Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/06/2015

Post by web-ed »

butch wrote: FINALLY FEBRUARY IS HERE!'' MEANING SPANKING ROMANCE MONTH 8-) What a weird name for a story Papa Spank? when it wasn`t the father who did the spanking :?
Butch - "Papa spank" was a colloquial expression of the day meaning "I'm going to spank you". You might remember that in the stage version of Kiss Me Kate in 1948 there was another spanking reference (not the famous Fred/Lilli spanking) in the song "Bianca": there's a line "Bianca, Bianca - you better answer 'yes' or Papa spank-a"! Alas, this song did not make it into the movie version.
hugob00m wrote:I was happy that both spankings featured this week in the update were M/F! A mother's boyfriend... someone who will probably become her step-father... isn't exactly my favorite situation. On the one hand, the spanking was done in a very business-like fashion... cutting down on the possible creepiness factor... but... it also made it totally unromantic. The young manager, working for the girl's father and spanking the girl DOES have some nice romantic potential! It's been done a lot... but that's because it works! Hmmm! I wonder if I could rip off... pardonez moi... HOMAGE that idea for one of my stories?
I agree that a stepfather/stepdaughter spanking, which is basically what we have in Campus Romances #2, does not have much romantic (or erotic) content, as will always be true of a more disciplinary spanking. My classic examples of the difference are Spirit spanks Ellen Dolan and Spirit spanks Diana the Huntress - though the latter is not without humor, there's no love between the Spirit and the Huntress. It may seem strange to have a disciplinary spanking in a romance comic: here there are two pairs of lovers and the male half of one spanks the female half of the other! It's a feeling similar to what we would have had in South Pacific if Lt. Cable had spanked Nellie Forbush (if Emile, as Nellie's lover, had done so that would have been perhaps more natural, although still a little out of place, I hate to admit).

It's not the only time we've seen something like this, though - remember that just last year, I unveiled this spanking Imagefrom My Secret Life #26, in which the guy spanks his girlfriend's sister! Odd, although I really liked it. :lol:

The two brand-new romance comic spankings we'll be seeing on 2/20 and 2/27 are both boyfriend/girlfriend, I'm happy to report :D !

You can certainly borrow the plot of "Papa Spanks" if you want - it's not under copyright any more, and besides it's so generic any copyright would be pretty meaningless anyway. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be an improvement upon the original :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/13/2015

Post by web-ed »

Romantic Spanking Month rolls on with our Valentine's Day edition - but first, here is the January search report:

Pages searched: 4582
Total: 493082
Comic Spankings: 4

None of the four will be posted, but they will go into the Data Base later today. The sorry details:

1. Wonderland Comics #3 (Feb. 1945, Feature Publications) Alex in Wonderland strip, F/M, hand, OTK, mother/son. Art by Howard Post.
2. Wonderland Comics #5 (June 1945, Feature Publications) Max the Magician strip, M/M OTK, Hand, Robot/Victim. Art by Howard Post.
3. Myra North (strip) (2/8/1939, NEA Service), F/F, OTK, Slipper, Myra/Dolly. Dolly doesn’t want to go to bed, so her nurse, Myra, takes the slipper to her! And actually, the whole thing is part of an act, but the spanking is real!
4. PEP #148 (August 1961, Archie) – M/M, Archie/Leroy, Hand, OTK. Leroy plays a couple of practical jokes on Archie, who responds by spanking him.

The Archie spanking is the big disappointment here - I knew there was some kind of spanking in PEP #148 but with no digital copy available I had to get an actual copy of the book. Veronica is in the story, but Archie didn't spank her - too bad. I think this is the 2nd Archie/Brat spanking, and there have been a couple of Archie himself getting spanked we could certainly do without. One of the disappointing things here is that I believe it's very likely there are still some undiscovered spankings in Archie/MLJ comics, but they are not in the public domain - they're hard to find and expensive.

I did confirm the details of one magazine spanking, and it's a pretty good one. We won't be seeing it before fall at the earliest because of other things we need to fit in first.

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • We get to the heart, so to speak, of Romantic Spanking Month with this Valentine's Day edition of CSR in which we feature a brand new comic by Tim, "Fantasies are Made of This," plus I finally discovered the details behind the mysterious "Secretary Swats" panel I posted several years ago!
  • Next Week: We find a new scan and some further information about a romance comic spanking that we only had sketchy details about before, and then we reveal a brand-new, never-suspected romance spanking in which a girl loses her temper, slaps her boyfriend's face, then gets some slaps herself in a different place as he demonstrates who's going to be boss in their future marriage! Join us next time for all the politically-incorrect fun! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i really like Tim's latest effort :D . nice OTK position in the spanking scene and i like the way Tim has drawn her hair flying around and hanging down too. that along with her hand reaching back trying to protect her bottom does indeed speak of a good spanking 8-) . nice poem too. i don't think i knew that poetry was a talent that Tim had. it certainly is appropriate in this case :lol: ...............fantasies certainly are made of this :D . i like the way Tim has told the entire story in just 3 scenes too. this may not be a typical comic book plot, as you mentioned, but it certainly struck a chord with me and brought back some memories. when i was in high school, my girlfriend had a strict curfew and i always made sure we were home by that time. there was one time that we were going to a special dance or something and she told me her dad had extended her curfew by 2 hours for this one occasion only. i thought at the time that it didn't sound like something her dad would do but took her word for it. i got her home a few minutes before the deadline and i thought it was funny because she didn't want me to walk her to the door as i always did but we kissed good night and i left. turns out she had lied to me about the extended curfew and her dad was waiting for her in his chair, by the door, with a hairbrush! as soon as she went inside, he turned her over and blistered her bottom for staying out too late........which of course, woke everyone in the house so they knew she was getting a spanking. when i called her the next day, i was told she was grounded and i wasn't allowed to talk to her. sadly, i did not get to witness the spanking but that was no doubt why she didn't want me to walk her to the door since i might have heard the spanking starting and stayed to listen..........or tried to peek through the gap where the drapes closed. she knew perfectly well when she lied to me that her dad was going to be waiting to paddle her and i always figured that she did it anyway just because she figured it would be worth taking a spanking for to get to stay out those extra 2 hours. Tim's drawing clearly shows a different reason a young lady might be willing to take a spanking after being out with her boyfriend...........she was already aroused by the making out and was fantasizing about her boy friend spanking her. since he did not yet know to do that, a spanking from her dad was the next best thing to push her passions to the next level. of course, in Tim's drawing, the window is left open so the boy friend could see, find out how arousing his girl friend getting a spanking could be and she is obviously hoping he will take the hint and spank her himself. as i said, i did not get to witness the spanking of my girl friend but later, when i had a chance to talk to her, i did find out that her dad had blistered her bottom for staying out too late. perhaps, her reason for doing this was not that she felt it was worth taking a spanking for as i had surmised. perhaps it was because, as Tim suggests here, that her fantasy of getting a spanking was so strong, that she found even getting spanked by her dad to be satisfying........especially right we had been making out and i had been feeling her up? although i didn't see the spanking, she did tell me about it when i questioned her. i always figured that she did so since there was little point in denying she had been punished since i knew she was grounded too but perhaps she told me hoping i would spank her too. btw, the first time i got her alone, i did give her a good spanking for lying to me ;) . Thanks to Tim for bringing those memories back to me :D .

now for the secretary spanking...............WOW! you presented a veritable wealth of information here! it must have taken you quite a while to do all this :o . i'm glad you did though, even though i had to read it all twice just to get lined out :lol: . it's a strange story but an interesting one. i have to wonder if Della had the detectives paddle her just for being dumb or if she thought she had driven Whitney into the arms of her rival?? as always, your analysis of the history of all this was fascinating. no wonder it's so difficult to figure out who drew these and who wrote the stories. as usual, i see that you had much of the information correct even before you found this latest latest copy of the Venus comic book ;) . i appreciate you taking the time to present all this history for us............it was all very interesting :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Many, many thanks to you, Web-ed, for all the work you did in researching that "Unknown Secretary Spanking." Your thoroughness is remarkable. How I wish you were making money from all your research.

So the "mystery spanking panel" is disclosed, at last! You have every reason to be proud. And we, your followers, are in awe of your superpowers; I found a poor scan of this panel way back in the 20th century (feels weird talking about the 1990s as "way back when," but it fits), but like you until now, I was never able to find the comic strip it came from. Of course I don't have all your resources, but I did have a few. And nothing ever came of my research, other than the few panels I have been able to throw your way these past four years or so.

I'm sure you know that my own preference would have had Della put across Willie Weed's lap rather than bent over a chair; and the fact that he is using a book to spank her, rather than his strong right hand, is unnerving too... especially since the sight of that book looks like my iPad, which would have been destroyed after a hard spanking like this :D .

I'm a bit surprised that you say this panel was printed in 1948. I felt sure it was from the 1950s, because that was the decade when Christian Dior's "New Look" took over women's styles and introduced long, wide skirts such as Della is wearing. But 1948 is at least close.

Again and again, Nick, super congratulations!

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

THANKS WEB-ED !! Only A true lover of spanking would do the research you do in finding the mystery behind Unknown Secretary Spanking :lol: I too believe Della should have been put over a knee with both guys taking turns spanking her :lol: hey they both earn the 100 dollars :lol: can`t believe females superheroines wasn`t like in the olden days :x they was the reason I brought comic book!! the skimpy the outfit the better and eventhough many of them wasn`t spanked I use to draw them myself getting the just desert :D don`t no how many time I drew Batgirl or Catwoman getting spanked along with Sue Storm and Mary Jane Parker can`t see why Peter or Reed didn`t spank these two women :lol: any love the panel leading up to Della spanking Only I wish the Detectives was punishing Della on Venus request :twisted: GREAT RESEARCH GREAT COMIC SPANKING 8-) Glad to see TIM doing a Romance comic Spanking THUMBS UP!! Even if it is a parody :lol: This really reminds me of a spanking comic drawing I once saw in Nu-West where the girl got a spanking from her father for coming home late and her boyfriend hears it as he walks away 8-) In that the father to hike up his daughter skirt before spanking :D only in Tim comic the girl like getting spanked as her boyfriend watch :twisted: Tim is a very Good spanking artist My favorite one is about a man spanking two women at the same time across his knees :D now that's a Fantasy 8-) Hot HOT HOT Romantic spanking drawing from Tim!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:We get to the heart, so to speak, of Romantic Spanking Month with this Valentine's Day edition of CSR in which we feature a brand new comic by Tim, "Fantasies are Made of This," plus I finally discovered the details behind the mysterious "Secretary Swats" panel I posted several years ago!
I normally don't like fatherly spankings, but this one is sort of cute! I wonder how many girls would actually leave the curtain open so that their boyfriends could watch? None of them ever did it for me! (Sob!) But... if I had my preference, I'd rather see the boyfriend spank the girl... or better yet BE the boyfriend who spanks the girl! But anyway, I enjoyed Tim's drawing, done in pencil to mimic the ink-wash style of the Humorama artists.

And the origin of that mysterious panel! Now THAT was a great bit of detective work! (Better than those bumblers, Stout and Weed could've done!) The premise of Venus is odd to say the least. So... the blonde is the human embodiment of the goddess, Venus, but she's also from the planet, Venus? And she just transports back and forth between the the two planets whenever she feels like it? Well... anyway ... it was nice of her rival, Della, to order her detectives to give her a spanking... and it was nice of you to find us the whole story that leads up it, and a much better scan of the picture too! Maybe Della's position and that awkward board... the one we all mistook for a book all these years... are further evidence of the incompetence of her detectives.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/13/2015

Post by web-ed »

I'm pleased by the overwhelmingly positive response to the spanking in Venus #2 :) . While it wasn't exactly romantic in character, since Venus is the goddess of love it seemed appropriate to present it as part of Romantic Spanking Month.

On Tim's "Fantasies are Made of This":
Butch wrote:Even if it is a parody :lol: This really reminds me of a spanking comic drawing I once saw in Nu-West where the girl got a spanking from her father for coming home late and her boyfriend hears it as he walks away 8-)
I've got that one in my files, Butch, although I wasn't even thinking about it when I saw Tim's work and I doubt Tim ever saw it either. I hope to present it eventually when I do that special revealing the identity of "The ACES Artist" as I dubbed him - a special I've been promising for years now :oops: . When? Well, not before fall at the earliest as the CSR calendar is full until then.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/20/2015

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.

I discovered two unsuspected spankings in romance comic books over the past year, and we'll see them this week and next. For this week, I've got the complete story from Dream Book of Romance #5 plus some new information about the Canadian comic, Our Secret #4.
  • Comics Update: We still don't have the complete picture, but we do have some more information on and scans from My Secret Romance Comic Spanking.
  • New Romance Comic Spanking: The ol' Web-Ed does it again, finding a spanking no one even suspected existed in Dream Book of Romances #5. Our heroine doubts her boyfriend is sincere until he proves his love by taking her over his knee!
Next Week: Romantic Spanking Month concludes with the last of our newly-discovered romance comics spankings. We also revisit what I have called "The most infamous comic-book spanking of all time" in Frontier Romances #1 with some nice new scans! You'll want to be here since the new spanking was drawn by one of comics' most important artists :) :!:
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! SUPER GREAT FIND in DREAM BOOK OF ROMANCE 8-) Funny how the Female character in this story is name Julie Andrews :lol: those hills of her`s was really alive with the sounds of spanking :lol: the story line is great with two nice shot of her bottom falling on the bus and on the ski slope :D this add to the buildup of the spanking to come 8-) the spanking itself was nice with the bratty Julie across Johnny lap only I wish the artist Frank Bolle done a better job like showing her face and some kicking Johnny seem to be liking it and plans to do it again when they are married :lol: GOOD SPANKING IN COMIC!! Now the spanking in My Secret Romance is GREAT !! with the spoil Mary getting it good From Randy 8-) the cover along shows this woman is in need of a trip acrossthe knee :lol: lassoing a guy around the neck :twisted: Think goodness Randy know how to Tame this Wildcat :lol: the spanking he give her is HOT!! love the expressing on her face meaning the spanking hurts!!this spanking must have got to Mary so more as she lays on the hard ground afterwaed :D This is a very EXCITING SPANKING IN A ROMANCE COMIC 8-) especially to a woman that really deserve it! 8-) GREAT SPANKING!! On a cold night like this one can only think of SUPER SUMMER SPANKING DRAWINGS!! 8-) THANKS
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Wow, Web-ed... You've really spiked my curiosity. In a recent post, you said:

We also revisit what I have called "The most infamous comic-book spanking of all time" in Frontier Romances #1 with some nice new scans!

Okay, now that is stupendous news. But because of your hard work and the work of fellow spankos who run other spank sites, we have all had the opportunity to see -- and to download -- many spank pics we never knew existed. I tell you, the treasures that have been made available to us through all your labors are amazing! We love that stuff, but now you have promised an improved scan of what you call "the most infamous comic-book spanking of all time." Can't think what that one would be, though I assume it could be a nice scan of the Phantom spanking her imperial highness Queen Pera. :D

But no... you say it has something to do with Frontier Romances, so it can't be a queen-spanking in the jungle. Gotta go west.

The mind reels. "Infamous???" What could it be?

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

you have presented a lot of new information as well as verifying some of your original conclusions concerning the "My Secret Spanking" story :D . i'm always interested when you get facts concerning something that you have speculated about before and it seems to me that you are right much of the time ;) . your experience seems to stand you in good stead in these matters :D . again, i found it interesting that the story had been re printed in another publication or publications............fox, superior............star. i'm glad you are able to dig out this information for us because i find it all fascinating and i certainly don't have the knowledge or experience to do it myself :lol: . anyway, this is a pretty good story and we always love to see a spoiled rich girl getting taken down a peg :D . you commented on the post spanking panel where she is lying quietly thinking how much she hates him.........somehow her thoughts seem all wrong to me. i would have shown her rethinking her own thoughts. it makes me wonder if the writer known much about adult spanking. i noticed that on page 2 of the "Dream book of Romance #5" during the scene where they are dancing, Johnny and Julie are drawn in color while the rest of the scene is black and white..........or at least not fully colored. was this a standard practice? i wondered if they did that just to make sure the main action was emphasized........or perhaps just to save money?? i liked your analysis of the motivations for the reader to identify with the heroine. it certainly makes sense to me and i would agree that both the characters and the story were designed to do just that. the idea of having the man spank the girl with which the readers are identifying.........especially for such good reasons makes perfect sense. guaranteed to melt the hearts of young, female readers :D . thanks for all the information and speculation concerning Frank Bolle. it was all fascinating, including his job drawing Apartment 3-G. if i were a betting man, i'd be putting my money on your speculation about him being a spanko and writing some of these stories himself ;) . really in depth updates this week :D . thanks for your time to dig up and present all this for us. phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

I love the new scans . it is always great to see enhanced works of something you have seen before. Thank you web-ed for tracking down the originals and then getting them posted. I thank all the people that post and make this site better with every visit. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/20/2015

Post by web-ed »

butch wrote:On a cold night like this one can only think of SUPER SUMMER SPANKING DRAWINGS!! 8-)
A comforting thought on a cold winter's evening indeed, Butch! And we will have another Super-Spanking Summer this year, perhaps along with some more Humorama models in bikinis just to maintain the proper atmosphere!
daneldorado wrote:Wow, Web-ed... You've really spiked my curiosity. In a recent post, you said:

We also revisit what I have called "The most infamous comic-book spanking of all time" in Frontier Romances #1 with some nice new scans!

Okay, now that is stupendous news. But because of your hard work and the work of fellow spankos who run other spank sites, we have all had the opportunity to see -- and to download -- many spank pics we never knew existed. I tell you, the treasures that have been made available to us through all your labors are amazing! We love that stuff, but now you have promised an improved scan of what you call "the most infamous comic-book spanking of all time." Can't think what that one would be, though I assume it could be a nice scan of the Phantom spanking her imperial highness Queen Pera. :D

But no... you say it has something to do with Frontier Romances, so it can't be a queen-spanking in the jungle. Gotta go west.

The mind reels. "Infamous???" What could it be?
Although the Phantom/Queen Pera spanking may have been the finest ever to appear in a comic strip (a tough call), it was never particularly "infamous" (which is interesting in itself). No, I called the spanking in Frontier Romances #1 "the most infamous" because it was used in Seduction of the Innocent, Fredric Wertham's attempt to blame juvenile delinquency on comic books. Wertham specifically referred to depictions of spanking as "sexual flagellation upon the buttocks" (I've never forgotten that phrase since I first read it 35 years ago!) and implied they would turn kids into spankos. Here is the spanking panel again:
overbarrel49 wrote:you have presented a lot of new information as well as verifying some of your original conclusions concerning the "My Secret Spanking" story :D . i'm always interested when you get facts concerning something that you have speculated about before and it seems to me that you are right much of the time ;) . your experience seems to stand you in good stead in these matters :D .
Thanks much, Phil. I must admit I am indeed right much of the time :lol: the result of many years of studying comics and comic spankings that I might easily have wasted saving the world or something.
jimc wrote:I love the new scans . it is always great to see enhanced works of something you have seen before. Thank you web-ed for tracking down the originals and then getting them posted.
You're welcome, Jim! You'll be glad to know I have several other such updates, and we'll get to them eventually... :roll:
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I didn't get a chance to log on until now... (I was trying to hurry up and finish an O.T. Katie story I was working on in time to post it BEFORE the end of "Romantic Spanking Month")

I'm really happy that your most recent two finds feature M/F OTK spankings! Te stories are corny to be sure... but sometimes corny is fun! In My Secret Romance we get the full story and a much better scan of a comic book spanking that's been posted before... and then... an all-new comic book spanking! (Well, at least new to the internet audience) Heh heh! It may have been a "holiday heart-throb" as the title suggests... but just maybe something else was throbbing by the time he finished spanking her! :D :D :D :D And.... the he takes her in his arms and she knows that it was all for LOVE! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Great updates!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/27/2015

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Great updates!
Thanks b00m! I'll be looking for that new O. T. Katie strip as soon as I've finished the weekly board maintenance here. I appreciate you scrambling to try to finish it in time for Romantic Spanking Month.

Romantic Spanking Month concludes with the last of our newly-discovered romance comics spankings. We also revisit what I have called "The most infamous comic-book spanking of all time" in Frontier Romances #1 with some nice new scans!
  • Comics Update: We revisit "the most infamous comic-book spanking of all time," Frontier Romances #1, which was condemned in Seduction of the Innocent as a graphic depiction of "sexual flagellation upon the buttocks"! A less-hysterical description would be, "Young man spanks the young woman he loves while she's wearing a swimsuit." We have replaced the spanking panel with a better scan, and presented the complete 7-page story.
  • New Romance Comic Spanking: The ol' Web-Ed does it again, finding another spanking no one even suspected existed in the title that spawned the romance comic genre, Young Romance. Our heroine is a complete hellion beneath her sweet exterior until her boyfriend tames her with a good spanking!
Next Week: I announced my plans here on the forum some time ago, but as I've just barely kept up the pace this month, I might have to do a quick fill-in issue with some updates to existing pages instead. Either way, we'll have something worth seeing and I hope to get a little caught up. :)
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks again, Web-ed, for posting those improved scans. The principal kindness you perform for us is to find these hidden treasures wherever they lurk. That's number one. But oh, it is so much more wonderful when you locate and post an IMPROVED image of the same picture. That tells me a lot. It says that you are a refined researcher, bent on providing the very best quality there is.

Along these lines, I again want to thank you for the great research you did in providing the like-new scan of that "mystery" panel early this month, of the "Della" bent-over spanking where she tells the guy, "Harder! I deserve it!" Yessiree, Nick. That one is like finding the Holy Grail... though, of course, I don't mean to blaspheme.

And now, this week you have contributed another good pic to the spanking commonweal, from something called "Young Romance No. 39." Although most of the stuff that you and others post here is artwork we've seen before, this "Young Romance" pic is one I have never ever seen before... and I've seen a LOT! And if I may say so, this picture looks to me as if the artist had his whole heart into the drawing of it. :lol: He has given this normally attractive girl -- "Kitty?" -- a ghastly fright mask in the panel where she is being spanked.

Carry on, my friend. I will continue to keep my eyes open to any new spank pics that you haven't discovered yet.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

ok, first the Frontier Romances #1. thanks for presenting the entire story of this spanking. it's really great to know the entire story behind any spanking drawing but i know it must have taken you a long time to get all this lined out for us :D . i took this opportunity to start from the beginning and look at everything you've written since your first post in June of 2010. as always, i found all the history on this to be really fascinating. as i think i mentioned last week, i always love it when your speculation is proved to be right ;) . anyway, it was an interesting journey from the first post with the poor scan, through all the updates as more evidence presented itself, to the final scans of the entire story. as a spanko, i really thought there should have been a second spanking at the end. i guess we're never satisfied :lol: . this one has to be a really great victory for you personally since you've been wondering about this one for 40 years or so 8-) . thanks for all the hard work to present this to us :D . now for Young Romance #39..........another great find for you :D . i like this story and also the way Kirby captured the "action" in this one. that's just the kind of spanking scene i like..........regardless of any complaints about the way the spankee is drawn as you discussed :D . of course, i again would have liked to see another spanking scene........this time more publicly in the bowling alley :lol: . again, i liked all the information you presented with this one and especially your observations about how many references to spanking there are in this one. my favorite of the bunch was when Kitty admits that she probably deserves another spanking 8-) . hmmmmm, kind of makes me wonder just what emotions were awakened in her by the spanking ;) . great end to romantic spanking month :D :D . thanks for all your hard work to present this to us. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Excellent job this week 8-) I think Laurie in Frontier Romance should have got another spanking from Rick for nearly getting them blown up :lol: Glad to see the whole panel leading up toward the spanking!It would have been better if Rick was sitting on that rock with Laurie sprawl across his lap kicking and screaming! :D anyway this is a great spanking 8-) like how Laurie`s bathing suit bottom is up high as Rick spanks her soundly :lol: GREAT SPANKING!!! Happy times back then when The Judge OK SPANKING 8-) unlike Laurie in Frontier Romance Frank should have use a hairbrush on Kitty more than once :lol: Kitty have that Joan Crawford TUDE :lol: the otk in this drawing is good with Frank holding down this wildcat as he slam her bottom real hard 8-) her facial expressing says it all OUCH!! :lol: Wonder how something like that would playout in this day and time :twisted: maybe it would be worth a stint in jail dealing with women of today like that! SUPER GREAT SPANKING IN COMIC! GOOD FIND WEB-ED THANKS! 8-)
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/27/2015

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! This has to be one of your all-time best updates!
web-ed wrote:Comics Update: We revisit "the most infamous comic-book spanking of all time," Frontier Romances #1, which was condemned in Seduction of the Innocent as a graphic depiction of "sexual flagellation upon the buttocks"! A less-hysterical description would be, "Young man spanks the young woman he loves while she's wearing a swimsuit." We have replaced the spanking panel with a better scan, and presented the complete 7-page story.
This is a comic book spanking I've known about the existence of for a long time. I read Seduction of the Innocent sometime in the '80s. Now, thanks to you, we have the whole story, so that we can see the spanking in its context, and a much better scan than I've ever seen of the spanking panel itself! Now we can see that the hero had just saved the girl from drowning. First he was in a panic, and then, when he had her safely on shore, his fear for her life subsided and was replaced with anger that she had taken such a stupid chance! (A good reason for a spanking, as well as a fairly traditional one!) AND... since they've just emerged from the lake... we can see that she's being spanked on the seat of a WET swimsuit! :D :D :D :D
web-ed wrote:New Romance Comic Spanking: The ol' Web-Ed does it again, finding another spanking no one even suspected existed in the title that spawned the romance comic genre, Young Romance. Our heroine is a complete hellion beneath her sweet exterior until her boyfriend tames her with a good spanking!
And then, we get a previously unknown comic book spanking panel... along with enough of the story to see why the spanking was needed... AND that the girl's father and kid brother agreed wholeheartedly with the young suitor's decision to spank the young lady! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A great conclusion to a great Eomantic Spanking Month!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/27/2015

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:.
Thanks again, Web-ed, for posting those improved scans. The principal kindness you perform for us is to find these hidden treasures wherever they lurk. That's number one. But oh, it is so much more wonderful when you locate and post an IMPROVED image of the same picture. That tells me a lot. It says that you are a refined researcher, bent on providing the very best quality there is.

Along these lines, I again want to thank you for the great research you did in providing the like-new scan of that "mystery" panel early this month, of the "Della" bent-over spanking where she tells the guy, "Harder! I deserve it!" Yessiree, Nick. That one is like finding the Holy Grail... though, of course, I don't mean to blaspheme.

And now, this week you have contributed another good pic to the spanking commonweal, from something called "Young Romance No. 39." Although most of the stuff that you and others post here is artwork we've seen before, this "Young Romance" pic is one I have never ever seen before... and I've seen a LOT! And if I may say so, this picture looks to me as if the artist had his whole heart into the drawing of it. :lol: He has given this normally attractive girl -- "Kitty?" -- a ghastly fright mask in the panel where she is being spanked.

Carry on, my friend. I will continue to keep my eyes open to any new spank pics that you haven't discovered yet.
I will indeed carry on, Dan - and thank you for your interest and continued support! :D The Young Romance #39 was an original discovery of mine last year, so I knew no one in the spanking world had ever seen it - only a few Golden Age collectors.
I'm still searching through more romance comics as they become available, so we may hope for a few more undiscovered treasures if we're lucky.
overbarrel49 wrote:ok, first the Frontier Romances #1. thanks for presenting the entire story of this spanking. it's really great to know the entire story behind any spanking drawing but i know it must have taken you a long time to get all this lined out for us :D . i took this opportunity to start from the beginning and look at everything you've written since your first post in June of 2010. as always, i found all the history on this to be really fascinating. as i think i mentioned last week, i always love it when your speculation is proved to be right ;) ... now for Young Romance #39..........another great find for you :D . i like this story and also the way Kirby captured the "action" in this one. that's just the kind of spanking scene i like..........regardless of any complaints about the way the spankee is drawn as you discussed :D . of course, i again would have liked to see another spanking scene........this time more publicly in the bowling alley :lol: . again, i liked all the information you presented with this one and especially your observations about how many references to spanking there are in this one. my favorite of the bunch was when Kitty admits that she probably deserves another spanking 8-) . hmmmmm, kind of makes me wonder just what emotions were awakened in her by the spanking ;) . great end to romantic spanking month :D :D . thanks for all your hard work to present this to us. phil
You're most welcome, Phil, and I'm glad you enjoyed the updates. :D
butch wrote:Frank should have use a hairbrush on Kitty more than once :lol: Kitty have that Joan Crawford TUDE :lol: the otk in this drawing is good with Frank holding down this wildcat as he slam her bottom real hard 8-) her facial expressing says it all OUCH!! :lol: Wonder how something like that would playout in this day and time :twisted: maybe it would be worth a stint in jail dealing with women of today like that! SUPER GREAT SPANKING IN COMIC! GOOD FIND WEB-ED THANKS! 8-)
You do have to be careful about spanking women today, Butch - I certainly wouldn't try it at the office unless it was clear the spankee was absolutely o.k. with it, which by the way is how I think most office spankings have occurred (that is, consensually). That is how it was when I spanked a female clerk at the office many years ago :lol: ! But with rebellious girl friends, I say go for it! Notice that Kitty, bad as she was, later admitted she deserved the spanking 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:Wow! This has to be one of your all-time best updates!
I'm glad you felt that way about it, b00m! I was certainly happy with it, too. :)
-- Web-Ed