adventures - boys competing on the playing field (as Biro had in his youth), boys assisting super-heroes (as The Little Wise Guys did in Daredevil), boys fighting crime (Crimebuster). Nothing wrong with that, but such tales have few women, few romances, and few M/F spankings.

That resulted in only 4 more spankings, all M/M :cry: I had really hoped for something better to go along with the 1 good M/F I had found previously in Daredevil. As a matter of fact, 3 of these 4 were in Daredevil also, although not in the lead feature (Daredevil himself in the early years, replaced later on by The Little Wise Guys). Obviously Charles Biro, who wrote all these stories, was no Charles Moulton (who did all the Wonder Woman BDSM). The 4th was a silly whack with the flat of a sword in Adventures in Wonderland.

In an unrelated search I also chanced upon another spanking from Blondie, but it was Blondie paddling Dagwood - unbelievable! I suppose that's life - you go forth into the world searching innocently for M/F spankings, and find strange role-reversals like that one, or Captain Marvel and Capt. Marvel Jr. M/M midget spanking (yes, both of them, to be posted on 10/29), or a jungle dude wearing only a loincloth spanking a similarly-dressed boy (I wouldn't post this one if it were the last comic-book spanking on earth).

Oh, well - there's still that good M/F one, and more publishers to search. Onward!
-- Web-Ed
Ripley

Post by Ripley »

You're doin' a great job Web-Ed! It's really a public service to all the spankos out there who enjoy the fruits of your passionate labor! Thanks
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: New Finds, and a Jungle Girl Spanked At Last!

Post by web-ed »

Ripley wrote:You're doin' a great job Web-Ed! It's really a public service to all the spankos out there who enjoy the fruits of your passionate labor! Thanks
Thank you very kindly, Ripley, and I know you appreciate these finds as much as anyone, as well as being responsible for a few yourself over at SpankingPanels.com, including some I had not been aware of.

Now for some interesting news. By rights, I should hold off on this announcement until my Fiction House search is complete, but I feel like a kid on Christmas morning and I just can't keep this news to myself because I have finally found a real Jungle Girl spanking! In fact, I've found three new M/F spankings, and my search of this publisher is not yet complete so there may be more (I hope I hope!).

Now none of these are truly great, but they're not bad either. The first isn't really a Jungle Girl spanking, because it's just a girl who gets spanked in the jungle (but we'll take it anyway!). However, I think at least one of the 2nd and 3rd spankings qualifies as a genuine Jungle Girl seat warmer! The plot is rather odd (but good for our purposes): Kaanga's mate Ann, who is always in trouble, plays so many pranks that he determines to spank her. But before he can track her down in the jungle, she has changed clothes with another girl, Betty, who's just visiting. [In fact, there's a panel in which both girls are standing absolutely buck naked in a clearing!] Kaanga finds Betty, mistakes her for Ann, and takes her OTK! So we get to see Betty spanked wearing the traditional Jungle Girl bikini outfit!!

Now if you think this doesn't qualify as a Jungle Girl spanking because technically Betty isn't a Jungle Girl, take heart: at the end of the story, after nearly being killed (again), Kaanga finally does catch up to Ann (still wearing Betty's clothes) and spanks her too! You see what I meant about at least one of these two qualifying as a Jungle Girl spanking? Hooray!! :D

P.S. I think when I finally get around to posting these, I'll have to dedicate them to Tanner, who's been wanting to see a Jungle Girl spanking for a long time!

P.P.S. [next day] I just found a reprinted version of this story which had been deliberately altered to completely remove both spankings! (The naked panel had been toned down also, but that is of lesser importance). This is the 2nd time I've seen alterations made to a reprinted version of a spanking story (for the first, look at Candy spanking #4 in our upcoming series). I'm going to have to do some more research and study on this one before I post it.

And some more good news: I found yet another quasi-Jungle Girl spanking! This one takes place in a desert, and the spankee is wearing typical British explorer clothing, but it's a good OTK scene, with paddle!
Last edited by web-ed on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: (1) Added postscript. (2) Added notes on reprinted version.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Eagerly await those strips. Had begun to think there might not be any.
Understand what you mean about a spanking in the jungle that is not a Jungle Girl spanking. Reemember seeing a Jungle Jim comic strip where a girl in regular clothes gets spanked by him. The spanking is not shown, just the argument leading up to it, and the aftermath where the girl is holding on to the seat of her shorts, a very chastened young lady.
For that matter, the Phantom spankings could fit into the same category as all the spankees are wearing Western or "civilized" clothes.
I remember a Phantom strip some years ago (but more recent than the spankings I have seen, maybe 70s or 80s)where there was this spoiled princess who was such a candidate for a spanking, but sadly never received one. Recall that she came on to the Phantom at one point by leaving her bikini where he could find it.
The Phantom spanking a girl in a bikini-what a delight that would have been!

[2018 note: The Jungle Jim strip Tanner refers to has finally been located by Phil S. :ugeek: . You can find it here. - Web-Ed]
Last edited by web-ed on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.