Jungle Girls spanking

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Tanner

Jungle Girls spanking

Post by Tanner »

Most of the discussion here has been on superheroines from science fiction type comics. There is another group worthy of discussion.
That is what might be called "jungle girls." Like Frank Cho's Shanna the She-Devil.Her costume(what there is of it) alone qualifies her for a long, hard spanking or paddling
Sheena Queen of the Jungle-did you know she was the first comic superheroine- her comic came out a few months prior to Wonder Woman.
Lots of others with names like Pantha, Tigra, and so on.
Of course the Phantom is a jungle comic- but his spankees were all in European costume.
And of course Tarzan spanking Jane- think you do have that.
Tough girls, skimpy costumes- what better combination for spankings?
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Jungle Girls spanking

Post by web-ed »

No argument from me (or, probably, anyone else who reads this forum) - jungle girls are a wild bunch, and need to be tamed by spanking and paddling them! Frank Cho's Shanna does indeed quickly come to mind. Some discussion of Shanna (including a post-spanking pose), Sheena, and jungle girls generally can be found here.

I do intend to post that one of Tarzan spanking Jane you mentioned (it can be found currently on Chross' bulletin board), together with another from the Karstens/Bard team. A Conan the Barbarian spanking and the Andy Price one of Indiana Jones/Lara Croft will complete the set. These have all been seen before, and it is a matter of regret that I don't have more to offer in the way of jungle girl spankings. Shanna is definitely on the commission list, though.

One note on the jungle girl influence you won't find on either of the pages above involves Star Trek. Many jeering references have been made over the years to James T. Kirk's pursuit of "babes in tinfoil bikinis" (the phrase often used). It's worth revisiting one of the sillier episodes of the original series, The Gamesters of Triskelion, to see where this came from:
Shanna the Drill Thrall (Angelique Pettyjohn), fully equipped (with a spear, that is)
Shanna the Drill Thrall (Angelique Pettyjohn), fully equipped (with a spear, that is)
shanna_with_spear.jpg (112.47 KiB) Viewed 5622 times
Shanna the Drill Thrall (they may have spelled it "Shahna" to avoid lawsuits) looks a whole lot like Sheena and Shanna - she's even carrying a spear! It's pretty obvious she's modeled on the jungle girl archetype. Too bad Kirk didn't spank her.
-- Web-Ed
Wolfie138

Post by Wolfie138 »

there was a fairly delightful girlie called "Axa" that would have been a prime candidate for a bit OTK. i've got one graphic novel and that's it, so i dunno if anything was actually ever administered. lovely art tho. if you google "axa +comic" there's a few bits and pieces.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I must admit I'd forgotten about Axa, but as you suggested I did some quick research and here she is, on the cover of Axa #2 (Aug. 1987):
Axa #2, from Eclipse.  Art by Enrique Romero.
Axa #2, from Eclipse. Art by Enrique Romero.
axa_no_2_enrique_romero.jpg (44.29 KiB) Viewed 5605 times
This issue was published by Eclipse, the publisher Bawdy Bard mentioned
here. I think anyone seeing this would have to agree with you that she's a prime candidate for a bit of OTK action.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

I just found another one called Lorna the Jungle Queen. and there was this Mandrake story about a girl that thought she was a white goddess that was pretty good (an actual spanking in that one)
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

The Mandrake one, where a "white goddess" is spanked by her grandfather, will be posted int he Comics Section in future months.

Ah yes, Lorna the Jungle Queen! Let us return to July, 1953, and take a look at the cover of her first issue:
Lorna the Jungle Queen (July 1953).  Art by Sol Brodsky.  Published by Atlas Comics.
Lorna the Jungle Queen (July 1953). Art by Sol Brodsky. Published by Atlas Comics.
lorna_jungle_queen_no_1.jpg (51.37 KiB) Viewed 5586 times
Cover art by Sol Brodsky, who later functioned as Marvel's production manager and occasionally inked the work of Jack Kirby during the critical early years of the superhero revival in the 60's. Atlas had a tendency to climb on a bandwagon rather than get out in front of the pack, so we shouldn't be surprised that Lorna didn't appear until 15 years after Sheena.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Could somebody tell me were there any spankings in those Heavy Metal comic books? I remember buying some of them back in the 80"s but never have I seen any spankings in them. The one thing I can say is that the artists really had a way of drawing shaply strong women who outfit barly cover there curvy forms too bad none of these ladies never got turned over a knee ;) And what about Dick Tracy did he ever laid a hand on a beautiful bad girl"s backsides in any of his comic strips!!"" Saw an old rerun of the Hulk cartoon on the Disney channel a while back where the gray Hulk gave She Hulk a hard slap on her bottom that sent her flying into the air she seem to have liked it though Ohh how I wish that the writers couldv"e added a little comedy by having him lay her across his lap and spanking her so hard that the entire city shakes from each blows of his hand landing onto her large green well muscle buttocks!! WOW talk about a spanking :twisted:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: HM, Dick Tracy, and Hulk

Post by web-ed »

I remember Heavy Metal magazine and bought one or two issues during the 80's which I couldn't find just now when I searched my basement. There were no spankings in any issue I saw, because I'd certainly remember if there were. I also quickly checked Comics Galleries 1 and 2 here on CSR, but it looks like we have only one example that ever appeared in HM - the reprint of Barbarella in 1978. That's not to say there couldn't have been any in Heavy Metal - spanking was always possible in HM or in its French counterpart, Metal Hurlant - but both magazines were expensive and neither particularly appealed to me, so I didn't collect them (I'm sure I leafed through a few on the racks looking for spankings, though). One distinct possibility is a Druuna spanking by Serpieri, although it would more likely have appeared somewhere else.

I had pretty much moved away from Science Fiction by 1980, and limited my Fantasy interests to comics, especially super-hero. Barbarian stuff, Dungeons & Dragons-influenced work, etc. had no interest for me, and HM had a lot of "airbrush and broads" as someone once described it, I think in an editorial cartoon of all places. (For younger folks, the airbrush was a much-used tool for art and photography touch-up work. Glamor photos, like old Playboy pics for example, was very reliant on it. I would assume that modern digital tools such as Photoshop have almost entirely replaced it, although it could still be useful in industrial applications like auto body paint touch-up and furniture restoration.)

Dick Tracy would at first glance seem to be a possible spanking source. He was a very square, presumably conservative guy who wouldn't have had any compunctions about spanking a bad girl in this fashion. But no Dick Tracy spankings are known at the present time. It may be that the same forces which kept spankings out of crime comic books (only 1 or possibly 2 are known, if you count that illustration of the old law allowing a man to spank his wife with a stick no thicker than the thumb) were operating on Chester Gould and his successors, namely, that there was a decided moralistic tendency to show the criminals coming to a bad end such as imprisonment or even execution, and perhaps a spanking just wasn't considered serious enough for some of these hardened gals (I know we'd all disagree with that assessment).

If Gray Hulk smacked She-Hulk on the butt in a cartoon, then I want to get a hold of it! So far I haven't been able to trace it, but if I do and can get it on DVD, you can bet I'll post it in the Video Section.
-- Web-Ed