Turn of Events

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Beautiful stuff, Phil. Your story line seems to be suggesting that we are all in for a nice view of a double spanking. I think that's what b00m is expecting, too. How much longer till we see Raquel's guy?

Cheers,
Dan
hi Dan,

i'm glad you're enjoying the story so far :D . Raquel said near the beginning that Quinton would be home in a few minutes so he'll be making his her in a bit. as for exactly how things are going to go down, i don't want to give away too much 8-) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Re: Turn of Events

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Right now, I'd say that Penny is sorry she's getting a spanking, but that's all. Therefore, the spanking will have to continue until she's genuinely sorry for busting the budget! :lol: An interesting question is, will Raquel's boyfriend Quinton arrive on the scene before or after this point is reached? And what will his reaction be to seeing not only Penny getting spanked, but Raquel watching the spanking?
hi web-ed,

i certainly agree that Penny is sorry she's getting a spanking :lol: . i have confidence that Oliver will get her to that point of "genuinely sorry" before it's all over though :D . as far as Quinton's arrival goes, what indeed will his reaction be 8-) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

interesting reactiions
interesting reactiions
011.jpg (326.05 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
hi everyone,

so THAT's how Oliver was planning on working less while still giving Penny an effective spanking :D . i'd say it's going to be more effective emotionally too 8-) . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hi Phil.
overbarrel49 wrote:so THAT's how Oliver was planning on working less while still giving Penny an effective spanking . i'd say it's going to be more effective emotionally too . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil

again great pic! for a few seconds there Penny is going to feel embarrassment at having her panties lowered and feeling exposed. and indeed that is more effective emotionally. it always is when the panties are lowered. but her embarrassment will not last long! as Oliver resumes the spanking the sting in her bottom will grab all her attention. she will not have time to worry about anything else, not even Oliver picking up the hairbrush. I sure hope that Raquel moves over to the other side of the window so she can see more of Penny's bottom. I know I would! and I think my reaction would be almost the same as hers. she's a little embarrassed, but more fascinated at what is happening to Penny. she might also be imagining herself getting a spanking. I have a feeling you won't leave her to her imagination for too long! and I would not be able to move away either. this is my favorite pic so far! again, thanks for sharing and I can't wait until next week for sure!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote: again great pic!
hi Sunflower,

thanks. i'm glad you enjoyed it :D .
sunflower309 wrote: for a few seconds there Penny is going to feel embarrassment at having her panties lowered and feeling exposed. and indeed that is more effective emotionally. it always is when the panties are lowered. but her embarrassment will not last long! as Oliver resumes the spanking the sting in her bottom will grab all her attention. she will not have time to worry about anything else, not even Oliver picking up the hairbrush.
yeah, that embarrassment may not last very long but it's a very intense embarrassment during those few seconds 8-)...............and a very important part of the spanking process. that psychological and emotional effect just makes the spanking seem way more intense even if the actual physical effects aren't very great ;) . Oliver probably won't wait too long before starting the spanking again. he will want Penny to still be a bit panicky from her panties going south when she first feels his hand spanking her bare bottom 8-) . i would say that Penny will become more animated as he resumes the spanking too and that will probably take most of her concentration :lol: .
sunflower309 wrote:I sure hope that Raquel moves over to the other side of the window so she can see more of Penny's bottom. I know I would! and I think my reaction would be almost the same as hers. she's a little embarrassed, but more fascinated at what is happening to Penny. she might also be imagining herself getting a spanking. I have a feeling you won't leave her to her imagination for too long! and I would not be able to move away either.
i think Raquel is hooked now...............she may know she should go home but i don't think it's going to happen at this point :lol: . i'm glad to hear you say that you think your reaction would be the same as hers as it makes me think i am getting her reactions just right :D . it always seemed to me that women's reactions are often confusing and unpredictable, at least for a man to figure out, so it's nice to know i got this one right :D . since you don't think i'm going to leave this all to her imagination for too long, i have to assume that my toons are somewhat predictable :lol: . \
sunflower309 wrote: this is my favorite pic so far! again, thanks for sharing and I can't wait until next week for sure!

sunflower
thanks! your comments are very specific which is a big help to me in doing future pics ;) . fyi, this is my favorite pic of the toon so far too :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Turn of Events #11

Post by web-ed »

So we arrive at the most anxiety-provoking - and thrilling - moment of the OTK spanking for the spankee, when the panties come down! :D Of course as Sunflower notes, that anxiety only lasts until the stinging pain becomes the main focus, and we know that at a certain point, it's all the spankee can think about. (Spanking certainly concentrates the mind wonderfully!)

I think the high point of this picture is Penny's expression - she's horrified and deeply embarrassed, but will soon have other concerns as noted above. As for Renee, she's fascinated by Penny's loss of control, and although she doesn't seem to realize it consciously, she wants to experience the same loss of control herself - and maybe she will!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:So we arrive at the most anxiety-provoking - and thrilling - moment of the OTK spanking for the spankee, when the panties come down! :D Of course as Sunflower notes, that anxiety only lasts until the stinging pain becomes the main focus, and we know that at a certain point, it's all the spankee can think about. (Spanking certainly concentrates the mind wonderfully!)
hi web-ed,

i think your description of this moment hits the nail right on the head :D . i agree with Sunflower too that it doesn't last long but those few seconds are intense to say the least 8-) . although i hadn't thought of it in those terms, i like your analysis that spanking concentrates the mind.................especially if the spanker concentrates on her sit spots :lol:
web-ed wrote:I think the high point of this picture is Penny's expression - she's horrified and deeply embarrassed, but will soon have other concerns as noted above. As for Renee, she's fascinated by Penny's loss of control, and although she doesn't seem to realize it consciously, she wants to experience the same loss of control herself - and maybe she will!
i'm glad you mentioned Penny's expression because i personally thought it was just right for this particular moment in the spanking :D . i actually thought the high point of this pic was the camera angle, which i thought captured the action of this scene well and especially in conjunction with her expression ;) . your analysis of Raquel's thoughts is right on the money too i think. even though she hasn't thought about it per se, she does seem to be putting herself in Penny's predicament 8-) . anyway, i'm glad you enjoyed the pic :D . thanks for your comments, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Penny is getting more animated
Penny is getting more animated
012.jpg (324.58 KiB) Viewed 1891 times
hi everyone,

Hmmmmmm, bare bottom promises! Now we're making some progress :D . with the possible exception of waxing his car, Penny is promising Oliver pretty much anything she can think of :lol: . it's all a fascinating process.....................just ask Raquel 8-) . i hope you enjoy the new pic . phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Turn of Events #12

Post by web-ed »

Yes, I am enjoying the latest picture :D ! What a fine view of Penny's reddening rear end! Penny is now in a very, shall we say, cooperative frame of mind, willing to promise anything, which is just where Oliver wants her. Meanwhile, Raquel cannot resist trying to sneak a better look, which is likely to be her undoing.

Now, while my favorite thing to look at here is the target of Oliver's fury, something else interesting has been going on. Beginning two panels ago (#10), Penny started to put her right hand back. Last panel (#11), Oliver seized her arm just above the wrist preventing her from making any further attempt at blocking the spanks - Raquel even notices this. Finally in this panel (#!2) Oliver pins her arm behind her back, which is perfectly realistic since it often happens in an OTK spanking. I thought it might be a little hard to pull off with Poser, though, because the right forearm must be rotated so the palm is up, and I checked to make sure you didn't accidentally wind up with a left hand at the end of Penny's right arm - not to worry, you didn't ;) ! That's the kind of mistake that's easy to make when limbs are bent and flexed - it happened once to no less an artist than Jack "King" Kirby, who drew two left hands on Reed Richards - and on the splash page of a Fantastic Four comic book! Richards was stretching and bending his right arm in a way impossible for a normal human being, which certainly contributed to the mistake. I hope he didn't scare his kid too much!

Here it is, from Fantastic Four #88, just for laughs:
Copyright Marvel Characters Inc.
Last edited by web-ed on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add copyright notice
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Yes, I am enjoying the latest picture :D ! What a fine view of Penny's reddening rear end! Penny is now in a very, shall we say, cooperative frame of mind, willing to promise anything, which is just where Oliver wants her. Meanwhile, Raquel cannot resist trying to sneak a better look, which is likely to be her undoing.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the new pic :D . Penny is indeed in a "cooperative" frame of mind..............well said :lol: . yeah, Raquel's curiosity will almost certainly contribute to her undoing as you speculate :lol: .
web-ed wrote:Now, while my favorite thing to look at here is the target of Oliver's fury, something else interesting has been going on. Beginning two panels ago (#10), Penny started to put her right hand back. Last panel (#11), Oliver seized her arm just above the wrist preventing her from making any further attempt at blocking the spanks - Raquel even notices this. Finally in this panel (#!2) Oliver pins her arm behind her back, which is perfectly realistic since it often happens in an OTK spanking. I thought it might be a little hard to pull off with Poser, though, because the right forearm must be rotated so the palm is up, and I checked to make sure you didn't accidentally wind up with a left hand at the end of Penny's right arm - not to worry, you didn't ;) ! That's the kind of mistake that's easy to make when limbs are bent and flexed - it happened once to no less an artist than Jack "King" Kirby, who drew two left hands on Reed Richards - and on the splash page of a Fantastic Four comic book! Richards was stretching and bending his right arm in a way impossible for a normal human being, which certainly contributed to the mistake. I hope he didn't scare his kid too much!
it is a bit difficult to pull off with Poser. the figures i used for my Poser people are Michael and Victoria 3 from Daz 3d. they are meant to depict everyday sorts of things and do have problems with the more "extreme" sorts of positions i use for my spanking pics. the main problem i have is body parts sometimes distort when twisted or bent too far so i have to be careful that things look right from the camera angle i am using. sometimes, i will go ahead and do the render with something looking a bit distorted if it's something i can fix with photoshop. in this case, i have used the movement controls for the collar, shoulder, forearm and hand............tweaking each so that no one body part is too twisted or bent too extremely. it's easier to just not have a pic where he is restraining her arm but sometimes i just feel it needs to be done. there are newer versions of Michael and Victoria available that handle these extreme poses better...........they are up to version 6 now. i have Michael and Victoria 4 but i don't like the way they operate plus they are a different kind of figure so the program i use to tailor the clothes for my people won't work with them. the clothing only fits the standard "skinny" figure and if i modify the body shape so the men have muscles and the ladies have a nice, spankable bottom, i have to "tailor" the clothing to fit them. each time they upgrade the figures, they make them slightly different so that the clothes for one figure won't fit the next incarnation. long story short, i have decided to just stick with version 3 for as long as possible as there is no way i have either the money or the time to keep current. also, it takes a long while to get the 2 figures in an OTK pose just the way i want it so once i get a pose right, i save it for future use. for example, the pose i used for this pic is the one i created for pic #14 of "one good turn". i just select the figure, click on the pose and it automatically goes where i wanted. sometimes i use it just as is. in this case i had to modify it somewhat but it's still quite a time saver. if i were to change to version 4 of my people, none of those poses would be right any more so that's another reason to stick with the old version.

i thought the left hand at the end of the right arm in the fantastic four #88 was a hilarious error but i can see how that could happen if you're drawing this scene :lol: even at that, it probably takes a trained eye to spot it and i'll bet not many folks noticed it. i didn't have that problem though since my people are complete and i just have to pose them. thanks for your comments :D . phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, your panel no. 12 is beautiful. Here, you have captured the spanking fury at its peak, with Oliver gripping the struggling Penny and delivering more and more hard swats to her now-naked fanny. I love the redness you have provided to Penny's rear end. Her legs, now very animated, are positioned perfectly.

The only thing I would have changed is her right buttock. It is almost flat, and should be rounder than it is here. I have already changed it on my copy.

Otherwise than that, this picture is a dream.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil, your panel no. 12 is beautiful. Here, you have captured the spanking fury at its peak, with Oliver gripping the struggling Penny and delivering more and more hard swats to her now-naked fanny. I love the redness you have provided to Penny's rear end. Her legs, now very animated, are positioned perfectly.
hi Dan,

i was pleased with your comment. since i thought i had captured the action of the scene nicely, it was good to hear you verify that :D . once i had finished the pic, i had a hunch that you'd probably like the shot of her leg and i'm glad you did ;) .
daneldorado wrote:The only thing I would have changed is her right buttock. It is almost flat, and should be rounder than it is here. I have already changed it on my copy.

Otherwise than that, this picture is a dream.

Cheers,
Dan
i see what you are talking about but i'm not sure i agree with it. since her right leg is bent forward, that would have a tendency to flatten and elongate her cheek, not to mention that her calf is fairly straight. the left cheek is rounder because her thigh is flexed less and her calf is bent more. i actually thought it looked about right considering the position of her legs. does anyone else have any thoughts on this? in either case, i appreciate your comment and i'm glad youi liked the pic overall :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I like the latest installment of this story, with Penny getting redder all the time and Raquel risking exposure by moving to get a better view.

I think you're right about the way her legs are bent, and its effect on the shape of the buttcheeks. That was one thing that bothered me about some of Bill Ward's cartoons. Sometimes he would get it backwards, with the buttcheek on the straightened leg sticking out more than the buttcheek on the bent leg. When the knee is bent, the muscles are compressed and the middle part of the muscle sticks out more. (Just like the bicep on a man's arm when he bends his elbow)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I like the latest installment of this story, with Penny getting redder all the time and Raquel risking exposure by moving to get a better view.
hi Boom,

i'm glad you liked the new pic :D your comment about Raquel is very well worded, she is INDEED risking exposure ...........in more ways than one :lol:
hugob00m wrote:I think you're right about the way her legs are bent, and its effect on the shape of the buttcheeks. That was one thing that bothered me about some of Bill Ward's cartoons. Sometimes he would get it backwards, with the buttcheek on the straightened leg sticking out more than the buttcheek on the bent leg. When the knee is bent, the muscles are compressed and the middle part of the muscle sticks out more. (Just like the bicep on a man's arm when he bends his elbow)

i'll have to go back and look at some of Ward's drawings again. i hadn't really noticed that. of course, i may have been looking at other things ;) . thanks for your observations. the comparison with the biceps of a man's arm is a good one i think. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:i'll have to go back and look at some of Ward's drawings again.
Here's an example of Ward's that I think I remember b00m commenting on at the time, Phil:

And remember, the quickest way to get all of Ward's Humorama spanking cartoons in one place is to go to the Humorama Cartoon Data Base and put "ward" in the search box. Click the "Submit" button and you'll get thumbnail versions of all the Ward Humorama spanking cartoons I've posted so far; click on the thumbnail to get to the detail page.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

thanks for the example. it's easy to see what Boom is talking about from this ;) . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

oh, yeah.......the hairbrush............LOL
oh, yeah.......the hairbrush............LOL
013.jpg (358.44 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Penny forgot something in the "heat" of battle 8-) . good thing she has Oliver there to remind her :lol: . she still seems to be having trouble believing it.......Raquel too :o . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Turn of Events #13

Post by web-ed »

It's hard to tell whose face is redder at this point, Penny's or Raquel's - although there's not doubt whose bottom is redder, at least for now :lol: ! Speaking of Penny's bottom, we can't see it from here, but we can savor the OTK position, especially in the context of the about-to-be-raised hairbrush. I think that in cases of discipline, it does help the spankee to associate specific punishable offenses with specific punishments, which could mean a definite number of spanks, a definite position, or a definite implement as in this case with the hairbrush. It will give Penny a strong incentive to be more honest in the future :D .
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote: It's hard to tell whose face is redder at this point, Penny's or Raquel's - although there's not doubt whose bottom is redder, at least for now :lol:
hi web-ed,

you are not the only one to notice Raquel's face and i had one spankee who offered the following explanation; "The fascination of watching somebody get spanked - those secret thrills that are tinged with pangs of guilt - a flurry of mixed emotions that remain with me to this day!" i thought that was really well said ;) .
web-ed wrote: ! Speaking of Penny's bottom, we can't see it from here, but we can savor the OTK position, especially in the context of the about-to-be-raised hairbrush. I think that in cases of discipline, it does help the spankee to associate specific punishable offenses with specific punishments, which could mean a definite number of spanks, a definite position, or a definite implement as in this case with the hairbrush. It will give Penny a strong incentive to be more honest in the future :D .
thanks for mentioning the OTK position here. i usually like to show some of the spankee's bottom in my pics but this time, i thought this camera angle was appropriate since it shows the expression of both girls and also makes it plain that Raquel is looking right at Penny's red bottom :D . i liked your comments about the hairbrush and certain implements to be used for punishing specific behaviors and thought they were right on the money. lying seems a particularly good candidate for such an association and Penny must certainly be making the connection that lying is particularly unacceptable and will be met with a higher level of punishment :D . strong incentive indeed ;) . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Yikes! Phil, you have clearly shifted into overdrive here, my friend. :lol: Penny is now enjoying a real "spanking to remember." :D

From the way you have the characters arranged, Penny is receiving one of the most genuine spankings I've ever seen on the page. There she is, stretched across Oliver's lap, and her crimson buns are being severely beaten by Ollie's insrument -- the hairbrush. Oh Lord, this is one of the most savory spank scenes ever. If this girl gets to sit down even once in the upcoming week, that act will hurt almost as much as she is hurting now!

Glorious. This, Phil, is a work of art. I'm still waiting and hoping to see a nice double spanking, with Penny being spanked again by her man, and with Quint applying his strong right hand to the nosy Raquel's buttcheeks.

Cheers,
Dan