Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI-ED CSR!! The Etta kett spanking by her boyfriend is Great 8-) glad to see him showing her who boss when they get marry :D the otk is good even though it on the front steps :lol: better if on a chair in front of her mother who I think also needs a good spanking! :lol: :lol: :lol: Great!! Lois Lane being spanked by Mercy is nice only I wish El manto Negro had mercy seated in the center of the sofa with Lois planted flat over her knee :twisted: love how Lois hands are restrain :lol: :lol: a added touch to the humiliation :twisted: 8-) Like the coloring in the drawing! Great!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

You commented that the style of the Etta Kett spanking wasn't overly erotic and I have to agree with that. The OTK position is nicely done and his expression of irritation and determination are also good but the artist apparently paid no attention to the spankee's expression. She appears to be mildly surprised perhaps but shows no outward effects of the spanking in progress. It kind of reminds me of some spanking vids I've seen where the man is spanking the daylight out of a girl and she just lies there, not reacting at all. In my view, this is what really sucks the last bit of eroticism from this drawing. Still the idea is a good one and it's a good find.

The characters in the Mercy/Lois spanking aren't exactly my favorite but I have to admit that the drawing is nicely done. I like the fact that Lois is seriously helpless in this one :lol: . Nice position, leg lock and nicely rounded, if a bit too skinny, bottom turning red. 8-) . Good updates. Thanks, Phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

i love when the old strips surface and this was great. I enjoy otk the best and i loved the positioning myself. I always enjoy El Manto Negro's work as well as he does draw mostly otk and the bottoms do glow nicely. Great work thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 07/28/2017

Post by web-ed »

Well I'm burning the midnight oil once again to try to get our weekly updates out before Friday morning, although it's already mid-day in Australia by now for Willjohn.
Next Week: It's August already!
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with the Part 3 of a five-part mini-series on Etta Kett.
    Super-Spanking Summer continues with the Superman Family mini-series as Clark spanks Lois - that's one pairing we never get tired of! :)
I'm barely awake right now, but I'm having second thoughts about terminating the current Superman Family mini-series - I really like seeing Lois getting spanked and think I should probably continue with my remaining Lois and Supergirl spankings at least until the final week, when I have a special surprise planned - a Superheroine giving a spanking to another girl in an actual comic book! We might have time to fit in one more - we'll see.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Think you should keep the Super family Spanking series a little long :D hope there a Super Girl spanking in it soon :twisted: :lol: Now this is a much better spanking drawing Super Girl spanking Mercy 8-) the over the knee is perfect with Mercy round curvy rear up high just right for those painful smacks :D :lol: :lol: :lol: also like the angry look on her face and the humiliation of being spanked by Super Girl instead of Superman :twisted: :lol: :lol: Glad there is some room for Mercy to kick ! Super Hot Spanking Drawing 8-) Love the plot in Etta Spank For Pulling Prank :lol: the otk is very flaw with Etta who is very thin too far up over her Father`s lap! :D to see her Father learning that spanking is the best treatment for dealing with a naughty girl :lol: 8-) Nice Drawing! Can`t Wait for the Surprise Spanking in Comic 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues with our five-part mini-series on Etta Kett. In Part 2 we see Etta spanked for pulling a prank!
An interesting find. There are only two things wrong with the panel:
web-ed wrote:This general style has its advantages but is less than ideal for spanking because its angularity and the thinness of its subjects means the spankee usually looks like she's got a small, bony butt!
and
web-ed wrote:Paternal spankings are probably nobody's favorite
I liked it better when her boyfriend spanked her!

Something else I noticed is that last week's post is from 1933, and this week's is from 1934, a year later, but the detail in the drawing seems to have declined. Both are attributed to Paul Robinson, but did he actually draw both strips? Just wondering.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed.

Something else I noticed is that last week's post is from 1933, and this week's is from 1934, a year later, but the detail in the drawing seems to have declined. Both are attributed to Paul Robinson, but did he actually draw both strips? Just wondering.
As far as I know, B00m, Robinson drew both strips and did not use a ghost artist then or over the next 40 years! When he died in 1974 the strip ended.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I would certainly agree that Etta's father has the right idea with the "better late than never" attitude about spanking his daughter :lol: . It's certainly a well deserved spanking in this case :D . You've already talked about the angular, skinny, rather non erotic way in which she is drawn and I can't say that I care for that either. Her position is pretty good although her father needed to turn her farther over as she's too far to the right and she's apparently so skinny that she can lie over her father's belt, leaving his whole lap unoccupied :lol: . I do like her look of apprehension in the panel before the spanking panel and her look of surprise during the spanking :D .

I can certainly understand why both Lois and Mercy would both rather be spanked by Superman. Perhaps it's better punishment if Super Girl does it though :lol: I like the way Lois has been drawn holding her skirt up and rubbing her bottom 8-) . If her bottom is as red as Mercy's, I can certainly understand :lol: . Good updates this week :D . Thanks, Phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

i love the spankings this week. I did not think the spankings in Diana Dane and Etta Kett were similar as i thought Diana was a little fleshier. My thought was it reminded me of the spanking in Little Al of the Secrect Service as far as the thinness and the positioning. I enjoyed the reference to LADIES HOME JOURNAL, but i also did not really see the similarities. I love El Manto Negro's work as i really enjoy his positioning and his bottoms(most have the reddish hue that says she has been spanked. Great finds. Thanks to Phil for his usual dilegence in providing great scans and the storyline as well. Thanks web-ed for all the coding that you do and your insight as to the artists and other facts that would be lost. It always great to see spankings that have been lost and i really enjoy the summer series so far. Thanks again and have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 07/28/2017

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:i love the spankings this week. I did not think the spankings in Diana Dane and Etta Kett were similar as i thought Diana was a little fleshier. My thought was it reminded me of the spanking in Little Al of the Secrect Service as far as the thinness and the positioning. I enjoyed the reference to LADIES HOME JOURNAL, but i also did not really see the similarities. I love El Manto Negro's work as i really enjoy his positioning and his bottoms(most have the reddish hue that says she has been spanked. Great finds. Thanks to Phil for his usual dilegence in providing great scans and the storyline as well. Thanks web-ed for all the coding that you do and your insight as to the artists and other facts that would be lost. It always great to see spankings that have been lost and i really enjoy the summer series so far. Thanks again and have a great day.
Jim
You're welcome, Jim, and I'm glad you enjoyed this week's spankings! :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 08/04/2017

Post by web-ed »

There isn't much to report on the Golden Age Comic Spanking Search this month, so I'll just mention that the Humorama Search is, rather strangely, continuing to make progress in that most critical of areas: the period from 1955-60. I say "strangely" because digests from that era have become expensive and often scarce, but one after another I've been able to locate and search them. Only about 10 (out of at least 300 published during that time) remain to be found.
Next Week:
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with the Part 4 of a five-part mini-series on Etta Kett.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with the Superman Family mini-series as Clark spanks Lois - again! :)
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

It's January 1926 early in the 48 year run of the comic strip Etta Kett. As has been mentioned this "pretty girl" strip starts out as an attempt to teach good manners to young people. These January 11 panels puts across the point that it's rude to interrupt an ongoing conversation. But in these panels we also learn that Etta has a brother named Jerry who will disappear from the funny pages faster than the oldest Cunningham boy vanished from Happy Days. We also find out that at the outset of the strip Etta's college days are seemingly well behind her - although she'll not only have been back in college but kicked out of school by 1928.
EttaKett#1Jan11,1925.jpg
EttaKett#1Jan11,1925.jpg (48.11 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
EttaKett#2Jan11,1926.jpg
EttaKett#2Jan11,1926.jpg (42.86 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
Etta teaches us the proper way to offer a piece of cake to a guest and also displays her more generous 1920's version backside.
EttaKettJan5,1925.jpg
EttaKettJan5,1925.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Even after World War II in my childhood there were some strange rules of etiquette.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I must say that I found this week's Etta Kett to be pretty amusing :lol: . I like the idea that Father Kett spanks the wrong girl :lol: . I hope the next strip has him correcting this mistake by turning the right Etta over his knee 8-) . You commented that the spanking panel is very similar to the other 2 you've presented and in most respects, I'd say you are right. However, I will say this this is the only one of the 3 in which the spankee actually appears to be over his lap and I think she is fairly nicely positioned :D . It does look like Father Kett was so anxious to start the spanking that he couldn't even wait until he was fully seated before starting the spanking :lol: . Again, the spankee is way to skinny and it's a shame that Robinson never caught on to the fact that a spankee should have a more shapely rear end. I notice that Sandra is apparently unaccustomed to getting her bottom spanked and doesn't know that the rules of getting a spanking do not allow her to order him to stop :lol: In this regard, you will notice a similarity between this spanking and the one I posted a few minutes ago in "Growing Pains" :D .

I just love both the idea that Boom presents and also the drawing :D . Of course, we all know that Lois really deserves a good spanking. As a matter of fact, she deserved one in just about every issue as I recall :lol: . However, Boom has also presented us with the other side of this issue. Not only does Lois need a good spanking, for obvious reasons, but Clark needs to give her one in order to lower his stress level and what better way to get rid of his frustrations with her than to take them out on the seat of her panties 8-) . From the happy and satisfied expression on his face, I'd say this strategy is working perfectly :lol: . The drawing itself has all the required elements and then some, making it a very satisfying spanking scene :D . No worries about Lois being too skinny here. She is well proportioned with a wonderfully spankable bottom and shapely, kicking legs 8-) . The OTK position is perfect and her dress is raised to show off her cute, little panties :D . Boom's even thrown in some erotic extras with the garter belt and stockings 8-) . I'd have to say this is the best Superman/Lois spanking I've ever seen :D :D . Good updates this week! Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB- ED CSR!!! Love this week Etta Kett comic 8-) hope that Pop continue spanking actress Sandra Saunders bottom even though she not his daughter Etta :twisted: :lol: :lol: think she really needs it :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: knowing she going to sue him or press charges Pop she make this count :twisted: :lol: :lol: the over the knee in this drawing is Good with Miss. Saunders`s pert bottom up high 8-) notice Pop have to lean a little to deliver a good swat :lol: :lol: Great Drawing!!! What A nice plump bottom Lois Lane have too bad I couldn`t see her facial expression during her spanking :lol: but that doesn`t stop this from being a Very Hot Super Spanking Drawing 8-) Like how HugobOOm explain the different between a Clark Kent spanking which is normal from a Superman spanking that is very hard!! either way Lois is still crying :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice otk action and good coloring! Big Thumbs UP !! HugobOOm 8-) 8-) Love reading back stories on movies and comic books spankings and read a story on the Robot Superman spanking Lois which is a Great Spanking! this was the Silver Age Superman during the 60`s and Mort Weisinger didn`t want Superman to spank Lois or Lana even though he made them both foolish in many of their comic so he had a robot Superman do the honor :lol: instead of the real Man of Steel :twisted: and even if he wanted Superman to spank Lois or Lana The Comic Code Wouldn`t approve of it! Do anyone believe this story?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: Love reading back stories on movies and comic books spankings and read a story on the Robot Superman spanking Lois which is a Great Spanking! this was the Silver Age Superman during the 60`s and Mort Weisinger didn`t want Superman to spank Lois or Lana even though he made them both foolish in many of their comic so he had a robot Superman do the honor :lol: instead of the real Man of Steel :twisted: and even if he wanted Superman to spank Lois or Lana The Comic Code Wouldn`t approve of it! Do anyone believe this story?
Hi Butch!

The Superman Robot spanking may be found in Comics Gallery 2. Just as a reminder to everyone, here's what it looked like:

We know that the stories about Weisinger not wanting Superman to spank Lois or Lana are all too true (so are a lot of other stories involving Weisinger, but we'll let that pass here). We know this because we have it from his own lips! It's been a few years since I posted it, but The Lois Lane Spanking Letters are still out there in the "Special Features" area of Comics Gallery 1. Many good and true readers of Lois Lane kept writing in asking that she be spanked by Superman - it's actually kind of hilarious except that Weisinger's responses indicate he thought no gentleman would spank a lady :x - how wrong can you be?

And so we were left with only this robot spanking, Lois spanking a Linda Lee robot, Lana being spanked (just about) as a teenager and as a child, a terrible mass-spanking by the Superman Revenge Squad of their sons, and innumerable attempted spanking of Super-Tot that always ended with the "classic" line, "Owww! My hand!"

But suppose Weisinger had been a bit wiser and a better editor, and had wanted (or at least allowed) Superman to spank Lois - what about the Comics Code Authority? In my lengthy four-part series on the Code (see Part 3 here), I advance the thesis that there was a virtual "dead zone" for comic-book spankings between 1956-65 during the administration of Mrs. Guy Percy Trulock. Parental and robot spankings were allowed, but only one actual M/F spanking between a young couple managed to slip through. So it's possible, even likely, that Weisinger would have had trouble with the Code until 1966. (That was the year Batman spanked Marcia Monroe :) ).
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues with our five-part mini-series on Etta Kett. In Part 3 we see Etta's double the movie star spanked in an amusing case of mistaken identity.
This one is interesting... It's not really a parental spanking, even though the father thinks the young lady is his daughter.

There is still the problem with Etta/Sandra's skinny backside. On the other side, there's the way Robinson drew the lay of her skirt, implying that it's made of a very flimsy material. Sandra definitely felt the spanking she got!

Apparently, Paul Robinson didn't take advantage of the potential presented by Etta working as Sandra Saunders's double. Why, oh why didn't he have a story about a script that called for the dashing male star to spank his lovely leading lady? "Cut!" the director yells, just as Sandra has been pulled across her co-star's lap. "Cue the stunt double!" Now that would've been fun! Of course there'd have to be rehearsals and re-takes! Sandra's poor stunt double would wind up with a very tender backside!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed, Overbarrel, and Butch
web-ed wrote:Super-Spanking Summer continues with our Superman Family mini-series and the beginning of a new sub-series: Clark Kent spanks Lois Lane.
Thanks for re-posting this one.
overbarrel49 wrote:I just love both the idea that Boom presents and also the drawing. Of course, we all know that Lois really deserves a good spanking. As a matter of fact, she deserved one in just about every issue as I recall. However, Boom has also presented us with the other side of this issue. Not only does Lois need a good spanking, for obvious reasons, but Clark needs to give her one in order to lower his stress level and what better way to get rid of his frustrations with her than to take them out on the seat of her panties. From the happy and satisfied expression on his face, I'd say this strategy is working perfectly. The drawing itself has all the required elements and then some, making it a very satisfying spanking scene. No worries about Lois being too skinny here. She is well proportioned with a wonderfully spankable bottom and shapely, kicking legs. The OTK position is perfect and her dress is raised to show off her cute, little panties. Boom's even thrown in some erotic extras with the garter belt and stockings. I'd have to say this is the best Superman/Lois spanking I've ever seen.
I really appreciate your comments. I drew this panel because I always wanted to see Superman give Lois the spanking she deserved, and I thought that, if he used his Clark Kent identity, a lot of the objections might be overcome!
butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:What A nice plump bottom Lois Lane have too bad I couldn't see her facial expression during her spanking but that doesn't stop this from being a Very Hot Super Spanking Drawing Like how HugobOOm explain the different between a Clark Kent spanking which is normal from a Superman spanking that is very hard!! either way Lois is still crying Nice otk action and good coloring! Big Thumbs UP !!
I'm glad you liked it. For obvious reasons, I made my version of Lois a bit more voluptuous than the artists who did Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/04/2017

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed, Overbarrel, and Butch
web-ed wrote:Super-Spanking Summer continues with our Superman Family mini-series and the beginning of a new sub-series: Clark Kent spanks Lois Lane.
Thanks for re-posting this one.
Thanks for drawing it, b00m! And I hope it was a nice surprise. Actually, from the moment you drew and posted it I recognized it as an instant classic and was determined to re-post it in Comics Gallery 1. Two Super-Spanking-Summers later, I finally got around to it. :roll: But better late than never.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 08/11/2017

Post by web-ed »

It's going to be difficult to keep up with everything the next couple of weeks as I'm taking my annual working vacation starting next week, but I'll do my best. The last several years I've had a laptop computer with me, and typically I've done a fair amount of work on CSR (including posting of the weekly updates) as well as my more serious writing. I've often wanted to advertise my vacation destination as their might be some women in need of spanking on the way there, but alas I feel that would be too strong a clue to my secret true identity :lol: in the unlikely event anyone who knows me in the "vanilla" world would be reading this board. So all I can say here is that I'm going to a more scenic, less bullet-ridden location than Chicago up north somewhere.

Now for the weekly updates:
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with our five-part mini-series on Etta Kett. In Part 4 we see Etta trying to get out of doing the dishes, but in the end it would have been better for her just to have washed them.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with our Superman Family mini-series and the conclusion of the sub-series: Clark Kent spanks Lois Lane!

Next Week:
  • The Comic Strip Series concludes with the Part 5 of a five-part mini-series on Etta Kett.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with the Superman Family mini-series as Superman spanks Lois!
No stunning surprises as Etta's father once again puts her over his knee with the by now familiar "better late than never" rationale. As for the Superman/Lois scene, there really have been far fewer of these than there probably should have been and we're switching now from Clark Kent to Superman as the spanker, although of course they're the same person. This time, the artist (Joe Gravel) suggests that Lois has provoked that "You need to be taught a lesson" response in Superman deliberately just so he'll spank her! You won't want to miss either one :) !
-- Web-Ed