Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Big Barda Bends Over!

Post by web-ed »

We've seen Big Barda a few times on the main site (see, e.g. Mister Miracle Spanks Big Barda), so let's see a missed opportunity now from an unknown comic book:

Big Barda bends her butt over!

Too bad Scott didn't have a good-size paddle handy! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:41 pm so let's see a missed opportunity now from an unknown comic book:
Wow! That sure was a missed opportunity! What a target! :o :o :o :o
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

not only Barda in the right position for the paddle but also to try making kids :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Two Pratfalls for Mopsy

Post by web-ed »

I've searched a number of issues of Mopsy and never found any spankings, but there have been at least two pratfalls that I saved. I don't seem to have preserved too many details, but I believe they are from Mopsy #3 and #14, respectively.

Mopsy takes a bad fall from a horse, and decides a merry-go-round is safer. No eating off the mantle or pillow strapped to the behind, however.

Mopsy is obviously an excellent diver and shows how to touch her toes, but when a handsome male swimmer shows up she does a kind of pratfall-dive to seem helpless and get his attention.

Gladys Parker tells Mopsy's stories almost without words, so a spanking for her would be a most appropriate way to indicate she got herself in trouble, but I haven't found one yet.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Fork Over That Picture or Papa Will Spank!

Post by web-ed »

Let's see another spanking threat, this time from Real Love #62 (July 1954). Our story, "A Man to Beware Of," is simple: Joan jilts Peter, who refuses to return her photograph. Joan tells her sister (she's referred to only as "Sis" much like Katy Keene's sister) who decides to climb up Peter's fire escape and enter his apartment.

Unfortunately for her, Peter catches her in the act, saying, "I'm afraid you're a very naughty girl" and follows that implied spanking threat with the more overt "Fork over the picture, or Papa will have to spank!" (If she had done that to me, my response would have been, "You may choose between the police or a good spanking".) :)

From Real Love #62 (July 1954). Art by Bob Peterson and reprinted from Glamorous Romances #44, according to JVJ.

You can tell that if Peter had spanked Sis, who's already attracted to him, she would have been putty in his hands ever after. A prime opportunity for a sizzling erotic spanking missed! :(
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi,Web-ed.

You're right. He should've done more than just threaten to spank sis!

And, instead of dumping Joan for writing that inscription, Ricky could've spanked her, and warned her not to do it again!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Sis was in need of a good lesson for trying to steal those pictures :twisted: :lol: the Papa spank reminds me of Batman :twisted: :lol: Also Joan should have turn over the knee to :twisted: :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Daredevil #24 - Part 1

Post by web-ed »

The cover of Daredevil #24 (this is of course the Golden Age Lev Gleason book and not the later Marvel superhero of the same name) is pretty grim, and you wouldn't expect to see a spanking inside, but there is one, along with a kick to a female fanny, two pratfalls, and a pretty girl bending over! We'll see it all now except the spanking, which is a father/son M/M scene - yuck! :x (You can look it up in the Comics Spanking Data Base where I dutifully put it if you want to for some reason).

Cover of Daredevil #24 (May 1944). Art by Charles Biro.

From the lead feature, "The Punch and Judy Murders," comes a boot to the behind. As Judy deserves a life sentence for her vicious crimes, this is certainly not an adequate punishment, and even a spanking wouldn't be enough although we'd still have liked to see one.

The villainess Judy gets a kick where she needs one the most in Daredevil #24.

The story and art are by Charles Biro, who was a better writer than artist although he always took pride in being able to draw his stories. He had no range when it came to light and shadow - everything is brightly lit as if by lights on a movie set, even this scene which takes place in a dark alley! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Daredevil #24 - Part 2

Post by web-ed »

Daredevil had a back-up feature called "The Pirate Prince" which had, let us say, possibilities as we see from this splash page:

From Daredevil #24, art by Dick Briefer.

This is in fact the story in which the spanking occurred. Unfortunately, it wasn't Estella whom we see above. From my description in the data base: "Golden opportunity missed for the two-timing goldigger Estella who's dating them both to get the spanking she deserved".

No spanking, but at least she bends over to give us a nice view:

Estelle bends over. Too bad neither Pa nor Droopy (she's two-timing both of them) thought to take her OTK.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Daredevil #24 - Part 3

Post by web-ed »

From the strangely-titled strip Sniffer comes two equally-strange pratfalls. It's late and I'm tired and I don't think this story makes much sense anyway, but it seems that Sniffer gets a little impatient with a female admirer (and a good-looking one, at that!) and unceremoniously dumps her on the floor, fanny-first :) . On the next page, he repeats this chivalrous action but this time sticks her butt-first into a wooden barrel. The artist, R. W. Hall, must have had the behind in mind, for he added some pain stars to that particular location, but he really should have drawn her over Sniffer's knee, fanny raised high. She even refers to Sniffer as the only man who can tame her - what an opportunity missed! (By the way, I think her name really is "Blondie").

He actually repeats this "gag" a third time, using a barrel again, for the last panel of the strip, but it just seems too silly to bother posting. A spanking would have made for a much livelier conclusion. ;)

Two odd pratfalls for Blondie from Daredevil #24. Art and probably story by R. W. Hall.

And that's it for Daredevil #24. I did discover one good M/F spanking from the title (the only one known), and I posted it years ago, but I can't link to it from here because of the board's two-link limit. You can find it in the DB by searching on "Daredevil". It was in issue #14 from the Dickie Dean strip.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Good comic! too bad Blondie didn`t end up over Sniffer`s knee :twisted: will try to find the link to the spanking in DareDevil 4 :D :D :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
While pratfalls can never be as much fun as spankings... those were a couple of funny ones.
web-ed
Site Admin

Some Innuendo and a Wasted Position

Post by web-ed »

This first one falls under the category of "sexual innuendo," in this case, I'm sure, quite unintentional. (Unlike some of the work of Manny Stallman, posted here years ago, which is hard to see getting past an editor of the time). Here, "The Lady Said 'Yes'" although to what exactly I can't remember any more. Not what everyone who read the title must have been thinking, though... :o

She may have said "Yes," but not to anything too exciting. From Personal Love #30.

Teen romance was probably the main subject matter of Sweet Sixteen #4 (I honestly can't remember any more - these things have been sitting in my files for years). Alice and three other girls are up to something - probably innocent - when Alice, distracted, practically runs over with her bike some guy named Roger, who's awfully well-dressed for a teen-age boy. The interesting part is that she winds up in something very close to the OTK position - a perfect opportunity for Roger to teach her a lesson in traffic safety :lol: . Alas, it never happened, and another good spanking opportunity was wasted:

Talk about asking for a spanking! From Sweet Sixteen #4.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I remember an old joke about an "innuendo" being an Italian suppository
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

It's a shame the boy didn't give the girl a couple of swats when she landed right in his lap

"In you window" could also be how burglars break and enter.
web-ed
Site Admin

Some More Near Misses with Kathy and Supergirl

Post by web-ed »

Kathy seems to have been one of the lesser-known teen humor strips. In this scene, discovered by long-time CSR contributor Bishop Berkeley, Kathy is acting as a waitress and is tripped up by a rival, ending up right over a customer's knee! No spanking, though. :x

Details uncertain, but could be Kathy #28. I didn't bother checking since it doesn't seem that important.

Supergirl has to be one of the very top choices for superheroine-spankee among male spankos and needs no introduction here. This excerpt, which is probably also from Bishop Berkeley (my notes are incomplete), is from what is basically a King-Kong-Runs-Wild-In-City type of story.

Of some interest is the panel's sound effect: "SWAT!" And exactly where the giant ape's hand contacted Supergirl's body isn't clear, but I'd like to believe it was you-know-where. Supergirl is wearing her "Shorts #1" costume, later slightly modified, and of course very good for spanking purposes. I looked at every issue during this time for any "spanking positions" poses, as has been discussed elsewhere with any such poses being already posted.

Bob Oskner, a decent artist who drew an attractive but not overly sexy Supergirl, is here inked by Vince Colletta, who was usually called in when a very fast inker was needed and tended to blur his penciller's lines somewhat. Colletta, it may be remembered, did the art on two spankings in Charlton romance comics. (If interested, consult the Comics Spanking Data Base for Just Married #58 and Teen Confessions #49.) John Albano was a sometimes-interesting writer but not someone we'd expect to write a spanking scene and of course he didn't give Oskner and Colletta one here. Also, there was a dearth of spankings at DC in the Bronze Age (see my article on the subject over on the main site for more details on this).

From Adventure Comics #410 (Sept. 1971). Story by John Albano; art by Bob Oskner and Vince Colletta.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

look like the guy Kathy fell face down bottom up across his knee nearly had a heart attack !! wat a wonderful thing to happen!! :twisted:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, web=ed.

It's hard to tell from that drawing where the giant gorilla's hand made contact... but I'm sure most of us would like to think he gave her butt a good swat! :D :D :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

A Missed Opportunity in Patsy Walker

Post by web-ed »

Marvel's Golden Age is on area I haven't been able to thoroughly explore because until recently, with the books still being under copyright, scans of most of them were not available. Robin alerted me to a new source for these, and pointed me toward some of the Patsy Walker issues. (In fact, Patsy was so popular she appeared in several titles, and I do intend to work my way through all of them. For now, I have completed my search through all the issues of her own title Patsy Walker, and not only did I find some spankings, there were some missed opportunities as well.)

Let's take a look at the first of these, from Patsy Walker #8 (December 1946). Patsy and Nancy have a hard time resisting applying their canoe paddles to Hedy's fanny:

The story and art are by Al Jaffee (inks may be Geo. Klein), and as we noted over on the main site in Patsy Walker #7, Jaffee is still alive, 76 years later! Spanking was merely a humorous device for him, but he does the Patsy Walker scenes well, and I have in my collection an issue of MAD magazine in which he drew another of this type. I scanned it some years ago but never got around to posting it, something I hope to rectify in 2023 when he'll still be fresh in everyone's memory.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. yes! A missed opportunity indeed!

The ideal situation here would've been for each of the other girls to give Patsy a smack with the oars, and then for the boy to turn each of them over his knee! :D :D :D :D Now that would've been fun!