Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/12/2024 - Part 1

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:49 pm Surely Tink does not suffer the "Does my arse look big in this?" sickness?
That's an interesting observation, Willjohn - I think that Tink was innocently surprised by her discovery that she has a big rear and was mildly self-conscious about it, but has probably learned to accept the situation. Indeed, all of us have also had to accept that Tinker Bell has a big (i.e. nicely-proportioned to her diminutive height), beautiful rear end that's perfect for spanking, and we're resigned to the situation. ;)

Now, an embarrassing admission: I forgot one more update this week. :oops: It's out there now, so please take a look as I edited no fewer than nine videos for this one:

The Public Paddlings Series returns with a blast from the past as Ivan's Girlfriend Gets Spanked at the Hofbrauhaus in Las Vegas. She may look vaguely familiar...
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB ED CSR!! Tinker Bell should have known she have wide curvy hips when she couldn`t fit through that key hole :twisted: :lol: :lol: love the look on her mirror reflection`s face as she stare at her figure :o :o Good Drawing! what the use of having a secretary with a large round bottom over your knee for a spanking and you going to use a feather to discipline her with :x :x Ivan girlfriend was smart to wear a tight pair of jeans knowing she was going to get a paddling :twisted: :lol: :lol: Fun night 8-) 8-) Thanks Be Safe!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/19/2024 - Part 1

Post by web-ed »

-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/19/2024 - Part 2

Post by web-ed »

• Resident Artist Hugob00m brings us the latest installment of O. T. Katie, Kaylyn's Coffee Ad, in which Kaylyn re-makes a Tartan Blend Coffee commercial from the past. Alas for her, that commercial featured a spanking!
  • Extra Bonus for Willjohn: It's a Missed Opportunity Down Under with the Australian comic strip Devil Doone.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/19/2024 - Part 3

Post by web-ed »

• The Public Paddlings Series continues with a change of scene to the Heart Attack Grill where the lovely Adley Stump discovers that if she doesn't finish her hamburger, she'll get spanked!
Now, the paddling technique they use at the Heart Attack Grill is questionable to say the least, but no one can question the fact that Adley is as good-looking a spankee as we're ever going to get, which helps a little.

Hurric's wife-spanking cartoon, set to some verse that doesn't exactly rival Shakespearean sonnets, isn't going to set the world on fire, but it does set the wife's ass afire! We're near the end of this series now, with only two more weeks left as far as I know. That gives us three more weeks in May that haven't programmed for yet before we get to the annual Super-Spanking Summer.

B00m's O. T. Katie this week is of course a must-see: Kaylyn re-creates a classic spanking commercial of her great-grandmother's, and B00m gives her an expression of such impudence in a pre-spanking panel that all you can think is, "She's really asking for it!" - and so she is.

That leaves Devil Doone, which was the best I could come up with as something special for Willjohn. If there were no spankings in the strip's long history - and we really don't know - then it was one long missed opportunity. However, much is still unknown about the strip in its comic-book format, which at first reprinted the strip from Man Junior magazine and then printed new adventures. Some covers can be found at Grand Comics Data Base, but even they don't have reliable information about publication dates.

The problem is that neither the comic books nor Man Junior magazine (or even it's senior version, Man,) seem to have been widely distributed outside of Australia. GCDB lists a British reprint from the 50s and, surprisingly, a Greek reprint also, but they don't know about the reprints in Humorama magazines, which is where I found them (maybe I should clue them in since I'm supposed to be an editor there). Digital Comics Museum does have a few Australian comics, but not this one.

It's quite possible, then, that Devil Doone had a good M/F spanking in it during its long run but nobody still alive remembers it! Of course, it's also possible that there's a complete run of the title in an Australian basement somewhere, and if they're ever made available in digital format I'll be glad to go through them all.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

20th Anniversary Honor Roll, Part 2

Post by web-ed »

O.K., let's pick up where we left off, beginning with Bishop Berkley, who had somehow been left off our list of contributors on the Home Page:

Bishop Berkley has sent us a lot of spanking and 'behind in jeopardy' stuff (a specialty of his)

Douglas E. Milburn sent us some nice art by Paula Meadows and also some better-quality photos of a spanking from the old Leg Show magazine.

Douglas S. long-time CSR contributor and helper, he wrote three stories for the Fiction Section including "Welcome Home".

Fanz123 has lent a hand numerous times with comics material but also some Kiss Me Kate stuff, carefully going over picture after picture to help with identification.

Franco specializes in F/M material - not CSR's principal interest, but we appreciate that he was kind enough to let us reprint it.

Hauke managed to identify Vampirella Spanks Batgirl #2 for us a while back.

Helena - an early correspondent and contributor to our Fiction Section.

Hugob00m needs no introduction, but he will get the spotlight next week, so stay tuned.

Jenna - part of our 2010 Young Spanking Artists Series, I know she was still active a few years ago and may still be today.

JesseRay - one of the spanko-world's true old-timers, some of you may remember Ray from The Artastic Forum or as the founder of the old ACES BBS, which we brought up again for last year's anniversary special, "The ACES Artist".

JimC - there's not enough space here to cover his contributions to CSR. It was Jim who first suggested this Bulletin Board back in 2009 and who generously allowed me to use his access to the old Yahoo Groups to gather much comic strip material. He also co-masterminded the first Comic Strip Series (2010, if I remember correctly), and has been with us all this time with more help and comments.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/19/2024 - Part 3

Post by willjohn »

web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 am
  • The Public Paddlings Series continues with a change of scene to the Heart Attack Grill where the lovely Adley Stump discovers that if she doesn't finish her hamburger, she'll get spanked!
Now, the paddling technique they use at the Heart Attack Grill is questionable to say the least, but no one can question the fact that Adley is as good-looking a spankee as we're ever going to get, which helps a little.

Hurric's wife-spanking cartoon, set to some verse that doesn't exactly rival Shakespearean sonnets, isn't going to set the world on fire, but it does set the wife's ass afire! We're near the end of this series now, with only two more weeks left as far as I know. That gives us three more weeks in May that haven't programmed for yet before we get to the annual Super-Spanking Summer.

B00m's O. T. Katie this week is of course a must-see: Kaylyn re-creates a classic spanking commercial of her great-grandmother's, and B00m gives her an expression of such impudence in a pre-spanking panel that all you can think is, "She's really asking for it!" - and so she is.

That leaves Devil Doone, which was the best I could come up with as something special for Willjohn. If there were no spankings in the strip's long history - and we really don't know - then it was one long missed opportunity. However, much is still unknown about the strip in its comic-book format, which at first reprinted the strip from Man Junior magazine and then printed new adventures. Some covers can be found at Grand Comics Data Base, but even they don't have reliable information about publication dates.

The problem is that neither the comic books nor Man Junior magazine (or even it's senior version, Man,) seem to have been widely distributed outside of Australia. GCDB lists a British reprint from the 50s and, surprisingly, a Greek reprint also, but they don't know about the reprints in Humorama magazines, which is where I found them (maybe I should clue them in since I'm supposed to be an editor there). Digital Comics Museum does have a few Australian comics, but not this one.

It's quite possible, then, that Devil Doone had a good M/F spanking in it during its long run but nobody still alive remembers it! Of course, it's also possible that there's a complete run of the title in an Australian basement somewhere, and if they're ever made available in digital format I'll be glad to go through them all.
Adley would have some trouble sitting down to finish her burger after four good swats Silly girl's eyes were too big for her stomach. Her mind went numb but she probably wished her bum did too! :lol:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. You've been busy this week!
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 am Doctor Cylon continues his Tinker Bell Series with the little pixie bending over once again.

Yes, the "exposure" question arises once again, and again while it's on the border we find it not entirely gratuitous.
Again, I think the giant breasts seem out of place for such a diminutive character, but she's cute anyway.
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 am We continue the Rivals of Humorama Series with Hurric Wife Spanking. The verse may be bad, but the spanking is good!
Yes! The woman is nicely proportioned, and bending over to show off her husband's handiwork. No clue is offered whether she did something naughty, or if the spanking was sexual foreplay... but in this case, it doesn't really matter!
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:12 am Resident Artist Hugob00m brings us the latest installment of O. T. Katie, Kaylyn's Coffee Ad, in which Kaylyn re-makes a Tartan Blend Coffee commercial from the past. Alas for her, that commercial featured a spanking!
As usual, thanks for the plug. Kaylyn, like her great-grandmother, is a bit of an exhibitionist. If getting spanked makes her the center of attention, she's willing to endure a sore butt! :D :D :D :D And Tartan Blend Coffee is a family tradition for her!
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:12 am Extra Bonus for Willjohn: It's a Missed Opportunity Down Under with the Australian comic strip Devil Doone.
I'm not familiar with that comic. I've seen the name before. Too bad he didn't get involved in any spankings.
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 am The Public Paddlings Series continues with a change of scene to the Heart Attack Grill where the lovely Adley Stump discovers that if she doesn't finish her hamburger, she'll get spanked!
Wow! She's pretty. She gets whacked with a paddle. One thing that might've made this video even more fun would be for the cameraman to move around for a view of her "target area".
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 am Hugob00m needs no introduction, but he will get the spotlight next week, so stay tuned.
Thanks for mentioning me in your honor roll again. Hmmm! "Spotlight"? That's intriguing. I'll have to see what you've got planned.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! What a nice red bottom Tinker Bell have as she shows it off along with her womanly glory :D :D job well done Doctor Cylon 8-) 8-) was looking to see a Spanking in Devil Doone :( but maybe there is one in a later comic :twisted: :) :) don`t know who frown upon wife spanking !!! maybe the wives who are spanked or the ones in fear of getting spanked :twisted: :lol: :lol: love that the husband after spanking his wife bottom red is about to forgive her for her crime ;) ;) Good drawing 8-) 8-) Love the pain look on Adley Stump face as she is paddle hard by the nurse :twisted: :lol: :lol: also the guy in the back could feel her pain :twisted: :lol: :lol: Great paddling!!! Thanks Stay Safe!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

20th Anniversary Honor Roll, Part 3

Post by web-ed »

My thanks to these contributors (we'll do further installments until I've covered everyone):

Jim Linderman - Jim runs the blog Vintage Sleaze, which unfortunately has gone invitation-only, and provided us with some nice spankings you can find in the Art Gallery.

John Feer contributed some great fiction featuring Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes. Unfortunately, lack of time prevents him from writing more fiction these days.

Johnny Ola – discovered Plastic Man spanking a bad girl

JS666 – given us much help with our comic strip stuff (Smilin’ Jack, Brenda Starr, Winnie Winkle) and that crazy Ladybugs spanking photo.

Jules – agreed to let us publish “Thursday’s Spanking” in our Fiction Section (after we insisted!)

Kevin Karstens is best known here for his collaborations with scenarist Bawdy Bard, but he has done a few other spanking drawings as well (typically as commissions) and in fact we'll be seeing one soon in Doctor Cylon's Tinker Bell Series

Leilani – Contributed some very unusual items to our Fiction Section

Lucas - sent us Cc’s “Avoiding Domestic Discipline” series and contributed a lot of information on spankings of Mexican origin such as Santo.

Luther - found a recolored version of the still-mysterious spanking of what appears to be a secretary in an unknown comic book.

Lyndal Ferguson - Contributed a huge amount of original spanking art, including the Mr. Monster centerpiece of Comics Gallery 2, a Creature of the Black Lagoon spanking, and even a scene with Gumby as the spanker!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/26/2024 - Part 1

Post by web-ed »

• Doctor Cylon continues his Tinker Bell Series with yet more bending over. Tink must be in really good shape after all that exercise! :lol:
  • Blast from the Past: This week's Doctor Cylon offering is the last of Julius Zimmerman's Tinker Bell drawings we have there, but years ago we posted a Zimmerman piece with Tink bending over once again, this time to actually receive swats in school with a ruler which to her is like a very large paddle.
This is the last Zimmerman piece with Tinker Bell that I have (there's lots more of Zimmerman with other characters), so I wanted to remind everyone of that earlier post in the Art Gallery. Doctor Cylon must somehow have never run across it or I'm sure he couldn't have resisted coloring the piece, since we have Tink not only bending over but actually receiving a tremendous swat! This was surely one of Zimmerman's best spanking works.

As for "Pretty Tulips," B00m is right about the enormous boobs being out of place and of course there's the "exposure" question as well. The fact is that Zimmerman present the viewer - and this editor - with a lot of problems. Even Doctor Cylon was troubled by them.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/26/2024 - Part 2

Post by web-ed »

• We continue the Rivals of Humorama Series with a Pat on the "Back".
  • The Public Paddlings Series returns to the Hofbrauhaus and a waiter named "Coco" as we witness eight separate scenes involving a dozen women bending over for swats in Coco and his Paddle #1-#8! And if you missed it last week because it was a late addition to the updates, don't forget to check out Adley Stump getting "her butt spanked into next week" - next week is here! (No link here but you can find one on the Home Page or on the Video and Games Page.
The Lowell Hoppes' "Pat on the Back" spanking cartoon is certainly a little weak, mainly because Hoppes never gives us more than a butt slap (two other examples are linked to on the page), but after some deliberation I decided to include it in the "Rivals" series, which we're near the end of, rather than regarding it as a missed opportunity.

With the Public Paddlings, we have the first of what will be a periodic sub-series featuring "Coco and His Paddle". Coco is definitely a spanko and I've got a few more of his paddling videos in the bag waiting to be edited (two are already done) with more quite possibly available when I have more time to pursue them. The only question as to when I can post them comes back to that "time" question, and I'll say a little more about that in the next post.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/26/2024 - Part 3

Post by web-ed »

• Resident Artist Hugob00m brings us the latest installment of O. T. Katie, Katie's Coffee Commercial, which bears a distinct (if unsurprising) similarity to Kaylyn's Tartan Blend Coffee that we saw last week :lol: .
    Extra Bonus for B00m: We unveil the Hugob00m Gallery, in which we've collected some of B00m's non-O. T. Katie work.
O.K., so why a new Gallery for B00m when he's already got his own on this board? One reason was because he's a hard guy to "shop" for - what do you give someone who can draw his own spankings? I suppose a dozen drawings or photos of redheads receiving equally-red bottoms would have been appropriate, but I didn't have anything like that handy. Another more important reason is to try to increase the exposure of B00m's work to the wider spanking public when they search the web for "spanking": without going into too many technical details, I suspect that the major search engines can "find" pages on the main site more easily than they can over here on the board. One reason for that is that I can control what is called the "metadata" on the main site but I can't control it here.

For example, on the page containing "Fourteenth O. T. Katie Thread" the metadata (created by the board's code) reads as follows: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />

none of which says anything about B00m, his art, or spanking! Whereas in B00m's new gallery I wrote this:

<meta name="keywords" content="spanking,drawing,art,modified,hugob00m,gallery">
<meta name="description" content="gallery featuring spanking drawings modified by artist hugob00m">

which is far more descriptive of the actual page content. My hope is that the search engines will more easily locate the gallery because of this. Of course, those engines don't simply look at the metadata - the tech companies keep their algorithms secret among other reasons because they're using them to censor search results and re-direct the user to favored sites, especially when it comes to "hot-button" issues and of course for paid advertising purposes - but their robots must surely at least read and record the metadata.

The gallery is for now located within the Art Gallery, because doing that saved me a lot of time in creating new directories, etc., but we can always move it later if we want to.

Most if not all of the initial content (20 pieces) has already been seen on this board, but this way it's gathered together and if some of B00m's early animations turn up I can always add them later.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Next Week (May 3, 2024) and Beyond

Post by web-ed »

I managed to get through April, our 20th Anniversary Month, but things are going rather badly for me again and I won't be able to keep up the pace of three updates per week. I hope to be able to keep doing two, but it's bad enough right now I can't even be sure I will be able to post anything next week although the coding is already done. However, I have renewed CSR for another year and certainly hope to be around for a long time yet. If there aren't any updates next week, I'll try to post a note to that effect, and everyone be sure to return in the weeks after that because barring sudden death (not very likely) I'm going to be here.

Near term, as I indicated, is going to be rough but I do anticipate getting through May somehow and continuing with the annual Super-Spanking Summer beginning in June.

I predict a lot of turmoil for this country in the fall but of course I don't know exactly what's going to happen (it's not what I'd call "quiet" even now), nor can I say how those upcoming events will affect CSR - we'll all just have to wait and see. (The Democrat Party's convention in Chicago this August may make what happened here in 1968 look like a tea party in comparison). I'm reluctant to make any predictions since I was wrong about Ukraine - you may remember I thought that of course our leaders couldn't be stupid enough to continue a war there when a peace agreement could easily be worked out. Two years later...well, here we are. And what's going on in America right now is completely without precedent, so I don't feel safe predicting anything except an unspecified Trouble with a capital "T". Let's just hope we're all around to continue enjoying more spanking material!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:36 am Doctor Cylon continues his Tinker Bell Series with yet more bending over. Tink must be in really good shape after all that exercise! :lol:
Yes. she certainly keeps her little waist trim.
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:36 am Blast from the Past: This week's Doctor Cylon offering is the last of Julius Zimmerman's Tinker Bell drawings we have there, but years ago we posted a Zimmerman piece with Tink bending over once again, this time to actually receive swats in school with a ruler which to her is like a very large paddle.
A large paddle indeed! I don't know what lessons she signed up for wearing her schoolgirl clothes, but it turns out to include some classroom discipline!
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:54 am We continue the Rivals of Humorama Series with a Pat on the "Back".
An old favorite gag! As you know, I've used the "pat" on the "back" for Katie a few times too.
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:54 am The Public Paddlings Series returns to the Hofbrauhaus and a waiter named "Coco" as we witness eight separate scenes involving a dozen women bending over for swats in Coco and his Paddle #1-#8!
A fun group of restaurant paddlings!
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am Resident Artist Hugob00m brings us the latest installment of O. T. Katie, Katie's Coffee Commercial, which bears a distinct (if unsurprising) similarity to Kaylyn's Tartan Blend Coffee that we saw last week :lol: .
Thanks for the plug.
web-ed wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am Extra Bonus for B00m: We unveil the Hugob00m Gallery, in which we've collected some of B00m's non-O. T. Katie work.
That's cool!

Of course, the O.T. Katie stories are all written and drawn by me, whereas those ones are other people's drawings that I've either altered in some way or re-captioned. Originally, I posted them where I thought they were most appropriate: threads about Archie characters, threads about Humorama, etc. It's nice to see them together.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR ! Love HugobOOm Spanking Art Gallery ! Fantastic 8-) 8-) Tinker Bell next to Ariel The Little Mermaid are the two shapely females in Disney cartoons :D :D Great drawings!!! wonder did stores back in the 70`s censor National Lampoon Back To College magazine :twisted: The professor is really strict about students failing his class :twisted: :lol: :lol: Excellent magazine cover 8-) 8-) Coco is living a spanko`s dream! bet he never missed a day of work :lol: :lol: only flaw he needs a bigger paddle for those large bottom women :twisted: :lol: :lol: The Pat on the Back drawing is nice but the skirt the secretary is wearing is way too short :lol: :lol: Thanks Be Safe !!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/26/2024

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:43 pm HI WEB-ED CSR ! Love HugobOOm Spanking Art Gallery ! Fantastic 8-) 8-) Tinker Bell next to Ariel The Little Mermaid are the two shapely females in Disney cartoons :D :D Great drawings!!! wonder did stores back in the 70`s censor National Lampoon Back To College magazine :twisted: The professor is really strict about students failing his class :twisted: :lol: :lol: Excellent magazine cover 8-) 8-) Coco is living a spanko`s dream! bet he never missed a day of work :lol: :lol: only flaw he needs a bigger paddle for those large bottom women :twisted: :lol: :lol: The Pat on the Back drawing is nice but the skirt the secretary is wearing is way too short :lol: :lol: Thanks Be Safe !!!
You'll be glad to know, Butch, that although we've reached the end of Zimmerman's Tinker Bell work we can present here (I think I remember seeing some other drawings that were sexually explicit but Doctor Cylon never touched them), we have more of Tink coming up from other artists and more of Zimmerman with other characters!

Did stores back in the 70s censor National Lampoon? As I remember it, NL was sometimes available in bookstores but we didn't have big-city newsstands where I lived (never within the Chicago city limits, thank goodness). NL was, because of the occasional nudity, often shelved along with Playboy and Penthouse, and it may be that it wasn't offered at stores that didn't carry those two rather tame (compared to Hustler) publications. I believe it was also carried in my local comics shop (Amazing Fantasy, still around today although not at its original location) but by the time I started shopping there, c. 1979, I was no longer interested in NL. (They had piqued my interest around 1970 by showing a picture of some girl's bare bottom, but their combination of bad taste and no spankings had quickly turned me off.)

So I don't think NL was censored for that classic spanking cover by Birney Lettick (1919–1986), but I do remember hearing a story about someone at a store recently (past dozen years or so) who requested some kind of printed matter with a spanking - it may have been that issue of the Lampoon - and getting a withering, offended look from the female clerk. No doubt she was the radical feminist type.

And if you liked Coco's adventures in this week's video, you'll love Coco #9 (not sure yet when it will be posted but I have already edited the video) which features a side view of the paddling of a girl wearing cut-off jeans. :D
-- Web-Ed