Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

You presented some interesting info about the Wolf series of publications and I thought it was interesting that each one had it's own mascot. now I have to wonder if each of them had some traits that were repeated in each issue, which would be something regular readers could look forward to in each issue, just as we know that Sal or Katie are going to find a way to get a spanking every time? :lol: There isn't an actual spanking here but I do like the idea of slapping a woman's bottom as a way of saying hello :lol: . The drawing of Olga strikes me a fairly strange. You mentioned several down sides to this drawing and I agree with you on all of them. Why would the artist draw a reasonably good looking woman and then make it appear as if she had put 2 water filled balloons up under her dress :? . Not much of a spanking drawing but still, it's a slap on the butt so I'll take it :lol: .

I have Captain Woodshed's spy adventure in my personal collection, both black and white and in color :D . I would be happy to re post either or both of them if Dan wants me too. Of course, Captain Woodshed is much better drawn and much more entertaining than the Boris and Olga that featured in WHAM :D . thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi Web-Ed CSR!! Olga is a very beautiful and sexy woman and you can`t blame Boris for thinking of a Clever way of saying hello :twisted: :lol: don`t get the gag would have been better if an American spy was spanking her over his knee trying to get some info :twisted: :lol: :lol: anyway Good Drawing!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:This is actually the first entry in our mini-series on the Wolf Books.
Thank you very much for the informative essay you've given us about the Wolf books.
web-ed wrote:Unfortunately up to the present time we have found nothing closer to a Tessie spanking than a painful shot in her behind, which we'll see somewhere in due course.
Awwww! Too bad!
web-ed wrote:The running plot involving Russian spies (this was of course during the Cold War) is so silly we don't think it necessary to reproduce the other cartoons, but in this one Boris greets Olga by smacking her rear end! Olga doesn't seem to mind, but strangely Boris doesn't look much like he's enjoying himself. That was one of the many problems with communists - no sense of enjoyment in life.
Hmmmm! The butt-slap greeting looks like a a worthwhile custom... I don't understand why it didn't catch on over here! But then, Boris didn't seem to be having as much fun as I think I would've in his place. (maybe he was wishing for more... a chance to turn Olga over his knee and really spank her!)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/25/2016

Post by web-ed »

Rivals of Humorama continues with our survey of the Wolf Books. This week, it's back to Burlesque as a young lady bends well over to retrieve her purse and receives a good solid swat!

Next Week: Rivals of Humorama continues with another off-the-wall cartoon, Fresh Fish Spanking.

With all these weird quasi-spankings, you might ask, "Do we have any actual OTK spankings in this series?" The fortunate answer is "Yes," :) although we won't be seeing them until we reach the 12th entry. I wanted to save them for the later part of the series so as to go out on a high note. We will, however, be seeing some motifs we should remember from The Humorama Series: Fresh Fish spanking customer, hand-signal spanking, blatant butt-slapping, etc.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB ED CSR!!! can`t wait to see those otk drawings :D By the way isn`t the Fresh Fish Spanking drawing an x spanking :twisted: :lol: like the Burlesque drawing it look kind of planed a beautiful model bending over to grab her purse only to get a hard SLAP!`` From Miss Millie :twisted: :lol: this drawing reminds me of something from Wenzel! is it me or do Miss Millie looks like the Huntress that got a spanking in the movie Roots Of Heaven :twisted: :o :lol: Good Drawing!1
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

Here we see another example of a girl showing off to get the attention of a man, just as I was pointing out at the end of "Family Tradition" :D . From talking to some of my spankee friends, I think it's safe to say that this sort of activity does indeed take place......to our delight.......and the delight of the men watching in this drawing.........and from her expression, the delight of the young lady bending over in this drawing 8-) .I agree with you that the bending over position isn't bad and Gerald Green draws a very shapely girl bending over yet her face is more cartoon-like and I have to wonder why that is? You mentioned that Miss Millie was a little too butch but I'm going to take that a step further and say that she would have been ugly even if she was a man......WOOF! :shock: . There again, I have to wonder what Green was thinking when he drew her that way? Still, her idea to give our model a swat or brush to push her skirt up a bit and give the onlookers an even better view, was a great one :lol: . Of course, I love the stockings and garter belt :D . As always, I enjoyed the information you presented along with this drawing ;) . Good update. Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

...And I bet all those men sitting there were thinking, "Get out of the way, Millie! I want to brush that piece of lint off of her butt!"
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:...And I bet all those men sitting there were thinking, "Get out of the way, Millie! I want to brush that piece of lint off of her butt!"
Probably, b00m, probably - I've always believed in brushing lint off the seat of a skirt myself. ;)
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Look forward to that fresh fish spanking. Seem to recall years ago there was some animated game on some site where the viewer could get play it and get to smack Britney Spears with a fish.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Would that result with a mixture of fish smells?

Off topic I once read of a senior doctor who was annoyed by his junior's use of initials, so he said of one female patient "That woman is a hypochondriac.
She needs a SOBWWF."

Not recognising the initials the stunned junior doctor said "what's that?"

His senior replied "A slap on the belly with a wet fish!" :twisted:
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:
Off topic I once read of a senior doctor who was annoyed by his junior's use of initials, so he said of one female patient "That woman is a hypochondriac.
She needs a SOBWWF."

Not recognising the initials the stunned junior doctor said "what's that?"

His senior replied "A slap on the belly with a wet fish!" :twisted:
I have to wonder, Willjohn, why neither of those men thought of "A slap on the behind with a wet fish!" although a fish makes a relatively poor paddle. Sadly, they must have been unaquainted with the great benefit many female patients get from a spanking. :)

Of course all CSR readers will remember there are two Humorama cartoons with similar themes: Bill Wenzel's Doctor Spanks Hypochondriac and Ward's Doctor Spanks Patient for Lateness.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/01/2016

Post by web-ed »

I don't have any April Fool's Day-themed spanking material, so let's get on with the March Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 1550
Total: 531443
Comic Spankings: 0

Now, 1500 pages isn't all that much for an entire month, being only 50 pages per day, but it used to be that I'd expect to find a Golden Age spanking about every 1500-1700 pages, so this month's goose-egg is a definite disappointment given how many of these pages have been from romance comics. Still, I've got over 100 comics still waiting to be gone through, so something may turn up.

And this is not the only comics search I do, just the most comprehensive. Strangely, catalog and other searches have been more productive lately, and I located another good spanking in a Timely/Atlas/Marvel book but so far have been unable to get a copy. These searches are difficult and expensive, but have produced results in the past and will do so again in the future as right now I know of 5 or 6 comics that have spankings in them, but can't find the books or can't afford them (one of them sold recently for $800!). I did get a decent scan of one of the spanking panels I've been looking for, and we may see that one as part of the upcoming Super-Spanking Summer.

This week's update: Rivals of Humorama continues with an off-beat gag that strongly resembles a 1954 Humorama cartoon: a fish shows how "fresh" he is by by whacking a female shopper on the behind!

Next Week:
Rivals of Humorama gets back to business with a boss whose pats on the back are just a little low. See you then! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Lady smacked by the fish should be thankful it was not a sting ray.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, hoping you have better luck with your searches this month. Even considering the double meaning of "fresh", I would say this gag is marginal at best. I'm also not really excited by the idea of a woman's bottom being whacked by a fish tail. The spankee's bottom in this one, while nicely curved, seems really too small for this woman and I am wondering why her breasts turn up on the ends :lol: . I did get a kick out of the woman's irritated expression and the amused grin on the fish's face :lol: .

I think your point about the editorial differences between Humorama and Wolfe is well made by the drawing by Kirk Stiles. While I think the drawing is pretty well done, and I like the view of the woman tied to the chair with her skirt hiked up a bit and her stockings showing, the idea behind this one is a bit disturbing. That's especially true when you consider that not only is the burglar smiling at the thought but the man who is tied is also smiling. I'll stick with spanking drawings, thank you. good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! The Fresh Fish Smack Bottom Gag is nice :twisted: and I`m glad the fish knows a good female bottom when he sees it :twisted: :D it would be more funny if the lady had brought the fish and cooked it :twisted: :lol: :lol: like the grin on the fish :D the woman is curvy but I wish she had a bigger rear :D GOOD Drawing! kind of surprise to see a Sleaze drawing from Kirk Stiles :o this something you might see in Hustler magazine back in the days :twisted: the drawing is Good and the lady who is very pretty tied with her leg spread for both the man and theft to take a peek at is very much sexual but the gag is rape which is not funny! Love to see one of my favorite artist stick with what he do best DRAW SPANKING :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 8-) poor taste in gag :x
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:This week's update: Rivals of Humorama continues with an off-beat gag that strongly resembles a 1954 Humorama cartoon: a fish shows how "fresh" he is by by whacking a female shopper on the behind!
Interesting take on the "fresh fish" idea.
overbarrel49 wrote:The spankee's bottom in this one, while nicely curved, seems really too small for this woman and I am wondering why her breasts turn up on the ends.
Yeah. It seemed like her buttcheeks were a bit small, and too high. And the turned up breast reminds me of an old Mad Magazine gag about Vulcan women! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
web-ed wrote:Stiles, whose Humorama work we admire (with reservations), really pushes past the boundaries of good taste here with the implication that the secretary is going to be raped after the burglar is done robbing the safe. Perhaps even worse is the man's expression - he seems to be regarding the idea of the future assault with pleasure. No decent person seeing this could find it the least amusing.
I was certainly disturbed by the "humor" of the woman possibly being targeted for rape by the robber. At first, I thought it might be something else... but no... it looks like the only likely interpretation for this comic is that the robber intends to rape the woman and the man who is tied up facing her is looking forward to watching. UGH!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/08/2016

Post by web-ed »

Before we get to this week's updates, a last word about last week: everyone was pretty appalled by the Stiles drawing of the guy robbing the safe, and with good reason. Just so there's no misunderstanding, and I don't think there was, I only put that in so that you, the CSR readers, could better judge the Wolf Books, even if that judgment must be adverse. I'm showing a couple of cartoons featuring Tessie (the Wham! mascot) this week that aren't anywhere near as bad but perhaps still demonstrate the overall "feel" of these books. My own opinion is that the Wolf Books should make us appreciate the "golden age" of Humorama (1955-60) all the more and are valuable for that reason as well as providing some decent cartoons, although no first-rate "spankers" equivalent to Humorama's (at least up to this point).

This week's update: Rivals of Humorama continues by returning to the office (always a popular place for spankings!) and looking in on a boss whose paternal pats on the "back" are just a little low: Paternal Attitude Spanking. This is another Wolf Book gag that reminds us of a Humorama cartoon.

Next Week: Rivals of Humorama tells the story of two sisters who go home with babies but without husbands. Looks like their father disapproves, based on the stinging fanny exhibited by the first as she wishes the second better luck than she had with him. This is a fairly humorous cartoon although we don't have any OTK positioning. Which brings us to:

I regret that none of these "Rival" spanking-themed cartoons have utilized the OTK position but of course I can only present what I have found. We are at the sixth such cartoon, and the truth is we won't have any visible OTK positioning until entry #12, but the good news is every cartoon from that point to the end of the series (#19) with have a female spankee taken OTK :D !

One other bit of good news which really should wait until the April Spanking Search Report: last night after months of searching I finally found a very nice M/F OTK spanking in the Archie line of comics, completely unknown until now and a great discovery if I say so myself :lol: ! If we can't do another Homecoming Month next fall, perhaps we can at least have a Homecoming Week so I can present this one to you.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

About this week's alleged spanking toon......I don't think I'd actually consider this a spanking but I do approve of the idea :lol: . I do see the similarity between this one and secretary spanking #32 except in that one, I have to assume it was a harder pat, more of a swat perhaps, considering how the spankee is holding her bottom :D In this week's update, it strikes me that the main features are the expressions of the participants. She is definitely showing indignation and aggravation while his is a smile of great satisfaction :lol: Thanks for the information about the artist, also.

I think that the other Wolf related drawings you posted today do indeed give us a better idea of just what Wolf was publishing. Obviously men enjoying looking at women was a common thread. In the scientists convention drawing, it was a bit crude but I still found some humor in it and at least Tessie's panties survived the explosion :lol: . good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! this is a cute drawing nothing more! I`m surprise the Artist didn`t give the secretary a bigger bottom :D one that the boss couldn`t wait to smack! being this is an adult comic I could see her having a very large bottom in a tight dress or skirt :D any like the look on both their facing specially the boss :lol: Wolf Book seem more sleazy than Humorama :lol:
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/08/2016

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:This week's update: Rivals of Humorama continues by returning to the office (always a popular place for spankings!) and looking in on a boss whose paternal pats on the "back" are just a little low: Paternal Attitude Spanking. This is another Wolf Book gag that reminds us of a Humorama cartoon.
Well... in a way, it does make sense. If she doesn't provide you with a good enough excuse to spank her... she deserves a pat on the back! Of course you'll have to aim it a bit low like the boss in the latest cartoon you just posted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: