Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/09/2017

Post by web-ed »

Everybody seems to like the Don Flowers Series as well as Super-Spanking Summer, and we'll continue with both today. I also have a special feature this week and I'd like to say a word about that.

Everybody knows I work slowly and have tons of stuff in my files waiting to be posted on CSR. Among those filed-away items was a video excerpt of Kathy Griffin getting spanked by Craig Ferguson that I recoded (i.e. changed from Flash Video to the more-useful WMV and MPEG-2 formats) some time ago but just hadn't had time to post.

I try not to get too political on CSR, partly because I write about politics elsewhere under another name and frankly get sick of the subject matter, but mostly because we live in a polarized world and I see no reason to "piss off" maybe 40% of CSR readers (the figure is pure guesswork based on nothing) by injecting politics where it doesn't belong, namely into adult spanking.

So I'm not going to get into what Kathy Griffin did recently. I would assume everybody reading this already knows :shock: , and I would hope everybody regardless of political affiliation sees that it was pretty indefensible and also spankworthy. So I dug out the clip and did some extra work this week to code the page so that Griffin could seemingly receive her just punishment in a timely manner. My only regret is that she wasn't spanked a lot longer and harder. 'Nuff said about that.

As to the regularly-schedule updates:
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with the fourth of a 5-part series on spankings from the comic strip art of Don Flowers: the first of two spankings from Glamor Girls.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with the Wonder Woman series as Power Girl gives Wonder Woman another power-spanking.
  • Video Extra: Kathy Griffin gets a well-earned spanking. This actually took place on TV several years ago, but recently she did something bad and really deserves it now.
Next Week:
  • The conclusion of our 5-part Don Flowers Series features another example from his Glamor Girls strip.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues as The Flash give Wonder Woman a speedy whack on her behind :) !
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by Sweetspot »

Black and white copy but at least the resolution is better and we can clearly read what he's saying.
glamorGirlsJanuary2,1949.jpg
glamorGirlsJanuary2,1949.jpg (76.22 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/09/2017

Post by web-ed »

Wow, Phil! It occurred to me you might eventually be able to locate this one from the clue that it was apparently January of some year, but I never anticipated you could do it so quickly or I'd have sent it to you beforehand! Great work, and I've added it to the page having whitened up the yellowing newsprint a bit:

Thanks for your quick work! :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!! Thanks for a more clearer version of the Glamor girls Spanking 8-) this seem like a pretty hard birthday spanking this lady is getting from her boyfriend :lol: :lol: maybe he mad that she kept nagging him not to forget her birthday :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: the otk is flaw with the guy`s legs spread apart! also doesn`t like that Mr. Flower use a small sofa for the guy to sit on! hate it when the spankee don`t have room to kick! Good Drawing! Think Kathy griffin need a good long hard Spanking for nearly ruining her career :x :x what was she thinking :shock: like this video and the face she made after the hard smack :lol: :lol: don`t know why he didn`t spank her over the knee :?: Miss Griffin got a nice rear :D Power girl is using all her power to spank WW :lol: so much her huge breasts has burst from her outfit :lol: :lol: :twisted: Mr.Jer does some Great Spanking Art and this is another one of his best work! love the over the knee and the hair pulling making this a rough spanking! wonder was there a little cat fighting before the otk! Wonder Woman have meet her Match and is paying for it with a Hot red bottom :twisted: 8-) :lol: :lol: SUPER GREAT DRAWING 8-) 8-) 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I don't have a lot to say about the Glamor Girls spanking that hasn't already been mentioned except to say that I do like her surprised expression and kicking legs :lol: . I really enjoyed the info that your posted along with the pic including the difference between glamor girls and good girls and the comparison of Flowers with Bill ward :D . Thanks and a tip of the hat to Sweetspot for the clearer scan. Power girl looks really pissed about something and looking at WWs position, I'd say she's in big trouble :lol: . Now I'm wondering if WW was the one who tore PGs shirt, releasing those monster boobs..........maybe that's what the spanking is about :lol: . I like the way he's drawn WWs bottom although it could have been a little redder, especially considering the expression of PGs face 8-) . I can't say the Kathy Griffin spanking is my favorite kind but it's still a spanking on TV and we're always up for that :D . Good updates this week :D . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Mmmmm! I liked this one a lot more than the other Don Flowers spankings! The man appears to be about the same approximate age as the woman... which makes it likely that he's her boyfriend or husband. His position looks a bit awkward, with his legs spread so far apart, but I like the sight of her shapely legs kicking in futile protest, and the gleeful expression on his face! I can tell he's been looking forward to celebrating this gal's birthday! ;) ;) ;) ;)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/16/2017

Post by web-ed »

We conclude the Don Flowers series this week with a joint effort of Phil Sweetspot (who found the attempted spanking), Dave Wolfe (who found a different, completed spanking), and myself (who went down every possible critical and historical side alley possible :lol: ). Lots of discussion, yes, but also lots of very nice things to look at, and I only wish we had more. As I mention on the page, it is certainly possible that another spanking or two by Flowers will turn up in the future.

The Wonder Woman Series continues with an usual butt-whack from The Flash. And that brings us to the annual mention we make every summer of the problem we have finding good M/F Superhero Spanking material. We've discussed this in detail repeatedly, so I'll only repeat here that for some reason, most artists (and most of the people commissioning spanking art) favor the F/F pairing. I do my best, and only bring you F/F work that I feel is above average, but I'm still unable to present as many M/F scenes as I would like. So enjoy today's cartoon, which while it has no OTK position does have Wonder Woman rather nicely bent over to receive a good hard swat from The Flash.

Also, be sure to check out Hugob00m's newest O. T. Katie adventure Cosplay and Phil Overbarrel's Good Marks (which has been running about as long as The Mousetrap did in London's West End :lol: bless it!) in their respective galleries. You won't be disappointed!

Next Week:
  • The only known spanking from the Lancelot strip, remembered by Tanner and located by Phil S!
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues as, for the sixth time, The Cheetah spanks Wonder Woman. One might almost think these two are into it! :)

I think a week or two ago I spoke about regrets. One I didn't mention is that because I delayed the start of the Comic Strip Series to finish up some other things, and because I work slowly and can only present one of Phil S's discoveries per week, he probably hasn't received sufficient credit (in the sense of primacy) for his accomplishments. Yes, Andre has independently found some of the same items as well as many others, probably working from different sources, but in most of the cases we're going to see in this series, Phil actually was there first, and assuming I remember to update the DB properly, he will get the credit there as discoverer.

That's one reason I'm going to try to present next anything that Phil found because he was trying to locate something remembered by a CSR readers. Next week's Lancelot is an example, as was the monumental 5th spanking from Abbie an' Slats we saw some time ago. The Jackson Twins should be next :) .
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed… Thanks for updating your page. It’s always fun to see your “take” on the Wonderful World of Spankings for Women.

But… Are all of the new posts placed here by YOU? Lemme explain:

Under the rubric “Glamor Girls Spanking #2” you — or someone pretending to be you — has posted eleven (11) new toons, and ONLY ONE of them appears to be your work. That would be the first one, a Don Flowers toon showing a middle-aged father holding his twenty-something daughter over his knee as he sits on the couch and spanks her, OTK. The girl says: “Daddy, aren’t you taking yourself a bit too seriously?” or something like that. Now, dads who spank their naughty daughters have always been welcome here on the CSR. But the remaining nine (9) toons, I would say, don't belong here.

All the remaining nine (9) panels seem to show the WOMEN in charge, not the men. Oh yeah, sure I understand that in a spanking situation we like to say that even when the woman is being spanked by a man, SHE is the one who’s really in charge. I get it, and I understand why we say such things. But in many of these remaining nine (9) toons, the women really DO seem to be “in charge,” literally.

The two “marriage counselor” toons clearly show the woman’s superiority, even in strictly physical matters. And there’s another toon where an adult daughter clearly is beating up her father, as he lies on the floor of their home. That's not the intro, that is supposedly the whole "joke." She beats up her father. What the hell, Nick?

Sometimes I like to kid, but I am not kidding here. Maybe you will want to change the name of your site from “Chicago Spanking Review” to ‘FEMALE EMPOWERMENT REVIEW.” Either that, or “POLITICALLY CORRECT REVIEW.”

Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Your explanation of why Don Flowers did so few Humorama cartoons makes a lot of sense. It's too bad that someone as good as Wenzel couldn't even make a living with his art.

And It's too bad that of the only known spankings Flowers drew, all but one of them was parental. I sort of wish that there had been a continuation of the one you posted this week... with the mother chiding the father and finding herself in the same predicament that the daughter had been in!

Whew! Dan REALLY didn't like those other Flowers cartoons you posted!
daneldorado wrote:Sometimes I like to kid, but I am not kidding here. Maybe you will want to change the name of your site from “Chicago Spanking Review” to ‘FEMALE EMPOWERMENT REVIEW.” Either that, or “POLITICALLY CORRECT REVIEW.
I also didn't like the message he was conveying, but... as examples of his artistic style, they were really good.

I liked the cartoon by Arwestromen, with the Flash giving a quick one-swat to Wonder Woman. Too bad he hasn't done any actual spankings... since he clearly seems to favor women with big round bottoms!
web-ed wrote:Also, be sure to check out Hugob00m's newest O. T. Katie adventure Cosplay
And, of course, thanks for the plug! I've been having a lot of fun with this strip, and I hope some of you are enjoying it too.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/16/2017

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Hiya Web-ed… Thanks for updating your page. It’s always fun to see your “take” on the Wonderful World of Spankings for Women.

But… Are all of the new posts placed here by YOU? Lemme explain:

Under the rubric “Glamor Girls Spanking #2” you — or someone pretending to be you — has posted eleven (11) new toons, and ONLY ONE of them appears to be your work. That would be the first one, a Don Flowers toon showing a middle-aged father holding his twenty-something daughter over his knee as he sits on the couch and spanks her, OTK. The girl says: “Daddy, aren’t you taking yourself a bit too seriously?” or something like that. Now, dads who spank their naughty daughters have always been welcome here on the CSR. But the remaining nine (9) toons, I would say, don't belong here.

All the remaining nine (9) panels seem to show the WOMEN in charge, not the men. Oh yeah, sure I understand that in a spanking situation we like to say that even when the woman is being spanked by a man, SHE is the one who’s really in charge. I get it, and I understand why we say such things. But in many of these remaining nine (9) toons, the women really DO seem to be “in charge,” literally.

The two “marriage counselor” toons clearly show the woman’s superiority, even in strictly physical matters. And there’s another toon where an adult daughter clearly is beating up her father, as he lies on the floor of their home. That's not the intro, that is supposedly the whole "joke." She beats up her father. What the hell, Nick?

Sometimes I like to kid, but I am not kidding here. Maybe you will want to change the name of your site from “Chicago Spanking Review” to ‘FEMALE EMPOWERMENT REVIEW.” Either that, or “POLITICALLY CORRECT REVIEW.”

Dan
Well, I'm not shy about taking the bows around here Dan, so I accept the brickbats as well. (By the way, I'm glad you've solved your login difficulties and it's good to have you back). Before I present a specific defense to the charge of having gone over to the Dark Side (Female Empowerment, or perhaps we should say Female Supremacy), let me ask how likely is it that I've done that given these facts about my career as Web-Ed of CSR:
  • I have repeatedly maintained that M/F spanking is far more normal than F/M, to the point I have "pissed off" several F/M aficionados over the years. (One of them wrote me an angry letter I published in the old Letters Section in the days before this board. It's still there, by the way, in case anyone wants to read it - follow the link that I believe is under the topic "CSR Letters"). I even delved deep into the psychological reasons why that is true three years ago in my magnum opus on the psychology of adult spanking.
  • I post very little F/M stuff.
  • While I have posted all the known F/M examples from Humorama, I made a point of not adding them to the Humorama Spanking Data Base.
  • I have praised to the skies those non-consensual spankings in which a powerful woman is tamed by the superior strength the male, the classic example being Phantom Spanks Queen Pera, although there have been many others. Could I enjoy so much seeing these high-born, high social-status women being publicly humiliated by getting their bottoms warmed if I were a closet Female Supremacist? I don't think so. :lol:
O.K., now let's return to this week's Glamor Girls Spanking. As you say, there was only one male dominates female drawing in it, the first one with the actual spanking. In particular, you objected to the next two:

Two bad wives who could use a good spanking! (My original caption on the page)

But please observe the context! As is my wont, I was delving deeply into the artist's style and, in this case, speculating what kind of spanking cartoons he might have drawn for Humorama. What I said about these two women was "The wives in the two cartoons above are practically begging to get their backsides tanned!" and I assure you that when I saw these cartoons, the first thing that went through my mind was that a paddle should be taken to each of their arrogant asses until they had learned how to behave with proper female submissiveness!

I was discussing what kind of M/F spanking artist at Humorama Flowers might have been, and pointing out that his women were brats with bad attitudes that needed adjusting - of course we were going to see some examples of that. The father trying to spank his daughter Kathy in the same category and counted as a "missed opportunity," something I feature on a regular basis. Look at what I wrote in the caption for that one: "Don't give up, Pop - lay on that hairbrush!" Young Kathy, like those two physically abusive wives, could use a good dose of that hairbrush, and I said so. Hardly the kind of thing a feminist would write now, is it?

Because the discussion of this and other matters went on so long of course I was going to have to introduce more of Flowers' non-spanking work, and I noted (not with approval) that many of his female characters have a bad attitude that could use some adjusting - and we all know by what method I had in mind ;) .

So fear not, Dan - I may have been ill last week, but not so ill I suddenly became a feminist or female supremacist :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR !!! You are so right that those two Wives needs a good old fashion over the knee Hairbrush spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: also I wonder why the mother didn`t help her husband turn their Beautiful but bratty daughter over his lap for the hairbrush :D :lol: :lol: Good non spanking drawing from Don Flowers 8-) Glamor Girls #2 this is a Good drawing think it could have been better! the otk is flawed it looks like the girl is not over his knee plus his legs is spread too far apart :x there are some good parts like the stern look on his face a witness and stars coming from her bottom 8-) could have been better! Wow! what a hard whack The Flash gave Wonder Woman :twisted: wish he had put her across his knee and gave her a 1,000 hard spanks !! love her facial expression of :shock: and pain :lol: GREAT Drawing 8-)
hugob00m

Don Flowers birthday spanking

Post by hugob00m »

Here's a slightly altered version of the Don Flowers birthday spanking cartoon.
flowers alt.jpg
flowers alt.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
I raised her skirt, made her butt a little rounder, and added some lacy black panties, similar to the kind Homer Provence used to draw.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I agree with you that the OTK position of the spankee in the Glamour Girls spanking is pretty good and I like the fact that she's kicking her pretty legs as if the spanking hurts :D . I also like the look of distress and disbelief on her face as well as the position of her hands, which also indicates that the spanking hurts :lol: . Butch mentioned that the spanker's legs are too far apart and while that's true, I don't think that really makes much difference in this case since the naughty daughter doesn't appear to be over his lap at all but rather floating in the air in front of his lap?? I had to chuckle at the look on the mom's face. She obviously is having a hard time believing that her husband is spanking their grown daughter :lol: . Of course, she might also be wondering if her husband will think their daughter's behavior is somehow her fault and that she will be the next one over his lap for some instruction 8-) . Thanks for all the information you presented with this drawing. I particularly like your comparison between Flowers and Frazetta and I see what you mean about the angular aspect of Flowers drawings. The WW spanking is interesting although not really my style of spanking at all, as I obviously prefer OTK. Still, flash is obviously enjoying this activity as much as WW is surprised by it :lol: . Good updates. Thanks, Phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI Boom,

As always, your alterations have greatly improved the birthday spanking :D :D . The raised skirt, rounded bottom and panties just make this a superior spanking drawing :D . Thanks for sharing this with us. Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Genius Boom, pure genius! The week Web-ed mentioned that this Glamor Girl page came from Dave Wolfe's site I went there and found that he had a very nice spanking scene but that it was blurry. So I went to work to see if I could pull up a better copy. It took an hour or so [that's actually not long for something like this] for me to find dialogue in the strip that I could use for a successful search. I only regret that my archive device doesn't have the ability to bring-up comics in color. Very glad that Boom has the talent to make good use of my fortuitous discovery.

My take on the Kathy spanking is that her father had taken her to her bedroom for her spanking, or had followed her to the bedroom, when she had arrived home past her big girl curfew or maybe had talked back to her mother, whatever. So dad sits down on the edge of her bed and delivers one whale of a tanning with mom's hairbrush. Dad leaves the room and a sulky, upset "I'm to big for a spanking" Kathy grabs the doll off her bed and follows dad back into the living room where she whacks her old-man over the head with her doll, knocks him to the floor and jumps him. She continues to hit him with her doll until mom finally comes to her senses and pulls her off of dear old dad. A precautionary tale from Flowers that not all spankings go according to plan particularly if the young woman is bigger than you are, has a convertible "weapon" in her hand and has the element of surprise on her side. Kathy has a nasty temper and certainly could use additional spanking but if dad is wise he'll contact her older brother or her boy friend to take care of her corporal punishment from this point on.

The dad taking his job "too seriously" is one of my favorites of all time! I'll have to look it up some day so I can found out year and title. I like the positioning, the situation, pain stars and the humor. The spanker reminds me of me right down to being left handed. Note that in both of these domestic scenes how mom is standing off to the side slightly bent at the waist. The physical appearance of the dad in both frames is similar, in fact, this seems to be a typical look for a Don Flowers dad.

Immediately after learning from Web-ed's comments that Modest Maidens became Modern Maidens at some point in the life of that panel I spent the next five hours or so looking for a Modern Maiden spanking scene. Well I couldn't find any and I had difficulty grabbing many Modern Maidens at all from the archiver. But I did make an interesting unrelated discovery while looking.

This is an announcement from April 29, 1939 for an upcoming serialized adventure/romance story that would appear in the Kingston Daily Freeman. I looked through the usual suspects - I mean sites and search engines - and couldn't find this image. It is however reminiscent of other spanking illustrations of a woman OTK in her fishing waders down by the stream. My guess is that this is a CSR first-timer. With Super Hero artwork and strips that will last into the next year when would web-ed ever find time to code the many spankings from newspaper articles that I have? Anyway a nice image - although the spanker's stare is a bit off-putting.
KingstonDailyFreemanApril29,1939.jpg
KingstonDailyFreemanApril29,1939.jpg (191.39 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/16/2017

Post by web-ed »

B00m - thanks for talking the time to improve this week's "Glamor Girl"! I will add it to the page when I can.

Phil S. - thanks for researching Modern Maidens. Is it possible that there was a spanking from the Jay Alan years that has eluded your archiving device because it didn't contain any of the "keys" used for selection, or perhaps not all of Modest Maidens / Modern Maidens was ever archived?

Also thanks for your "Two Against Love" newspaper feature. This looks like quite a nice spanking scene, although the artist was perhaps a little too heavy on the blacks to allow us a nice view of the spankee. It is not on CSR currently and I didn't have it in the files until now.

This would be a good time to mention that Phil has found some interesting non-comics newspaper stuff as well as comics in his searches. I have quite a file of newspaper spankings including some stuff of mine and of Mike's as well as Phil's but they will have to wait until the Comic Strip Series is concluded. They should probably have priority after that as the Humorama Search through the classic period (1955-60) will probably not be finished by then.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/23/2017

Post by web-ed »

• The Comic Strip Series continues with the only known spanking from Lancelot. Sought after for years and finally located by Sweetspot.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues as for the sixth time The Cheetah spanks Wonder Woman. One might almost think these two are into it! :D
All three of our Resident Artists have been busy, too - Dan posted an unusual cartoon for Father's Day, Hugob00m did another chapter of the latest O.T. Katie adventure Cosplay, and the co-eds of Overbarrel U. continue to learn about being spanked in Phil Overbarrel's Good Marks.

Next Week:
  • A sort of quasi-spanking from The Jackson Twins. JimC got us started looking for spankings from the strip and Sweetspot found this one, plus some missed opportunities.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with another piece by Doctor Cylon as the Wonder Woman Series concludes.
I've got the rest of the summer mapped out now except for the minor features like "Missed Opportunities" here on the board. Because I've only got time to do one super-spanking per week, I'm cutting some of the mini-series short, that is, I'm not exhausting my stock for some of the characters like Wonder Woman and the Batman Family. That way we'll see a wider variety of characters. We'll be starting a Superman Series right after the conclusion of the Wonder Woman Series next week.

It's difficult to know in what order to present Sweetspot's many remaining finds. Lancelot this week and The Jackson Twins the next seemed obvious since Tanner and JimC expressed an interest in them. After that - well, I think everyone will find whatever we present to be pretty interesting. :)
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

it is always great to find strips that we have asked about . Tanner's recollection of the Lancealot series i did remember, but it was only seeing it again that i remembered having it once upon a time in my collection. Thanks Sweetspot for all your finds and research. i do love the newspaper find as well although like web-ed says the artist was too much into darks to see the spanking clearly although i did enjoy the narrative quotes. Knowing the Jackson Twins almost spanking is a great find as well. There were what seemed many missed opportunities for spankings to the twins and i do remember writing short stories about the strip in which they were spanked ( my stories did always have references to the fact that one twin would be watching the other twin getting spanked and thinking to themselves "so thats how i look when getting a spanking!") Although i am aware of spankings in the strip none of them that i am aware of actually featured the twins in the classic position ( i heard of one but i have learned that neither my or Phils search ever brought it to light it was mentioned by Texas Jim in his site and i have never found any other mention of it). Great finds. Thanks for all you share and have a great day.
Jim
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR! A rare Lancelot spanking!! Nice Find 8-) 8-) Like the setup but to me the gag should have read I bet this is one thing your father never did :lol: being how much a brat she is :lol: :lol: :lol: the otk is good and I like how Lance hand is raining down hard on her upturned bottom :lol: :lol: :lol: she have a :( look on her face wish it been more pain and shock! Great drawing!!! Super Plot line Great Art work by Archangemon 8-) 8-) 8-) Cheetah look very sexy in this drawing and I think this is the only way she will get Wonder Woman over her lap for a Spanking :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: What A nice big red Swollen bottom WW have! :lol: :lol: NICEEEEE :D :D can`t wait to see Wonder Woman get her revenge :lol: :lol: :lol: FANTASTIC!! 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The original Sir Lancelot did not treat the Lady of Shallot like that. Perhaps she would have preferred a spanking to dying for looking out the window of her tower.