Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/29/2016

Post by web-ed »

This week: We revisit a very early comic book spanking from 1936 in a reprint from 1945: Federal Men #2 - new scans!
It is very unlikely that a good-quality copy of the original comic from 1936 (More Fun Comics) will become available - it would be worth a small fortune if it were - so we're lucky that the spanking was reprinted in Federal Men #2, which is easier to find.

Next Week: Our third annual Romantic Spanking Month begins with a French-language version of the spanking panel from Just Married #53, and new fiction from MD as a rising young female executive gets "A Lesson In Manners" - three guesses as to what form that "lesson" takes! All month we'll be featuring spankings from romance comics, with a mystery scene identified, new scans of old scenes, and two brand-new, never-before-seen spankings! And if you like sexy spankees (see discussion in the post just above this one), rest assured that all our spankees during the month will be young and pretty!

We'll also have the January Spanking Search Report, and if I have time maybe one or two special features during the month.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

you gave us lots of interesting information about this one :D .......1936......WOW! I like the story and the spanking itself. i like the OTK position :D . i noticed that the spankee looks significantly smaller than our spanker. funny how those small girls are often the ones with the most attitude who need a good spanking the most :lol: . the only thing i found that i didn't like is that it's impossible to tell anything about the spankee's head or face. i couldn't even tell which way she was looking. still, the strip as a whole is good and i love it that it's so old :D . i'll be looking forward to starting romantic spanking month next week :D . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

i was going to comment on the young and sexy spankees. too bad you all can't always have that in real life. but it's all your fantasties so i will leave you to it. i'm just glad i found someone whose spankee doesn't have to be young to be considered sexy! i guess visuals for all of you spankers are better if the spankees are young. so i will keep my opinions on this subject to myself.

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

sunflower309 wrote:i was going to comment on the young and sexy spankees. too bad you all can't always have that in real life. but it's all your fantasties so i will leave you to it. i'm just glad i found someone whose spankee doesn't have to be young to be considered sexy! i guess visuals for all of you spankers are better if the spankees are young. so i will keep my opinions on this subject to myself.
sunflower
Hi Sunflower - glad you're back with us. :) Perhaps I should have clarified something when I wrote my response to Willjohn: I was speaking of spanking comics rather than real-life spanking, although my remarks could probably have been applied to spanking cartoons or even spanking fiction as well. These things are works of art (in the broadest sense) that are designed to have an erotic appeal to those reading/seeing them. Such an appeal will always be stronger with a spanker/spankee who themselves have sex appeal. I think this applies to women as much as men: they would generally prefer to see a young and sexy spanker, although an older (but still good-looking, mind) spanker is a popular fantasy object as well.

Real life is different in that unless we're very young ourselves, we cannot expect to find a spanking partner who happens to be young and sexy, and certainly if this person is a life partner is well it would make no sense to have someone much younger than we are. Also, women are generally not as comfortable being spanked by a much younger man as someone their own age or older, although it's normal for them to fantasize about this a little. I wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded from the spanking scene just because he/she didn't happen to be 20 years old and gorgeous. Nonetheless, even such people are naturally going to fantasize about a good-looking spanking partner - this is human nature, and there's no escape from it even if we wish it were otherwise.

I've never turned a woman down for a spanking because she wasn't good-looking enough and have only been turned down myself once for that reason as far as I know (whether this woman ever found a spanker or not I don't know, but her expectations were certainly unreasonable). Indeed, I'll go a step further and tell those who may wonder about such things that after you've spanked a large number of women (for women, translate this as "been spanked by a large number of men") you begin to see how little difference it makes in reality whether they're 20 or 60 (and perhaps this is a factor in what I've called "spanking party burnout").

"Bottom" line: fantasy isn't reality, but human beings are going to fantasize and in general they are going to fantasize about sexy people rather than unsexy ones.

And please don't hold in your thoughts if there's something I haven't addressed here - go ahead and share them with us.

Oh, by the way: I think you'll like Romantic Spanking Month :D !
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!! Princess Wakahyner have a VERY SPANKABLE REAR :D ! Miss Doctor Cylon :( It :( you can`t see the spankee`s face in Federal Man but the spanking she getting is GREAT :lol: !!!!"" the otk is Super!"" with the spankee`s bottom up high :lol: the build up is also nice :D love the reprint it much clearer! the original nice but it so much blue color :lol: GREAT SPANKING from Joe Shuster 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

sunflower309 wrote:i was going to comment on the young and sexy spankees. too bad you all can't always have that in real life. but it's all your fantasties so i will leave you to it. i'm just glad i found someone whose spankee doesn't have to be young to be considered sexy! i guess visuals for all of you spankers are better if the spankees are young. so i will keep my opinions on this subject to myself.
I don't think anyone in this forum wants you to keep your opinions to yourself, certainly not me. I don't know what your age is, or what you look like, but I'm glad you have someone in your life who thinks you're sexy.

In the case of the cartoon with Jasper and Vivian... I didn't think Vivian looked all that attractive, and not just because of her age. However, if her husband loved her, and had invested several years in their relationship, there's a good chance she was plenty sexy to him... and maybe the spanking he gave her was not entirely punitive. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I don't think anyone's comments about last week's comic were intended as a slight against you, and I hope you don't take it that way. I would like to see you continue to participate in this forum, and I don't think I'm the only one.
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 01/29/2016

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: This week: We revisit a very early comic book spanking from 1936 in a reprint from 1945: Federal Men #2 - new scans!
It is very unlikely that a good-quality copy of the original comic from 1936 (More Fun Comics) will become available - it would be worth a small fortune if it were - so we're lucky that the spanking was reprinted in Federal Men #2, which is easier to find.
It's good to see a clear full-age scan of this comic. (I wish we could see the following page... I'm guessing that she reported the spanking incident to her father and instead of firing or demoting the officer like she expected, he commended him! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Too bad the outline was so sloppy in the spanking panel. There's no detail in the spankee's face and her backside doesn't seem to have much definition to it. Apparently that was the artist's fault, since it still looks that way in this nice high-resolution scan. But, anyway... a comeuppance spanking for the haughty daughter of a powerful father is always fun! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

web-ed wrote:Next Week: Our third annual Romantic Spanking Month begins with a French-language version of the spanking panel from Just Married #53, and new fiction from MD as a rising young female executive gets "A Lesson In Manners" - three guesses as to what form that "lesson" takes! All month we'll be featuring spankings from romance comics, with a mystery scene identified, new scans of old scenes, and two brand-new, never-before-seen spankings! And if you like sexy spankees (see discussion in the post just above this one), rest assured that all our spankees during the month will be young and pretty!
I'm looking forward to Romantic Spanking Month! I'd like to have something featuring Katie ready, but I don't know if I'll have time. And, about the "young and pretty" thing... I admit I'd rather see pretty women spanked than ugly ones, but I'm not quite so concerned about the young part. Actually, my all-time favorite spankee in the movies was 42 when she got her famous paddling! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/05/2016

Post by web-ed »

Romantic Spanking Month Begins!
  • We revisit a romance comic book spanking from Just Married #53 and find a French-language version!
  • We haven't featured any new fiction in a long time, so let's remedy that now with a story from from long-time contributor MD in which a rising young female executive receives "A Lesson in Manners".
About Romantic Spanking Month: I only found two new romance comics spankings in the past year, so that's all I can present this month. We'll see them in two and three weeks respectively. Until then, I've got updates to some existing romance comic spankings and whatever special features I can manage. This week it's Mike's "A Lesson in Manners," the first bit of spanking fiction I've posted in almost two years. Why so long?

As I mentioned last month, I code CSR's pages by hand (on the main site). With reprinted fiction, that means scanning the original source, extracting the text with Optical Character Recognition software, then copying it into HTML. The problem is that in HTML, all paragraphing has to be done by hand; that is, text blocks are not reproduced as such without pairs of paragraphing tags to force the proper display (this is just how HTML works). I also have to correct any errors made by the OCR software. Needless to say, all this can take several hours of rather tedious work.

There is a faster way to get a webpage: get the story in word processing format and then have the word processor create the web page for you. (You all know that word processors can do this, right?) The problem is that all machine-generated code is really ugly! By contrast, I try to make my code neat and easy to read (you all also know that you can reveal the source code of CSR's pages using your browser, right?). Also, grafting on the "framing" elements such as the return links, buttons, decorations, etc. to a machine-generated code page is a real pain! :x

Anyway, that's one reason we don't have more fiction on CSR. Long-time readers will remember that we've seen Mike's (MD's) fiction and other contributions before. Looking through my files not long ago, I realized he had given me two additional stories I'd never gotten around to printing (as well as some other stuff), so I quickly slated "A Lesson in Manners" for this year's Romantic Spanking Month. Whether I can get around to printing his one remaining story before next February remains to be seen, but we'll certainly have it eventually.

Now for the January Spanking Search Report:
Pages searched: 1970
Total: 527819
Comic Spankings: 2

Both of these came from Zany #2 (Dec. 1958, Candar) - Prince Val Runt parody of Prince Valiant. M/M, bending over, sword flat, King / Val Runt. Second spanking: Romper Room parody Rumple Room, F/M, OTK (variant), Harriett Clay/Boys after she’s had enough of these brats. Zany was another silly copy of MAD. I don't think we'll be seeing either one of them on CSR, but they'll be put in the Data Base later today. As always, anyone interested in seeing them can contact me by PM or email.

But another of my searches did bear some fruit: I found the source book for the after-spanking panel from Suzie I mentioned last October! :D Suzie gets spanked by a female neighbor, but the spanking itself is off-panel like most of the others involving Suzie. I've posted many of them on this bulletin board, but perhaps I should do a special feature of them over on the main site.

I've identified one other Suzie spanking, but still don't have a copy of the book. Needless to say, that and other Suzie appearances are near the top of my search list since Suzie's writers seemed to love the humorous potential of spanking. :lol:

Next Week: Romantic Spanking Month continues as we revisit both a Charlton Romance comic and a Western Romance. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/05/2016

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: Romantic Spanking Month Begins! We revisit a romance comic book spanking from Just Married #53 and find a French-language version!
I'm not fluent in the French language, but it looks like a fairly correct translation of the English text as far as I can tell. "I asked for it, and I got it, but I certainly didn't expect it to be this painful!" I love that line! And the other couple's reaction from the next room was fun too. (I wonder if the man got any ideas from Nick about how to deal with his own wife? :D :D :D :D ) The French version seems to have a little cleaner outline and less bleeding of colors... but unfortunately they didn't do anything about Loretta's oversized head. But, story-wise, it's a great spanking!
web-ed wrote: Suzie's writers seemed to love the humorous potential of spanking. :lol:
Yes! I seem to recall an implied spanking in a Suzie comic involving a new job, and a boss who promised to give her double what her last boss gave her. Do I remember right? I think she rubbed her backside and muttered that she hoped whe wouldn't get double what she got at her last job. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/05/2016

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:
web-ed wrote: Romantic Spanking Month Begins! We revisit a romance comic book spanking from Just Married #53 and find a French-language version!
I'm not fluent in the French language, but it looks like a fairly correct translation of the English text as far as I can tell. "I asked for it, and I got it, but I certainly didn't expect it to be this painful!" I love that line! And the other couple's reaction from the next room was fun too. (I wonder if the man got any ideas from Nick about how to deal with his own wife? :D :D :D :D ) The French version seems to have a little cleaner outline and less bleeding of colors... but unfortunately they didn't do anything about Loretta's oversized head. But, story-wise, it's a great spanking!
web-ed wrote: Suzie's writers seemed to love the humorous potential of spanking. :lol:
Yes! I seem to recall an implied spanking in a Suzie comic involving a new job, and a boss who promised to give her double what her last boss gave her. Do I remember right? I think she rubbed her backside and muttered that she hoped she wouldn't get double what she got at her last job. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, Loretta's head is pretty hard to miss in that spanking panel. Vince Colletta was known for his speed, especially as an inker, but it obviously came at a price.

You're absolutely right about (one) of the implied spankings Suzie got. It's posted over on the "Spankings in Archie Comics" topic, and since I act as my own image host and link most of the images I use on this board, it's no trouble to copy the link here to remind everyone what we're talking about:

The after-spanking panel I finally identified last month was one we haven't seen yet, and we can only wish Suzie's spanking neighbor had been male! But I think I'd like to put that one on the main site, which makes me think I should gather up all the other after-spankings as well and group them into one special feature.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i keep marveling at just how difficult it is for you to keep bringing us these updates and how much time it takes. i really appreciate it that you continue to do this for us....not to mention all the time you take doing the searches :D . i enjoyed looking at the "brute" spanking again :D . she behaves like a brat to get a spanking and she gets it. there's an old saying among spankees, 'be careful what you wish for, you might get it" :lol: it's interesting that you found a french version, here at CSR you find every one there is :D . you mentioned in your comments with your earlier post that "Joe Gill is correct in his understanding of female psychology - women are attracted to "take charge" types who act boldly (of course, this is also the type of man who gives spankings)". there is also another point here and that is that such a woman as depicted in this comic, realizes what they want and will do whatever it takes to get it............in this case, a spanking to return our hero to his "brute" status :D ...........even if it did hurt more than she had imagined :lol: . all this actually fits nicely with the story by MD. again we have a woman who realizes what she wants and finds a way to get it with the help of a "take charge" man. he brings out feelings in her that she had buried deeply long ago. in both cases, the woman gets what she wants in the form of such a man! in the story, we have an added factor of the woman's psychology because she is a strong woman who is used to being in charge in a high stress job. however, there are times when she needs someone else to be in charge and indeed to be in charge of her. she needs a man to secretly take control away from her and what better way than a spanking 8-) . of course, in both cases, the sex afterward just reinforces his dominance. good start to romantic spanking month :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:hi web-ed,

i keep marveling at just how difficult it is for you to keep bringing us these updates and how much time it takes. i really appreciate it that you continue to do this for us....not to mention all the time you take doing the searches :D .
Thanks, Phil. I have gone into more explanations recently than I usually do (at least I hope I don't usually go on that long ;) ), and it's not because I'm looking for sympathy, I just want everyone to understand why I'm not able to produce more right now. Some readers, especially if they joined around 2009-2010, might remember that I was doing 3 or even 4 updates per week, while at the same time designing and building the data bases for comics and Humorama spanking cartoons, installing this bulletin board, and on top of that searching 1000 pages of Golden Age comics per day! The circumstances that allowed me to devote that kind of time to CSR were pretty much unique: out of work but not yet out of money, and with job searching taking only a few hours per day.

It's a lot harder now with my businesses taking up most of my time and family matters taking up the rest, so after doing the regular maintenance work to keep the site and bulletin board up I've very little time to devote to searches and updates. But I'm determined to continue and want to do at least something every week. I do think that Romantic Spanking Month is getting off to a good start, and I still plan to segue right into the Rivals of Humorama Series beginning in March which I think everyone will find very interesting. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! GREAT work finding the French version of Just Married #53 The Taming Of The Brute :D 8-) can`t understand why it called that :? :?: :?: :?: when it the bratty Bride that being Tamed :lol: the otk is good and the bride who is skinny have a nice round bottom and good breasts :D also the cover is great !with the bride looking real unhappy at her Wedding! she needed a good spanking :lol: GREAT Spanking in Comic 8-) Glad to see a new story! A Lesson In Manners now the story is GOOD ( But)''''' I believe the heroine should have been older. no offence to the young woman but I think an older mature woman would have made it more exciting :D next now this is my opinion I`m not a big fan of stories where women want a man to take charge and spanked them :twisted: I think there plenty of women who might want a man to spank them deep down but wouldn`t dwell on it all day after hearing some guy say she need a good spanking :lol: now like I said this is my opinion but I rather prefer Monica to have more fight into her love stories where the woman pushes the guy until he give her what she needs :D :lol: plus if she was older it would add some humiliation to it! nothing better than seeing a 40 something woman being spanked like a 5 year old over some man lap 8-) :twisted: anyway the Story is GOOD but I was hoping for a little more excitement! THANKS!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/12/2016

Post by web-ed »

Romantic Spanking Month Continues!

O.K., I have an embarrassing admission to make. Last week I intimated we'd be seeing updates from two romance comics spanking pages this week, but when I looked at Range Romances #2, I realized I'd already done the update three years ago :oops: ! So to avoid having only one update, I did another "Missed Opportunities" post with material drawn mainly from romance comics. At least the other update is still pretty exciting as it's another of those "mystery spankings" I was finally able to identify after years of searching :D . Here we go:
  • Let's take a look at five examples of Missed Opportunities in Romance Comics under a different topic here on the CSR Forum.
  • We revisit a romance comic book spanking from Just Married #94. This was a mystery spanking scene that appeared on the web years ago and which I was recently able to identify, and of course we now have new scans to place the scene in context.
Next Week: Romantic Spanking Month continues as we revisit True Brides Experiences #16 and reveal a brand-new, never-before-seen spanking from the special feature section of a romance comic! :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/12/2016

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: Romantic Spanking Month Continues!
Yay!
web-ed wrote: Let's take a look at five examples of Missed Opportunities in Romance Comics under a different topic here on the CSR Forum.
In the Alley Oop one, it's not really clear what he's actually threatening to do... but I'd sure like to think Oola had a spanking to look forward to. (And, of course, if that was my story, she'd wear that outfit again and again and get spanked for it every time!)

And I liked the third "missed opportunity" too. An over the shoulder carry is fun to see... but an over the shoulder carry with a few swats along the way would've been even better! Recently there was a nice over the shoulder carry with at least one swat in a movie called Bounty Hunter starring Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston.

And the last one... perfect chance and he blew it! "I ought to spank you..." (Yes, he ought to!) "...But since this seems to make you madder--" I suppose that on the next page he kissed her again, which would make sense... but it would be even better if he'd kiss her AFTER spanking her!
web-ed wrote: We revisit a romance comic book spanking from Just Married #94. This was a mystery spanking scene that appeared on the web years ago and which I was recently able to identify, and of course we now have new scans to place the scene in context.
I've seen the single panel floating around the internet for a long time, and sometimes the one immediately following, with Mrs. Brant demurely declining an invitation to dance, and it's great to see some context to this spanking. Thanks for your diligence in finding that one!

Maybe the wife wasn't entirely at fault, since her husband sure seemed to be flirting with the bikini-clad neighbor... Nevertheless, the spanking seemed to help them fix whatever problems they'd been having in their relationship, and the finale shows them in a loving embrace! Now that's the kind of romanitic spanking I really like! :D :D :D :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i enjoyed being irritated at the missed opportunities :lol: . in the Alley Oop comic, it would have been great if he had done more than just threaten Ooola since it seems clear, at least to me, that he did indeed have spanking her in mind :D . it looks to me like she was thinking spanking too and i did enjoy seeing her hurrying off to change with a rather submissive, apprehensive expression on her face 8-) . she wasn't sure he would spank her but she wasn't taking any chances :lol: . i think you are entirely right that we have the right to expect a spanking for a character called "the brat" :lol: . in the comic from ten story love, i like the way she is looking at him holding her arm as he threatens to spank her :D . i have to figure that she was wondering if he really would spank her.........and probably secretly hoping he would 8-) .

in the just married spanking, i thought the comment you made in your original post, "but examples like this one are positively salutary in our view, demonstrating the proper role of the sexes with the concerned husband very much in control. We might hope that teenage girls reading this comic would learn to treat their future husbands with proper respect, and to accept caring discipline as part of married life." , was right on the money :D :D :D . i liked your comments about the artwork on the cover and how it came to be............very interesting. just for your edification, i did indeed notice that you had figured out the publisher and the dates for this before you were able to verify it ;) . anyway, your latest update on this is really great! you have found the exact issue and given us most of the story, which is great as we've mentioned many times. the spanking scene is great with a good OTK position and i like the surprised and apprehensive look on her face and the look of confidence and satisfaction on his face :D . i like the next drawing almost as much with her tamed, submissive stance and and her expression of a well chastised young lady on her face 8-) . of course, he really should have raised her skirt and lowered her panties for the spanking but i guess that would be too much to hope for :lol: . really good updates this week :D . thanks, phl
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Miss Opportunities make me :x :x :x :lol: how can you name a story The Brat and not have a spanking in it? :x wished that Ooola would have been all bratty and kept the outfit on daring Oop to spank her :lol: how much better do anyone think comics would have been without The comic code??? more spankings :D 8-) also think female heroines such as Wonder Woman would have been more buxom :D plus more skimpy outfits :twisted: :D The over the knee in Just Married # 94 is perfect 8-) like how he is holding Diane`s waist to keep her in place :D if only she had a plumper bottom :D Spanking in Romance comics are GREAT !!! not only does the hero Warm their ladies Hearts they also warm their bottoms :lol: :lol: Super Spanking 8-) THANKS!!!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Alley Oop Romantic? I wonder what the Hollywood Argyles would have thought of that? :lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz61pmmYSXA
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Alley Oop Romantic? I wonder what the Hollywood Argyles would have thought of that? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz61pmmYSXA
Alas, the linked video is now unavailable. And you're right to raise the point that Alley Oop was certainly not in the romance genre, although at least Oop and Ooola were romantically involved. I had to stretch the point even further with the example from Big Shot #81, but then again I was forced to pull this one together in a very short time and I did the best I could.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/18/2016

Post by web-ed »

Romantic Spanking Month Continues!
  • We revisit a romance comic book spanking from True Brides Experiences #16. We have a new scan of the splash page of this admittedly mediocre story.
  • We unveil a never-before-seen spanking from the special features section of First Love #17!
I imagine this is the last time I'm going to update the True Brides Experiences #16 page - it's the least of The Seven Spankings (as I have dubbed them - the comic-book spankings that were known to a few of us by the late 70's), and at this point I think we've seen all the scans we'll ever need to. I'm still looking for a copy of Teen-Age Brides #1, where the spanking story first appeared, but unless there's something terribly different there I don't see any need to add even more scans of the same thing to the page.

With First Love #17, we come to the first of two romance comic spankings I discovered since last February. It's an odd scene because it comes not from one of the regular stories in the book but in a special feature, "Strange Romantic Customs" (that is, around the world. It's not the greatest scene either, but as readers who have seen my monthly spanking search reports will know, despite going through thousands of pages of romance comics the past year I haven't found much else. (As an aside, a lot of scans became available recently, and of course I'm looking through them diligently for new spanking treasures).

Romance comics were extremely popular in the 50's, slightly less so in the 60's, then began tapering off in the 70's (though we must always remember that many spankings in the Charlton romance books are from that last full decade for the genre). They were the target of occasional satire, for example in an early issue of MAD, and in the underground title Young Lust.

Young Lust #3, formerly and briefly from my collection before I threw it out in disgust last week, so I can't give you the exact date - probably '72 or '73. Cover art by Bill Griffith. Copyright Last Gasp.

I always hated the undergrounds, although they were cherished by pseudo-sophisticates in the era prior to alternative comics (say 1970-1985, or roughly corresponding to the Bronze Age of comics - coincidence?). They tended to be thoroughly vile, although the two or three issues of Young Lust I remember could be occasionally amusing as they parodied the cliches of the romance genre when they weren't plain disgusting. The undergrounds were pornographic, violent, and anti-American; they were part of the counterculture, and like so much else that is truly awful, they came from the 1960's. I'm not sure why that's on my mind right now, except that at some point I'm going to attempt to rehabilitate the reputation of the 1950's, perhaps when I finally get around to my History of the Spanking Cartoon. 8-)

Next Week: Romantic Spanking Month concludes as we revisit the spanking of a self-admitted shrew in Popular Teen-Agers #14 and reveal a brand-new, never-before-seen spanking from the advice column of a romance comic! You won't want to miss it! :)
-- Web-Ed