Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.
daneldorado wrote:The second toon shows us another beauty (Olivia Hill?) grabbing Superman and planting a warm and grateful kiss on the Man of Steel's lips. Your caption reads:

Superman spanks Olivia Hill in public but it doesn't have the desired affect...evidently a super spanking really leaves the gals euphoric!

Euphoric, huh? Yeah, okay. But again, WHERE is the picture of the spanking itself? It should have been posted here, alongside the picture of Olivia delivering her grateful kiss.
I'm pretty sure that the Superman/Olivia Hill story will show up here, with a full history of the artist and when it was published. However, if you want to see the spanking panel itself, and some of the story that led up to it, you can find that at http://spkcomics.tumblr.com/ It has some decent M/F spankings, but you have to muddle through a lot of other crap to get to them.

Here's the Olivia Hill panels that they have:
superman and olivia.jpg
superman and olivia.jpg (695.34 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
Hopefully, Sweetspot has one with better resolution and maybe some information on the artist and when this was first published.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

The Hollywood Johnnie strip was interesting for several reasons. First off, I was totally surprised to find out that you initially got this wrong :o .

The information you post is almost always right on the money and even your speculation is normally accurate. Still, the mistake is understandable and even you are entitled to a mistake once in a while. Sweetspot did a masterful job of digging up the truth here and I think Sherlock Holmes would have been proud of him :D . In any case, we not have the truth as well as the full story and the 2 of you made a great team in getting this for us :D . It's a nice spanking panel and captured the action pretty well, I thought. She is obviously kicking and struggling although I do wish the dialog had indicated how much the spanking hurt as well as the drawing did. The OTK position is pretty good with her bottom well placed over his right knee, emphasizing how nicely rounded it is :D . The only problem I have with it is that his legs are spread too much. Anyway, this is a good spanking find and I appreciate the work it took to bring it to us :D .

Thanks to Dan for the nicely colored version of Superman spanking a naughty girl :D . I thought web-ed's comment that the coloring brought this panel to life was right on the money :lol: . Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Phil -
Image me, Phil S. being mentioned in the same sentence as my #1 fictitious hero Sherlock Holmes thanks Phil you made my day :D

Phil S.
jimc

Post by jimc »

This picture has been one of my favorites for years although her glasses always made me think she was masked and his cigar just made me think it was a mob boss spanking one of his molls and i had never seen the whole story until Phil dug it up. I loved the positioning and the flesh-paddler line seemed to fit my interputation of the scene . i do think seeing the whole scene and the days before and after the strip make for fine reading. Thanks again Phil and web-ed you do make a great team. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Hollywood Johnnie

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:HI web-ed,

The Hollywood Johnnie strip was interesting for several reasons. First off, I was totally surprised to find out that you initially got this wrong :o .

The information you post is almost always right on the money and even your speculation is normally accurate. Still, the mistake is understandable and even you are entitled to a mistake once in a while. Sweetspot did a masterful job of digging up the truth here and I think Sherlock Holmes would have been proud of him :D . In any case, we not have the truth as well as the full story and the 2 of you made a great team in getting this for us :D . It's a nice spanking panel and captured the action pretty well, I thought. She is obviously kicking and struggling although I do wish the dialog had indicated how much the spanking hurt as well as the drawing did. The OTK position is pretty good with her bottom well placed over his right knee, emphasizing how nicely rounded it is :D . The only problem I have with it is that his legs are spread too much. Anyway, this is a good spanking find and I appreciate the work it took to bring it to us :D .

Thanks to Dan for the nicely colored version of Superman spanking a naughty girl :D . I thought web-ed's comment that the coloring brought this panel to life was right on the money :lol: . Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
I'm glad you liked them, Phil. As to my original mis-identification of Hollywood Johnnie, I'm reminded of the words of Mayor LaGuardia of New York City a while back: "When I make a mistake, it's a whopper!" :lol: As you and I think everyone else here knows, I take pride in the manner in which spanking material - especially from comics - is presented. I use a variety of resources, both books and online, such as Steranko's History of Comics, Maurice Horn's Encyclopedia of Comics, books published by Marvel and DC, etc. to make sure CSR readers get the whole story. And because of my considerable experience and good memory, I'm pretty good at drawing inferences regarding authorship, etc.

In the case of Hollywood Johnnie, all I had to work with was the spanking panel which I believe I found on one of JimC's Yahoo spanking groups (everybody remembers such groups, right?). And there was "Kerry Drake" lettered in bold, which seemed dispositive but wasn't. In fact, we'll see next week that the original newspaper editors sometimes goofed as well :oops: with an additional "Kerry Drake" example that Phil S. discovered.

My approach has its drawbacks: both Phil S. and I have been forced to watch in dismay when we've been "scooped" by someone else, usually Andre at SPK Comics, when in actual fact Phil was the first to make the discovery (in most cases). This is nothing against Andre, of course, whose scans we've seen before and will see again, the next time being the close of Super-Spanking Summer. He's a very good researcher, possibly using South American sources, and managed to get a clear scan of a Golden Age spanking I knew about (I believe I was the discoverer within the spanking world) but could not get a good scan of, mainly because the book was scarce and selling for something like $900.00.

Another example is Superman spanking Olivia Hill, which Phil S. had discovered on his own, and which I'll mention in my response to B00m.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:This picture has been one of my favorites for years although her glasses always made me think she was masked and his cigar just made me think it was a mob boss spanking one of his molls and i had never seen the whole story until Phil dug it up. I loved the positioning and the flesh-paddler line seemed to fit my interputation of the scene . i do think seeing the whole scene and the days before and after the strip make for fine reading. Thanks again Phil and web-ed you do make a great team. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Jim
And thanks to you, Jim, for as I mentioned just above, I believe that scan of Hollywood Johnnie was one of the first things I took from that old Yahoo group of yours, although I could be wrong. It was about that time (just before the creation of this board) that we were planning the first Year of the Comic Strip, which I have always been very proud of and which was only possible because of your assistance.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Superman Spanks Olivia Hill

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Dan.
daneldorado wrote:The second toon shows us another beauty (Olivia Hill?) grabbing Superman and planting a warm and grateful kiss on the Man of Steel's lips. Your caption reads:

Superman spanks Olivia Hill in public but it doesn't have the desired affect...evidently a super spanking really leaves the gals euphoric!

Euphoric, huh? Yeah, okay. But again, WHERE is the picture of the spanking itself? It should have been posted here, alongside the picture of Olivia delivering her grateful kiss.
I'm pretty sure that the Superman/Olivia Hill story will show up here, with a full history of the artist and when it was published. However, if you want to see the spanking panel itself, and some of the story that led up to it, you can find that at http://spkcomics.tumblr.com/ It has some decent M/F spankings, but you have to muddle through a lot of other crap to get to them.

Here's the Olivia Hill panels that they have:superman and olivia.jpgHopefully, Sweetspot has one with better resolution and maybe some information on the artist and when this was first published.
Hi B00m:

Yes, Phil S. did find his own copy of this one, and ironically I intended to present it this past week but simply could not get to it. I suppose I had better post it this coming week even if it means delaying something else.

As to SPK Comics, I haven't mentioned it much to CSR readers although I have, of course, given Andre the credit when I've lifted something from there, basically because I hope to surprise people with some of what he has there, and which I either had in my files already, sometimes going back years, or Phil S. discovered (always on his own, just to be clear - he didn't even know about the SPK stuff until relatively recently).

As to the spanking panel, it has been available in Comics Gallery 2 for several years (just as the Prince Valiant / Aleta spanking was, which I'll address when I finally get to Dan's post). For anyone who doesn't want to follow the link, here is the just the panel:

Last point: if anyone wants to reproduce an image here in the discussion forum that's already on CSR, you don't have to bother uploading it - just link to it using this syntax: {img}http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/Directory Name Here/File Name Here{/img}, replacing the curly brackets with square ones. The easiest way to get the picture's address is simply to right-click on it (Windows users) and select "Copy Image Location". That is what I did here - no need to store the same picture twice, after all. :geek:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Objections, Part 1

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Look out now, Web-ed, but I think someone is trying to sabotage your Chicago Spanking Forum!

Just yesterday (July 6), someone posted two cartoons on your website, under "Weekly Updates," and the poster's motives are majorly suspect. The first of these toons shows us that babe-a-licious Aleta from Prince Valiant, and she is moaning to herself as hubby Prince Valiant leaves on a new mission:

"Oh, you magnificent beast! Only come back safely to me once more, and you can spank me as much as you wish!"

Lovely words, and they conjure up some lovely images as we imagine Prince Val putting the beautiful Aleta over his knee once again, or even more than once. But...! WHERE is the goddam picture of the spanking itself? We know it exists. We've seen it. WHY did this poster choose to eliminate it from this post?

The second toon shows us another beauty (Olivia Hill?) grabbing Superman and planting a warm and grateful kiss on the Man of Steel's lips. Your caption reads:

Yes, I know: The rules forbid posting more than two (2) pictures to each message. But that's no impediment. The poster could have posted TWO messages, each containing the spanking pic plus the ancillary panel. But he (I'm assuming it's a he) chose not to do that. Dammit, WHERE are the two missing pics, one of Aleta and one of Olivia, each getting her pretty bottom spanked? It's the sort of thing we come here for, after all.

Dan
Dan - I'm breaking up my response to your concerns up into two separate posts to avoid excessive length - at least, as far as is possible for me ;) .

Sweetspot (and I'll tell you more about him in the next post) probably left off the spanking panels since he knew they were already available over in Comics Gallery 2. He doesn't really like presenting things that other people have found and may have intended to send me another version of the spanking panel to add to the main page. What he was presenting here was something not available there (although I have a copy of the panel with Aleta, it is from a reprint and not an original newspaper printing). The Superman/Olivia panel I re-presented in my post just above for the curious. And to make sure everyone is happy (if possible), here is the page from Prince Valiant, in full color:

Which reminds me: this was a very early post on CSR, and I think I used a primitive digital camera. I really should re-scan this some time - and add Sweetspot's panel as well. :)

That is just my surmise. Phil S., feel free to break in here to correct anything or to amplify on the points I made.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Objections, Part 2

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Look out now, Web-ed, but I think someone is trying to sabotage your Chicago Spanking Forum!
That's not all. In his next message, our mystery poster adds a toon from the comic strip "Archie." No girls in this one, but it shows old Mr. Lodge, out on his fishing boat, along with Archie and Jughead. They've accidentally dropped his fishing flies into the drink, and as they bend over the edge of the boat, Mr. L prepares to smack their rear ends with a large oar.

Now I ask you. Is this poster one of us, or is he a closet X/M spanko? Earlier this year, this pervert had the nerve to post a cartoon of a woman spanking a man on these pages. You, Web-ed, did not comment on that, and I don't know why not; but watch out. This guy is back, and he's trying to introduce a whole new perspective to your website. Are you going to do anything about it, or are you prepared to lose every one of your M/F fans?

Dan
First, let me come to Sweetspot's defense (we often call him Phil S. on this board to distinguish him from Phil Overbarrel although his user name on the board is "Sweetspot"). I've known who he was as a spanking researcher for a while now, although the details are hazy in my memory - we had some correspondence and I had seen his name on another spanking site, probably Chross's board. Last fall - I think it was in October - he began sending me a truly incredible series of his discoveries made while researching old newspapers (we can pass over his exact methods here). In the end, it came to something like 200 separate scans, or 1/30 of the total in the entire CSR "Vault" :o And this number really understates the relative importance of the material: although it contains some missed opportunities, it also contained a large amount of absolutely first-rate material, including the Oaky Doaks spanking storyline and the fifth spanking from Abbie an' Slats - something you yourself had wanted to see for years!

It is thanks to Phil's painstaking research and his generosity in sharing his finds with me that I am able to bring them to you and CSR's other readers, and given that my old sources of strips (as opposed to Golden Age comic books) had dried up or been pulled off the 'net, I seriously doubt that I would have lived long enough to discover most of them myself. Even Andre did not have most of them.

As to X/M spankings, it's something that he and I must have discussed at some point, however briefly, because these things are unavoidable in any research program. Without looking through all our old correspondence, as best I remember his reaction to it is, to use the modern vernacular, "Meh". Note that in presenting the unfortunate Archie paddling, Phil was being sympathetic to me and my dismay at recently discovering the Weatherbee / Dilton Doily paddling. The plain fact is that the serious researcher into Archie spankings (there's probably four of us: Phil, myself, Bishop Berkeley, and Robin), while hoping to find Betty or Veronica OTK, quickly learns that in the early issues at least Archie and Jughead are in constant fear of getting spanked by their fathers and the Archie also got spanked by his mother (when he was Little Archie) and paddled by Reggie, who also spanked some kid named Souphead (another of my discoveries, alas :( ).

I don't remember the earlier F/M picture. I went back to the beginning of the year on this thread and couldn't find it. In any case, it should be obvious that Phil S. (whom we appointed to the prestigious but sadly unremunerated position of Chief Comic Strip Researcher :ugeek: ) is not trying to introduce a F/M or M/M perspective to CSR, which remains overwhelmingly X/F, but rather is trying to find new comic strip spankings, especially those that someone recalled fondly. That is how we got Abbie an' Slats #5, Diana Dane, the Oaky Doaks storyline (which I think in its way will remain unsurpassed in comic spanking history as an extended plot that revolved around spanking), and the many others that still await us.

O.K., this has gone on nearly forever, but when one of our most dedicated and senior readers and contributors is concerned about something, then I'm concerned as well. Perhaps I should make some final remarks about F/M material.

In response to a suggestion that I think you yourself made, I have warning labels attached to all or at least most of the F/M material on CSR. I'm no longer going to link to new F/M stuff from the Home Page, and I think all such material is segregated. Finally, I don't even list the F/M Humorama cartoons in the Humorama Spanking Data Base. That should indicate that I give this material third-class status at CSR, and I've certainly aroused the ire of a few F/M fans for these reasons. At the same time, I'm not going to institute a ban, and therefore anyone who wants to post this type of material can as long as it meets CSR's other standards. I have some F/M material in the vault - not much - and yes, it's going to be posted some day, but it's going to be put off a long time and done without fanfare when I finally do get to it.

Whoooo - is that tiring! I hope I've addressed your concerns adequately.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-ed:

Because I still have respect for you, I will take your word for it, that you

"don't remember the earlier F/M picture. I went back to the beginning of the year on this thread and couldn't find it."

But I can find it, because i know exactly where to look. Normally, to prove my point I would make a copy of that pic and send it to you as proof that your new "Chief Comic Strip Researcher" does indeed like that sort of filth. But I would rather not get my fingers dirty.

Your lengthy discourse about the Archie/Jughead paddling not being really X/M does not satisfy me; and frankly, I am surprised that it seems to satisfy you. Your Chief Researcher is -- in my considered opinion -- simply laying the groundwork before introducing a robust series of male spankees here on our beloved CSR. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Dan
hugob00m

X/m stuff

Post by hugob00m »

There's been a controversy about the inclusion of some panels that show males getting spanked.

I don't like M/M pictures at all, but I can tolerate one old Bob Montana Archie strip, if it's posted just to illustrate a point. It's an unfortunate fact that in the old Archie strips, boys got spanked a lot more often than girls.

About F/M spankings, I can be a little more tolerant with those than I am with M/M... especially if it's a temporary situation! If a woman gets to spank the man once at the beginning of the story, it helps to establish her position as an authority figure, and increases the humiliation when the tables are finally turned.

I did an F/M panel once in an O.T. Katie story, and everybody hated it, but the reason I did it was that it gave her a temporary sense of superiority over her male co-worker... which, of course didn't last for long!

In the "let him who is without sin..." category, I should point out that the first F/m panel I ever saw in this forum was this one:
spanky sal gives a spanking.jpg
spanky sal gives a spanking.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
I think it proves my point that letting a woman give a spanking early in the story can multiply her humiliation when she herself gets spanked later. In this strip some of the children got to watch their substitute teacher get a spanking from the principal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

hugob00m wrote:

In the "let him who is without sin..." category, I should point out that the first F/m panel I ever saw in this forum was this one:

You seem to be saying that I shouldn't be complaining about pictures of males getting spanked, since I began one of my Spanky Sal stories with a pic of Sal spanking a young boy. But what you did not say is that that panel was followed by a couple of panels like this:

Makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.
daneldorado wrote: But what you did not say is that that panel was followed by a couple of panels like this:
Well, actually, the point I was making was that an F/m or F/M panel can help to establish a woman as an authority figure, so that it's all the more humiliating when she herself gets spanked. I did say that later in the strip some of the children from Sal's class got to see the spanking she got from the principal. And as we see in the final panel, they got a good laugh when they noticed that she couldn't sit down the rest of the day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Cool, b00m, cool.

Your message to me, which seemed to be an accusation of hypocrisy on my part, came in at 7:35 am in my time zone. I assumed your message would be read by multiple other members of this forum, who might then "fire at will" in my direction. That's why, after I woke up, I quickly retrieved those old Spanky Sal pictures and sent them back to you... in my defense, as it were.

So: Sal the teacher spanked a boy, but then got her own fanny walloped in return. That's justice. But please note that in the X/M toons I've been complaining about, there is NO retribution, just the image of a male getting spanked and that's supposed to be the joke.

Well, it's no joke to me. This forum is supposed to feature females on the receiving end, not males. Even Web-ed said words to that effect when he first created this website.

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Spanky Sal and justice

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.

Regarding your old Spanky Sal strip that began with Sal giving a spanking...
daneldorado wrote:So: Sal the teacher spanked a boy, but then got her own fanny walloped in return. That's justice.
It occurred to me that the boy she spanked in the grade-school classroom was never called by his first name, just the "Hudson boy". Tommy, in your later one-panel cartoons, is never called by a last name. What if that was the same boy: "Tommy Hudson"? Maybe when he got that spanking all those years ago, he was framed by another student and the teacher was too quick to assume his guilt? THAT might provide some incentive for him to track down and spank his former teacher as soon as he got big enough to do so.

I think that might be a valid scenario for your characters. And what starts out to be a revenge spanking turns onto a recreational spanking after they learn that it excites them both for her to be turned over his knee!

Maybe?
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The fellow student who framed him was revealed in another strip as Boom's OT Katie, whose derriere got it good in Tommy's revenge.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, WillJohn.
willjohn wrote:The fellow student who framed him was revealed in another strip as Boom's OT Katie, whose derriere got it good in Tommy's revenge.
That was a different Tommy, who lives in an alternate universe... the one Katie lives in. However, the same idea might work for Dan's Tommy.

Now that you bring it up, I used a character that I called "Tommy Hudson", who was inspired by Dan's "Tommy". My story was a flashback to 1994. It was about Katie, at the age of eighteen, getting spanked for the first time in her life by a boy she had gone to school with.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

...who she identified as Tommy Hudson who was spanked by Spanky Sue.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Why is the board three weeks behind?
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 07/14/2017

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Why is the board three weeks behind?
Because ol' Web-Ed here is overworked, that's why :lol: !

Actually, it looks like there's been more controversy since I last visited some time ago, but I haven't had time to even read those posts yet. I will get to them momentarily and (I hope) soothe any ruffled feathers if I can, but before I get even further behind, I'd better present this week's updates:
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with the second of a very strange two-part "Kerry Drake" mini-series in which this time it's the newspaper's mistake: what they called "Kerry Drake" (twice!) was in reality Jeff Cobb, an investigative reporter who paddles the daylights out of a bad girl! This is a brand-new, never-before-seen spanking discovered by Sweetspot.
  • Both that series and Super-Spanking Summer continue with the super-hero who can deliver a super-spanking better than anyone else, Superman, as we revisit Superman spanks Olivia Hill. New scans from Sweetspot and Andre. :)
Sweetspot's material, by its excellent nature, demands the utmost in planning, preparation, and execution. That means time for research, layouts, and commentary. That in turn, coupled with my own insistence on doing another Super-Spanking Summer, led to me falling behind last week, when I failed to prepare the Superman/Olivia Hill scene. B00m presented the scan from SPK (let's just note again that Phil S. does not take anything from there but did his research independently) last week as a courtesy to CSR readers, and with the cat out of the bag, so to speak, I decided to really hustle and get Phil S.'s scans out this week. Of course I'm still a week behind schedule with SSS, but that's just the way it will have to be. Whether it can be made up or not before the end of summer I don't know.

I'm sure there will be little controversy over this week's Jeff Cobb spanking - it's a fine scene and up until now unknown to the spanko world. Chalk up another great discovery for CSR Chief of Strip Research Phil S. :ugeek: !

Next week we begin another mini-series with Etta Kett: Phil S. has discovered five separate spankings in that strip, and we'll see them one after another during the next five weeks. Super-Spanking Summer will continue with (I hope) the Marcy/Lois Lane spanking originally scheduled for today. :)
-- Web-Ed