Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by daneldorado »

Several years ago, in the 1990s I think, I was trying to think of a new idea for a spanking toon. It occurred to me that we had already seen toons of a psychiatrist spanking his patient, but not one where the roles were reversed. So I came up with this one.

My original toon, seen here, was in black & white. As you can see, someone out there colorized it and posted it to the Internet. Dunno who. But I like the idea behind the toon -- which I think was original with me -- that a patient who is a compulsive spanker might like to spank his pretty doctor and she, being a disciplined professional, might actually go along with it. :D

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Dan's "Shrink Gets Spanked"

Post by web-ed »

I found the colorized version years ago on the old Artastic Forum, Dan, so perhaps it was Stone Knight or one of the other colorists who used to hang around there who did it. (If any CSR Forum readers don't know what the Artastic Forum was and are curious as to what happened to it, I gave a very long explanation back in 2012 - see this post on the "Miscellaneous Spanking" forum.

It's a very fine cartoon, inverting the male/female roles so that a male patient spanks a female psychiatrist, and yes, it was original with you in the sense that you had never seen anything like it. It was also one of the first posts I made on the CSR main site in the Humor Section although I no longer have the precise date (it was probably back in 2004). I can't provide a link here because of our 2-link limit, but it can be easily found by scrolling to the bottom of the Humor Gallery index page.

As it happens, and as I revealed last year, although you didn't know it there was indeed an earlier cartoon that utilized this idea, Shrink Spank #7:

The cartoonist's signature is illegible, so I call him "J Falks". This cartoon appeared in Humorama and was one of my personal discoveries. However, yours is the better of the two.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! The Shrink Spanks drawing is GOOD 8-) the OTK is GREAT! like the woman`s facial expression mouth wide open eyes popping in shock :lol: only problem what with her buttocks :?: :lol: :lol: the small feet I can deal with but her rear :twisted: :lol: maybe it looks like that cause of the wobbling from the spanking :lol: anyway the gag is perfect 8-) ever think that a doctor who work with people minds can make them submit to anything :D GOOD DRAWING 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

French girl being spanked in Shrinkspank#9 has a well drawn round derriere. The bloomers with "No" on the girl crossing the street on the magazine cover look rather large for a French woman to wear.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/14/2016

Post by web-ed »

This week: Rivals of Humorama continues with another psychiatric case best handled by spanking, Shrink Spanks #9.

We've only got 3 more weeks to go in this series. Next week, we'll revisit a secretary spanking that our own Dan Rivera posted in another forum on this board four years ago. We'll reveal where it was published and show some new scans from the original source.

Then in two weeks, we'll see a completely unfamiliar secretary spanking :D . I'll have to search the vault to see if I have any new Halloween spanking cartoons.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

I like this week's drawing :D . As you mentioned, good OTK position and our spanking couple certainly appears to be having fun 8-) . As always, I enjoyed the information you presented with this and I especially liked your speculation about why they chose to call their publication "French Fun". I hadn't thought about it but that exotic appeal you mentioned was probably right in style at the time this was published so I have a hunch your theory is a sound one. Btw, I like the other cover you posted along with it as well, especially the girl with her dress blown up and her panties exposed and the word NO on them :lol: . Of course, I always like seeing a young lady with her panties exposed :D . Good update this week. Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

Thanks much, for posting that "French Fun" toon cover. It's pretty rare that we see a good spanking toon that is that audacious... but it looks like a lot of fun is being had... by both the spanker and the spankee!

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

This Week`s drawing is HOT :!: :!: and a lot of FUN :!: :!: :twisted: like that French Fun decided to do this bare bottom :D well it was the seventies :lol: the otk is Great with the spankee`s round bottom up high 8-) also the guy have that grin showing he enjoying it! also the woman who also loving it ! wonder if the doc trying to find out why she like spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: anyway SUPER HOT!! DRAWING 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The older members will remember an old rhyme;
"The ladies of France
Never wear pants."
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/21/2016

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this page.

We're almost to the 4th week of October, so it's time to trot out the Halloween decorations again on the Home Page. I removed one of the old favorites this year (I'm sure it will be back in the future) and replaced it with a new Vampirella cartoon by Larry Malone.

Rivals of Humorama moves into its final phase with the first of three secretary spankings. This week we're revisiting one our own Dan Rivera posted on this board 4 years ago. I reveal the original source and provide some new scans as well as the usual historical background.

The next two weeks we'll see the other secretary spankings, and to the best of my knowledge they have never been seen on the internet before, so you won't want to miss them! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Before I get to my comments about this week's drawing, let me just say that I particularly enjoyed your analysis :D . I guess if Jones had one outstanding quality, it's that he knew a good idea when he saw one :lol: . I also liked your comparison between Humorama and TV girls and gags :D . Jones gives us a nice looking spankee and a good OTK position. You commented that he couldn't match Wenzel for technique and I have to agree with you. One thing that struck me was the differences in the expressions of the spankees in the 2 drawings. Wenzel did a much better job of showing the surprise on his spankee's face. The other comment I have is about his use of the wrong hand by the spanker. In this case, I think it's just terrible :o . The spanking hand is so far out of position that it really doesn't even look like a spanking. It looks more like he is patting her back trying to dislodge something she is choking on :? . It seems to me that part of this problem comes from the fact that the spankee is positioned up so high that it would have been difficult for him to have even landed his hand on her bottom. I wonder if this isn't some sort of a problem with the proportions of the spanker and perhaps Boom or Dan can give us some insight into this. The way it is, her bottom is up almost to his nipples and that just can't be right. If you look at the Wenzel drawing, however, while the spankee's bottom is up nice and high, her whole body is lower and closer to his belt. If Wenzel had drawn this spanker using the wrong hand, it would still have been possible for him to have swatted her bottom. Anyway, this is a good update so thanks for all the information and analysis and thanks to Dan for originally posting it :D . Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Glad to see The Halloween Art 8-) also Love that there some new one even though Larry Malone drawing is non spanking it still good and funny :twisted: don`t think the Witch doing the switching would switch place :? she have that Dom look :twisted: :lol: would been nice to see her panty :D GREAT FINE DAN RIVERA 8-) for this Secretary Spanking it might not be as good as Wenzel drawing but it still a GREAT SPANKING 8-) the otk is good too bad Mr. Jones didn`t do a good job on making the secretary`s bottom more rounder :x her facial expression is good she not liking this :lol: also the Boss is using the wrong hand! anyway like I said this is a GREAT DRAWING from Mr. Jones ! should have made her count off the birthday spanks :lol: :lol: :twisted:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi Web-Ed

It looks like you got in three new updates since the last time I commented.

Regarding the 10/07 one: I liked everything about that cartoon except the woman's badly-misshapen backside! What was the artist thinking? :? :? :? :? I love the look on his face and her face... It looks like he's having a great time, and she's questioning whether a spanking is REALLY supposed to be part of her treatment. My theory about the odd butt is that Mr. Troop wasn't really into spanking cartoons and the publisher requested one from him... I bet no one ever asked him to do another spanking cartoon again!

Regarding the 10/14 one: That's much better! The woman has the kind of butt that might even tempt a non-spanko! Like the one from the previous week, the shrink is clearly loving his job... and lo and behold! She seems to be enjoying her "treatment" almost as much as he enjoys "treating" her! Maybe she realizes that a good spanking was just what she needed all along! French Fun? Hmmm! I'm not so sure about the "French" part, but it sure looks like FUN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regarding the 10/21 one: It's nice to see that one again! I remember when Dan posted it on the forum... and now, you've tracked down where it originally came from... AND demonstrated the cartoon's similarity to one by Bill Wenzel! That's great! I enjoy getting your historical perspective on these cartoons.

Maybe someday, I'll try doing a correction on this one so that he's using his right... uh... PROPER hand... (which, of course would be his left, considering which way the lady is facing!)

Thanks for all of your time and diligence with these cartoons!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Here are some recent cartoons with some changes that I would call improvements... First, there's Troop's psychiatrist cartoon with a round bottom on the "patient"
troop 2.jpg
troop 2.jpg (210.86 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
And then there's Jones's birthday spanking with him using his... PROPER hand... and her dress is raised too.
jones 2.jpg
jones 2.jpg (151.61 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Here are some recent cartoons with some changes that I would call improvements... First, there's Troop's psychiatrist cartoon with a round bottom on the "patient"
Hi Boom,

I too would call your changes improvements :D . The young lady's bottom on the drawing by Troop was truly disturbing and your version is a relief from the original :D . The drawing by Jones really didn't look like a spanking to me because It didn't look like he could have landed his hand on her bottom. Not only have you solved that problem but you've also raised her dress which really increases the erotic appeal of what is now clearly a spanking 8-) . Great job on these! Thanks for taking time to do these for us :D . Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks b00m, for your work on improving these toons. I am especially pleased with your iteration of the second toon, for you have redrawn it so that now, at last, the Harry Jones picture has the man spanking Birthday Girl with the correct hand.

Miss Cooley already had her skirt raised -- a bit -- but you have completed the necessary "lift" by raising it even higher, to expose her panties. Very nice job.

Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:Hi web-ed,

Before I get to my comments about this week's drawing, let me just say that I particularly enjoyed your analysis :D . I guess if Jones had one outstanding quality, it's that he knew a good idea when he saw one :lol: . I also liked your comparison between Humorama and TV girls and gags :D . ... Anyway, this is a good update so thanks for all the information and analysis and thanks to Dan for originally posting it :D . Phil
hugob00m wrote:...Regarding the 10/21 one: It's nice to see that one again! I remember when Dan posted it on the forum... and now, you've tracked down where it originally came from... AND demonstrated the cartoon's similarity to one by Bill Wenzel! That's great! I enjoy getting your historical perspective on these cartoons.

Maybe someday, I'll try doing a correction on this one so that he's using his right... uh... PROPER hand... (which, of course would be his left, considering which way the lady is facing!)

Thanks for all of your time and diligence with these cartoons!
You're most welcome, Phil and B00m, and I appreciate your kind comments. :D And B00m, thanks for the effort in making what I think all of us agree are definite improvements in the original cartoons. I will add them to the appropriate pages as soon as I can.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/28/2016

Post by web-ed »

We're in the home stretch now with Rivals of Humorama, so I've had to think about what to do after it concludes next week - probably an update to an existing page with some new scans. As for this week:

Rivals of Humorama continues with another secretary spanking cartoon, this one from Louis Priscilla.

Priscilla was a prolific contributor to a number of magazines going back at least to the 1940's if not earlier. As I note on the page, it is a mystery why he, like George Troop and Felix Andrews, never did any spanking cartoons for Humorama when they were contributing there and Abe Goodman obviously loved the genre but then drew spankings for other, presumably less enthusiastic, venues. I don't suppose we'll ever know, but at least we can rejoice when we find their "spankers" anywhere :) .

Next Week: Rivals of Humorama concludes with the earliest known secretary spanking! Unlike Dan's cartoon that we saw last week, but like the Priscilla one this week, it has never been seen before on the 'net and as far as I know I am its discoverer. Its position as the first Secretary Spanking, displacing Bill Wenzel's effort from July 1955, certainly makes it of some interest, as does its rather surprising authorship, so you won't want to miss it. See you then! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I definitely like this week's drawing :D We've often complained about the OTK position in these spanking drawings but I certainly don't find any fault with this one. Her head is down and her bottom is up and right over his thigh, where it should be :D . I also like the position of her arms and legs, which indicate that she is startled to suddenly find herself in this position 8-) . Priscilla gives us a well drawn, nice looking spankee, in the proper position and with the spanker actually using the correct hand with which to spank his naughty secretary :D ..............then he proceeds to suck out every last bit of eroticism :o . The spanker's expression is one with no joy at getting to spank her.....just a matter of fact look that she needs to be spanked and it's just another mundane part of his job???? Her expression is one of irritation and shock and as you already mentioned, the gag is terrible. The drawing is so good and with just a few modifications could have been really erotic. As always, I really enjoyed all the information you have provided us along with this fine drawing. It's a great find for you and another CSR first :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I'm not a fan of workplace spanking fiction print or picture but this illustration (Secretary spanking A4) is outstanding anyway you look at it. But the caption is more of a statement than a punchline. Makes one wonder if this publication had any discerning editing- probably not. Off the top of my head it could have been "Mr. Carp when I said you'll never let this company hit bottom it wasn't a challenge." "Mr. Carp, getting your wife her birthday gift from you is one thing but getting her birthday spanking from you is quite another." "Perhaps we could look into a different way of testing the strength of our new line of panties." "Having an hour glass figure didn't help Miss Timbers get to work on time ."
Anyway I was wondering what the caption is for the girl in the rain drawing below the drawing in question? Just wondering if he was capable of coming up with a funny line.