Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by web-ed »

Sweetspot wrote: "I see the Phil's are having health issues and I am sorry to hear that as well."
Thanks for the concern. I am doing very well physically and about as well as can be expected otherwise while observing the stay-at-home orders here in Illinois. I had corrective surgery that took care of my prostate concerns back in November of 2018. It was a tough go before that but since then I have progressed nicely to a complete recovery. I'm in a decent situation economically and live close to family. I guess for being in the middle of a pandemic I have nothing to squawk about. I am however in my late '60s so I do try to be careful about social distancing and doing what I can to control any of those dreaded "underlying causes", like watching my weight and blood pressure. Although I've slowed down from my heyday of gathering spanking in the newspapers I haven't entirely given up the search for published treasures.

It's The Law! by Dick Hyman from The American June 1952
The-American-1952-06-It's The Law Dick Hyman.jpg

It Happens In Hollywood July 29, 1936 A nice and only slightly fanciful rendition of a scene from the movie Bunker Bean.
29 July 1936 Louise Latimer.jpg
Thanks for posting these, Phil - I've added them to the list of items to be posted eventually in the Newspaper and Magazine Gallery, but at this moment I can't say if I'll ever get to them. At least everyone here has now seen them.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well health-wise. Under better circumstances I would have emailed you before now to check.

Illinois is one of the worst states to be in during the pandemic as our governor seems determined to continue the shutdown until the state's economy collapses completely. I'm in a very difficult situation and can't move out of the State right now although I desperately want to.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Bunker Bean

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Used to be on Chross's movie data base which seems now to be a garbled mess.
I noticed that too when I wanted to research some film there a few months ago. I don't know what the technical problem is there; with his bulletin board he apparently converted it from one brand of software to another (with disastrous results) during the period I had stopped visiting it. Old passwords didn't work (probably because the new board couldn't decipher the old encryptions) and the attachments don't show up, either. Chross is one of the many people running spanking sites who seem to have moved on, a subject Tanner expounded upon and which I will briefly tackle in the next post.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Tanner wrote:I too share the concern about the future of sites such as ours. I am appalled when I think of all the spanking sites I used to regularly visit 10-12 years ago that have now disappeared or inactive for all intents and purposes. WorldSpankingForum,British Spanking, SpankSpot, SpankingClassics,Allthingsspanking, Myspankingforum, SpankDen, Spanking Community, ShutupnSpank- and surely more. Even the once very active SIN site has become a shadow of itself with a new facebook-like format. Not much left that are left with much activity except here, the British Bottomlines site(associated with the Spanking Library) and ipunishment which too has that facebook like format and little activity on its forum.
Even the blogs seem less active, and of course there are those with stuff that does not appeal to me, the heavy bdsm ones.One called SpankingBlog is more likely to have a lot of breasts and genitals whippings or brutal floggings instead of nice otk scenes.
I love the message board or discussion forum format but they seem to be no longer in vogue, for anything, not just spanking.
I know some are big fans of Fetlife but I declined to join when they started requiring a telephone number for registration.
I do not give out information like that to anyone online unless I know them personally or am shopping with a reputable company. I thought that was the beauty of the Internet- have a username and password that you could discuss private matters with like-minded souls that you might not care to share with the general world.
I never liked Fetlife either, Tanner (more social media crap!). In recent years I've only had time to check on two sites per week, SpankingBlog (which you mentioned and which does sometimes feature nice spanking art) and Richard Windsor, who's been talking about hanging it up and probably will in another year or two. Right now I'm not even doing that. Chross has obviously retired and his site isn't working properly as I noted in the previous post.

Why? At the moment it's hard for me to care why, but trying to put my emotional state behind for a moment, I'm inclined to blame the younger generation's fixation on social media and the "in-between" generation's (the one between us old-timers and the kids born around 2000) general aimlessness. The children born around 1980 (now 40!) already were much less well-educated than we were. Those two generations probably grew up less familiar with the art of conversation and therefore may not be interested in discussion boards as we all are.

I would say that in particular the Millenials are already showing signs of social maladjustment with too few friends - many report being lonely and unhappy. And I don't even like to think about what "social distancing" is doing to the children who should be in schools and playgrounds right now.

All this makes me wonder if the number of different board software packages that used to be out there are still available. Chross changed his board; was that the reason? Our board here is phpBB which is still undergoing active development. Technically, our biggest problem is that CSR's web host does not support the advanced version of MySQL that the latest version of phpBB requires, so our software is getting more out-of-date every year. Not much I can do about it, though, so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/22/2020

Post by web-ed »

Doctor Cylon reddens another rear in a rather strange scenario.

This is kind of a weird one, although the good Doctor's coloring is fine. I can't say why I chose it - I'm not thinking clearly and I don't trust my editorial judgments right now.

Nothing seems worthwhile. I wake up cold and shivering from misery and stress, and dreading the coming day, but I will try to go on in the hope that things eventually become bearable. I only say this so that everyone can understand why my editing isn't what it normally would be.

Thanks to all of you for your supportive comments.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Looked like a whale squashing a minnow.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Ow! You seem very depressed right now. I don't know what the circumstances are in your life, but I hope things will get better soon.

Thanks for continuing to post during this rough time.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! hope you and everyone is staying safe! Nice position of having her on top of another girl for a spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: also think the other younger girl bottom should have been bared and spanking Good Doctor Cylon Spanking drawing 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/29/2020

Post by web-ed »

We continue our series of contributions from Alan with a strange little comic we call Bad Lecture.

It's definitely a weird update. Normally in the Humor section I prefer funny spankings rather than disturbing ones, but there is something about this particular cartoonist (Ryan Kramer) that demands attention. In any case, this is not an indication that CSR is moving in a new direction; it's just that editing is really hard right now and Alan did go to some trouble to secure this one for us. I hope to have another Humorama cartoon, one appropriate for the summer season, for everyone soon. And I will certainly try to complete Alan's mini-series as well.

After that? If I can do anything at all, we'll probably start Super-Spanking Summer a little late and rely on the work of Doctor Cylon for most of the updates.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. I'm glad to see you're still carrying on with your updates.
web-ed wrote:We continue our series of contributions from Alan with a strange little comic we call Bad Lecture.

It's definitely a weird update.
Yeah, it's a weird one alright. It's really cute up until the last panel... but that ending is sure unsettling!

Taken out of context, the middle panel is really sexy... but after seeing the father's face on the girl's body... Ugh! All that sexiness is gone!

But, the joke is funny.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! This is a very weird comic :twisted: :twisted: also bad advice sure a man should never hit a woman but that don`t mean we can`t spank them when needed :lol: :lol: :lol: nice drawing
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

(shudder). :oops:
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/01/2020

Post by web-ed »

We conclude our series of contributions from Alan with a modern comic-book spanking, 2000AD.

As a matter of fact, Alan sent me some other items as well but most of them were already in my files. Two others were not, and they were both good works of art, but try as I might I could not convince myself that the spankees were over 18. And with all my other difficulties, the last thing I need right now is having to worry about that, so they won't be appearing on CSR.

As for 2000AD, I think it's a pretty good scene and while more than a little strange, it's nowhere near as strange and disturbing as last week's update. Thanks to Alan for all these contributions. :)

I decided to finish up Alan's mini-series rather than start Super-Spanking Summer on time, but we will get to SSS soon, perhaps in two weeks (nothing is definite right now because I'm barely functioning). The next update, whenever it appears (I hope next week), will be another new Humorama spanking cartoon with a summer theme, which is certainly appropriate.

I'm not going to do the monthly spanking search reports any more because I'm just not up to them and I don't think they were of much interest anyway. I may mention any good new spankings I discover, but the Golden Age Search is the only one I'm going to be continuing with for the foreseeable future as I'm simply not up to anything else. Besides, time is critically short and I have plenty of material on hand.

I'll try to give a report on the Humorama Search when we have that next update.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

As a victim of a Catholic upbringing I particularly enjoyed that. :twisted:
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Very Happy to see spanking is still alive in comics :D :D excellent panels building up toward the spanking only I wish the spankee when over the knee had a more curvier rear making the spanking more exciting :twisted: :lol: :lol: Great story good spanking
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. I'm glad to see you were able to do an update this week.
web-ed wrote:As for 2000AD, I think it's a pretty good scene and while more than a little strange, it's nowhere near as strange and disturbing as last week's update. Thanks to Alan for all these contributions.
Strange is right. The women are wearing the headpieces of a nun's habit and bike shorts? With military-style ammo belts? But Nikolai was such a gentleman to pat out the fire on her shorts! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And... as long as she's in that position... Heh heh!
web-ed wrote:Two others were not, and they were both good works of art, but try as I might I could not convince myself that the spankees were over 18. And with all my other difficulties, the last thing I need right now is having to worry about that, so they won't be appearing on CSR.
I agree. You don't want to risk getting yourself in trouble. And besides, I don't think any of the regulars here at CSR would be interested in under-aged girls.
web-ed wrote:I decided to finish up Alan's mini-series rather than start Super-Spanking Summer on time, but we will get to SSS soon, perhaps in two weeks (nothing is definite right now because I'm barely functioning). The next update, whenever it appears (I hope next week), will be another new Humorama spanking cartoon with a summer theme, which is certainly appropriate.
I look forward to seeing some super-heroines and super-villainesses getting their spankings.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Regarding the nun-in-shorts, Catholic Sisters and Nuns have not worn the veil and "drag" since the 1960s. As my late Aunt Mary who was a Sister of Charity for most of her life used to say "only the gays can wear that now." They usually dress like ordinary women.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

willjohn wrote:Regarding the nun-in-shorts, Catholic Sisters and Nuns have not worn the veil and "drag" since the 1960s.
I didn't know about that rule change. I remember hearing that the requirement that all worship services be held in Latin had been lifted.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

hugob00m wrote:
willjohn wrote:Regarding the nun-in-shorts, Catholic Sisters and Nuns have not worn the veil and "drag" since the 1960s.
I didn't know about that rule change. I remember hearing that the requirement that all worship services be held in Latin had been lifted.
No. After the Second Vatican Council instituted by John XXIII in the early 1960s there were major changes. Many "Saints" were removed from the list because he stories about them were too ridiculous. Catholics were no longer threatened with Hell for marrying outside the Church, fasting laws were moderated, Catholics could eat meat on Friday (a law that had been introduced when the Church had shares in the Italian fishing fleet which was going bad because seafood became unpopular). Many priests, brothers and sisters left their orders because the Church was no longer what they had volunteered to serve. Many "mortal sins" disappeared from the book, excommunications became rare.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/12/2020

Post by web-ed »

The Humorama Series continues with Summertime Spanking.

A timely update I hope as it is summer for us here in the northern hemisphere (not for Willjohn down under, of course) after a cold and very rainy May here in the American midwest. This is the only known spanking cartoon by Bill Cellers and I was quite surprised when I discovered it. It appeared in October 1959 during Humorama's "classic" period of 1955-60 and I have never seen it reprinted.

I had hoped to continue the Humorama Series alongside Super Spanking Summer, but of course that plan has gone out the window now. I'm going ahead with SSS, our next update being a double-spanking of Supergirl and Batgirl as colorized by Doctor Cylon, and we'll get back to Humorama probably in the fall.

Now let's talk a little more about Humorama. This week's update is the 220th entry in the series, with 11 more remaining in my files (one of which I think we've already seen on this board) and two more that I've discovered but don't have good scans of. (You can see all the numbers on my post "The Humorama Tote Board" which I try to keep updated). I've pretty much had to halt the Humorama search, which is too bad because there are only five or so digests remaining from the classic period that I've never been able to get a hold of and only those two spanking cartoons I know exist but don't have (they're both imitations of two of Bill Wenzel's, by the way). Therefore, we might as well enjoy the remaining cartoons in my possession rather than waiting around for me to uncover Humorama's few remaining secrets, which I still hope will happen someday.

I also have a lot of other Humorama material: reprinted versions of many of the cartoons we've already seen, more "Missed Opportunities" for spankings in cartoons, plus some live model spankings and some models who are just interesting to look at even though they're not being spanked ;). I hope we'll all live long enough for me to recover sufficiently to get to them.

Maybe I can talk about my spanking searches more generally next time.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! :D :D Summertime spanking is the best women wearing more short skimpy clothes revealing shapely bottoms and this drawing from Bill Cellers is Great like the otk position and the woman`s very curvy rear this is a punishment spanking judging how the husband is striking her bottom hard :twisted: :lol: :lol: like that there are a couple watching humiliation 8-) 8-) it a very rare treat to either hear or watch some woman or late teenage girl getting a spanking :D :D 8-) Thanks Stay Safe