Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities

Postby overbarrel49 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 am

Hi web-ed,

I have to agree with Butch here. If she had said that to me, she would have been over my lap with her head and her panties down and her bare bottom up before you could say naughty girl :lol: . Phil

Sweetspot

Postby Sweetspot » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:36 am

Adding to threats and missed opportunities in the newspaper comics that have a hint of erotic overtone. :D
July 27, 1949. Evidently the idea of being spanked like a 'little girl' doesn't appeal to Franni.
BruceGentryJuly27,1949.jpg
BruceGentryJuly27,1949.jpg (43.45 KiB) Viewed 103 times

"Spank me all you weesh" Now that's what we like to hear. :P Unfortunately, as far as I know and I followed the storyline through to the end, Bruce never lights up Franni's fanny :( (Although I like to think that at some point in their lives he took her up on her generous offer).
July 24, 1949
BruceGentryJuly24,1949PittsburghPost-Gazette.jpg
BruceGentryJuly24,1949PittsburghPost-Gazette.jpg (77.87 KiB) Viewed 103 times

Bruce Gentry - Ray Bailey, a former assistant to Milton Caniff, created this aviation strip for the Robert Hall Syndicate on March 25, 1945. This was one of a number of aviation strips that sprung up during WWII. The art was uniformly excellent, but on the writing side Bailey couldn't compete with the likes of Crane, Robbin or Caniff. As a general synopsis of the strip we find Gentry starting a small airline in South America, "they ply the Andes" and Bruce soon finds himself, as a flying troubleshooter, always competing against powerful and unethical competitors.
Last edited by Sweetspot on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butch46163@yahoo.com

Postby butch46163@yahoo.com » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 am

Nice Find Bruce ought to be more like Smilin Jack and give the lady the spanking she deserved :lol:

web-ed
Site Admin

Postby web-ed » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Thanks, Phil - I just didn't have time to add any more of your missed opportunities myself this week. I'll try for next week, but getting Brenda Starr right is the most important item on my agenda.

Caniff's influence on Bailey is pretty evident, but then he influenced a lot of other artists as well.

You really have to love the line, "Afterwards spank me all you weesh!" :lol:
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

Good Threat in Rip Kirby

Postby web-ed » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:18 am

Another good spanking threat discovered by Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: is this one from Rip Kirby:

Rip Kirby, March 3, 1972. Scan by Phil S. edited by Web-Ed. © King Features Syndicate

Rip Kirby was a private eye somewhat in the mold of Kerry Drake, but perhaps a little less physical in his approach to crime-solving. He threatens to get physical with Miss Steele here, though: "I'd love to put you over my knee and wallop you so hard you wouldn't go near a horse for a month!"

The writer, Fred Dickinson, was presumably a non-spanker, for we true spankos know that even a good spanking doesn't leave the poor spankee sore for a month! (It's nice if she can still feel it a little the next day, though. ;) ) Artist John Prentice gives her an interesting expression, suggesting she's a little worried that Rip might just carry out his threat. :D
-- Web-Ed

butch46163@yahoo.com

Postby butch46163@yahoo.com » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:21 am

Nice Find!! sound a little bit like the threat the Phantom made when dealing with The Sky Band :lol: only he carried it out 8-) 8-) THANKS

Sweetspot

Postby Sweetspot » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:33 pm

'He threatens to get physical with Miss Steele here, though: "I'd love to put you over my knee and wallop you so hard you wouldn't go near a horse for a month!" ' - Web Ed

This comment got me wondering what I had on "file" involving horses and spanking:
OffPanelHorseWomanAugust3,1962.jpg
OffPanelHorseWomanAugust3,1962.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 48 times

http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/co ... ing_2.html
This is an identical pose but different frame for a, can we say, 'revisioned' look at the Lefty Drake spanks Bootsie Belmont spanking. I place it here because her misbehavior involved abusing her horse.
KerryDrakeNovember28,1970Detail.jpg
KerryDrakeNovember28,1970Detail.jpg (64.21 KiB) Viewed 48 times

Although the young woman's father says his daughter is "too big to spank" he makes her ride in order that the horse can spank her by proxy on his behalf. Perhaps by "too big to spank" he meant that he was unable to handle the girl in a punishment situation for one reason or another so he came up with the horse does the spanking idea. ;)
SusieQSmithMarch20,1947.jpg
SusieQSmithMarch20,1947.jpg (75.46 KiB) Viewed 48 times

web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Horsing Around

Postby web-ed » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Good horse-related stuff here, Phil - thanks! And you did nail down the year of the Kerry Drake/Bootsie Belmont spanking (1970). Do you have a better scan of the strip from Nov. 23, which I thought (it was hard to read) was the date the spanking took place?
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

The Gumps

Postby web-ed » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm not going to get into the history of The Gumps, unless Phil S. finds a spanking in it some time in the future, but here's a spanking threat he found already:

The Gumps, December 12, 1933. Scan by Sweetspot; edited by the Web-Ed. © Chicago Tribune Syndicate
-- Web-Ed

Sweetspot

Postby Sweetspot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 pm

I have the publication date of the spanking as November 25, 1970.
KerryDrakeNovember25,1970Detail_LI.jpg
KerryDrakeNovember25,1970Detail_LI.jpg (985.56 KiB) Viewed 25 times

This is a very clear clip from November 26, 1970. I should go back and see if I can get a better clip of the spanking itself.
KerryDrakeNovember26,1970Detail.jpg
KerryDrakeNovember26,1970Detail.jpg (67.63 KiB) Viewed 25 times

Another "guardian" who is grateful that our hero has taken it upon himself to spank their adult female descendant.
KerryDrakeNovember29,1970.jpg
KerryDrakeNovember29,1970.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 25 times

Return to “Comic-Book and Superhero Spanking”