Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/25/2015

Post by web-ed »

Merry Christmas everyone , and welcome to this Christmas edition of CSR :D ! Overbarrel and Fritz Bondocley carry the ball this week with some holiday-themed cartoons. For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page.
  • CSR Resident Artist Overbarrel is no stranger to Christmas-themed spanking cartoons, and he's done several for 2015 in his gallery you won't want to miss if you haven't already seen them.
  • And speaking of Overbarrel, we dug up one of his Christmas cartoons from several years ago and placed it in the Picture Gallery: It's not wise for bad girls to spend too much time visiting naughty internet sites as their boyfriends may find out and spank them!
  • Santa knows if you've been bad or good, and this grown-up girl must have been very bad, for Santa finds it necessary to spank her. Art by Fritz Bondocley.
Next Week: I don't know what I can do for New Year's Day as I don't have any New Year's spanking cartoons, but we'll have at least one comics spanking update and I hope some discussion of what to expect in 2016. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by willjohn »

Overbarrel always brings something to the table.

Hope it's not a turducken....
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:CSR Resident Artist Overbarrel is no stranger to Christmas-themed spanking cartoons, and he's done several for 2015 in his gallery you won't want to miss if you haven't already seen them.
And speaking of Overbarrel, we dug up one of his Christmas cartoons from several years ago and placed it in the Picture Gallery: It's not wise for bad girls to spend too much time visiting naughty internet sites as their boyfriends may find out and spank them!
hi web-ed,

thanks for the plug for my Christmas toons :D . i'm happy to be able to contribute to our Christmas themed spanking toons :D . i love the Santa spanking done by Fritz Bondocley :D . you mentioned the good OTK positioning and i also like the expression on the naughy girl's face. she clearly was not expecting this :lol: i hope she wasn't expecting to be sitting down later in the day :lol: . good gag too as presented by our shocked little boys.
willjohn wrote:Overbarrel always brings something to the table.

Hope it's not a turducken....
thanks Willjohn,

i'm glad you enjoyed my Santa spankings :D . nope.......no turducken...........not even a turbriskfil for you "big bang theory" fans :lol:

good updates again this week, web-ed :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!`` WEB-ED CSR :D :D :D !!! BIG THUMBS UP Overbarrel for your Christmas Spanking Toons 8-) 8-) 8-) Man those Hiney sisters really do have big bottom specially Packin :D the name fits her well :D what a behind she have!!! Santa must really love have all that over his lap :lol: :lol: The Christmas cookie spanking is also GOOD :D Micheal should have ask Santa for a hairbrush to spank his girlfriend with :twisted: :lol: that would take that smile off her face :lol: Those two boys will never forget what they saw EVER!! while visiting Santa :twisted: :lol: Super Great OTK in this Fritz BonDocley spanking drawing 8-) :lol: the woman is very pretty and well built with a plump rear :D like the shock look on her face! wonder what she did to deserve a spanking??``Santa have a stern look of his face meaning this is a discipline spanking! the gag is great along with the color! GREAT DRAWING!! THANKS!! WEB-ED !!
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/25/2015

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. It's nice to see that, even on Christmas Eve, you were willing to do an update!
web-ed wrote: CSR Resident Artist Overbarrel[/b] is no stranger to Christmas-themed spanking cartoons, and he's done several for 2015 in his gallery you won't want to miss if you haven't already seen them.
And speaking of Overbarrel, we dug up one of his Christmas cartoons from several years ago and placed it in the Picture Gallery: It's not wise for bad girls to spend too much time visiting naughty internet sites as their boyfriends may find out and spank them!
I didn't come up with any Christmas-themed cartoons this year, and so, I'm glad Overbarrel was able to take up the slack! Thanks, Overbarrel and thanks, Web-ed!
web-ed wrote: Santa knows if you've been bad or good, and this grown-up girl must have been very bad, for Santa finds it necessary to spank her. Art by Fritz Bondocley.
I don't know much about Fritz Bondocley... except that he drew a bunch of cute spanking cartoons for a calendar a while back, and this must be one of them. I thin he also uses the name "Rocky Fritz"

Merry Christmas to all of you ar C.S.R.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: BIG THUMBS UP Overbarrel for your Christmas Spanking Toons 8-) 8-) 8-) Man those Hiney sisters really do have big bottom specially Packin :D the name fits her well :D what a behind she have!!! Santa must really love have all that over his lap :lol: :lol: The Christmas cookie spanking is also GOOD :D Micheal should have ask Santa for a hairbrush to spank his girlfriend with :twisted: :lol: that would take that smile off her face :lol:
hi Butch,

i'm glad you enjoyed my Santa spanking toons and the Hiney sisters :D . i'm also glad you think Packin Hiney is well named :lol: . as far as the Christmas cookies toon goes, perhaps Santa will bring Michael a hairbrush or a paddle next year......if she's this turned on by a hand spanking, just think how muc better it will be when a paddle starts stinging her naughty, little bottom :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I didn't come up with any Christmas-themed cartoons this year, and so, I'm glad Overbarrel was able to take up the slack! Thanks, Overbarrel and thanks, Web-ed!
hi Boom,

you're welcome and i'm glad you enjoyed the toons :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/25/2015

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed. It's nice to see that, even on Christmas Eve, you were willing to do an update!

I don't know much about Fritz Bondocley... except that he drew a bunch of cute spanking cartoons for a calendar a while back, and this must be one of them. I think he also uses the name "Rocky Fritz"

Merry Christmas to all of you at C.S.R.
I'm glad to do it, b00m, although I admit I'm under so much of a strain these days I keep worrying that I'm going to miss an update, or at least be unable to do some of the more-involved things I have planned.

Yes, he's used the name "Rocky Fritz" and "Fritz Bundeslange" also, but I don't know more about him than that. We'll have a series of his cartoons one of these days.

Thanks for the holiday wishes! :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/01/2016

Post by web-ed »

Happy New Year everyone, and welcome to this New Year's Day edition of CSR! Since I don't have any New Year's-themed spanking cartoons, I came up with a new version of one of The Seven Spankings that was known to us back in the old days. It was this one, from The Saint #5, which we posted back in 2010. It was reprinted for the first time not long after its original appearance, and then again many years later. It's that second reprint, from 1989, that we'll see in this update.

That one update wasn't much, but it was really all I could manage this week. Besides, I'm sure many CSR readers are still busy with the holiday season. So let's talk a little about what to expect in 2016.
  • Another Romantic Spanking Month in February: I only found two new romance comics spankings in the past year, but I have updates for some of the old pages as well.
  • Rivals of Humorama: I’ve wanted to do this one for some time. We’ll see some of the many other men’s cartoon humor magazines that were published during Humorama’s days along with any spankings they had - and they had a few, although nowhere near as many as Humorama.
  • Super-Spanking Summer: an annual favorite. I should be able to manage two scenes per week based on how many I've got in the files right now.
All that will take us to the fall. Let’s hope I think of something to do in autumn by then! :lol:

Next Week: We'll have some more updates to existing comics pages with new scans and the December Spanking Search Report. I'm delaying that one week so I can also go into more details on the statuses of the various ongoing searches, including where we now stand with Humorama. See you then :) !
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

As a child I used to follow The Saint in a strip cartoon in one of the Sydney newspapers. I always remember Simon Templar as being drawn with a moustache, goatee and receding hairline. This strip must have been from an earlier time.

Happy New Year to all the spankers, spankees and lurkers.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:As a child I used to follow The Saint in a strip cartoon in one of the Sydney newspapers. I always remember Simon Templar as being drawn with a moustache, goatee and receding hairline. This strip must have been from an earlier time.

Happy New Year to all the spankers, spankees and lurkers.
This one was from the late 40's. I still don't have a copy complete with indicia, although I hope to come across one some day, so I don't have its exact date. My rough calculation is 1948.

I've never read any of the books by Leslie Charteris, so I'm not sure how he described Templar. I imagine you've seen the television version with Roger Moore - it was a British export that made it here to America, so I suppose it played on Australian T.V. also in the 60's. I thought he certainly looked the part. There were also some movies with George Sanders, I believe.

Happy New Year! :D
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The time I am talking about was the late 50s early 60s. At that time there were two afternoon papers in Sydney, the Daily Mirror and The Sun. Neither now exist.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i read through all the older posts on this weeks update and, as always, i am impressed with the amount of information you present concerning the history of these.......how many reprintings and by whom.......the changing of the hero's name to avoid royalties etc. i'm also impressed by the detective work it takes to try to determine just who wrote these stories and who did the art work. in this case, you have deduced that the artist is probably Ralph Mayo. the fact that the gem in question in this strip is the "Mayo" diamond would seem to indicate to me that you are correct and makes me wonder if Mayo didn't have something to do with the writing of this too???

in any case, it's a good story where the naughty girl gets a well deserved spanking :D . i like the OTK position although the spankee seems a bit stiff. still, i'll take it 8-) . good update this week. i'll be looking forward to all the things you have planned for the new year :D . Happy New Year everyone :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 01/01/2016

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: That one update wasn't much, but it was really all I could manage this week.
Well, yeah, maybe... but this busy time of the year, and you being under the weather, I'm glad you were able to do this much! The new black and white scan is a clearer copy than I've ever seen before. (And the black and white version might be easier for someone to alter... like, for instance drawing a bare butt on the evil princess! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
web-ed wrote: [*]Another Romantic Spanking Month in February: I only found two new romance comics spankings in the past year, but I have updates for some of the old pages as well.
I really like Romantic Spanking Month. Maybe I can come up with an O.T. Katie story to fit the theme before the end of February.
web-ed wrote: [*]Rivals of Humorama: I’ve wanted to do this one for some time. We’ll see some of the many other men’s cartoon humor magazines that were published during Humorama’s days along with any spankings they had - and they had a few, although nowhere near as many as Humorama.
Sounds like fun!
web-ed wrote: [*]Super-Spanking Summer: an annual favorite. I should be able to manage two scenes per week based on how many I've got in the files right now.[/list]!
Mmmmmmmm! i always like to see super-villainesses in their tight-fitting costumes being turned over someone's knee! :D :D :D :D
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!`` WEB-ED CSR :D :D :D GREAT Job on your research on The Saint comic book spanking 8-) remember watching The Saint tv show both black and white and color versions back in the 60`s too bad there was only one real spanking in that series the other had a beautiful young woman over his knee and for some reason he showed mercy and released her :x ! anyway this is a Great spanking scene as the Saint turn a very naughty Princess over his knee for a well earn spanking :lol: only flaw is her reaction OW! I would have thought a woman like her being treated like a child would put up a wild fight across his lap :lol: also love the tittle in the later comic Tough Guys and Wild Women you would think with a tittle like that there would be plenty of spanking in it :D :D HOT SPANKING IN COMIC!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WEB -ED AND CAN`T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU FOUND FOR THE NEW YEAR 8-) 8-) !!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:hi web-ed,

i read through all the older posts on this weeks update and, as always, i am impressed with the amount of information you present concerning the history of these.......how many reprintings and by whom.......the changing of the hero's name to avoid royalties etc. i'm also impressed by the detective work it takes to try to determine just who wrote these stories and who did the art work. in this case, you have deduced that the artist is probably Ralph Mayo. the fact that the gem in question in this strip is the "Mayo" diamond would seem to indicate to me that you are correct and makes me wonder if Mayo didn't have something to do with the writing of this too???
Thanks very much, Phil - and now an extra thanks to you for finding a clue I'd overlooked, even though it was right there in front of me :oops:. Although I had read the Saint story before posting it back in 2010, I hadn't paid any attention to Princess Iona's reference to the Mayo diamond! I was very curious about the art, but had reached a dead-end in my research until I focused my attention on Exciting Comics, which I think happened when I discovered that Judy of the Jungle spanking (not to brag).

Naturally, I then examined every issue of Exciting I could find in the hopes of finding "exciting" new spankings, and seeing the examples of Ralph Mayo's art there triggered a memory of some of the panels back in "The Diamond of Death". I can actually still "see" thousands of comic-book panels in my mind, which I supposed is a gift I should be grateful for although it probably sounds really weird to most people :lol: . After that, it was simply a matter of carefully comparing the two sets of figures. And yet, I still didn't notice the reference to the "Mayo" diamond even after I had concluded that Mayo was the artist! Yeesh!

Now on to your last question: did Mayo have anything to do with the writing? Alas, we'll probably never know. He certainly could have as there are no surviving records from Avon (if they even ever kept any) as to who did what. But it's also possible that the writer simply put that in as an in-joke, knowing that Ralph Mayo would be the artist. I would say that was slightly less probable than Mayo himself having been the writer since most freelance writers would have no way of knowing what artist would be assigned to their script, but it's certainly possible: Wally Wood, in his Cannon comic, named one of the villains "Hama" after his assistant at that time Larry Hama. (Lots of naked women but no spankings in Cannon, by the way - of course I looked :lol: ).
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Thanks very much, Phil - and now an extra thanks to you for finding a clue I'd overlooked, even though it was right there in front of me :oops:
hi web-ed,

glad i could be of help :D . considering how complicated trying to figure this all out turned out to be, that's probably why you missed this ;) . phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

Happy New Year everyone!

thanks Web-ed for all you do.......there is no small thing, it's the holidays and know you've been under the weather so anything you do for us i know i appreciate! Phil, thanks for all your Christmas pictures. a Santa spanking is a BIG fantasy, so I enjoy them.......alot! :lol: Boom, no Christmas Katie but that's ok, i eagerly await your next one whenever you find time! Waiting for a new Katie is almost as good as waiting for a spanking!

May we all spend some good time together here this year, and everyone be healthy and happy!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote: Phil, thanks for all your Christmas pictures. a Santa spanking is a BIG fantasy, so I enjoy them.......alot! :lol:
hi Sunflower,

i'm glad you enjoyed my Santa spanking pics :D . i think being on the naughty list and getting spanked by Santa is a big fantasy for many women............even some that aren't spankees 8-) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/08/2016

Post by web-ed »

We continue to revisit comic-book spankings we posted in the past to show new scans. This time, it's three spankings from Smilin' Jack! New color scans from the reprinting of the original strips seven years later. I've also included a fair amount of the surrounding story.

Next, let's get the December Spanking Search Report out of the way:
Pages searched: 5446
Total: 525849
Comic Spankings: 1

Not a good month by any means as only one bad M/M scene turned up :( : Scream Comics #4 (Summer 1944?, Humor Publications) – M/M, OTK, Hand, Citizen / Nip & Tuck. Nip and Tuck are the Whiz Kids, the name of this strip. They play too many practical jokes on a gentleman at the beach, and he spanks them. This won't be posted, but I'll send it along to anyone who's interested, and I'll put it in the Data Base shortly.

Now let's talk about the ongoing searches for more spankings from comic books and strips :D ! Not a lot of good comics spankings discovered in 2015, but there were a few with several others added to the “known or probable” category. And even after 6 years of searching, there remain many romance comics (and others) to be looked at. My comics searching is actually broken up into three parts:

1. Golden Age comics that are available in digital form – these are relatively easy to search but time-consuming because of their sheer number. I look at most of those as soon as their scans become available, but I tend to pass up the funny animal, science-fiction, and horror genres as these are unlikely to contain any adult spankings. (The only known Sci-Fi spanking is M/M, and the only known spanking in a horror comic was a reprint from a crime title). Crime comics are rather unlikely sources also. The only problem with this method is that because I have no prior clues as to which issue might have a spanking, I have to look at everything. Many thousands of pages of GA romance comics the past year have yielded only two spankings, which we’ll see in February.
2. Reprints – I have searched certain comic strips and Wonder Woman’s early GA appearances this way. There are two problems: only a small portion of strips have been reprinted, and it’s expensive to buy hardcover comics reprint books. For example, with Wonder Woman I’m up to about 1947, and until DC gets around to reprinting more of her comics I’m pretty well stymied since I can’t possibly afford to buy the original comics. I do know there’s at least one more Holliday Girls sorority paddling because I saw it once back in the 70’s, and of course I’ll keep looking for it and any other spankings there might be until Bob Kanigher took over the scripting in 1948. (It is very unlikely that Kanigher wrote any spanking scenes).
3. Research – this means of library or sales catalogs and similar searches. It’s as difficult and time-consuming as it sounds, but I have found several significant spankings this way, for example EC’s Modern Love #3. At the current time, I know of at least 4 comics with spankings that I simply haven’t been able to get a hold of.

So what’s still out there, you ask?

1. More romance comics – yes, even from the GA, but there are also late Silver Age and half the Bronze Age to consider as well. (I believe the first 10 years of the SA are a “dead zone” for comics spankings because of the Comics Code). There could be something left in Charlton’s romance comics from the 70’s, even though so many spankings have been found (I’m going to identify another one in February which had been seen before but not nailed down). DC Romance comics are still largely unexplored (and they contain the continuations of Romance titles from defunct companies, including the grandmother of them all, Young Romance), and there are even still a few titles from Atlas (Marvel). There are two definite spankings left from this genre (I know the issues but can’t get them) and probably a number of others.
2. Early MLJ (Archie) comics – in fact I know of one here for sure but haven’t been able to get either the book or a digital scan yet. Many of these are rare and valuable books, therefore I haven’t been able to examine them. We have reason to hope for more than just Archie and Jughead living in fear of their Dads’ hairbrushes, which certainly was an early motif. There just could there be an early spanking of Betty or Veronica, or of some now-forgotten character from the pre-Archie era at MLJ.
3. Timely/Atlas (early Marvel) – I’d be very surprised if there were nothing else here. Problem: these titles are mostly still copyrighted, which means no free digital scans. These books are rare and expensive today. It’s possible I’ll be able to get to some of them as the years go by.
4. Strips – difficult to search, and no way of really guessing what’s yet to be found. I do have some examples in the files, though, and we’ll get to them at least. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there were yet another Phantom spanking, for example?
5. Super-heroes: we all love M/F superhero spankings! Are there any more out there? I’m honestly not sure, although of course it’s possible. I’m not holding any M/F superhero scenes (from actual comics) back in my files at the moment, but I do have one M/F butt-slap from an unidentified Spirit strip. I’ll suggest Harvey Comics as one possibility, although Green Hornet (quite a strong possibility, really) is not available because it’s still under copyright (note that we do have a spanking from a backup feature in his title). I do have a Blackhawk spanking I’m still trying to identify completely, but I’d class that as Adventure rather than Super-hero. There is one very interesting spanking I identified last year, and I have a poor scan of it, but it’s F/F! Very unusual in the GA, this is a little-known superheroine spanking a young woman and is still of considerable interest. I’m facing the usual problem in bringing it to you – it’s a rare and valuable book I haven’t been able to find a copy of. But sooner or later…!

Well, that's a lot for one week. Let's talk about where things stand with Humorama next week. :)
-- Web-Ed