Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:i knew that publications such as Humorama reprinted their own material but it hadn't dawned on me that drawings might be reprinted in different publications. was the reprinted page purchased by the company wanting to use it or perhaps the companies were owned by the same people? if you have more information on just how this worked, i'd appreciate it.
Reprints in comics have always been rather complicated I'm afraid, Phil. The very earliest comic books were in fact reprints - of comic strips. Later on, companies of course could and did reprint their own material, but in general, reprints didn't sell as well as new material. DC published some all-reprint 80-Page Giants in the 60's, and in the 70's did a number of 100-page Super-Spectaculars that typically had a lead story (say Batman or Justice League) which was new material followed by reprints, say from the 50's or 60's. They also sometimes included reprints of the old Quality stories (for example, Kid Eternity) that they purchased from Quality when it ceased publication in 1956. Marvel became so popular in the 70's that it had some all-reprint titles such as Marvel's Greatest Comics (Fantastic Four reprints), Marvel Tales (2nd run, Spider-Man reprints), and Marvel Triple-Action (Avengers reprints). So in modern times we see that companies both reprinted their own material and that of other companies which they had bought.

But in this case, the company was the mysterious Star Publications, about which very little is known. They clearly must have purchased the rights to at least some of Fox's material, but exactly how much is not known. I haven't found any of their corporate records online, and it's possible they no longer exist in the State of New York because Star went out of business so many years ago (my guess is 1957). It's possible that the owners were related to Victor Fox somehow, although I think it more likely they were people who had some past connection to comics who decided to go into business for themselves and just negotiated reprint rights with Fox, which had filed for bankruptcy in 1950 (Fox itself contracted out its actual production to the Eisner & Eiger Studio). But the times were against them, and all the small publishers went down by 1957 after the collapse of American News Corporation, on whom they were dependent for their distribution.

One good thing about reprints is how many spankings have been reprinted! Many would have remained unknown for years, perhaps even to the present day, had they not been reprinted. And as Fox had a lot of Good Girl Art, we can be happy that Star somehow came to reprint some of their comics. I personally am still hoping to find the unscanned issues of Star's Popular Teen-Agers and also determine where they were first printed. Who knows - there may yet be another unknown spanking scene lurking out there :) !
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!! When I first saw this spanking from Crimes By Women I though it was going to be a feature story :lol: only it turn out to be a law from the past :lol: which I believe still should be around and never change :D anyway how can a comic Call Crimes By Women don`t have a few spanking in it! :lol: certainly some of these bad girls needed a trip across the knee! like in real life :lol: how many female criminals you seen on tv or read about that you wish would got a spanking than sent to jail! mostly for minor offence :D The otk in this comic is good and the look of the woman`s face shows that she in for a good spanking plus the guy got that grin saying he going to enjoy giving it to her :lol: can`t figure why the artist gave the husband a Umbrella to spank with instead of a hairbrush with is a great tool to use when spanking otk! you said they was talking about how thick a cane have to be to punish your wife could it also mean a switch or paddle? I once read in a news story that in some Country over in the Middle East that in oder for a man to cane a female he must place a Koran under his arm so that the blows wouldn`t land so hard on her bottom :lol: THANKS FOR ANOTHER GOOD SCAN AND HOPE THAT THERE IS SOME GREAT SPANKING FROM COMICS long pass I KNOW THEY`re out there!!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Reprints in comics have always been rather complicated I'm afraid, Phil. The very earliest comic books were in fact reprints - of comic strips.
hi web-ed,

very interesting..............i had no idea this was the case. come to think of it though, some of those strips were continuing stories so i guess it might have been a natural evolution.
web-ed wrote: Later on, companies of course could and did reprint their own material, but in general, reprints didn't sell as well as new material. DC published some all-reprint 80-Page Giants in the 60's, and in the 70's did a number of 100-page Super-Spectaculars that typically had a lead story (say Batman or Justice League) which was new material followed by reprints, say from the 50's or 60's. They also sometimes included reprints of the old Quality stories (for example, Kid Eternity) that they purchased from Quality when it ceased publication in 1956. Marvel became so popular in the 70's that it had some all-reprint titles such as Marvel's Greatest Comics (Fantastic Four reprints), Marvel Tales (2nd run, Spider-Man reprints), and Marvel Triple-Action (Avengers reprints). So in modern times we see that companies both reprinted their own material and that of other companies which they had bought.
this makes sense too. i hadn't exactly thought about them buying other companies but it did occur to me that they might have bought some comics from other companies to use for their own purposes........and as long as you are buying out a defunct company, you might as well try to make some extra money on the material the purchased.
web-ed wrote:But in this case, the company was the mysterious Star Publications, about which very little is known. They clearly must have purchased the rights to at least some of Fox's material, but exactly how much is not known. I haven't found any of their corporate records online, and it's possible they no longer exist in the State of New York because Star went out of business so many years ago (my guess is 1957). It's possible that the owners were related to Victor Fox somehow, although I think it more likely they were people who had some past connection to comics who decided to go into business for themselves and just negotiated reprint rights with Fox, which had filed for bankruptcy in 1950 (Fox itself contracted out its actual production to the Eisner & Eiger Studio). But the times were against them, and all the small publishers went down by 1957 after the collapse of American News Corporation, on whom they were dependent for their distribution.

interesting theory that they had some past connection and were just trying to find a way to basically stay in the business at a bad time although it sounds like it didn't do them much good. it all makes good sense though...........and you were right, it is all complicated :lol:
web-ed wrote:One good thing about reprints is how many spankings have been reprinted! Many would have remained unknown for years, perhaps even to the present day, had they not been reprinted. And as Fox had a lot of Good Girl Art, we can be happy that Star somehow came to reprint some of their comics. I personally am still hoping to find the unscanned issues of Star's Popular Teen-Agers and also determine where they were first printed. Who knows - there may yet be another unknown spanking scene lurking out there :) !
it does seem like we owe he folks at Star a vote of thanks. from what you say, they had the good taste to chose spanking material to reprint :D ............or perhaps just the good sense to know that spankings would be popular :lol: . i hope you're right about more spanking scenes lurking out there. thanks for the expanded explanation. it was all very interesting. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

It's unfortunate that the artist who drew the cartoon chose an umbrella for a spanking implement... but maybe that was a deliberate attempt to downplay the erotic nature of a husband/wife spanking... and by doing so, slip something past the censors.

I have long suspected that of being the reason for the use of a shovel in McLintock!

About the D.C. Comics' reprints, I for one was glad that they re-used their stories over and over, since I missed the first printing of the story that has Lois getting her one-and-only spanking. I think they did at least two reprints of it. Too bad it was a @#$% robot and not Superman himself who put Lois over his knee, but at least, in those two panels Lois was getting her bottom warmed by something that looked like Superman. Why a robot and not Superman himself? Maybe another ploy to get past the censors?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:It's unfortunate that the artist who drew the cartoon chose an umbrella for a spanking implement... but maybe that was a deliberate attempt to downplay the erotic nature of a husband/wife spanking... and by doing so, slip something past the censors.

I have long suspected that of being the reason for the use of a shovel in McLintock!

About the D.C. Comics' reprints, I for one was glad that they re-used their stories over and over, since I missed the first printing of the story that has Lois getting her one-and-only spanking. I think they did at least two reprints of it. Too bad it was a @#$% robot and not Superman himself who put Lois over his knee, but at least, in those two panels Lois was getting her bottom warmed by something that looked like Superman. Why a robot and not Superman himself? Maybe another ploy to get past the censors?
Lois' only on-panel spanking occurred in Lois Lane #14 (January 1960) (she gets it off-panel from Lex Luthor in The World of Metropolis #2, the story of which may be found in The Comic Book and Superhero Spanking Forum on this board). It was reprinted in Superman #187 (June 1966), The Great Superman Comic Book Collection (1981), and Showcase Presents: Superman Family #3 (2009). There was also a German-language reprint in 1967.

"Why a robot and not Superman himself?" B00m asks. There are two answers: first, it could have been a ploy to get past the censors as B00m suggests since, as I have documented, there was a terrible dearth of comic-book spankings during the 1956-66 reign of Mrs. Guy Percy Trulock as Comics Code Administrator. (See The Effects of the Comics Code on Comics Spanking, Part 3). Second, Superman Family editor Mort Weisinger did not think that Superman should spank Lois, despite numerous requests from readers! (See the amazing story in The Lois Lane Spanking Letters). Weisinger's horribly-mistaken belief was that children should be spanked and adult women shouldn't, leaving us with all-too-many Super-Tot spankings, three of which I discovered myself to my great displeasure, and all-too-few M/F spankings in the Superman Family of titles (that one of Lana Lang got through probably because it was a parental discipline scene). Luckily, Weisinger didn't edit Batman as well, or we might never have had the great scene with Marcia Monroe getting her fanny paddled in 1966 (another reprinted spanking, by the way, ten years later in 1976).
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/04/2014

Post by web-ed »

It's the first of four special updates this month as we celebrate our 10th Anniversary on the web! That's a lot of spanking :lol: !
For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Years ago, we wrote an introduction to a treatise on The Whys of Spanking - then we got so busy posting spanking material we never finished writing the thing! Well, we're writing it now as one of our central features in 2014, so here is the new introduction. We'll see Chapter 1 next week.
  • Comics Update: Michael sent us new scans of the 1949 spanking panel in Alley Oop, as well as some surrounding dailies to put in in context.
  • And since we're on the subject of Alley Oop, Michael also sent us a scene by Tim that should have taken place in that long-running comic strip, Bottom Marks in History.
  • CSR New Discoveries: Lt. Lank spanks Queen Ursula in his long-forgotten strip. Not a great scene because the artist chose to black out the figures, but the spanking technically does take place on-camera and it's always good to see a queen taken down a peg by being turned OTK.
In another topic on this forum, I've listed all CSR contributors I could remember, with my thanks.

Next Week: the party continues and you won't want to miss it :D !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

WOW! it looks like you've got all kinds of different spanking treats for us this month :D . i just read the introduction to "the Whys of Spanking" and it all sounds interesting. i'll be looking forward to chapter one next week :D . i'm betting you have some interesting ideas and insights into all this and i'm looking forward to seeing how well it all matches up with thoughts i've had about it ;) . i knew Alley Oop had been around a long time but i didn't know it went back to 1932. it looks like the spanking you've shown here was drawn about a month before i was born :o :lol: . that certainly is a much better scan of the spanking scene than the old one. somehow i would have thought cave men would have been into bare bottom spanking but i guess that wasn't acceptable to depict in 1949 :lol: . thanks for the story that goes with this one............it's always more fun when we know the reason for the spanking :D ...........and thanks to Michael for the new scan and the other strips. i was going to comment that i wished Alley Oop would have spanked Ooola too but i see Tim has taken care of this oversight for us :D . from the way she's kicking, struggling and crying, it does indeed look like Alley is spanking the daylights out of her :D . a good cave man spanking for sure although i still think that a cave man would have spanked her bare bottom :lol: . Oop looks like he's irritated about something too so that's another indication of just how good a spanking is it 8-) . good OTK position in this one :D and i just love the puzzled dinosaurs in the background :lol: . my opinion is that there's always room for a bit of humor even if the spankee is getting her bottom thoroughly blistered 8-) . thanks to Michael and Tim too. Lt. Lank is another great CSR first even if the spanking scene did leave something to be desired :D . it was a very satisfying story though and i'm sure glad we had the set up so we knew what the spanking was for. as you commented, it's the kind of spanking we like to see because she gets what she deserves and gets taken down a peg 8-) . your speculation about why the spanking scene was blacked out was interesting too. i didn't know they did that just to save time although that may not have been the reason in this case. i guess we'll never know for sure. this was a great start for our 10th anniversary celebration :D . thanks too for the previews of the next 3 weeks............i'll be eagerly looking forward to them :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! WOW!! 10 YEARS Amazing 8-) Was the artist so afraid of the comic code that he decided to blackout what could`ve have been a great spanking scene of Queen Ursula by Lt.Lank :x The set up was good with the headstrong firey Queen took down a peg ! this would have been much better if view by witnesses :lol: the best part of this panel is that we get a close up of Ursula face as she scream for the guards to save her assassin assassin :lol: can`t understand why Lt. Lank would perfer himself to be a mother rather than father as he was about to up end her otk :twisted: anyway good spanking drawing even though it was blackout ! Good to see a Tim drawing 8-) been awhile and as always a Great one :D featuring Alley OOP and OOOLA :twisted: Seeing a Cave Man spank a women is far better than seeing him hit her over the head with his club :lol: the over the knees in the drawing is good with OOOLa lgs flairing in air! Alley OOP hand is powerful being he a Caveman so I know it must be hurting OOOLA very large round rear! WOW!! those pants she wearing is really tight :D Like this Drawing from Tim! be good to see a drawing of Fred Flintstone spanking his wife Wilma otk :lol: Thumbs up to Micheal for his scan of Alley OOP `s KIng Wur spanking his daughter 8-) now this is a spanking!Bad girl across her daddy lap getting it good :lol: this girl indeed have a plump tush! can`t believe this spanking last an entire day OUCH! notice her brother was thrown in jail :lol: seem that back then no matter how wicket or evil a woman was a spanking was the best cure :lol: FANTASTIC DRAWING!!!!!!!!can`t wait to read The Whys Of Spanking 8-) I for one believe spankos are born or even inherit from are parents maybe a Father or Mother! anyway can`t wait! THANKS 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Great week!
web-ed wrote:Comics Update: Michael sent us new scans of the 1949 spanking panel in Alley Oop, as well as some surrounding dailies to put in in context.
And since we're on the subject of Alley Oop, Michael also sent us a scene by Tim that should have taken place in that long-running comic strip, Bottom Marks in History.
I had seen the Alley Oop strip before, but it was a very low-resolution scan compared with the one you've just posted, and now you've given us some of the context of the spanking. It's too bad that the original comic didn't feature a spanking given to Oola, :( :( :( :( but at least Tim has done somthing to correct that omission (as well as correcting Oola herself, it seems! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
web-ed wrote:CSR New Discoveries: Lt. Lank spanks Queen Ursula in his long-forgotten strip. Not a great scene because the artist chose to black out the figures, but the spanking technically does take place on-camera and it's always good to see a queen taken down a peg by being turned OTK.
This is why I eagerly check for the C.S.R. updates every week! Another first! Although it's true that we only get a silhouette of the actual spanking in progress, the story leading up to it is a fun little read! There was a time, as you've pointed out, that evil queens (who were almost always beautiful as well as powerful) could be dealt with by a strong male hand applied to their royal posteriors! To bad that philosophy hasn't continued to the modern fairy-tale T.V. series, Once Upon A Time! (That show has a very beutiful evil queen, played by an actress named Lana Parilla, that I would LOVE to see turned over a man's knee!)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/11/2014

Post by web-ed »

This week: the 10th Anniversary bash continues! For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.

Before I get to the updates I want to mention that our Resident Artists, Dan, B00m, and Phil have all been active lately so if you haven't checked out their galleries in a while, be sure to do so. I can't provide three links here because of the two-link limit, but you can get there from the Board Index page.
  • One of our central features in 2014 is going to be a series of articles explaining the Whys of Spanking. This week, we start at the beginning by examining the question What is Spanking?. And no, the answer is not so obvious as it might seem.
  • Many times we have lamented missed opportunities for spankings in comics - we even have a topic devoted to this subject on this bulletin board. But David Sherwood decided to do more than lament - he actually did something about it! After a mother-like robot spanked a male character in Aristocratic Xtraterrestrial Time-Travelling Thieves #3, there was apparently an off-panel spanking of a female character, Bianca, as well. He commissioned two pages that show Bianca's spanking - a truly unique item!
  • CSR New Discoveries: We've featured a lot of secretary spankings as part of the Humorama Series, but this time we found one in the comic strip Somebody's Stenog.
Next Week: The merriment continues (so does the spanking :lol:) with new fiction from MD, another new comics discovery, and the re-discovery (after 34 years!) of an item I lost track of back in the 80's!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i can see you have put a lot of research into your article, "What is Spanking" and you've uncovered a lot of complexity along the way. Neither of these is at all unexpected ;) . i will say that i enjoyed not only your observations but also the conclusions you drew and yeah, there was quite a bit of this that i hadn't really ever thought about. i liked your theory that a spanking is a violation of an off limits region and i would agree that is undoubtedly part of it for spankers, spankees and onlooker. there's just something about having physical or even visual access to something you're not supposed to that's appealing and in the case of the bottom, there's a certain sexual element to it also. it's kind of like men enjoying a peek under a woman's dress...........or the women intentionally allowing such a peek and pretending not to notice. not only does the spanker get temporary access to the spankee;s bottom but so also do any onlookers in a bit more indirect way.............which may be a partial explanation of why folks do get a certain satisfaction from watching a spanking. i have it on good authority that women like to show off their bodies but don't want to be thought of as a show off so birthday spanks or spanks in a party setting like fig. 1.01 allow them to draw attention to their bottoms without being thought poorly of. i also liked your statement that "spanking is a decidedly ambiguous activity whose exact meaning depends upon the circumstances and the people involved." man! you said a mouth full there :D . i'll be eagerly awaiting your analysis of whether hard core spankos are made or born. i must say that i do like the ending the David Sherwood came up with for the Aristocratic Xtraterrestrial Time-Traveling Thieves :D . much better than the original ending ;) . we get looks at several expressions on Bianca's face from worry to indignation to tears of pain..............not only that be he gave us several looks at her body too, especially her bottom 8-) . thanks to David for sending this for us and thanks to you for getting the information and the presentation ready for us :D . Somebody's Stenog is a great CSR first :D ! the drawing is cartoony and isn't as erotically drawn as some of the Humorama ones but i still think it's a good drawing. i think Hayward has really captured the action of this spanking nicely. it appears to me that our spanker has gotten the spanking going almost as soon as she lands on his lap. not bad for a spanker whose feet don't even touch the floor when he's seated :lol: i love her expression of shock too and both of these things indicate just how big a surprise this spanking is for her :D . i loved all the information and history you provided with this one :D . i found it all extremely interesting. it's all stuff i would never have known if you hadn't provided it and to me, it just makes this CSR first even more wonderful ;) . great updates again :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!!!!!!! For a Little Guy Sam Smithers certainly knows how to spank a female bottom :lol: even though his feet doesn`t touches the floor he seem to have Miss Cam O`Flage planted firmly over his knees :D Alway great to see a sectretary get spanked 8-) GREAT COMIC SPANKING! WOW!! Aristacratic Xtraterrestrail Time Travelling Thieves #3 that a lot of words for a comic book :lol: anyway I never saw this comic before ! BIG THUMBS UP TO DAVID SHERWOOD for showing us what have to be one of the most exciting bare bottom spanking of a young woman by a machine 8-) Bianca does have a nice plump bottom and seeing it being spanked is hot! MOM really is tanning her bottom :lol: if only this panel was in color :lol:Like this spanking drawing 8-) What is Spanking? what this should say is What turns us on about the act of spanking a bottom mainly females :D sure fun spanking are nice via birthday spanking foreplay or the sly pat of a secretary`s shapely rump!But what about a true punishment spanking one the spankee doesn`t enjoy why is seeing that a turn on? I for one get turn on by watching real discipline spanking especially when it being done to grown women wife secretary or any other head strong lady! plus the act of seeing a woman humiliated add to the turn on! unlike young girls giving a discipline spanking to a woman in her 30`s or 40`s for something she done wrong or for being headstrong knocks her down a peg!and just watching or doing this to her make me more excited than ever! don`t get me wrong I like seeing or giving a lady a fun spanking in play but it the real one that is fantastic :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! A better-than usual update this week with an article a commissioned work based on an out-of-frame spanking in an old comic, and an actual previously-unknown spanking panel in another old comic!
web-ed wrote:CSR New Discoveries: We've featured a lot of secretary spankings as part of the Humorama Series, but this time we found one in the comic strip Somebody's Stenog.
I especially like this one! Poor Cam just tried to help her boss out of a scrape, but her solution got him beat up and earned her a trip over his knee! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's thi kind of thing that might've happened to Katie... IF I had thought of it! (Maybe... I can come up with something similar without doing an outright rip-off!)
web-ed wrote:One of our central features in 2014 is going to be a series of articles explaining the Whys of Spanking. This week, we start at the beginning by examining the question What is Spanking?. And no, the answer is not so obvious as it might seem.
A well-written inteligent treatise on a subject we hold near and dear to our hearts!

I tried to read the description of what you go through to post your stuff... and my eyes began to swim! That's something I couldn't do! I'm glad you're able to figure it out! Thanks again for all the hard work you do... especailly after I have some idea how much hard work it is!
web-ed wrote:Before I get to the updates I want to mention that our Resident Artists, Dan, B00m, and Phil have all been active lately so if you haven't checked out their galleries in a while, be sure to do so. I can't provide three links here because of the two-link limit, but you can get there from the Board Index page.
Thanks for the plug! I posted a story last month for Romantic Spankings Month, so if anyone hasn't read it yet, or has looked at it, but hasn't commented yet, I'd like your opinions... on my latest story, and on the O.T. Katie series in general. There'll be another one soon.
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

this weeks updates have been terrific. I really enjoyed the article The Whys of Spanking.....very informative. and I thought I knew how hard you worked on CSR but after trying to read what you have to do to give us all that we enjoy, and i'm with B00m, my brain started spinning, and I didn't really understand, except to know that you do indeed work hard! I look forward to next week, and all the weeks to come.

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/18/2014

Post by web-ed »

This week: the 10th Anniversary bash continues! For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.

Before I get to the updates, I want to mention that Wolfie138 has contributed a great fake of Purgatori Spanking Lady Death under the "Fakes" topic on the Comic-Book Spanking forum. Lady D's bottom goes from ghost white to Devil's red in no time, so be sure to check it out!
  • I've never emphasized spanking fiction here because there are other sites devoted completely to it, but on the other hand I've published a number of quality pieces over the years by different authors. For our anniversary I've selected a story by MD, A Promise Kept.
  • On several occasions, I've published spankings I had known about for many years but no one else in the spanko world seemed to have even suspected existed, and last year I managed to relocate one in a humor magazine I first discovered 34 years ago - and then lost!
  • CSR New Discoveries: There are several different kinds of spanking in comic books and strips. Not the sexiest but still one of the more fun types is Hero Spanks Bad Girl, and I found a new example of it: Ace Carter Spanks Fatima.
Next Week: You'll really want to be here for the soul-stirring conclusion of our month-long 10th-Anniversary Bash :) ! We're going to see a romance comic in which a guy spanks his girlfriend's sister, a brand-new Humorama Secretary Spanking, and a spanking from Route 66:
  • One more romance comic-book spanking like the four we did in February, never before seen!
  • The Humorama Series: a monumental undertaking to display all the great Humorama spanking cartoons that some readers probably prefer even to our famous comic-book stuff. After running continuously for 2 1/2 years, I halted it temporarily last August when I ran out of material, but I've found several more cartoons since then, and so I'm going to revive the series for one week only, long enough to bring you Secretary Spanking #42!
  • Video: I managed to capture a better-quality version of the little-known spanking scene from the American television series Route 66, and not content to rest there I've accompanied it with probably the longest critical commentary in spanking site history! I managed to drag in two additional video clips, discussions of dramatic technique and naturalism in television, the music of Nelson Riddle (I even transcribed his theme music!), the movie The Wolf Man, the Batman and The Fugitive TV series, and another, non-spanking episode of Route 66 that guest-starred Julie Newmar! It's an unbelievable tour de force, but if my commentary isn't to your taste, you can always just watch the spanking as Martin Milner lays down the law to Diane Baker! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Nice spanking story A Promise Kept :D Melissa seem to me a very nice woman only I wish she been a little more firey and headstrong :lol: Good to see Dave her husband made her wait for her punishment giving her plenty of time to think about it 8-) all in all this is a pretty nice Romantic spanking story :!: never heard of Sick Magazine before ? plus the spanking it showing is really wierd :twisted: both the spanker and spankee look like eggs but the female have a pert rump too bad this wasn`t otk :lol: don`t like the position she in!better if she was bent over something while being paddle.Like Isaid never saw this magazine before but it kinda remind me of Mad or Crack!!! Good spanking drawing! WHAT WAS THE ARTIST THINKING IN ACE CARTER :x This woman Fatima should have got the spanking of her life! talk about miss chances this was it! not only is Fatima a bad girl she also very curvy with a big spankable bottom :x and set up was perfect for a spanking to happen! the one smacker just don`t cut it! she needed to be face down over his lap kicking and screaming as her bottom is being nicely roasted! :lol: also the ending was harsh of her going to be hang for murder! this is why I think a little humor like a spanking would have taking the edge off of a very grim ending! GREAT FIND!! GOOD ONE SMACKER!!! THANKS WEB-ED 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/18/2014

Post by web-ed »

butch wrote: never heard of Sick Magazine before ? plus the spanking it showing is really wierd :twisted: both the spanker and spankee look like eggs but the female have a pert rump too bad this wasn`t otk :lol: ... Like I said never saw this magazine before but it kinda remind me of Mad or Crack!!
That's right, Butch - Sick was supposed to be like MAD, which had been the first humor magazine of its kind (after starting as a 4-color comic). Cracked was the most successful MAD-imitator, and featured a lot of work by Bill Ward. Magazines like Sick and Crazy were less successful, but both managed to hang on for a number of years, probably because they paid low rates and were of course in B & W which lessened production costs. Sick actually went back to 1960 with Joe Simon as its first editor, but that's of little interest here as I don't know of any spankings in its early days.

MAD was really the only one of these I read on a regular basis, but for whatever reason on that day back in 1980 I happened to leaf through that issue of Sick and the rest is history, sort of. The spanking certainly was bizarre, and I'm sure all of us wished the "Marzian" had instead taken his wife OTK, or if he was determined to use that paddle, bent her over properly instead of hanging her upside-down of all things. :x

Not a great item by any means, and if anyone is wondering why I included it as part of the 10th-Anniversary Celebration, the reason is simply that it represents the entire class of weird spanking items that no one except myself would ever have remembered and brought to the attention of the spanko world. It's a lot like The Paddler - more interesting historically than on its pure spanking merits. But that's one of the things I do on CSR, and that's why I included it.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i got a chuckle from the pic of the spanking eggs held in place by the holes in the paddle :lol: . i have to figure that was done by a true spanko. i guess any holiday can be a good spanking holiday :D . i thought "A Promise Kept" was a very good short story :D it was a romantic story with a spanking included and it goes to show you that even a punishment spanking can still very erotic ;) . keeping such promises can often lead to the kind of reconnection they felt at the end so i thought it was well named too :D . considering the "egg headed" marzians in the spanking scene from Sick magazine, i guess that could be appropriate for Easter too :lol: . it is indeed a strange scene and i don't think i'll be trying that suspended spankee position any time soon :lol: . i am glad you found this though. it must be especially satisfying to locate this after so many years. i enjoyed the discussion about Mad , Cracked and Sick that you did and also the additional information you did in reply to Butch. i find all this history to be really fascinating. i used to read Mad and i have also had a few issues of the others along the way. thanks for taking the time to gather all this information for us. it just adds a lot to the pics for me :D . it's too bad there was only one swat in the Soldiers of Fortune spanking. i never was into this kind of comic so i'm not familiar with this comic but i'm glad you are :lol: . after reading the story, she could certainly have used a damn good spanking rather than just one swat..............and with something more appropriate than a rifle butt. still, he did get to at least give her that and our hero wins in the end. it also adds to the growing list of CSR firsts and also to the variety of different spanking types that you have given us :D . more great anniversary updates this week. i'll be looking forward to next week :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Well now! you've found yet another previously undiscovered comic book spanking... well... if you can call a tap with a rifle butt a spanking...
web-ed wrote:CSR New Discoveries: There are several different kinds of spanking in comic books and strips. Not the sexiest but still one of the more fun types is Hero Spanks Bad Girl, and I found a new example of it: Ace Carter Spanks Fatima.
That's got to be one of the worst spanking implements I've ever seen! Even worse than an umbrella! And it's a shame too, because Fatima was such a well-drawn attractive woman, with a naughtiness that could've been used as a good excuse for Ace Carter to turn her over his knee and give her a REAL spanking!
web-ed wrote:On several occasions, I've published spankings I had known about for many years but no one else in the spanko world seemed to have even suspected existed, and last year I managed to relocate one in a humor magazine I first discovered 34 years ago - and then lost!
The fact that the spanker and spankee are both big-headed aliens, interferes with the sexiness factor (Even though the female alien is nicely-curved) And then, she's suspended upside0down with a rope or a chain around her ankles. But still, it's an interesting find.
web-ed wrote:I've never emphasized spanking fiction here because there are other sites devoted completely to it, but on the other hand I've published a number of quality pieces over the years by different authors. For our anniversary I've selected a story by MD, A Promise Kept.
I've known that you print a few stories, but I haven't looked at them often. This one is very nice... with a reason that seems quite viable!The young lady was irresponsible and put herself in danger (at least in her man's opinion) and she had to be taught a lesson! I usually prefer something with visuals, but that was a fun story!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Route66 Spanking with Diane Baker

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Hiya Web-ed... Nice updates this week as usual. But I want to talk about something you have promised for next week.

Now, If I read your synopsis clearly, you say you will be posting a clip of the famous Martin Milner/Diane Baker spanking from Route 66 (1963). In your commentary you describe this scene as "little-known," and I can't resist asking you: by whom? Those of us who collect video spanking scenes have seen this one lots of times, most recently in the latest Cinema Swats 7 video.

But I would like to ask your opinion of that scene. At first glance, a viewer would probably decide that this is a fake spanking, because we do not get to see Diane Baker's face in the clip where she is being spanked. Ergo, a body double actually took the smacks while Ms. Baker watched safely, out of view. But one of the blessings of video is that we can analyze it better each time we run the scene back. To me, it looks as if Milner took Ms. Baker by the hand and led her into a room with a table; then he turned her over that table, and spanked her bottom about, oh, three or four times. The fact that the cameraman did not record the spankee's face in the same shot with the spanking tells us, this is probably a "body double" spanking.

Oh, but wait! If you follow the action from the point where Milner grabs the lady's hand to lead her into the next room, you will see that the whole scene appears to be one shot. If we are right and the bottom on the table really is Diane Baker's, we can admire her for her acquiescence in taking those swats.

The reason I still have questions about that scene is that so far, the only copies we've been able to view, have been blurred third or fourth generation copies. But you say that you have that scene in "a better-quality version," and that makes my heart rejoice! Maybe now, after all these years of wondering, we will be able to see for certain if Diane Baker really did get taken to the woodshed!

Probably you will think I am making too much out of this minor scene, but I have watched many films and videos with Diane Baker in them, and to me she always seemed to play stolid women. She was never (to my knowledge) seen as an excitable, animated woman such as Maureen O'Hara or Ida Lupino. So I wondered how Ms. Baker was ever cast in the role of a woman who gets spanked.

Cheers,
Dan
Why did I describe the scene as "little-known"? The truth is I either must not have ever had a copy of Cinema Swats vol. 7, although I have seen vols. 1 - 6, or else I forgot about the Route 66 scene, and when Chross presented it two years ago on his blog, no one seemed to know anything about it - at first even the episode was uncertain. So I figured it was reasonable to describe it as "little-known" to the average contemporary spanko. Remember Dan, you're not exactly average here; few if any other spankos know all the movie and TV spankings you do.

How did Diane Baker get cast in the role? I can't say, but remember, this is not a "feisty woman gets tamed by strong man" sort of spanking - the kind Maureen O'Hara and Ida Lupino were just perfect for :D - this is a pure punishment spanking of a somewhat disturbed troublemaker by a man who has no romantic interest in her.

I believe it is indeed Baker herself who accepts three fairly hard spanks from Martin Milner, who made a good spanker by the way. As you note, the whole scene from the moment Milner leads Baker by the hand from the living room into the kitchen does indeed seem to be one continuous shot (and the fight in the living room which we clearly hear in the background sounds continuous also). I think you'll be pleased when you see the video is just as I have described it: better then the available 3rd or 4th-generation tape copies, since I recorded this direct to a hard drive in digital format from a superior source. Let's take a look now at some stills I extracted for this discussion:

As Milner leads someone through the kitchen door, it certainly looks like Baker.

You can't see her face any more, but the action has been continuous, and I believe it's still Baker at this point.

Baker goes behind Milner here, making it the one point at which a substitution could conceivably have taken place. But I've examined every frame, and Milner is in continuous motion. Also, Baker's shadow is visible on the lower kitchen cabinet doors (painted white) in subsequent frames, and it's clear no substitution takes place.

It's still Diane Baker being bent over the table to take three good whacks from Milner!

And here we see the advantages of digital technology: 20 years ago we simply couldn't do something like this, and the still frames from spanking scenes we used to examine on VHS tapes were always blurry and you couldn't really pause the tape very long without damaging it. They're still a little blurry, but still frames can be extracted now, which was something else you can't do with VHS, at least not without some special equipment.

So why the awkward positioning (not OTK :( ) if Baker herself was going to take the swats anyway? I actually address this question in the page itself (which I wrote a couple of months ago so as not to leave it for the last minute), and I speculate that because this scene was filmed in an actual house in Maine, they simply didn't have enough room in the kitchen to do a nice OTK position without moving the table, which would have slowed down the action. (Remember, you've got at least a cameraman, a sound man, an assistant director, and an electrician along with some equipment packed next to the rear wall of that kitchen. In fact, if it hadn't been a good-sized house they probably couldn't have filmed anything at all in the kitchen.)

We're all going to have a chance to get a good look at this scene next week. However, to avoid having CSR shut down for excessive bandwidth usage like the last time I posted a video, I'm probably going to have to use YouTube at first to handle the initial rush. After the first week, I can update the page to make downloadable copies in MPG format available to everyone. And if anyone wants it, I'll have a WMV version as well. Finally, maybe I can burn a DVD of the entire episode (still on my DVR's hard drive) if anyone wants one really badly - I suspect that might only be you, Dan!

We're also going to have the longest critical commentary I have ever written, at least on a video subject, because I go way beyond the spanking scene (and maybe way beyond the bounds of good sense ;) ) as I analyze the faults of the entire Route 66 series! But I thoughtfully put the spanking scene near the top of the page so readers can stop there if they wish.
-- Web-Ed