Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by willjohn »

I saw the film in question in the early 1970s. In Australia it was known as "The Libertine."

It is a very old film now. Spaak is now 71 and Trintignant is 85!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/18/2016

Post by web-ed »

It's an all Doctor Cylon week to celebrate his triumphant return to the drawing board! :D Yes, despite aging eyes, the good doctor decided there was too much left in him to hang up his brushes just yet, so he sent us a whole passel of new and revised works. Let's take a look at two of them now, the first we've seen in four years:
Next Week: We revisit the only known spanking in the Green Hornet backup feature Calamity Jane with a brand-new scan - no calamity there :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

It is indeed good to see Doc Cylon again :D . I had no idea it had been 4 years :o . I guess time flies when you're having spanking fun :lol: . While I like both versions of the Frazetta fannywarming, I have to agree with you that the second one is better. In either case, the original drawing presents us with a young lady in a very enticing pose and Doc Cylon has, once again, put this pose to it's proper use :D .

I didn't know that Doc also wrote short stories and I have to say that this one was certainly imaginative with characters that were definitely recognizable :lol: Good updates this week. I'll be looking forward to next week. Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

WELCOME BACK!!! DOC CYLON been a while :D :D 8-) didn`t know he wrote HOT Spanking Stories :o could swear this was about the cartoon Penelope Pitstop meets Clint Eastwood`s Dirty Harry :twisted: :lol: :lol: 8-) GREAT Story only wish it was longer. Love Frazetta Fannywarming more like Fanny on Fire animated drawing :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: her bottom is position just right! think the hairbrush is doing a much better job turning her rear red than the paddle as it strike one butt cheek at a time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Super spanking drawing 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Welcome back to the good Doctor.

Miss Fannywarmer is a treat.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Will there be a Spanksgiving cartoon this week?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Will there be a Spanksgiving cartoon this week?
Unfortunately, willjohn, Thanksgiving is probably the holiday that has inspired the fewest spanking cartoons, and I couldn't find any good M/F ones this year :( . Maybe next year. I know Phil is going to have some Christmas spanking cartoons for us, though :) .
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Unfortunately, willjohn, Thanksgiving is probably the holiday that has inspired the fewest spanking cartoons, and I couldn't find any good M/F ones this year . Maybe next year. I know Phil is going to have some Christmas spanking cartoons for us, though .
Willjohn, web-ed is entirely correct. There are precious few Spanksgiving drawings. Having tried to come up with ideas for one myself, I can certainly understand why this is the case. I think the one where the pilgrim and the Indian are spanking each other's wives is the quintessential Thanksgiving, spanking drawing and the rest of us don't seem to be able to improve on that.

I will be posting some Christmas themed spanking drawings starting around the first of December. I already have 3 completed so there will be at least that many. web-ed has requested some featuring the Hiney sisters and I will start with one of those 8-) . Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/25/2016

Post by web-ed »

Happy Thanksgiving to all our readers! As I mentioned above in response to Willjohn's questions, I couldn't find any new M/F Thanksgiving-themed spankings this year, so I decided to revisit the only known spanking in the Green Hornet backup feature Calamity Jane with a brand-new scan - no calamity here!

Let's take a moment to talk about Green Hornet. Published by Harvey from 1942 to 1949, it featured the reasonably-popular character from radio (this was before the TV series, of course). I believe I have searched most of the published issues, with one reservation I'll get back to - it's hard to be sure because it was one of those comics that changed its name and also its publisher (Harvey continued using Helnit's - GH's early publisher - numbering, but Helnit continued the numbering also with another title and then Harvey changed the name and still continued the numbering!). The scene re-presented this week is the only M/F spanking known to exist in the title (one lame sorority paddling and two hideous M/M scenes are the other three - see the Comics Spanking Data Base for details). However, there are no scans of the lead feature, Green Hornet himself, which means there could well have been a spanking in it. (I have looked at one reprint - no spanking :( ).

The cover of Green Hornet #14 (September 1943). The character of the Green Hornet is copyrighted by the holder, who is unknown to us.

Why no GH scans? Remember a few months ago the whole question of copyrights was raised here? That's the problem with GH - the comics are no longer under copyright, but the Green Hornet character itself still is! You can print up all the copies of the back-up features you want, and you could even get away with reprinting sections of the GH strip provided that GH wasn't in them or was shown in his civilian identity of Britt Reid (as long as he's not identifiable as such), but you can't reprint anything in which the Green Hornet character is identifiable (except portions under "Fair Use"). Some day, I'll figure a workaround for this legal problem, and find out once and for all if Green Hornet left any "stinging" red bottoms :lol: !

Next Week: We revisit Doctor Cylon's take on Julius Zimmerman's "Ariel Bending Over" with three new versions!
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Always wonder why there wasn`t plenty of spanking in spies or Detective stories :twisted: :lol: :?: there were lots of beautiful bad women in them that we all knew needed a spanking :lol: anyway love this Spanking from Green Hornet 8-) the otk is Great plus she have a nice big bottom just right for spanking don`t know why her father waited so long to figure out what she needed :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking from Comic 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

First off, it just never fails to amaze me just how complicated it is for you to sort out all the information concerned with any spanking panel. With all the changes in publishers, names and numberings......and that's not even considering the copyright laws or unreadable artists signatures :o . I am glad you've made a study of all this, though, so you can bring us not only the spanking panels but also the stories behind them and the information that goes with them :D .

What I like best about this particular drawing is the way the artist has captured the spankee's struggles :D . Her arms are obviously flailing wildly, her legs are splayed as she kicks furiously and it looks like her struggles have become so animated that he is having to hold her in place to keep her from bouncing right off his lap and landing in the floor in front of him 8-) . Our spanker is having to actually lean forward to get a good enough hold on her to keep her in place. it's difficult to capture this action in a single panel and I think it's well done here. I think many spanking panels, my own included, make it look easier to keep an unwilling spankee on your lap than it sometimes really is. I like it :D . Her expression is obviously one of shock and dismay......too bad it isn't a little closer to us so we could see more detail. All in all, and considering the circumstances, I think this is a really good spanking panel :D . Good update this week...........even if there aren't any turkeys in it :lol: . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

It's also getting close to Christmas which should see some well spanked Hineys. :roll:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/25/2016

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Always wonder why there wasn`t plenty of spanking in spies or Detective stories :twisted: :lol: :?: there were lots of beautiful bad women in them that we all knew needed a spanking :lol: anyway love this Spanking from Green Hornet 8-) the otk is Great plus she have a nice big bottom just right for spanking don`t know why her father waited so long to figure out what she needed :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking from Comic 8-)
Glad you liked our trip down memory lane with the Green Hornet, Butch. :) As for the dearth of spankings in spy or detective comics, it is a little strange. There is that one famous scene from "The Diamond of Death" in The Saint #5, and moving from comic books to comic strips, there are the two from Kerry Drake we've posted in Comics Gallery 2. Drake at least was a P.I., and we can stretch a point by putting Simon Templar in the same category (whether he was an investigator or a sort of counter-intelligence agent seemed to vary in the TV stories I remember). Apart from those, I can't think of any. (Perhaps I should have built a "Genre" column into the Comics Spanking Data Base, but I felt I didn't have room to display it on a webpage without using a horizontal scroll bar, which I hate. It would have made it easier to search this way.)

Looking into my files to see what I have yet to post, I find we do have a spanking by an investigative reporter, which is close to the Detective genre, but that's about it. I'll try to get it posted this year.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I always thought that Simon Templar was supposed to be a Raffles type gentleman thief.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: The Saint

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:I always thought that Simon Templar was supposed to be a Raffles type gentleman thief.
Could well be, Willjohn - I have heard him described as a modern-day Robin Hood. The truth is, I never read the books by Leslie Charteris :o - a shocking admission since I have always maintained that books are better than movies and TV. I don't even remember the movies which starred, I believe (without looking it up), George Sanders. I remember watching the 1960's TV series with Roger Moore when I was a kid and the later one with Ian Ogilvy when I was grown up, and I started watching reruns of the earlier show a few years ago when I wanted to capture the spanking scenes. What I remember from those is that the character was an adventurer and a man of the world, with some connections to law-enforcement and counter-espionage. How faithful any of that was to the books I can't say.

I don't have any real excuse for not reading the books except that life is short and Charteris composed a lousy theme for the 60's series that I always hated - not that having no musical talent means he was a bad writer. In any case, CSR readers curious about the Saint character should probably try reading Charteris' Enter the Saint.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/02/2016

Post by web-ed »

This week: We revisit Nice Catch with 5 new alterations from Doctor Cylon!

Next Week: More Paddling of Penelope Pitstop by Doctor Cylon! Plus the November Spanking search report.

Explanation: Doctor Cylon sent me so much new material recently I'm still sorting it all out. Thus I didn't realize that there were two relevant illustrations for his story "The Paddling of Penelpe Pitstop" or I'd have added them to the update two weeks ago. Anyway, I'm trying hard to pull it all together. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after next week. I'd like to do a special feature on birthday spankings for the New Year, but how I can put all that together during the next few weeks before Christmas I've no idea.

Anyway, I'm determined to bring something to the table every week even during the busy holiday season. (And don't forget that Phil is going to have some new Christmas cartoons :D!)

We will have plenty of new material from actual comics during the first half of 2017, so stay with us! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Well, I have to say that Doc Cylon certainly has an eye for appealing pic which he can turn into even more appealing pics 8-) . I was going to try to pick a favorite from these but I found that each of them have things of interest so I will just say that I really like them all and added them all to my collection :D . It's certainly good to see Doc's work again. Thanks, for providing all these for us. I'll be interested to see what you come up with during December. Thanks for the plug for my Christmas spanking toons. The first one is already posted :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!! LIKE The Julius Zimmerman`s drawing Nice Catch 8-) specially the bent over position this pretty Mermaid is doing :D wonder did she had the tail when she got caught in that net and change it to legs to try to escape :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Leave it to Doctor Cylon to Spice it up :D the best one is the gag version :twisted: second is the fire coming from her behind after the spanking OUCHHHHH!!!!!!! :lol: HOT!! HOT!! HOT!! DRAWING!!!!!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I remember The Saint from a comic strip in an Australian newspaper in the late 1950s. He was portrayed as balding with a moustache and goatee, not very tall and with no visible means for his high living.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Saint Comic Strip

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:I remember The Saint from a comic strip in an Australian newspaper in the late 1950s. He was portrayed as balding with a moustache and goatee, not very tall and with no visible means for his high living.
So, nothing like his appearance in the American comic book of the late 40's. I wonder why they took a different approach down under :?:

Your fellow Australians seem to have had a thing for adventure - a genre that is sadly under-utilized in today's gag-a-day strips. There was Devil Doone, Somebody Steele, The Saint, and probably a few others. Of course one big question is were there any spankings in any of them? I haven't discovered any so far, but we'll see what the future turns up. Until then, I've got lots of good American strip material we'll be seeing in 2017 :D .
-- Web-Ed