Spanking Superheroines-Why the Appeal?

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Tanner

Spanking Superheroines-Why the Appeal?

Post by Tanner »

That is a question I have wondered about, why does this appeal to some of us,the pleasing thought of Wonder Woman or Xena or any of the rest going otk for the proverbial "good oldfashioned spanking", an adult woman being given a punishment traditionally seen as one for naughty children.
I don't think it just shows hatred of women, as some feminists would so strongly insist. Rather its the appeal of seeing the great and mighty taken down a few pegs, as the saying goes.
Its much the same appeal as the fantasy of spanking celebrities, like we see at the Yahoo groups Celebspunished and Celebritiespunished(although these have a lot of other bdsm stuff besides spankings).
We may actually like some of these heroines-but that doesnt stop us from imagining them with sore red bottoms!
Of course in the case of female comics villains, female outlaws and criminals, its very clearcut- these misbehaving or lawbreaking ladies are getting their just desserts in the form of a punishment that is not only humilating, but painful, one that will leave them having problems sitting down for some time.
Like to see what others here think of this theory.
jimc

Re: Spanking Superheroines-Why the Appeal?

Post by jimc »

hi tanner, i think it has more just to do with their costumes rather than wanting to take the mighty down. lets face it villianesses, outlaws, spoiled society brats, etc may have needed a spanking on the other hand superheroines do not unless like batgirl they displayed a disregard for their safety and needed to be reminded that they were human, but that could be said of every hero from soldiers to policemen so i do not think that is it. I think the artists drew the superheroines very well endowed and in some way it is a way to punish them for displaying themselves so provactively. i cannot say that i think any of them deserve to be spanked, but it more fun to imagine them otk just because they are beautiful women and to most of us the sight of one of those beautiful women otk makes for a better story and of course a visual memory that would always stick with us. So is it to punish yes but not for the reasons that you may be looking for. have a grand day
Jim
jimc

Post by jimc »

i did not really clarify about the costumes (fishnet stockings (Zatana & Black Canary), short skirts or dresses (Xena, Isis, Mary Marvel & the Sailor Scouts) hot pants (Supergirl, Wonder Woman & Captain Marvel), form-fitting body stockings (hellcat,Shadow lass, Phantom Girl, etc), or some other costumes that would somehow enhance their assets as opposed to their regular clothes (military uniforms (wonder woman), very long skirts or dresses (sailor scouts), etc. When they become the superheroine they are dressed for a spanking (think Rose & Thorn) so to speak and even at that some of their everyday clothes (Sheena, Dazzler, Scarlet Witch) that wear their costumes at all times are designed with ease of spanking (at least to us that are spankos) and this can also be said about super-villianeses as well (when Selina Kyle is Selina Kyle( yes, she is a prettty woman, but rather subdued in her clothing choice), but as Catwoman she wears a form-fitting costume that enhances all her attributes or her dress that does show more leg; Harley Quinn as the doctor is very demure and proper as Harelquin she wears form fitting clothes that add to her allure; Poison Ivy as the doctor in her lab coat she did not look like any man would chase her, but as Poison Ivy every man is after her as her outfit is daring and form-fitting and her hair is longer, shinier, etc. there are others, but i think you can see where i am going with this the costumes are more for the accents than a better crime fighting outfit and let not forget when wonder woman was in the clothes that were not that appealing many of the fans said they wanted to her as she always had been. (i remember 1 cartoon show that did say something about Flash commenting on how sexy she looked and as an Amazon she did relize what he was telling her.So i vote for them to be spanked in their costumes as it does seem to be made with spanking in mind at least to those so inclined.
Jim
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I am very much in agreement with you, Jim, about how the costumes superheroines wear arouse spanking interests. As I have said on here before I love seeing pictures or reading stories where a woman wearing a swimsuit or short shorts is getting a spanking.
And girls and women getting spanked for wearing what someone thinks are slutty or too revealing clothes is a common theme in spanking fiction and videos.
A point I was trying to make was that even "good girls" like our superheroines or Archie's girls may have a bit of the brat in them, or as the old saying goes "get too big for their pants" sometimes(or tights).
The reference to a woman getting too big for her pants is related to the old,now non-PC expression about a woman "wearing the pants in the family." Referring to a time when women mostly wore dresses or skirts and wearing slacks was often frowned upon.
What it means is that the woman is domineering, bossing her husband around, henpecking. And then comes sometimes the scenario where the table is turned, the woman who has been "wearing the pants" gets them taken down,and maybe even her panties too, and gets taught a much-needed lesson over her husband's knee. McLintock of course comes to mind.
Where its Wonder Woman's spangled hotpants in the comics, or Daisy Duke's shorts and Charlies Angels bikinis on TV, the clothing(or lack of it) these women wear definitely make seeing them being spanked appealing.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I guess I might as well chime in with my opinion on this subject. I think that, when it comes to wanting to see a superherione get spanked, part of it might be a desire to take a powerful woman "down a peg". :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: And in the case of supervillainesses, there may be a desire to punish some of their less-serious crimes by treating them like naughty schoolgirls. However, in my mind, the biggest reason for wanting to see a superheroine get turned over a man's knee would have to be the titilating costumes they wear! Most of the costumes are designed to draw attention to their curvy backsides, especially Wonder Woman's! Not only is it skimpy and tight, but there are stars across her rump! If that's not waving the proverbial red flag in front of a spanko, I don't know what is!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'm sure that most of the appeal derives from the two characteristics already mentioned here: taking the powerful woman down a peg, and the sexy costumes superheroines wear. It might be worthwhile to delve into into each of these just a little more deeply (but I promise to keep it reasonably short).

The contribution made by sexy costumes is easy to understand. There is a sexual element to the kind of spankings we're talking about here, and which most of us prefer - M/F, and which are not purely disciplinary. It's not that there's something wrong with discipline, but the pure discipline spanking is much less erotic than one in which the male/female dominant/submissive dynamic has come into play. I've mentioned this before, but consider the two spankings from The Spirit: the one in which he spanks Diana the Huntress is a pure discipline, hero-spanks-villainess scene, and it's o.k., but the one in which he spanks Ellen Dolan for relatively minor sins positively sizzles because of their mutual attraction.

Once eroticism comes into play, physical attraction does also, and the more physically attractive the participants are, the more erotic the scene will be, all else being equal. This in turn implies that sexier clothing will mean a sexier spanking scene, and as B00m puts it, "Most of the costumes are designed to draw attention to their curvy backsides, especially Wonder Woman's!". He notes WW's star-spangled panties, truly an invitation to a spanking, and if I remember correctly both Dan and I went on at some length over in the Wonder Woman topic about how the high front cut of those panties also accentuated the length of her legs. Long legs and a shapely rear are a potent combination when it comes to getting a man's spanking juices flowing!

Why we want to see the powerful woman taken down a peg is more complicated.
Tanner wrote:What it means is that the woman is domineering, bossing her husband around, henpecking. And then comes sometimes the scenario where the table is turned, the woman who has been "wearing the pants" gets them taken down,and maybe even her panties too, and gets taught a much-needed lesson over her husband's knee. McLintock of course comes to mind.

The central fact, disputed of course by feminists and others dedicated to tearing down society as it has always existed, is that men are generally sexually dominant and women sexually submissive. In combination with the view of spanking as a dominant act, this leads to the M/F spanking orientation as being the most natural, and it is no accident that M/F is preferred by a majority of both men and women. A woman who acts in a dominant role, that is, from a position of superior power, is therefore somewhat provocative to the sexually dominant man, even if her behavior in that role is completely above reproach. When we throw arrogance or haughtiness into the mix, the provocation becomes unbearable, and we want to see her receive the comeuppance we feel she deserves.

This is the reason why the Phantom/Queen Pera scene, and others similar to it, exert such a powerful appeal, and it's also why so many of us growing up wanted to see superheroines such as Supergirl, Batgirl, Saturn Girl, etc. get the spanking treatment. There is an assumption of superiority in these women that every red-blooded male wants to challenge one way or another. For those of us into spanking, well, it's pretty obvious what that way would be. :)
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

amazingly enough i never wanted to see the super-heroines spanked for any other reason than that they looked great in their costumes. Whether it be legionaires, golden age, costumes even worn by non super charactors like lois lane, Lana Lang, etc it was always fun to trace them in otk positions and even develop stories where they were spanked by a super-villian or somehow they wanted to be spanked because they had caused someone to be hurt by careless use of their powers so i still think that it is never to take them down (they are people that save the world after all) but rather ones because of their celebrity status (lets face it actresses and people who are in the news are more apt to be seen and therefore imagined as spanking partners because they are somehow familar to us.) we may know neighbors, collegues or people you encounter that are more spankable if you will, but you also might think of them in that costume as an outfit you would like to see them for spanking fantasies. have a grand day
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

This has been a good discussion with a diversity of opinion. Of the four of us, Jim and B00m adhere the view that the appeal of superheroine spanking derives solely, or at least primarily, from their sexy costumes; whereas Tanner and I, while freely admitting the allure of their costumes, believe that the desire to dominate these "too big for their britches" girls by administering a comeuppance also plays a role. One thing we would probably all agree on is that a superheroine spanking is the best possible fantasy material!

Speaking of which, Jim went a bit further than the rest of us and actually specified two possible categories of such material:
jimc wrote:...it was always fun to trace them in otk positions and even develop stories where they were spanked by a super-villian or somehow they wanted to be spanked because they had caused someone to be hurt by careless use of their powers...
"Superheroine spanked by Super-Villain" is an idea that has cropped up from time to time before (see, e.g., John Feer's story Supergirl Versus the Kryptonite Kid), and it's certainly fertile ground. But "Superheroine Feels Guilty for Misusing Her Powers and Receives a Spanking for It" - there you've really got something, Jim! There are all kinds of possibilities - most obviously Superman and the young Supergirl, but another hero who would be perfect for the spanker role is Dan's Captain Woodshed, setting a young superheroine straight on how to go about the costumed hero business!

Another good thing about this line of fantasy is that the spanker need not be a super-hero - a strict but normal guy, imperiled by the careless (or stupid) superheroine, insists on putting her across his knee, and knowing she's in the wrong, she meekly submits! (Dumb Bunny presents numerous possibilities in this role). Or remorseful and guilt-ridden, she seeks him out some hours or even days after the incident, places a hairbrush or paddle in his hand, and turns herself over his knee, finding relief from guilt only when her bottom has been thoroughly reddened - I love it! :lol:

And all this from only four of us! How about the rest of you? If you've got an opinion on this most-important of subjects, we want to hear from YOU - don't be shy!
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB -ED CSR!!! How about seeing a superheroine spanked in her alter ego like Barbara Gordon getting a over the knee spanking from her father before going out as Batgirl fighting crime with a burning bottom and not letting Batman or the villain their fighting notice the pain her tush is in :lol: Or Diana Prince being spanked by Steve Trevor or a super villain who do not know that the woman across their knee is Wonder Woman.Seeing a Superheroine taken down a peg an humiliated with a spanking is great but how do you think she would feel to have to accept a spanking and not be able to use her super power in fear of being revel of who she really is. Supergirl would be great trying to preten that the spanking she is getting from her mother or father hurts :lol: That would be great to see in a comic book!!
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Quite agree with you, Butch, about a superheroine submitting to a spanking rather than expose her secret identity.
Diana Prince always impressed me as so prim and proper thats its slightly hard to imagine her doing anything to get spanked for.
Though there was one episode where she was at the beach in a rather highcut one-piece black bathing suit, just a hint of a slice of exposed paler cheek. Would have been so perfect for her to get a spanking in.
Ah, the 70s and early 80s-so many cool TV shows with spankable females-and at a time when the networks had decided that showing women being spanked onscreen was taboo. Daisy Duke, Charlies' Angels, Maude, Laverne and Shirley-all shows that would have been even better if the female leads had all ended up otk at some time. Not to mention it was a time when women were often wearing much less in the way of clothing on some of these shows!
butch46163@yahoo.com

YOU ARE SO RIGHT TANNER!!! I remember a episode of the Dukes of Hazard were the boys was chasing after three Beautiful young thieves and the voice over saying what these little ladies need is a good spanking!!! :lol: The writters should had ended that episode was all three girls march into Uncle Jessie woodshed for a good old fashion switching on tight jean clad bottoms. How nice would it had been to see all three girls rubbing their burning tails while promising to never steal again :lol: Pops should have spanked both Laverne and Shirley plenty of times on that show!!!! Used to dream about seeing Ginger and Maryanne getting spankings on Gilligan's Island boy was these two women spankable :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Gilligan's Island Spanking

Post by web-ed »

We're wandering just a little far afield from the original topic, but anyway... I wasn't going to post this because it's from Endart's old site, now closed, and I certainly wouldn't if it were still open because I don't take artists' material from their own pay sites. As a matter of fact, I got this not from Endart directly but from Underground-Animations.com when I created a mirror image of the site.

They're not superheroines, but maybe you'll like this anyway, Butch. :)
Attachments
It's Ginger's turn to go over the Skipper's knee - Maryann has already had hers.  And the Skipper has traded his belaying pin for a paddle - this is going to hurt!
It's Ginger's turn to go over the Skipper's knee - Maryann has already had hers. And the Skipper has traded his belaying pin for a paddle - this is going to hurt!
GingersTurn.jpg (165.64 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

THANKS WEB-ED !! GREAT Choice that he pick the Skipper to be the spanker!! And was that paddle made from the S.S Minnow? :lol: Glad to see someone else think that Ginger and Maryann deserve a spanking too bad the show`s writters didn`t think that :cry:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

in the present it would be two old age pensioners being spanked by a corpse. :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

i have been reading all the thoughts on this thread but really hadn't planned on posting anything because, for the most part, i don't think a lot about spanking super heroines. most of my fantasies about spanking take place between lovers..........husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend etc. there has been lots of discussion about the reasons to spank them and one of the main themes here was that they looked so great in their costumes. i have a feeling that those same costumes are why i never really fantasized much about spanking any of them. even though they do look great in their tight costumes with their bottoms nicely outlined there always seemed to me to be an issue of access. as Dan and I were discussing, i really like to see a young lady getting a spanking while wearing a dress so it can be raised. i like spanking over panties once the dress is raised but eventually i will want to lower those panties and spank her bare bottom too. moist of those super heroine costumes would have to be taken completely off to get to her bare bottom and i really like the easy access that a dress affords. the one exception i can think of here is Supergirl. Nice short skirt which often shows her tights underneath...............which I can easily fantasize are just regular panties :D. of course, those tights can be easily taken down too. the other problem i have with this is that the spanking would have to be administered by a super hero............i wouldn't be able to do it myself unless i overlook the fact that she could easily tie me in a knot and i wouldn't even be able to turn her over unless she wanted me too.............not to mention that i would break my hand :lol: . anyway, that's my take on all of this. give me a nice, soft, submissive, naughty girl to spank any time :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Spanking Superheroines-Let's Look at Some Costumes

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote: there has been lots of discussion about the reasons to spank them and one of the main themes here was that they looked so great in their costumes. i have a feeling that those same costumes are why i never really fantasized much about spanking any of them. even though they do look great in their tight costumes with their bottoms nicely outlined there always seemed to me to be an issue of access. as Dan and I were discussing, i really like to see a young lady getting a spanking while wearing a dress so it can be raised. i like spanking over panties once the dress is raised but eventually i will want to lower those panties and spank her bare bottom too. most of those super heroine costumes would have to be taken completely off to get to her bare bottom...
I'm glad you decided to chime in here, Phil, because your perspective is interesting and because it gives me the opportunity to add the one thing that has been missing from this discussion - pictures of spankable superheroines! As far as accessibility to the bottom is concerned, you're quite right about many costumes being inconvenient. Batgirl's skin-tight suit would be great for spanking over, but a real pain if you're trying to get those tights off.

There are two basic classes of superheroine costumes that will answer your concerns: panties that can be taken down, and skirts that can be lifted up (so that panties can be taken down!). I have taken the liberty of preparing a photo montage of these types, with four heroines for each. I took some of JimC's examples and then added a few of my own.

First come the skirted superheroines, Isis, Mary Marvel, Thorn, and Supergirl (modern skirt - her 60's-era miniskirt would qualify also). Mary Marvel and Supergirl have been all over the CSR Comics Galleries, but Isis and Thorn may be unfamiliar to many people. It wouldn't be any trouble to get those skirts up, and in fact Mary Marvel has obligingly taken hers down already.
The Skirted Superheroines
The Skirted Superheroines
skirted_superheroines.jpg (117.37 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
Then we have the panty-clad bunch, with Wonder Woman leading the pack followed by Shanna the She-Devil, Saturn Girl (of the Legion of Super-Heroes), and Supergirl (70's hotpants outfit). O.K., hotpants aren't exactly panties, and I don't know the technical term for Shanna's loincloth, but the happy fact remains that one quick pull to each of these garments will result in two bare bottoms :lol: !
The Panty-Clad Superheroines
The Panty-Clad Superheroines
pantied_superheroines.jpg (139.08 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
overbarrel49 wrote:the other problem i have with this is that the spanking would have to be administered by a super hero............i wouldn't be able to do it myself unless i overlook the fact that she could easily tie me in a knot and i wouldn't even be able to turn her over unless she wanted me too.............not to mention that i would break my hand :lol: .
This is an interesting point. I've often thought how silly my boyhood fantasies of spanking Supergirl were because her bottom would have been proof against my sturdiest oak paddle! I never imagined myself as a super-guy, but I may have thought about the paddling taking place under a red sun or something. I guess I'd have to say that's what makes them fantasies - the notion of our ability to spank Supergirl is no more silly than the idea of a girl with super-powers in the first place. So enjoy those super-spanking fantasies!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:First come the skirted superheroines, Isis, Mary Marvel, Thorn, and Supergirl (modern skirt - her 60's-era miniskirt would qualify also). Mary Marvel and Supergirl have been all over the CSR Comics Galleries, but Isis and Thorn may be unfamiliar to many people. It wouldn't be any trouble to get those skirts up, and in fact Mary Marvel has obligingly taken hers down already.
hi web-ed,

well, you're right about Isis and Thorn. i do remember Isis but only vaguely but i don't remember Thorn at all so i had not considered them. I guess i had forgotten about Mary Marvel, after all, it's been a long time since i actually read any comics. damn nice of her to take her skirt off for us although she looks a little bony in this pic to me. i have to tell you that i haven't read a super girl comic since the 60s and i do remember her short skirt but i don't remember her looking like the well endowed girl in the pic you have posted :D . anyway, there seem to be more of them that wore skirts and "panties" than i remembered so i will concede this point. i guess i am just too old to remember all of those skirted super heroines :lol: .
web-ed wrote: Then we have the panty-clad bunch, with Wonder Woman leading the pack followed by Shanna the She-Devil, Saturn Girl (of the Legion of Super-Heroes), and Supergirl (70's hotpants outfit). O.K., hotpants aren't exactly panties, and I don't know the technical term for Shanna's loincloth, but the happy fact remains that one quick pull to each of these garments will result in two bare bottoms :lol: !
again, i barely remember seeing Shanna but i have to admit that would be easy to take off :lol: . i don't know why but i always thought the Wonder Woman outfit was one piece such as the one worn by Saturn Girl. of course, i am familiar with Bat girl and her suit would have been a pain as you noted. in any case, these outfits don't do all that much for me spanking wise. i still like the skirts and panties better :D .
web-ed wrote: This is an interesting point. I've often thought how silly my boyhood fantasies of spanking Supergirl were because her bottom would have been proof against my sturdiest oak paddle! I never imagined myself as a super-guy, but I may have thought about the paddling taking place under a red sun or something. I guess I'd have to say that's what makes them fantasies - the notion of our ability to spank Supergirl is no more silly than the idea of a girl with super-powers in the first place. So enjoy those super-spanking fantasies!
well, you're probably right here too. i hadn't thought about the red sun :lol: i guess we are talking about the realm of fantasy here. thanks for the pics and the trip down memory lane :D . phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

i remember a thread talking about spanking supergirl and there were all these things that were suggested (she knew she was going to get a spanking and she of course knew all these ways:red sun projector in the room, red k that makes parts of the body unsuper for a period of time, a robot that had a spankable bottom, a trip to kandor or some other thing that made her able to get a spanking.) I think there was some mention about her getting spanked as Linda while thinking about getting spanked as supergirl in a thought balloon above her head. [The thread Jim is referring to may be found here - Web-Ed]

Great thread about the costumes and spanking (i had always thought Thorn's outfit was hotpants not the dress that you showed, but i did not follow Thorn but in some stories with Superman so while i did admire her costume i did not pay that much attention to it. getting back to the costumes it did appear that skin-tight was the most obvious choice and while it did indeed empasize the assets it would not be easy to remove for a spanking (although i also wondered how they were able to switch identiities with the costumes so tight.) i think that the skin-tight was very effective for spanking although to most of us bare-bottom is the best and every one can of course have their favorite outfits. another idea that was done by Palcomix was that the most powerful would be able to punish the other superheroines i.e. wonder woman spanking Hawkgirl, Supergirl, Batgirl, Black Canary etc. i also think some weapon like an atomic-powered hairbrush would be effective on most super-heriones. have a grand day
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote: another idea that was done by Palcomix was that the most powerful would be able to punish the other superheroines i.e. wonder woman spanking Hawkgirl, Supergirl, Batgirl, Black Canary etc. i also think some weapon like an atomic-powered hairbrush would be effective on most super-heriones.
I'm not sure that the Palcomix spanking thread is still there. It had been pretty dead for some time and when I tried to look it up not long ago, I found the board had been redesigned and apparently re-organized. The founder of Anime OTK, Ai, did preserve a number of the Palcomix spankings on AOTK here, and Darkzone was good enough to repost some of the ones he himself had commissioned right here on the CSR Forum, under the topic Some Superheroine Spankings.

An atomic-powered hairbrush is not a bad idea - it's really in keeping with the spirit of the early-60's comics in which radiation played a prominent role (e.g. in the origins of Marvel heroes such as the Fantastic Four, The Hulk, Spider-Man, etc.). A commission in which The Persuader had exchanged his atomic axe for an atomic hairbrush, the better to deal with superheroines, could be fun :) !
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

I know spanking superheriones or villianesses with super power would be a promble! but what about those that don`t have super power like Batgirl or Catwoman Phatom lady who I wanted to turn over my knee plenty of time back when and Harly Quinn. Yes these women are great fighters but they don`t have super power so their bottoms don`t need special hairbrushes or paddle to redden them just the palm of the hand from a good spanker and fighter because these ladies will put up a great fight before going over :lol: Supergirl I believe would submit to a spanking from a normal guy if she had done something bad being she would never harm a non bad guy :lol: Another female who could be spanked that have super power is Sue Richard via you can get pass her invisable shield once clear her bottom is just like any other human woman :lol: Love to spank Batgirl or Catwoman on their tight leather clad bottoms!!! :D