Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

From what you've said in the past, it would appear that you have plenty of comic spankings to present to us so I'm not inclined to worry too much because you're running a bit behind on your searches. Besides, you aren't the only one who is running behind lately. Now, for this week's update. First off, thanks to Phil S. for locating the whole strip. As we've discussed before, it's always much better when we know the story behind a spanking :D . I'm inclined to agree with you about the spanking position. Perhaps knights are strong enough to pull this position off but I too would have added a stump for Oaky to sit on. It seems a simple solution :roll: . Still our naughty girl is basically in the proper position to receive a spanking and I do like the startled look on her face :lol: . Looking at the panels leading up to the spanking, I noticed that our spankee apparently knew full well that what she was doing was wrong. I say that because as she is explaining what she had done to Oaky and telling him not to be a sap, her expression appears to be one of embarrassment 8-) . To me, it seems that she knew it was wrong and decided to do it anyway, the perfect reason to spank a naughty girl 8-) . I too like the horse laughing at her predicament :lol: . I've seen Dave Wolfe do this in his Wolfietoons many times. I guess I'll have to ask him if this is where his inspiration came from. Good update! Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-ed:

A thousand pardons, but I suspect your scan of the "Oaky spanks Mimi" panel is a victim of letterpress color overlap. It looks as if Mimi's bottom is misshapen.

I submit that the enclosed scan presents her target area a bit better, and more lifelike.

butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR PHIL!!!!! GOOD to see a new Oaky Doaks spanking story :D :!: :!: :!: Great Plot Beautiful well Shaped Spankee and Great humor love the horse laughing at the spanking he is seeing :twisted: :lol: :lol: only flaw how is Oaky spanking her :? look like he lifting her up while spanking :? :lol: think it was lazy of the artist for not having Oaky seated on either a tree stump log or rock with Mimi planted over his lap! Anyway this is a Great Spanking of a spoil woman 8-) BIG THUMBS UP!! TO SweetSpot And Alan 8-) 8-) 8-) THANKS!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed
web-ed wrote:Now for the weekly updates: After running the incredible spanking storyline from Oaky Doaks all April, you might think we'd be done with the strip - but no! The Comic Strip Series continues with another spanking from Oaky Doaks that took place some years later, Oaky Spanks Mimi. I had this one in the files for several years after Alan sent it to me trying to get more details which Phil Sweetspot was recently able to fill in.
Wow! Oaky Doaks got to spank yet another pretty girl! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks to you, Sweetspot, and Alan for locating and posting this little gem!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/12/2017

Post by web-ed »

After running spankings from Oaky Doaks the past five weeks, you'd think we surely must be done with the strip - but no! The Comic Strip Series continues with another spanking from Oaky Doaks. This is one we'd actually posted years ago without recognizing the source, Laughing Wolf Spanks Plenty Bear. Sweetspot took it upon himself to investigate, and provided us with brand-new scans!

This winds up our Oaky mini-series (it was really more of a maxi-series with 8 new spankings plus this week's identification of an old one), so what can we do for an encore? Well...

Next Week: April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, and so for our third update in May we'll launch into a 5-part series on spankings from the comic strip art of Don Flowers :) !

Butch had actually asked us about any possible spanking cartoon by Flowers back in 2011 when we were just starting to run the formal Humorama Series (yes, it's been that long, although the series continued into 2013 and in fact will return at least once more in the future), and at the time we didn't know of any. But that has now changed, as Dave Wolfe located two on Ebay and Phil Sweetspot found three more from Flowers' early days in the 1930's. :D

This is big news by any reasonable standard (of spanking in comics, anyway) and you won't want to miss any of it (assuming I can get around to coding it) :!:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Enhanced Spanking Panel

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Web-ed:

A thousand pardons, but I suspect your scan of the "Oaky spanks Mimi" panel is a victim of letterpress color overlap. It looks as if Mimi's bottom is misshapen.

I submit that the enclosed scan presents her target area a bit better, and more lifelike.
I heartily agree, Dan, and thank you for your effort! I've added your enhanced version to the page now. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I thought this week's drawing was definitely a good one :D . First off, I like the idea of a headstrong young Indian maiden getting her comeuppance over the knee of her man :D . As you mentioned, she's a cute spankee and the OTK position is good. I also like the look of surprise and apprehension on her face as the spanking is applied to her nicely rounded bottom 8-) . Our spanker has a very determined and somewhat annoyed look on his face. I'm assuming that as time goes on and he spanks his naughty girl more often he will loosen up a bit and start earning the name laughing Wolf :lol: . I couldn't help but notice that in the second strip, she is looking really irritated as Laughing Wolf leads her away towards his canoe and I just can't help but believe that they'll never make it across the lake before she is OTK again, this time feeling that paddle on her backside 8-) . It appears that she is one of those headstrong girls who will require many spankings before she finally learns to submit. I guess she'll be earning the name Plenty Bare for a long while before she gets to that point :lol: . Pomona , on the other hand, appears to be genuinely worried and apprehensive even though Oaky hasn't actually said he's going to spank her 8-) . Of course, she did challenge him by telling him not to ever do that to her, so maybe she was testing him to see what kind of man he is......and hoping that he will and hoping that he won't all at the same time.......after all, spankees are an enigmatic lot :lol: . Thanks and a tip of the hat to Phil S. for locating the particulars of this spanking for us :D . Good update! Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR !! GREAT!"" OAKY COMIC STRIP THIS WEEK 8-) 8-) How nice is it to see a beautiful headstrong Princess being taken down a peg with an over the knee spanking :!: :D :D have to laugh at her name Plenty Bear :lol: to me it should have been Plenty Bare ;) :twisted: :lol: :lol: anyway the otk is Good! and the spanker is laying it on hard 8-) the spanking threat Oaky gives his girl and the look on her face says a lot :lol: :lol: Thumbs up to comics from the past who knows the best way to deal with a bad females put her over your knee and give her a good spanking! :twisted: 8-) :lol: :lol:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Thanks, Web-ed and Sweetspot! It was nice to see some of the context of the spanking that Plenty Bear got from Laughing Wolf.

I wonder if Oaky ever took Pomona's dare? ;) ;) ;) ;)
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

As far as I know Oaky Doaks never spanks Princess Pomona. Nevertheless throughout the later years of the strip she is the focus of several spanking threats both by her eventual husband Oaky Doaks (evidently Princess Elaine was not Sir Oaky's true love after all) and by her father King Corny. All of those strips can now be found at C.S.R. around the Forum.

Finding the Oaky spanks Mimi strip was a bit of a challenge as most searches are when no dialogue is available to use as search words. I had to use words that I hoped would appear somewhere in the particular Sunday strip. In the Sunday color paper the title and the byline are too obscured to be picked up by my archiving device. But even with knowing the exact date I still came up empty-handed. I finally located the strip in question as found in the Cullman Banner of Cullman, Alabama. This paper carried the Associated Press Features Syndicate comic package. The rest of the story is that the Cullman Banner is a weekly and the day of the week it was published was on Thursday. Dan your scan is a nice improvement.

I'm looking forward to seeing the several Don Flowers drawings that will be new to me. I think Flowers is a terrific illustrator and I do believe you are going to enjoy all of his works whether from sequential panels or a stand-alone drawing.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Phil S.
Chief Comic Researcher :ugeek:
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/19/2017

Post by web-ed »

Well, we're finally through all our Oaky Doaks material after six weeks, but I'm actually sorry we don't have any more. (Perhaps there is another spanking somewhere in the 1954-61 period yet to be discovered - let's hope :) ). We had what - 8 new spankings and one now identified? - giving Oaky 10 M/F spankings altogether - an impressive number!

Since May is the month for flowers, and since Chief of Strip Research Phil Sweetspot :ugeek: discovered three excellent spanking scenes by artist Don Flowers, I decided to do a five-part series on Flowers (I had two other spankings discovered by Dave Wolfe and posted on his blog). These are all relatively recent discoveries; when Butch asked me back in 2011 if I had ever seen any "spankers" by Flowers, I hadn't - and that was after conducting a (brief) search.

I think all three of Phil's are excellent (the final two are somewhat lessened by their low-resolution scans) and we hope you enjoy them!

This week's updates (for links please visit the Home Page):
  • The alliterative and mostly-forgotten Brick Bradford threatens a spanking but never delivers.
  • April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, and so for our third update in May we launch into a 5-part series on spankings from the comic strip art of Don Flowers. We begin with the first of three very nice spankings Sweetspot discovered in Diana Dane.
Once more I have some other things to say but have run out of time to say them. Maybe next week? You'll be here for Part Two of our 5-part series on spankings from the comic strip art of Don Flowers, where Diana Dane once again winds up over her father's knee, won't you? Of course you will! :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

GREAT FIND Sweetspot 8-) 8-) 8-) !!!!!!!!! Wish Pop have use the cane on Diana bottom :D Great Strip and Great set up even though Diana didn`t do anything wrong! should told Pop she was home making the poor guy worry until 3 am hey she really did deserve a Spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: Good otk position 8-) only Pop should have been sitting on a chair giving Diana room to kick while being spanked :twisted: :lol: :lol: GREAT SPANKING IN COMIC 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

This is a very interesting story line and even more so considering the comments made by Phil S. :D . I think I might have preferred it more if she actually had been out instead of upstairs in bed but she still deserved a good spanking. I have to agree with your comments about giving a spanking on a couch. From my personal experience, the couch or bed is only good for a romantic spanking where the goal is sexual arousal rather than actual punishment. For those real spankings, I much prefer to sit in a straight back chair where I can get the spankee in the proper position to get easy access to her bottom and have a better chance to control her. 8-) The couch allows the spankee to be too comfortable whereas a nice chair puts her more off balance and takes more control away from her. I do think Flowers has presented us with a nicely drawn spankee here. I always marvel at comics like this where the spankee is drawn as very erotic but the rest of the characters are very cartoony. Apparently, comic strip readers just integrate the 2 types and barely notice the difference. I supposed drawing it this way serves to focus the viewers attention on the main character. Anyway, our spankee has a nice bottom and I like the question mark indicating her confusion :lol: . Good find my Phil S. and I appreciate the added story line both before and after the spanking :D . Thanks, Phil O.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed, and Sweetspot.

I don't usually like paternal spankings, but Diana looks so-o-o-o-o CUTE in the OTK position! I've always admired Don Flowers' art since I knew who he was.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/26/2017

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues: For our second in a 5-part series on spankings from the comic strip art of Don Flowers we have the second of three very nice paternal spankings Sweetspot discovered in Diana Dane.

These are really quite remarkable finds because Diana Dane was a nearly-forgotten strip that hadn't been published since the 50's (I'll check the exact dates as I finish writing up Spanking #3). No one so much as suspected there might be a spanking of Diana. Flowers is actually better remembered for Modest Maidens / Glamor Girls, another strip he created at the same time as Diana Dane, and the last two spankings in our series come from that strip. I've begun a discussion of Flowers' style this week, and I'll be telling you more about his career when we get to those last two spankings.

O.K., now on to some regrets. First, I'm still having trouble keeping up with my mail, so a big "sorry" to everyone who's still waiting to hear back from me. I'm really being crushed under my total workload and I simply cannot open Web-Ed's box every day - I can't even open my other five boxes every day!

Second, I'm still sitting on a lot of material that has been sent in by our valued contributors. In some cases this is because we had incomplete information about what was going on, but in others it's because my habit is to present spanking material thematically, not chronologically. This is not a FIFO (First In, First Out) operation! The result is a well-organized presentation, but some people might think I've forgotten about them - not so! Of course, I can't store my material chronologically either, which means I have to depend on memory and periodic reviews of what's in the CSR "vault" in order to know just what I have. (And then I do have some material that's never been digitized actually sitting in a trunk!)

In particular, I've had some of Bawdy Bard's cartoons sitting around for more than two years, and while I've organized most of the recent material Doctor Cylon sent me, I've not been able to present more than 1 item per month, when it should be about 1 per week.

Oh well, it was high time for another Year of the Comic Strip, and with so many discoveries by Sweetspot plus a few of my own and others, there really was no choice but to get it going, and I think the results speak for themselves. As for Doctor Cylon, we'll be seeing more of him during Super-Spanking Summer. Which reminds me:

Next Week: Super-Spanking Summer begins! I don't know with what because I haven't coded it yet - how about a Doctor Cylon Wonder Woman spanking? And we'll have the third spanking of Diana Dane by her father! And if memory serves, the return of Phil Sweetspot! No one in his right mind would want to miss all that :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

Thanks for the information about Flowers and the Diana Dane strip. I'll be looking forward to more info about all this. Now for this week's strip. I have to agree with you that the spanking is absolutely justified :D . Dignity may be the new watchword but Diana doesn't look all that dignified while she's over her father's lap getting spanked :lol: . Again, Diana is nicely drawn, although a bit too slim for my personal taste. I do like the expressions in this one. He is obviously irritated but at the same time is just as obviously getting a great deal of satisfaction while he's spanking that snotty attitude out of her 8-) . Diana, on the other hand, seems totally taken by surprise by this turn of events, which, in my opinion, is further proof that she needs even more spankings :lol: . Good update! I'll be looking forward to Super Spanking Summer. Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Mr Dane does not take any shit from Diana. One word out of line and no sitting down for a while. :lol:
jimc

Post by jimc »

i love this find and am glad that you did increase the size for this strip. I had seen it on SPK Comics 1st, but do enjoy your commentary about the strips history and artist. i had hoped that there would be more spankings in this strip, but the others are off panel and that is a shame because the spankee would have been great to see spanked. Thanks for the hard work and we look forward to all your spanking finds (of course in a world of instant finds we really don't realize how difficult it is for you to post them so thanks again for everything you doWeb-ed and have a great day.
Jim
butch46163@yahoo.com

GREAT FIND 8-) !!!! Another Great spanking or Spankin'' for Diana Dane by Pops :D :lol: :lol: the over the knee is super and I`m glad Mr. Flowers gave her more room to kick her shapely :lol: this time Pops may have to use a hairbrush on his head strong daughter next time to save his hand Ouch! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great Strip and can`t wait to see more 8-)
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

jimc wrote:i love this find and am glad that you did increase the size for this strip. I had seen it on SPK Comics 1st, but do enjoy your commentary about the strips history and artist.
Just to keep the record straight I have never grabbed a strip from SPK Comics, or anywhere else on the web, and forwarded it to Web-ed. I discovered this Oh, Diana spanking back in January of this year using my own archiving tool! I stopped even looking at SPK Comics probably six months or so ago so I can continue to experience the joy of making a find and delivering it to the readers of Chicago Spanking Review without seeing that the same strip was dumped into a tumblr [months, even a year, after I originally found it]. A tumblr that includes all kinds of images of little children getting punished :oops: [Hey though, each to their own I guess and neither Andre, myself or anyone else on the web has a copyright or exclusive use of this material] As you say only at CSR do you receive the context, history and overview of these comic strip spankings. So I swallow hard and wait it out until the site administrator has the right date in mind to publish these discoveries thematically as he put it. Sure I could just pop out my own blog but I think the best home for all things sequential art and spanking is right here at Chicago Spanking Review. As the Web-ed just wrote he has a long-line up of various material waiting to be placed on the main-site that plus the fact that he is extremely busy in all areas of his life right now means that I have to wait it out; knowing full well that I'm not the only person in the world using their computer tools and time to discover vintage mainstream spanking material. I don't even think we've seen 10% of the material I've discovered on the main-site as of yet. In fact, most of the material I searched with jimc in mind and discovered some months ago has yet to make it to CSR. Lately though, some of the finds of lesser value but that required considerable research on my part, I have gone ahead and placed here in the Forum. For example discovering the true identity of April from Gallery2. The timing for publication of that strip was perfect and besides with web-ed, as he freely admits, so far behind in answering email, I find it sometimes best to go ahead and do my own thing, so to speak. I'm not particularly concerned with the numbers of views the material receives as I am joyous about being able to discover the background of these often very interesting spanking panels and bring them to this particular "art" colony.
Thanks everyone for the always appreciated nice remarks about my efforts as Chief Strip Researcher - the CSR of C.S.R. :lol:
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sat May 27, 2017 4:15 am, edited 4 times in total.