Back to Basics

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Back to Basics

Post by overbarrel49 »

now we'll see who has her attention
now we'll see who has her attention
007.jpg (343.28 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
hi everyone,

i've noticed as time goes along, i have more and more trouble getting my wife's attention. i can understand that when the grand kids are around as they are her priority but i've begun to think much of it is just bad habits she's gotten into as her priorities have changed over the years :| . i have named this phenomenon the "backslide principle" and i think the new pic is a case in point. everyone is this particular scene seems to have his or her own priorities...........depending on their viewpoint and............their vantage point :D . of course, i personally think Gary and Isaac have the best vantage points :lol: , but i digress. still, you'd think that, given her current predicament, Hannah would be giving her full attention to Gary but such is not the case which i think is a clear example of the "backslide principle" as is Jan's lack of awareness of the full implications of this situation for her ;) . fortunately, Gary seems to have come up with a principle of his own which we'll call the "back SIDE principle" :lol: . hmmmmm, maybe i should change the way i've been approaching this problem with my wife :D . anyway, i hope you enjoy this week's installment. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Phil... Your latest panel for the "Back to Basics" story -- and I suppose we now have to comment on EACH and EVERY single panel -- is the first really arousing pic you have supplied in this saga of Gary and Hannah and Isaac and Janice. I'm glad to see that you have illustrated the first swat to Hannah's delectable backside.

As before, you show the spankee reacting violently to her ordeal. Hannah is, I think, more concerned with the embarrassment of having her skirt pulled up in front of her brother-in-law than with the pain of Gary's hand smacking her ample bottomcheeks. Methinks that in the next several swats, she will reassess the situation and realize that the pain's the thing. I hope to see many manly smacks landing on those luscious orbs. The embarrassment quotient is sure to soar to great heights when she realizes that her sister and brother-in-law are enjoying Hannah's ordeal. But that first, generous panel showing Gary's large hand smashing her right bottomcheek is splendid in its audacity. I'm hoping to see many repeats of that action.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote: Hiya Phil... Your latest panel for the "Back to Basics" story -- and I suppose we now have to comment on EACH and EVERY single panel --
hi Dan,

you seem somewhat dismayed by the prospect of commenting so often :lol: personally, i would have preferred to have kept right on posting 2 at a time but since my aunt passed away i just can't make the time as i am charged with the task of cleaning out her house and getting it ready for sale as well as other aspects of her estate. she somehow had gotten in a habit of saving all paperwork. we were faced with piles of envelopes from bills and bank statements going back into the mid 90s. unfortunately, when there's that much stuff stacked around cleaning is impossible so the place is a wreck..............sigh. it took me 3 full days just to get the living room where i could run the vacuum. so far i have taken off 3 pick up loads of trash and there's still more. anyway, concerning commenting on each and every panel, may i suggest that you just comment when you feel you have something you want to say. i would find that completely acceptable ;) .
daneldorado wrote:is the first really arousing pic you have supplied in this saga of Gary and Hannah and Isaac and Janice. I'm glad to see that you have illustrated the first swat to Hannah's delectable backside.
i'm glad you enjoyed that first swat :D . i liked the camera angle on this one and i too felt it was arousing. i'm not sure i agree that this is the first arousing pic of the series though. personally, i find the pic of her dress being raised, exposing the seat of her panties to be an arousing idea too :D .
daneldorado wrote:As before, you show the spankee reacting violently to her ordeal. Hannah is, I think, more concerned with the embarrassment of having her skirt pulled up in front of her brother-in-law than with the pain of Gary's hand smacking her ample bottomcheeks. Methinks that in the next several swats, she will reassess the situation and realize that the pain's the thing.

not only has she been more concerned about her embarrassment but also Gary has been having trouble getting her attention in general . i have a hunch that your assessment is gonna turn out to be right as we go through the next few panels though :lol:
daneldorado wrote:The embarrassment quotient is sure to soar to great heights when she realizes that her sister and brother-in-law are enjoying Hannah's ordeal. But that first, generous panel showing Gary's large hand smashing her right bottomcheek is splendid in its audacity. I'm hoping to see many repeats of that action.
more of that action coming up :D . thanks, phil
samantha

Post by samantha »

I liked this panel too. I do think the thought of being exposed in front of others is far worse than any physical pain, and at the same time, that exposure is kind of exciting. Maybe not in reality, but in fantasy, definitely. I especially like seeing the facial expressions of women, probably because I imagine some of those same expressions crossing my own face!
Phil, good luck clearing out your aunt's house...sounds like quite a job. I am sitting here, drinking coffee and attempting to devise reading groups through data analysis from 3 different test sources. My brain is swimming. I actually really enjoy doing it, but it is fun to come here and see what you and other artists have drawn up as a little breather!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

samantha wrote:I liked this panel too. I do think the thought of being exposed in front of others is far worse than any physical pain, and at the same time, that exposure is kind of exciting. Maybe not in reality, but in fantasy, definitely. I especially like seeing the facial expressions of women, probably because I imagine some of those same expressions crossing my own face!
hi Samantha,

i'm glad you enjoyed the panel :D . i've heard many other ladies say pretty much the same thing you did about this exposure being an exciting in fantasy but they don't want to try it in reality so you seem to be in the majority. on the other hand, i have had a few girls tell me that they have been publicly spanked and while it was embarrassing, it was also exciting and they would really like to do it again. one girl even told me that she thinks most girls have some exhibitionist in them and called this public exposure "exquisitely embarrassing". thanks for the comment about the expressions :D . i work hard to get those just the way i want them so it's nice to know you're enjoying them.
samantha wrote:Phil, good luck clearing out your aunt's house...sounds like quite a job. I am sitting here, drinking coffee and attempting to devise reading groups through data analysis from 3 different test sources. My brain is swimming. I actually really enjoy doing it, but it is fun to come here and see what you and other artists have drawn up as a little breather!
thanks for the good wishes. it is indeed quite a job. i'm glad we're able to give you a nice break from your work ;) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #7

Post by web-ed »

Basically, I'm with Dan on his assessment of this latest panel. Good "moment of impact" shot, and it's nice to see Hannah's concentration is about to be focused right where Gary wants it to be :) . Strange bird that I am, I still can't help thinking about Jan getting spanked even though she's not over Isaac's knee yet, although I have the feeling she will be soon.

On the embarrassment factor in spanking: women are rather embarrassed at being spanked even in private, and this embarrassment is definitely an important part of the experience for them, although on some level they truly dread it. Getting spanked publicly greatly increases what we might call the "embarrassment factor" and therefore potentially increases the emotional intensity of being spanked. This explains its frequent occurrence in female spanking fantasies. However, when dealing with women we must remember that their feelings and desires are often in conflict, with fear and embarrassment being stronger factors than they are in the male personality, generally speaking. Therefore, among female spankos, only a few would actually go so far as to accept a public spanking, even at a spanking party where the audience is likely to be highly sympathetic (and I should mention that complete nudity is generally not allowed in public play areas at a party).

Usually, it's the "brat" type, a natural extrovert, who is willing to accept a public spanking, although some "penitents" will also. An introverted, shy type of woman is likely to be so mortified at the thought of anyone seeing her getting spanked that this factor outweighs the "thrill" factor in a public spanking fantasy, and therefore she won't actually do it. Women who are outright exhibitionists, and are willing to stroll around nearly naked, would probably accept a public spanking also but they are of course rather rare. Paula Meadows showed a definite exhibitionistic streak in her art, for instance in that Caned on Stage piece where the bare-bottomed spankee (who resembled Paula herself) had to bend over and hold her ankles while on a public stage facing away from the audience! This was the stuff of fantasy, even for Paula, but she was frequently photographed bending over for the cane in Februs magazine.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Basically, I'm with Dan on his assessment of this latest panel. Good "moment of impact" shot, and it's nice to see Hannah's concentration is about to be focused right where Gary wants it to be :) . Strange bird that I am, I still can't help thinking about Jan getting spanked even though she's not over Isaac's knee yet, although I have the feeling she will be soon.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you're enjoying the concentration focusing :D . as far as Jan goes, you aren't the only one who has mentioned that and of course, you're right because she soon will be over Isaac's lap ;)
web-ed wrote:Getting spanked publicly greatly increases what we might call the "embarrassment factor" and therefore potentially increases the emotional intensity of being spanked. This explains its frequent occurrence in female spanking fantasies.
i couldn't agree more. i also think that during an actual spanking, the more intense the sensations are, both emotional and physical, the more it meets the spankee's needs although she may not recognize that at the time. i haven't been to any spanking parties so i don't have a feel for what goes on there but i do agree that it would take a special type of woman to willingly submit to a public spanking. of course, that doesn't stop other kinds of women from fantasizing about it as you mentioned :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now her attention is shifting
now her attention is shifting
008.jpg (331.03 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Gary FINALLY has Hannah's attention :D . Hannah, on the other hand, is getting WAY too much attention to suit her................from everyone :lol: . no problem though. i have a hunch that very shortly she won't be noticing anyone but Gary ;) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Zowie! Your latest pic for "Back to Basics" is a real winner, Phil... Here we see the lovely Hannah, spread across Gary's lap as we see him walloping her adorable bottom! Not only is her situation painful, but it is super-humiliating for the 32-year-old beauty, knowing that her sister and brother-in-law are watching gleefully! Gary's right arm is fully extended, indicating to us that the upcoming swats will be full force, and will probably leave Hannah in tears when her ordeal ends, about an hour from now. :D

It's an excellent picture, Phil, but I wonder if Janice fully realizes that she, too, will soon be on the receiving end. Right now, she seems way too glad to see her sister suffer this pain and humiliation. Maybe Janice hasn't thought this one through. "You look more like a naughty girl now than when Daddy used to spank you..." she chortles. Did Daddy never discipline Janice?

Guess we'll find out where this leads. Like all your fans, I'm looking forward to more panels like this one.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Zowie! Your latest pic for "Back to Basics" is a real winner, Phil... Here we see the lovely Hannah, spread across Gary's lap as we see him walloping her adorable bottom! Not only is her situation painful, but it is super-humiliating for the 32-year-old beauty, knowing that her sister and brother-in-law are watching gleefully! Gary's right arm is fully extended, indicating to us that the upcoming swats will be full force, and will probably leave Hannah in tears when her ordeal ends, about an hour from now. :D
hi Dan,

i'm glad you enjoyed this one :D . your comments are well taken and even though i've heard it said that a spanker should never spank in anger, i do think there are some times when, if the spanker still has a little irritation it makes for a much more "effective" spanking ;) . in this case Gary doesn't seem to be the slightest bit concerned about either the pain or embarrassment he's causing Hannah :lol: .
daneldorado wrote: It's an excellent picture, Phil, but I wonder if Janice fully realizes that she, too, will soon be on the receiving end. Right now, she seems way too glad to see her sister suffer this pain and humiliation. Maybe Janice hasn't thought this one through. "You look more like a naughty girl now than when Daddy used to spank you..." she chortles. Did Daddy never discipline Janice?
i promise that the answers to these questions, and maybe to some you haven't thought about yet, will be forthcoming as our toon progresses so stay tooned :D
daneldorado wrote:Guess we'll find out where this leads. Like all your fans, I'm looking forward to more panels like this one.
i'll try not to disappoint everyone. glad you're enjoying our story :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #8

Post by web-ed »

Yes, Gary has Hannah's attention at last, but her attitude is still all wrong: complaining about Gary's injunction to keep her phone with her instead of saying "Yes, sir" or at least "O.K., I will ... I promise!" And that means - more spanking until her attitude is fully adjusted! As for Jan, it looks like everyone wants to see her get it - it's rather humorous that she has no idea the danger her behind is in :lol: ! I wonder if we're going to wait for Hannah's spanking to be completed so that the sisters' roles can be reversed, with a dismayed Jan getting her bottom warmed while Hannah looks on, alternately teasing her and rubbing her own still-smarting bottom? :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Yes, Gary has Hannah's attention at last, but her attitude is still all wrong: complaining about Gary's injunction to keep her phone with her instead of saying "Yes, sir" or at least "O.K., I will ... I promise!" And that means - more spanking until her attitude is fully adjusted!
hi web-ed,

good observations as usual ;) . her attitude is indeed still wrong and Gary's not about to miss that :lol: .
web-ed wrote:As for Jan, it looks like everyone wants to see her get it - it's rather humorous that she has no idea the danger her behind is in :lol: !
again, you are right on the money. folks who have replied from my toon groups almost unanimously mention Jan getting it. a few of them even seemed to be worried that she wouldn't get a spanking. since most of those folks have been members for a while i really thought they should know me better than that :lol: . Jan does seem to be a bit preoccupied by her enjoyment of her sister's predicament and her reminiscences of their childhood..............all of which seems to be preventing her from realizing just how events might unfold here :lol: .
web-ed wrote: I wonder if we're going to wait for Hannah's spanking to be completed so that the sisters' roles can be reversed, with a dismayed Jan getting her bottom warmed while Hannah looks on, alternately teasing her and rubbing her own still-smarting bottom? :)
in the interest of not ruining the story, i think i'll just let you wonder about that for a while :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

seems Gary doesn't like her attitude
seems Gary doesn't like her attitude
009.jpg (380.73 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
hi everyone,

it looks like things are escalating in our toon............on all fronts :D . considering that Gary is trying REALLY hard to make his point by spanking the DAYLIGHTS out of Hannah, the sluggish pace of her attitude change seems ill considered to me :lol: . of course, the same could be said for the course of action that Jan is currently taking here too ;) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Since Jan missed out on so many childhood spankings that her poor sister bore the brunt of, I'm hoping that Hannah will have a chance to gloat as the story progresses!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Since Jan missed out on so many childhood spankings that her poor sister bore the brunt of, I'm hoping that Hannah will have a chance to gloat as the story progresses!
hi Boom,

it's interesting but the last few panels in this toon everyone seems to be commenting more about Janice than Hannah :lol: . i may have overdone Jan's reaction to Hannah's spanking. personally, i am an only child so i'm not well versed in sibling rivalries but this just SEEMED like a scenario that could happen :lol: . i think you know me well enough to have a pretty good idea of what's gonna happen soon ;) . of course, any gloating Hannah may do will have to be done with a sore bottom :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #9

Post by web-ed »

Our story continues in a most satisfactory manner. I'm sure glad there aren't any lawyers around in this scene, because they'd surely have advised Jan to keep her big mouth shut and not incriminate herself the way she has - and Isaac seems to have taken note! Fortunately, with no lawyers to impede the course of justice, we can be sure that its wheels will turn, as will Jan herself - right over Isaac's knee! :D

Common sense seems to be in short supply among these two sisters, for Hannah doesn't seem to have yet made the connection between her attitude and her current predicament. At least she's given in on the cell phone issue, but she needs to learn that she's in no position - literally no position! - to make demands like "Stop spanking me!". No matter - she'll learn - eventually. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Jan really seems to be overdoing the giggling at her sister's expense. The way hubby is eyeing her off gives me the impression that her bum blistering is close! :roll:

Hannah may well have the last laugh on her sister.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Our story continues in a most satisfactory manner. I'm sure glad there aren't any lawyers around in this scene, because they'd surely have advised Jan to keep her big mouth shut and not incriminate herself the way she has - and Isaac seems to have taken note! Fortunately, with no lawyers to impede the course of justice, we can be sure that its wheels will turn, as will Jan herself - right over Isaac's knee! :D
hi web-ed,

i got a kick out of your comments about Jan's need for an attorney :lol: your observation that Isaac has now taken notice is right on the money too and i think at this point any action by an attorney would be limited to pleading for mercy...........and possibly grinning............while Isaac spanks her bottom :lol: .
web-ed wrote:Common sense seems to be in short supply among these two sisters, for Hannah doesn't seem to have yet made the connection between her attitude and her current predicament. At least she's given in on the cell phone issue, but she needs to learn that she's in no position - literally no position! - to make demands like "Stop spanking me!". No matter - she'll learn - eventually. :)
more good observations and i have a feeling that our girls have gotten waaaaay too used to doing just as the please...........possibly because of lack of spanking by their husbands ;) . fortunately, it appears that Gary and Isaac have realized their mistake and are determined to correct it :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Jan really seems to be overdoing the giggling at her sister's expense. The way hubby is eyeing her off gives me the impression that her bum blistering is close! :roll:

Hannah may well have the last laugh on her sister.
hi Wiljohn,

Jan is INDEED overdoing it but i have a hunch that she will be realizing her mistake in short order :D . as to just how close her blistering is...........you will be finding out tomorrow morning ;) . your observation about Hannah having the last laugh is a good one too. it sure seems reasonable to me that she would enjoy watching Jan getting spanked once she regains her own composure :lol: as for who gets the "last" laugh............you'll have to wait and see about that. hopefully it will be those of us who are viewing this toon ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

the tide is turning
the tide is turning
010.jpg (325.98 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
hi everyone,

hey! i think Gary is finally making some progress :D . i couldn't help but notice that Hannah is now paying MUCH more attention to him ;) . she has also stopped trying to issue orders and is being much more polite......even using the magic words :D . meanwhile, Isaac seems to have found a couple of "magic words" of his own :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil