Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by willjohn »

Just as well the landlady can't read the young fellow's mind. :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I enjoyed all the information you and Phil presented about the Moon Mullins strip. The strip itself is an interesting idea although, as you mentioned, it's not very erotic.

That's a very strange spanker in the Zatanna spanking. I will say that our spankee has a nice bottom, kind of reminiscent of some of Dan's spankees :D . I do like the spankee's expression during the spanking too. Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Re: Weekly Updates & Moon Mullens

Post by Sweetspot »

Moon Mullens October 17, 1926 Emmy gets a swat thanks to Moon's powerful backswing. :D
MoonMullensOctober17,1926DETAIL_LI.jpg
MoonMullensOctober17,1926DETAIL_LI.jpg (939 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
MoonMullensOctober17,1926.jpg
MoonMullensOctober17,1926.jpg (72.83 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
Moon Mullens October 10, 1945. Emmy gets another misguided birthday spanking from Kayo almost twenty years after the first time. Lord Plushbottom seems blithefully unconcerned that another man is spanking his wife. ;)
MoonMullensOctober10,1945.jpg
MoonMullensOctober10,1945.jpg (33.11 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Moon Mullins

Post by web-ed »

I see you found two more spankings, Phil - or rather three, but the one of Kayo cannot be presented. The other two are certainly worthwhile, though, and should be added to the main site sometime. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/22/2018

Post by web-ed »

Don't look now, but we've only one more update left in June after this one - wow! Summer officially begins today, but we did get a little jump on the season with our Super-Spanking Summer which continues apace!
  • The Comic Strip Series continues as we look for the first time at the long-running strip Mutt and Jeff - another discovery by Sweetspot.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with Zatanna getting spellbound - literally - then bent over and paddled! Second of a three-part mini-series on Zatanna!
A lot of hours putting everything together this week. So tired right now I'm having trouble making the mouse-clicks properly (I find the typing easier for some reason), but it's worth it when we have updates like Chief Strip Researcher Phil. S.' :ugeek: s Mutt and Jeff. Not that Mutt whacking his mother-in-law with a broom is a great spanking in and of itself, but it's big news historically. I see Phil found another (two posts above this one), and it too is a paddling out of Burlesque, but then again I really like those Burlesque paddlings :lol: !

We've also got Zatanna getting bent over and paddled, plus just a plain bending over shot over in the Superhero Spanking topic (no link provided because of the silly two-link limit). OTK fans may feel a little disappointed, but despite my undeniable love for scenes of females bending over I didn't really plan it this way. And we will of course have more OTK action soon.

I thought this was all my Zatanna stuff, but an email exchange with Doctor Cylon reminded me to double-check his enormous "New Material" folder (now at 1,079 items :!: ) and sure enough I found three variations on a drawing of Zatanna by Julius Zimmerman, so I juggled the schedule around to slate them for next week.

And if that's not enough for you, we're going to return to what is certainly one of the spankingest strips of all time, Smilin' Jack. I'm too tired right now to remember what I'm supposed to code for next time, but I think between Phil S. and myself we have enough new scans for three weeks of updates. You won't want to miss any of them! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I remember the old Mutt and Jeff comic strip from the 1950s and 1960s. Mum and Dad used to refer to close friends with a big height difference as Mutt and Jeff.

Zatanna definitely has a bum made for spanking.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

web-ed wrote:I see you found two more spankings, Phil - or rather three, but the one of Kayo cannot be presented. The other two are certainly worthwhile, though, and should be added to the main site sometime. :)
That first panel from October 17, 1926 is only provided to explain how it comes to be that Emmy is struck by a board while standing on a street corner.
As I said above, Moon evidently has a powerful backswing. What happens to Kayo is nothing more than collatoral damage to the main event.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/29/2018

Post by web-ed »

• The Comic Strip Series continues as we revisit Smilin' Jack - which could have been called "Spanking Jack" with all the intense spanking scenes it featured over the years. First of three parts featuring new scans from Sweetspot: Smilin' Jack Spanking #4.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with an unplanned extension of our Zatanna mini-series: this time, Julius Zimmerman and Doctor Cylon get together to show what happens as soon as Zatanna drops her drawers! Third of a three-part mini-series on Zatanna!
CSR readers should be very familiar with the Smilin' Jack strip, for we've seen what we thought were 10 different spankings from the strip! We're going to have to take that number down temorarily to nine, as when CSR Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: discovered the first printing of the Jack/Joy Beaverduck spanking (our #4), he also discovered that the ostensible #9 was in fact merely a panel from #4 that had not been reprinted (the reprinted versions being the only ones available to anyone in the spanko world until now). However, we'll be making up for that soon with an entirely new spanking, so it's all going to even out. :D It looks like we'll have another two weeks of Smilin' Jack, but it might be three depending on how long the coding takes.

Likewise, we've seen Zatanna before, but this week's Doctor Cylon entry is new to us even though it dates back to 2010. Julius Zimmerman liked Zatanna as a subject and the good Doctor simply could not resist colorizing and captioning. This one I found very recently when going over some of the latest files he sent to me, and it seemed a perfect addition to Super-Spanking Summer. There are some more Zimmerman / Cylon collaborations in the files and we'll be seeing many of them in future months.

You may notice that the good Doctor's gallery has been spiffied up a little, the product of some work on my part plus a new avatar he sent me. :geek:

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with more from Smilin' Jack: second of a projected three part series featuring new scans from Sweetspot. And Super-Spanking Summer continues with several scenes of a generic superheroine, all of which involve her getting spanked one way or another! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Zatanna looks good with her drawers down. Nice red hand mark on her arse too! :roll:
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

"Cut a switch on me, will you!!"
- Jack Martin
As far as logical consequences go, I suppose Smilin' Jack should have cut a switch and applied it where it would have done the most good. :D

Web-Ed - If you have time please check your e-mail before grounding Spankin' Jack for the year.

I like the suggestion you made in your last e-mail. I'll be on the lookout for further instructions. My next entry on the topic Near Misses and Threats will be all Smilin' Jack. Thanks for showcasing the comics. I'm enjoying that and of course the several entries from the resident artists.

Phil S.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Great to be back 8-) :D :D :D :D Love that Zatanna is slowly pulling her pants down Great build up but I`m betting Doctor Cylon will be giving her extras swats with the paddle for delaying her punishment :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Julius Zimmerman has taking a page from Bill Ward by givng his women very large torpedo size breasts :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Next to The Phantom Smilin` Jack have never meet a woman he sooner or later will be putting over his knee :D :lol: :lol: can`t believe there was miss opportunities in his comics :shock: any way this is a Great spanking plus build up love the look on the woman`s face and the way she trying to escape her comeuppance :lol: :lol: only flaw Jack need to carry a small stool with him so that he can sat down and place the woman or women over his lap :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) GREAT Spanking ! THANKS Sweetspot 8-) THANKS WEB-ED 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/29/2018

Post by web-ed »

Glad your computer problems are over and you're back with us, Butch!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I thought there was a lot of interesting history and other information about the Smilin' Jack spanking. I sure would love to know what their thought processes were when doing this. Why were there 2 different views of the spanking in different printings? I can't help but wonder if it's because the original is so poorly done with the spankee lying on her side over his lap instead of her being face down?? In any case, it's all interesting information ;) .

As for the Zatanna drawing, all I can say is leave it to Doc Cylon to find a shapely rear end to spank :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 07/06/2018

Post by web-ed »

First the updates, which are short:
I wanted to have a little more than this, since after all Spanking #5 is only a repeat of Spanking #4, but here it is almost midnight and I'm caught once again by the Dreaded Deadline Doom (as it used to be called at Marvel). There is so much Smilin' Jack material to go through I will try to present a greater quantity of it next week.

Next, the June Comics Spanking Search, which once again was less than gratifying:

Pages searched: 1989
Total: 585619
Comic Spankings: 2

1. Crack Comics #29 (Jan. 1942 Quality) M/M, standing, paddle – Ned Brant strip. The team is engaged in a secret practice where the guards are armed with paddles. Some kid and the college president both get whacked – terrible! Bob Zuppke/ B. W. DePew
2. Wilbur #3 (Winter, , Archie) M/M standing and bending over, paddle – Wilbur is initiated. Flaming effects are used to illustrate the sting of the paddling, which makes it all the more tragic it was Wilbur who got initiated and not his girlfriend Linda.

Very disappointing considering that romance comics still dominate my searches. And the amount of M/M paddling during the Golden Age is really getting to be quite disturbing. :x As I remark above, why couldn't we see Linda initiated instead of Wilbur? And why no new spankings in all these romance comics? Perhaps it's the era - we know there's a terrible "Dead Zone" from 1956-1965, but some of these comics were earlier. I still have many - probably several hundred - piled up to go through, however, so all hope is not lost. :) Meanwhile, this junk will go into the Data Base in the next few days.

Next, Chief Strip Researcher Phil Sweetspot :ugeek: and I are working on the new Newspaper & Magazine Gallery. As I mentioned in April, I plan to break up the current Picture Gallery and eventually replace it. Phil has accumulated so much newspaper material that it was obviously the place to start. I don't know yet when we'll "open" the gallery, but it will certainly be announced here.

Finally, one thing that's been eating up any "spare" moments has been the upgrading of all the pages in the Video Section, necessitated by Active-X controls no longer being supported in Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser. 38 pages and more than 43 video files had to be recoded, and while I had some help from an automated process, I still had to do a lot of HTML changes myself. I really hate having to expend that much effort just basically to remain in place, but what can you do? Sometimes this kind of renovation is necessary even though it takes valuable hours away from posting new material. I planned to finish by the end of the summer so we're ahead of schedule for once. :o

A final word about the Video Section: while it's never had the emphasis that comics and cartoons have at CSR, in revisiting these pages I'm really quite proud of what we have. Much of the stuff is not available anywhere else (except from those who took it from me ;) ), and I really produced some nice-quality versions of known spankings like the Robert Horton / Susan Oliver one in Wagon Train or the rather strange one in Route 66, where I also gave a full-length critique of the series! Where but CSR could you find something like that? And I've got lots of video material in the files including more bar paddlings of women that we'll be seeing eventually.

So if you haven't ever looked at the Video Section, take a look - you'll be glad you did! :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!1 love revisiting old classic spanking from comics specially Smilin Jack :D :D :D hope there some Phantom comic spanking soon :twisted: :D :D poor Joy have to be very embarrassed that another woman knows about her spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: also like how Jack threaten Joy with a fanning a word I have not heard in a long time :lol: :lol: ! hearing him saying it while looking at Joy curvy rear makes the scene very exciting :D :D :D GREAT After Spanking scene from comic 8-) 8-) Generic Super heroine spanking is HOT! HOT! HOT!! she looks like Daphne from Scooby Doo only with a big rear :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: she really taking some hard well deserved spankings on that nice round bottom ! Always imagined the best way to defeat a Super heroine or villainess is with a good hard spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: no matter how powerful they are the female buttocks should always be the most softest part of their body :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) is that Doctor Doom and Green Arrow spanking her OUCH!! :lol: :lol: THANKS!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I like the idea of a photo of the spanking :D . What I'm wondering is why the photo is a mirror image of the original spanking with him using his left hand rather than his right to spank the naughty girl??

Interesting series of spanking pics for our Superheroine . Of the 5 pics, I like the last one best because of her facial expressions and the way the "action" is captured. I would say that the artist missed the deep blush that would be on the face of any spankee getting spanked this well. good updates. Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 07/13/2018

Post by web-ed »

More late-night updates, but I really wasn't sure I could get to them tomorrow.
  • The Comic Strip Series continues as we revisit Spankings #2 and 3 from Smilin' Jack. We have new scans and the original publication dates from Sweetspot.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with a new spanking for Wonder Woman courtesy of Doctor Cylon! This is actually a new version of a drawing we first saw a couple of years ago, and kicks off a five-part series on WW.
Our current Comic Strip Series is a wonderful undertaking, but it's also extremely demanding. It's left me only time to prepare one super-spanking per week, and since we haven't done a series on Wonder Woman for a while, I decided this was the moment :D . And I wanted to be sure that it would be a series that I could incorporate some of Doc Cylon's work into because I now have so much of it. I've got a huge amount of Harley Quinn spankings, but they can wait until we have time for a long Batman series.

We'll have four more weeks of WW, then a week I haven't programmed yet, and we'll wind the summer up as we started with Big Barda, including some more information about her and one or two surprises :) .
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The good doctor certainly did not miss naughty Wonder Woman. That handprint will take quite a while to fade.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR !!!!! looking at Wonder Woman well shape bottom with Doctor Cylon`s large autograph printed on it :twisted: :lol: :lol: make you wish to have seen him signing it over his knee :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: OUTSTANDING 8-) the spanking in Smilin Jack is always exciting :D :D :D only the artist need to have giving Jack something to sat on while spanking :) the mother daughter scene is his best both women have nice round bottoms also Cherry`s bottom should have had pain stars still coming from it as she was sating down talking on the phone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HOT! Love the color version a lot 8-) 8-) THANKS!!
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: the spanking in Smilin Jack is always exciting only the artist need to have giving Jack something to sat on while spanking

That would be my only complaint as well. But note that when Cindy - the incendiary blonde! - spanks her daughter Cherry she is provided with a proper place to sit - it appears to be a foot rest or some kind of box - that certainly made sense but I can't say whether that was a concession to her gender or not. The four - I think it's four - different male spankers in the strip just make due with squatting - a great feat when you're spanking 'em two at a time. Oh yeah and one guy is standing upright when he delivers a swat. Anyway, I think that once Mosely had his model for spanking he repeated the same scene down through several decades of spanking. Most of these spankings took place at rather unconventional locations - jungles and beaches - etc. so there's that excuse. Perhaps Mosely's own experience, one way or the other, with corporal punishment was his inspiration for how he arranged a spanking scene.