Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by hugob00m »

I agree with you that women outlaws of the West should always be spanked. It's a shame the Belle Star spanking wasn't better drawn... But I ran across this one a while back...
TGK 2.jpg
TGK 2.jpg (99.82 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
The artist who drew this spanking panel did much better with the positioning, the shape of the spankee's bottom, and just about everything else!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

b00m wrote:

I agree with you that women outlaws of the West should always be spanked. It's a shame the Belle Star spanking wasn't better drawn... But I ran across this one a while back...

TGK 2.jpg (99.82 KiB) Viewed 3 times
The artist who drew this spanking panel did much better with the positioning, the shape of the spankee's bottom, and just about everything else!

Okay, now THIS is getting serious. Once again, as with the overbarrel toons, these pics are NOT showing up on my computer! Or rather, they show up as "broken links." Web-ed, YOU are the administrator. Can you figure out just WHAT is going wrong?

Hope you get these links working properly.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Broken Picture Links

Post by web-ed »

Dan,

I'm trying to remember if this happened before. As is his usual practice, b00m attached this file to his post, which means it is stored within CSR rather than at some external location such as ImageTitan, flickr, etc. The actual file location is download/file.php?id=790. If you copy and paste this URL into your browser's location bar and hit enter, you should get taken right to it.

That does not explain the difficulty you're having, however. One possibility is that something might have gone wrong when b00m first made his post, and then he went back and fixed it later. Another is that CSR and quite possibly other sites on the same web host were attacked by some hacker who hijacked the links, then the host overlaid all the files with backup copies. If so, they didn't make any announcement (I checked). If you're still having problems seeing the picture in b00m's post, please send me a screen print showing how your screen looks if you can, otherwise describe it as carefully as possible.

Now a few more words on this spanking, which took place in The Two-Gun Kid #5 (December 1948). This was actually one of the first items I put in Comics Gallery 2 when I opened it last year. (Follow the link to get to the page and find more information). DM Sherwood had posted it on Chross' Forum, and I had found an entire page on a site which disappeared shortly afterward. It was hard for me to track down where it came from, but there is no doubt now that it was Two-Gun Kid #5.

Interestingly, this is still the only known spanking in what I consider a "pure western" comic book. Women Outlaws #2 seems to me to be primarily a crime comic set in the old west, and while there have been several spankings in the Western/Romance hybrid genre, I once again consider them to be Romance Comics with Western settings.
hugob00m wrote:The artist who drew this spanking panel did much better with the positioning, the shape of the spankee's bottom, and just about everything else!
Indeed he did, and his name is Syd Shores. So who was he? Well, if you grew up in the 60's reading Marvel comics, you might remember the "Bullpen Bulletins" feature written by the editor, Stan (The Man) Lee (one of my early heroes). The idea of the "bullpen" was that it was a room full of artists working hard to bring the reader each month's books. In fact, by the time Fantastic Four #1 hit the stands, all the work at Marvel was being done on a freelance basis and the only "bullpen" was Stan Lee and Flo Steinberg in a small office. But years earlier, until about 1952, there really was a bullpen, and the man who led it was Syd Shores. Gene Colan recalled, "Syd had the experience and the seniority, and he was good. He was the overseer of all the other artists and he gave quick lessons on how to make the work better if they ran into trouble. I learned a lot from Syd."

This is the only spanking panel Shores ever drew as far as I know, but then, he started working at Marvel (a/k/a Timely and Atlas) back in 1940, so it's always possible that there's another undiscovered gem out there somewhere...
Last edited by web-ed on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add possibility of site attack
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed... You wrote:

Dan,

I'm trying to remember if this happened before. As is his usual practice, b00m attached this file to his post, which means it is stored within CSR rather than at some external location such as ImageTitan, flickr, etc. The actual file location is download/file.php?id=790. If you copy and paste this URL into your browser's location bar and hit enter, you should get taken right to it.

Thanks a lot, many thanks, for looking into this. You may have already seen the message from willjohn, posted October 8 on overbarrel's "One Good Turn" site. In it, he sez:

The cartoons are visible now. It may have been a problem with the server.

And sure enough, the pics are now "visible." Of course I had already gotten the "One Good Turn" panels from overbarrel's Yahoogroups site, but it's good to know that whatever the problem is/was, it has been corrected, hopefully for all time.

Thanks, too, for trying to make me computer-literate, with all that talk about external locations, browsers, hackers, screen prints, and that curiously unintelligible item, "php." Wha...?

As I say, thanks a lot. But it's too late in the game for me to learn about all that stuff. I'm not a moron, I'm just old... and you know what they say about teaching an old dog new tricks.

On the other hand, my son Michael is a bleepin' wizard with this computer stuff. He works on movies, TV shows, PSAs, whatever. He even has his own page on the IMDb, and quite a few credits to his name. In case you would be interested to see this young genius, his page is at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1511343/

I once said to Mike that I, too, could be a computer genius... IF he had the desk next to mine for all of his life. See, I could learn stuff from him. Alas, Mike lives a good 40 minutes away. That, plus he never answers his phone. He has so many projects going, he just monitors his phone calls, and so even his lovin' Pa doesn't get answers quickly. But I love him and his young family.

If you've read this far, Web-ed, thank you for letting me launch a small mention of my progeny.

Cheers,
Dan
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

This is a much better spanking than the Belle Starr one. There is something just so delight in seeing a woman wearing a tight pair of pants getting a good, hard stinging spanking on the seat of them.
The Belle Starr positioning was just so poorly conceived. A spanking on horseback would be more plausible if the woman was lying in front of the spanker across the saddle, head on one side of the horse, feet on the other.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

THis is much better than Belle Starr spanking ! But I remember seeing a great bare bottom spanking of a young woman across a horse saddle drawing in a Eve Howard magazine back in the 80`s Don`t know who the artist was or what magazine it was from Spank Hard or Shadow Land. What made this spanking drawing stand out is that the horse was galloping while the cowboy spanked the girl`s bare bottom :lol:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

butch46163 wrote:

I remember seeing a great bare bottom spanking of a young woman across a horse saddle drawing in a Eve Howard magazine back in the 80`s Don`t know who the artist was or what magazine it was from Spank Hard or Shadow Land. What made this spanking drawing stand out is that the horse was galloping while the cowboy spanked the girl`s bare bottom

Of course I don't know the source of that artist's inspiration, but there is a film, made in Mexico, entitled El Charro y la Dama (1949), which ends exactly as you described that picture, except for the "bare bottom" part.

Pedro Armendariz is riding a horse and his enamorada, played by Rosita Quintana, says something to piss him off, so he turns her over the horse's back right in front of him and spanks her as the horse gallops away. That's the end of the movie.

What is especially worth noting is that this is the SECOND spanking Rosita got, in that picture. Earlier, Armendariz had put Rosita over his knee and given her a proper spanking, after she disrespected one of his prize horses.

Rosita must have been an extraordinarily game actress. She received ANOTHER spanking in the Mexican film Tres Balas Perdidas (1961), and was whipped on her bottom in the Luis Buñuel film Susana (1951).

Oh, and one more oddity: Rosita Quintana lived to a ripe old age, and may still be alive. Her last credit was for a TV show, "Peregrina" in 2005, when she would have been 80 years old. This adds to the mystique of long-lived actresses who were spanked on screen, then went on to live long lives and have long careers. Think Maureen O'Hara (b. 1920) and Patricia Morison (b. 1914). They never died!

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Old Dogs and New Technology

Post by web-ed »

Dan,

It is hard to adapt to new things once we reach a certain age, and I've tried to keep CSR relatively simple in design to minimize the problems that readers of all ages experience. Alas, all the inventions of Man are subject to periodic breakdowns - it probably wasn't long after the caveman invented the wheel that he experienced the first flat tire! Anyway, I'm glad this problem resolved itself.

There are a few advantages to growing older, though (not many), like remembering who the old-time comics artists were, or knowing all the spankings that ever took place in movies.

By the way, I took a look at your son's page on IMDB, and you have every right to be proud of him. It seems that technical proficiency does run in the family after all!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/14/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).

Notes on this week's updates:
  • A French magazine had a page devoted to cinema spankings, and we've added it to our old page on the film Julie Not (or Pot) de Colle.
  • More of Cave Girl Meriem from Doctor Cylon. You could call Meriem the most spankable girl in pre-history!
  • The Humorama Series series continues with good scans of more of Bill Ward: the rarely-seen "bank overdraft spanking" from Mike's old collection in which a woman becomes acquainted with a very unusual bank policy, and yet another secretary spanking from our own collection.
  • Also from Mike is some fiction he wrote years ago, "Executive Decision" - a female executive in a high position gets taken down a peg with a good spanking! We revamped the template used in CSR's fiction pages for this story, and gave the Fiction Index page a facelift as well. This is the first Fiction update I've done in a year and a half.
  • One of the very few spankings in crime comics, Crime and Justice #1 features a pretty good father/daughter scene. Interestingly, when the spanking is interrupted by the father's business partner, the daughter gives no thanks for her spanking being cut short and tells the partner that it's none of his concern! We wouldn't say she actually liked being spanked, but she did seem to accept it as a normal part of her life.
Computer problems and transitioning to a new machine and operating system left me very little time this week for more searching. The Supergirl Silver-Age Spanking Search has reached a difficult juncture and isn't going to produce the desired results anyway, and while the Humorama Search will certainly continue in the next few weeks, I wonder if I'll find any more new "spankers". I have no doubt there are at least a few more out there, but my sources of low-cost Humorama digests are running low and in any case I've already reached the point of diminishing returns.

Speaking of Humorama, in case anyone is wondering why I seem to be on a Bill Ward kick just now (with 6 more Ward M/F "spankers" in the files), the answer is my passion (or obsession) for order: wishing to keep like items together on the index pages, I tend to do mini-series, or series-within-series, so that each row of five items in the Humor Gallery index will hang together if possible. If it weren't for that, I'd probably mix them up more. Sometimes it happens anyway, as it did a few months ago when I'd exhausted my stock of George Morrice, only to discover several more (and even more since then).

And you'll be glad to know we won't be running out of Humorama cartoons anytime soon: I have 56 more M/F waiting to be posted, and even at two per week that will take us through another 6 months! To keep up on the status of the Humorama Series, you can always check the Humorama Tote Board.

Next week:
  • There's no one we like to see spanked more than Lara Croft, and she gets it twice, once in an animated version of a drawing we posted years ago and the second time by Doctor Cylon.
  • The Humorama Series continues with #56 and 57, both by Bill Ward. First, a customer serves up a spanking to a careless waitress, then -
  • A Doctor spanks his patient for being late.
  • After years of searching, we finally got a hold of Intimate Confessions #7. This Golden Age Romance comic features a young woman who is "Far From Innocent", but by the story's end, she's not "far from spanked" - new scans from our own copy of the book!
Please join us then :) !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

I enjoyed "executive decision"................just the kind of thing we've all wished for at one time or another :D . Meriem certainly is presenting us with an interesting view :D . she looks pretty happy though considering the caption. i like the idea of the bank overdraft spanking :lol: . nicely shaped spankee.........especially her well defined bottom :D . so much so that i think i can forgive the position. i like the surprised look on her face as she looks back at her bottom to make sure what's happening to it. in the secretary spanking, i like the way she is yelling and reaching back to try to protect her bottom :D . i liked the second pic of the "julie" spanking much better. i liked the position better but her expression is priceless in this one :lol: . i really liked the grown woman who isn't too old for her father to spank her............of course. kind of reminds me of the story i just finished posting :D . i like the otk position and the position of the leg she's kicking. i agree with you about her protests just being a token effort though. if she was really getting her bottom blistered she probably would have been calling him daddy instead of father and pleading with him to stop. as you noted, obviously not the first spanking he's given her :D . another good batch on this update. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB - ED ! Really enjoyed the story Executive Decision Remind me of some of the stories I use to read in Spank Hard Nu-West magazine and Janus fromthe past great story! I don`t think Meriem Cave Girl is Sorry in fact she look like she is enjoying her spanking :lol: What was it with Bill Ward and his drawing of beautiful sexy women? The Spanking Banker is good love how the woman lean over to have her curvy bottom smack. Nice tight dress and long sexy gloves one of Ward trade mark 8-) also this lady kinda look like Jessica Rabbit with the hair over one eye :lol: Tha secretary spanking is much much better being it over the knees really like how her buttocks sticks up in that tight dress along with her shaply legs making this one of his best drawing so far :D Well done on the Halloween spanking arts Especially the Skelator spanking Evil LEN and Van Helsing spanking a female Vampire witha wooden stake great otk position on both drawing also wish to have seen He-Man spank Evil Len plenty of time on his cartoon show :twisted: Was there an error on the Crime and Justice drawing because I don`t know why the daughter long skirt turn from yellow to green :? This is a very great father daughter spanking done tastefully great build up as the daughter is carry tuck under her father arm as he takes her to the woodshed :lol: Also love the otk position and the daugther`s facial express and cries of I`am not a child! :lol: The spanking to me didn`t look to hard judging by the small sparks coming from her behind :) And what a way to end this spanking by dropping her on her well spanked buttocks :lol: I think daddy little girl is in need of another spanking this time for hitting the Forman :lol: THANKS web-ED CSR!!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I was REALLY glad to see some Bill Ward M/F spanking cartoons this week! One thing Bill Ward was especially good at was stockings on well-shaped legs.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Some ladies I have known would prefer the teller's approach to overdrawn funds.
jimc

Post by jimc »

yes i truly enjoyed all the spankings this week. Although to be honest i did not see the dress change color in the crime and justice spanking. I was going to comment on the color change at the bottom and how much i thought that artists at the time did draw impact colorings for adults rather than the stars and i thought it was harder as it did look like a harder impact (it also looked like the the artist was trying to show the temperature change in her bottom.) I too thought the captioning should have been better, but it was an exciting scene nevertheless. it is great to see all the ward spanking scenes as i had seen many of them years ago and while not forgetting them was certainly glad to see them again. Thanks for sharing them. have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/14/2011

Post by web-ed »

I'm glad to see so many positive responses to this week's updates.
hugob00m wrote:I was REALLY glad to see some Bill Ward M/F spanking cartoons this week!
Ward did a lot of F/F stuff that I wanted to get out of the way before proceeding with the M/F stock. I have five more M/F from Ward that we'll be seeing over the next three weeks, to be followed by the M/F efforts of the other Humorama artists, who did not produce anywhere near the number of F/F cartoons that he did.
willjohn wrote:Some ladies I have known would prefer the teller's approach to overdrawn funds.
Hmmm - if that's the case, maybe we should go into the banking business, adopting the method displayed in the cartoon as our official policy on overdrafts!
butch wrote:Was there an error on the Crime and Justice drawing because I don`t know why the daughter long skirt turn from yellow to green?
Sharp eye, Butch! The wonderful world of comics is chock full of errors, many of which are no doubt caused by the tight production schedules - sometimes the writer goofs (Stan Lee did many times many during his long career), sometimes even the best artists forget a detail (once Jack "King" Kirby drew Reed Richards with two left hands, and he often drew gloves on The Beast's hands in early issues of X-Men), and the same holds for colorists, letterers, and printers. One of my favorite printer's errors was a Spider-Man panel in which the purplish color of Spider-Man's trousers was supposed to be obtained by printing red dots over a solid blue (way back when, comics were printed using just four colors). In this one panel, the printer had left out the blue, printing red dots over white stock to achieve a flesh tone, and making it look like Spidey forgot his pants that day!

In this case, I'd say it was the colorist who goofed. Maybe he wasn't looking at the earlier page when mixing up the green for the later one, or maybe he thought the earlier shade of yellow-green was too close to chartreuse and decided to change it to a dark green. Not a great moment in comics art, but at least we got a spanking panel with good OTK positioning.

Some of you also commented favorably on Executive Decision, which is gratifying since I don't concentrate on spanking fiction here at CSR the way I do on Comics and other things. You'll be glad to know I have some of Mike's other fiction in hard copy here at the CSR offices, and I'll be bringing that to you when I can. Last week's computer failure has slowed me down a little, since I need OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to translate the hard copy into document or rich text format, and I don't have any installed on the new machine yet. No need to worry about the visual material - it was all transferred successfully to the new machine, so the pictorial paddlings will continue on schedule!
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correct number
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Web-ed,

Guess I'm a little late in commenting on the recent Weekly Updates. Better late than never? I truly appreciate seeing (and downloading) that picture from "Diabolical Pipeline," about love and spanking in the turbulent Texas oilfields. It isn't often that one sees such a perfect positioning of the spankee. Here, Ann Johnson assumes the perfect, classic OTK pose: Over her father's knee, her back arched in such a way that it elevates her "target" area and makes it easy for Dad to reach. Her legs are positioned in the classic mode also: Front thigh (the one closest to the viewer) is almost perpendicular to the ground, while her foreleg kicks high and forms a perfect "V"... for Victory, perhaps. The other leg is at rest for now, ready to start kicking when the other leg comes down. Oh, this is perfect!

Again, Web-ed, thanks for serving us such tasty treats.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/14/2011

Post by web-ed »

You're welcome, Dan, and it's never too late to comment on the weekly updates. Everyone may not be able to see the updates on the day they come out - I myself only check other spanking sites once per week, and sometimes I can't even do that.

I thought "Diabolical Pipeline" was a good one too, for the reason you mentioned: the classic OTK positioning. It made up for all the other weaknesses in the writing, artwork, and even (as Butch pointed out) the coloring! Equally important, it had not appeared on the web before as far as I know, although the spanking had been noted in an edition of the Overstreet Price Guide.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/21/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).
  • There's no one we like to see spanked more than Lara Croft, and she gets it twice, once in an
    animated version of a drawing we posted years ago and the second time by Doctor Cylon.
  • The Humorama Series series continues with #56 and 57, both by Bill Ward. First, a
    customer serves up a spanking to a careless waitress, then -
  • After years of searching, we finally got a hold of Intimate Confessions #7. This Golden Age
    Romance comic features a young woman who is "Far From Innocent", but by the story's end, she's
    not "far from spanked" - new scans from our own copy of the book!
  • Wolfie138, who has contributed to this forum, also contributed a Halloween-themed drawing which I added to the Halloween decorations on the Home Page.
I added three more digests to my collection for the ongoing Humorama Search this week, but there were no new M/F "spankers" in them. There was a spanking verse and a couple of poses that will be posted on this board when I can get around to it. The Golden Age Search had come up empty this week when an alert reader pointed out to me there was a Plastic Man M/F spanking I had completely overlooked! How my dour expression changed when I saw that! The positioning is extremely strange, which is how I missed it, but several swats from Plas's hand do indeed land on a bad girl's panty-clad bottom, and we'll be seeing it in Comics Gallery 2 just as soon as I can figure a time to work it into the schedule.

Next Week: It's our second (and, we hope, last) Halloween Horror issue, with 6 Humorama F/M cartoons from Ward, Wenzel, and Stiles. These will not be presented as part of the ongoing Humorama Series, which will feature a Ward M/F cartoon. We'll also have some smokin' butts from Doctor Cylon, just so nobody has to feel completely disappointed. Once more, the reason for this F/M "junk" (as I refer to it in my own folders!) is that it's rare material and I'm probably the only one in the spanking scene who's in possession of it. If I don't put it out there, it will probably never be seen by those who want it.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/21/2011

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:
  • There's no one we like to see spanked more than Lara Croft, and she gets it twice, once in an animated version of a drawing we posted years ago and the second time by Doctor Cylon.
Your analysis of what's wrong with Lara Croft is spot-on... and I might add that her smug superiority ruins the plot of the Tomb Raider movies, because nothing is a chalenge to her and no one is a threat to her. What's the point? Someone I would like to see as the one to give Croft her much-deserved spanking would be Sherriden from the second movie. I may have to try drawing that one sometime.
web-ed wrote:
  • The Humorama Series series continues with #56 and 57, both by Bill Ward. First, a
    customer serves up a spanking to a careless waitress, then -
Ooh! Delicious! Well, maybe not the spaghetti after it's landed partly on the floor and partly on the man's head, but the waitress's posterior turned up for a spanking sure looks nice! Mmmm! Yummy!
web-ed wrote:

Well, the lady is quite appealing, and the doctor seems to be enjoyng himself, but in my experience, it's usually the doctor who's always late... so maybe someone ought to draw a female doctor spanked by a male patient for her unexcusable tardiness.
web-ed wrote:
  • After years of searching, we finally got a hold of Intimate Confessions #7. This Golden Age
    Romance comic features a young woman who is "Far From Innocent", but by the story's end, she's
    not "far from spanked" - new scans from our own copy of the book!
Cute! And the story of a temptress trying to steal a man she wants from her best friend is an interesting one! I was just about to try something like that with Katie, Clorene and Bullmoose!
web-ed wrote:
  • Wolfie138, who has contributed to this forum, also contributed a Halloween-themed drawing which I added to the Halloween decorations on the Home Page.
As I've said before, I'm not a real big fan of F/F spankings, but that one is well-drawn and funny.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Really love the new Halloween spanking art from Wolfie good otk with the spankee Torment legs being restrain while having her curvy posterior smack that well teach her not to steal Discord candy :lol: Really love the see through white sheet they both was wearing ;) Doctor Cylon spanks Lara Croft is nice but I wish he would have spanked her bottom with that strap over her short pants bottom. Always wanted to see Lara spanked in those tight shorts of her`s :D Thumb up for the animated version of Lara spanking great otk postion but still would have bben great with the spanking starting over shorts then bare :lol: Bill Ward Careless waitress spanking is good like the over the lap postion with the waitress shaply rump up high also love the tight lacy black panty she wearing 8-) notic that the waitress dosn`t look to be in pain or discomfort from the spanking that she is getting in fact I think she is enjoying but not like the other Ward`s drawing of the Doctor spanks patient great postion nice tight dress that highlight the bottom only problem is the chair was too low bringing his knees up to high great facial express telling she not liking this spanking :lol: The spanking of the sister n law in Intimate confession#7 was great and like you posted spanking on a sofa dosn`t bring up the buttocks unless you push the spankee`s upper torso down into the cushsion of the sofa that will sometime lift up the spankee bottom great spanking none to less!!! THANKS!!!!